A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The Transcription Doctors - regarding the practice of penalizing them - Pearl

Posted: Jun 30, 2011

I would like to hear from current Transcription Doctors transcriptionists regarding the practice of penalizing them if they do not meet the required production rate, and also do they do the same if your QA percentage rate goes lower than what they require?  I have never heard of a company doing this before.  I don't see how they can keep people if this is true.

Line req and qa - MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are contracted to type a certain number of lines per pay period and do not I have experienced another company telling us that we had to get lines up or lose jobs. In my case there was not enough work which they didnt want to hear but if your QA goes below typically you are given 1 more quarter to get it up if not terminatd.

Clarity - Pearl

[ In Reply To ..]
I should have worded my message better. I should have said that TTD penalizes by deducting a certain percentage of your cpl rate for not making the required amount of lines and if your QA is not up to what they require, which I believe is 98.5%, although I'm not sure this is correct percentage.

Aren't they the ones paying 2.5 to 3 cpl already? - anonmt

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

I have never worked for them, but they have multiple ads - me

[ In Reply To ..]
running every week. In addition to insulting wages they offer, they want ICs, but they want them to work a schedule. There have also been posts about late payment.

check contract - MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
I would read through my contract if you signed one as IC. If you agreed to losing pay due to not meeting lines you need to find another company. This sounds as if you may be working for less than minimum wage by time they pay you their pathetic rate and then penalize you by not meeting lines. As IC I have always worked a schedule since most of these companies think its better for us to hang out there at their disposal and just wait when you lose your contract, no unemployment for us .... I actually turned down response to a job and told them they were insulting me by their offer of .07 a line. Thats pathetic for 15 yrs exp we all need to grow set and start telling them so after they get frustrated with newbies and incompetancy they will figure out we are not all "that" stupid to take their BS. phew got that out i feel better. lol

Reply - Ex-TTDer

[ In Reply To ..]

I worked with TTD for approx. a year on their "Team QA" only. I was invited to transcribe files when there were no files to review; however, I will not transcribe for 8 cpl straight and 4 cpl VR (whicih at that time is what they were paying). I had no problem working with them other than the fact they hired newbies and MT that could not find work anywhere else, as they don't require a test. Unfortunately, they let the individual's work speak for them, and many of the MTs just didn't care. Personally, I feel (and one can flame on, as I am exercising my 1st Amendment right) and made it be known to management that they SHOULD dock pay for those MTs who will not use the account specs, will not use spellcheck, will not use a dictionary, will omit words, will type extra words, will number incorrectly, will not pay attention to detail, will not problem solve, and so forth. However, management never put this into play. I have kept in touch with many of the QA and MTs still there and no, they are not docking. IF, however, you have been on an account or moved around on different accounts, and there are constant "concerns" or "issues" with regard quality either from the client or the partner company who performs routine and random audits, yes, the MT and/or QA will be terminated. Personally, I felt they kept individuals on too long before terminating said MT and/or QA.

However, in defense of the aforemented MT and/or QA, offering such low wages, TTD should realize they are getting what they pay for (generally speaking, of course). I will try to explain briefly:

WHY would someone apply for a position of such low pay, when there are much better positions out there? There are a few reasons one would do this and my thought would be, because TTD does not test, the MT cannot find work elsewhere possibly due to lack of quality and TTD is flexible (too flexible, in my opinion).

Anyway, that was my experience. Again, when I worked with them, I was paid more, as I was not going to work for those wages, but willing to work as many shifts as I could around other jobs I worked .. and some days was able to put in 10-11 hours. Also, I liked the accounts and the platform.

So, in answer to your question - no, they do not dock for quality or lack thereof; yes, if one constantly makes mistakes, one is removed from the account; yes, the pay is very low; yes, they have tons of work; yes, it is extremely flexible working with them; yes, the accounts do not follow BOS per se, they are pretty much client-oriented, but the specs are written very well and easy to understand - I think anyway; yes, they use Escription, which personally I like working on.

Similar Messages:

Pathology Transcription - Dictation To Practice?
Nov 01, 2009

I am testing for a transcription position within a hospital, but I have never done pathology transcription before only sleep medicine & consultations. Does anyone know where I can download sample pathology dictation to practice before I have to test with them on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Practice Reports For Medical Transcription
Jun 28, 2010

My sister who recently graduated from MT school has started looking for MT jobs.  They now want her to test.  She feels she needs practice listening to actual dictated reports. Is there any site that has practice reports? ...

Medical Transcription Practice Reports
Dec 27, 2014

I'm a recent honors grad and would like to find some practice reports to help keep my newly acquired skills sharp during the resume building/job search process.  Your tips are much appreciated. JB ...

Family Practice MT Needed For P.R.N. Work - Crystals Home Transcription
Sep 23, 2010

Has anyone applied and heard back from this company today? ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

TTD, Inc. (The Transcription Doctors, Inc.)
Oct 25, 2009

If anyone knows any kind of info at all for this company I would love to hear from you. I am supposed to be talking to someone tomorrow from this company and I would love to know if they are legit. Thanks so much! ...

Transcription Doctors Inc.
Jan 20, 2010

Has anyone worked with this company before, not seen much posted for them, is that good or bad? ...

The Transcription Doctors
Feb 20, 2010

I can't find a dang thing in the archives about this company.  HELP.  Thanks everyone. ...

Transcription Doctors TTD
Feb 21, 2010

To the poster who posted below looking for information on TTD.  They don't have their own accounts.  They work for Superior Global and maybe others.  Superior pays them to find ICs.  They probably pay them 4 cpl and then TTD pays you a cruddy 3 cpl to edit VR reports.  They don't offer direct deposit because Superior is paying them and then they pay you, which is why you have to wait a month for your check.   I would never work for a company that is just bascially an agency hir ...

The Transcription Doctors TTD
Jun 29, 2010

I accidentally posted this on the main board too so sorry for the repeat post. I saw a post here that TTD was a bad company to work for. I recently graduated form CS and I have been looking for a job for the past 2 weeks. TTD offered me a job without doing any testing and I thought that was odd. I really want to gain experience since but I don't want to work for a horrible place. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

The Transcription Doctors - TTD
Jun 29, 2010

I have gone through the past several months and I saw one post about The Transcription Doctors being a bad company to work for. I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience or if they are all still bad comments. I just recently graduated from CS and I have been looking for jobs for a while. I was offered the job at TTD without doing any testing and I just thought it was odd. I just want to gain experience but Im nervous to work there after what I have read. Any input would be greatl ...

TTD - The Transcription Doctors
Apr 15, 2010

My recommendation is to have any MT who feels her time is valuable to Stay very far away from this company. I am going to be very careful in how I word this.  Company did not pay me correctly.  Our line counts did not match.  Experienced problems with line count accuracy early in employment.  Kept accurate records of line counts (their counts and my counts).  Was only paid 1/10th of first invoice.  Inquired about issue several times, and only when I sent an email to ...

W2 From Transcription Doctors?
Feb 05, 2011

I was an IC for TTD for about 6 months.  Has anyone gotten their W2 from them yet? (the one in California).  Thanks! ...

Transcription Doctors -How Often Is Pay?
Feb 18, 2011

Do you have to work a month before getting your first check at Transcription Doctors? How frequently do they pay?  Do they offer direct deposit?  Thanks ...

TTD (The Transcription Doctors)
Aug 01, 2011

PLEASE BE ADVISED---THIS ACCOUNT PROMISES WORK, BUT RUNS OUT OF IT VERY FAST.  THEY ONLY WILL LET YOU WORK ON ONE ACCOUNT AT A TIME UNTIL YOU ARE RELEASED.  YOU WILL MAKE NO MONEY!!!! ...

The Transcription Doctors.
Oct 06, 2011

I am intersted in some current info on this company. I have read the archives and just want to check and see from any current employees if their payroll issues are resolved.  Also, info on platform, dicitators, etc. Thank you! ...

The Transcription Doctors Don't Pay?
Nov 03, 2011

Aren't they the ones who don't pay? I've seen something in the past about this. ...

Transcription Doctors?
Feb 28, 2012

I recently applied with Transcription Doctors and almost immediately recieved a "new hire packet." I spent hours filling out all of the paperwork and now recieve no response, via email or phone, from either of the contact points! Does anyone out there either work for them, or have this same issue? Thanks so much! ...

Transcription Doctors Or TTD
Mar 02, 2012

Does anyone have any info on Transcription Doctors or TTD, Inc.  I sent a resume and received a ton of new hire paperwork, but no description about the job or even a phone call, just watch a video and start working.  I see they have tons of job postings so I am weary there will be enough work or if there is work actually.  There are a lot of red flags so I thought I would check before I spent the effort.  Thanks. ...

Transcription Doctors - Yay-Nay
Mar 17, 2012

Just wondering about them ...

The Transcription Doctors (TTD)
May 09, 2012

Does anyone have any opinions about working with TTD?  I am looking for the good, bad, or indifferent.  I have seen their ads and was thinking about applying to work with them.  Any opinions would be great.  I have search the archives, but would like to get some current info.  Thanks! ...

The Transcription Doctors - Good Or Bad?
Jan 13, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about this company? Good or bad? ...

Anyone Heard Of Transcription Doctors
Feb 02, 2010

Anyone heard of Transcription Doctors and if so, does anyone have an information on them? ...

Transcription Doctors Is Always Advertising. How Are
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Has Anyone Actually Gotten Paid By TDD (Transcription Doctors)? Sm
Feb 23, 2010

Not that it makes much difference  with the pitiful amount I was able to make at what they were paying, but over 6 weeks for a lousy pay check?  Geez!  Could it be they are one of those preditory MT rip-off joints?   ...

What's Wrong With Transcription Doctors
Mar 03, 2010

What's wrong with Transcription Doctors? They advertise way too much for help. I heard they pay every 30 days. Other than that, what is wrong with this company? ...

Does Anyone Work For The Transcription Doctors
Mar 05, 2010

Are they a good company to work for? ...

The Transcription Doctors Pay Schedule
Mar 15, 2010

I started working for them over 6 weeks ago and have NOT gotten paid YET.  I know there has been discussion that that happens but we're going on almost 2 months now and nothing.  I've emailed and gotten no response, yet still get the emails about "A... backlog still critical!" and so on.  I'm only working for them until I find something else MUCH MUCH better (and that pays!!).  Unfortunately, I did not read anything about their questionable payment methods befo ...

Transcription Doctors Are Hiring
Aug 01, 2010

at a whopping 3 cpl.  Don't everybody rush at the same time to apply.  What is that about 5 bucks an hour??  Pathetic. ...

Transcription Doctors Offering 2.5 VR. Can You Believe That.
Jun 17, 2011

Now they got it down to 2.5 for VR.  Unbelievable. ...