A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does MM do pathology transcription? - Thanks! (nm)

Posted: Jul 20, 2013

Thank you!

I know at one point - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
we had quite a few pathology accounts. MM has a very long list of clients, but with all the changes in technology and sending offshore, I don't know how much pathology remains domestic, or if it requires an MT/ME.

Similar Messages:

What Is Pathology Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

Can anyone explain to me what do you type if you are a pathology MT?  I see many jobs asking for radiology or pathology expereince needed.  I understand what RAD is... I do not know what pathology is typing.  Please explain?  Greatly appreciated! ...

Pathology Transcription - Well Do You Like It?
Feb 06, 2012

Just wondering if anyone out there types pathology reports and, if so, how well do you like it?  Considering a position of strictly pathology dictation.  Thanks. ...

Pathology And Laboratory Transcription
Dec 24, 2010

I just found a local hospital advertising for a path and lab transcription job and am considering applying, but I've never done that type of transcription.  I've done numerous others, radiology, hospital, surgical, clinic, etc., but it has been a few years as lately I have been doing clinic work only.  Is pathology/laboratory transcription difficult?  I realize it's a matter of opinion and just like all other transcription would take time to adjust.  I'm g ...

Pathology And Radiology Transcription
May 23, 2011

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for about 12 years. I am presently unemployed. I have seen an ad on one of the job sites for a pathology transcriptionist with 1 year experience. My question is how different/difficult is pathology transcription. Should it be something a radiology transcriptionist can do, given I have 15 years experience but 12 in rad work. Do you think it would be something I could pick up without difficulty? Any information and input would be appreciated. I have been ou ...

Does Nuance Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Is The Difference?
Apr 10, 2014

Can anybody tell me how different it is typing for a pathology practice versus clinic transcription and hospital transcription? I am considering applying for a pathology transcription position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

Pathology Transcription - Dictation To Practice?
Nov 01, 2009

I am testing for a transcription position within a hospital, but I have never done pathology transcription before only sleep medicine & consultations. Does anyone know where I can download sample pathology dictation to practice before I have to test with them on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Skills Are Needed?
Jun 29, 2010

I've been an acute care transcriptionist for 15 years... can anyone tell me if I qualify for Pathology transcription or is this an acquired skill that needs more schooling? Thanks! ...

I Want To Learn Pathology And Radiology Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

Hi, I been working full time in acute care as an IC now for 7 years and I have been noticing the only jobs for transcriptionists left in hospitals or labs is pathology, sometimes but rarely radiology.  How can I go about learning pathology.  I been in acute care my whole career, it can't be that hard to learn after typing acute care non stop for this long.  Any ideas? ...

New Pathology Transcription Job, Info Needed
Jun 28, 2013

I am about to start a new in-house path transcription job for a laboratory. I did transcription for about 6 years up until I quit last spring. My specialties then were ortho and PT, so I have no experience in pathology. The new company is well aware of this and is willing to train and be patient with me learning on the job. Even so, I am so very nervous as I know this is a whole different ballgame with terminology. They do autopsies as well. Are there sites I should read up on or dictionaries th ...

Pathology Transcription - Difference Besides Learning The Format?
Mar 26, 2012

I have 18 years experience in acute care transcription in just about everything except "pathology transcription."  I have done a lot of ops of all kinds, oncology, neurology, cardiology, infectious disease, etc.  Is Pathology transcription that different?  I've done tumor staging, chemo protocols, just about any type of EEG, TEE, cath, radiology, etc.  The reason I'm asking is I saw a job for a "Pathology transcriptionist" and I really believe I'm qualified with my knowledge, ...

Pathology Transcription: Needing Advice On Finding A Job
Jan 27, 2015

Wondering if anyone can offer advice on where PATHOLOGY TRANSCRIPTIONIST jobs can be found - preferably one at home and would really like one that pays by the hour, but would consider one that pays by the line. Thanks for any advice that you might be able to offer. ...

Pathology MTs
Oct 28, 2009

Are there any Pathology MTs out there? Can I ask who you work for? ...

Pathology Help, Please - SM
Dec 23, 2014

Received fresh, and placed into formalin fixative, the specimen is labeled "left breast biopsy", and consists of a rounded, somewhat *, egg-shaped mass, 4.3 x 2.9 x 2.4 cm.  The cut surface has a somewhat fish-flesh appearance, with frequent ** areas.  No hemorrhage or necrosis is seen.    *s/l "boscillated" or "vahsillated" **s/l "cletid" or "klepted"  Any help appreciated :)   ...

New Pathology MT
Mar 13, 2015

I JUST STARTED WORKING A PATHOLOGY TRANSCRIPTIONIST, I WAS LET GO FROM MY PREVIOUS JOB THAT I WORKED AT FOR 14 YEARS. HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT THE TRAINING FOR FLUENCY WAS A JOKE, THEY GAVE ME THIS MANUEL TO READ. I DO NOT LEARN THAT WAY AND MY PC WAS NOT REALLY HELPFUL. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS SAME PROBLEM? AND SHE IS NO NIT-PICKY ABOUT STUPID ERRORS THAT I HAVE BEEN DOING WITH THIS ACCOUNT FOR YEARS.  ...

MM Pathology
May 13, 2015

Anyone working pathology department for MM?  Wondering what your eperience is working for many pathologists and accounts, and anything else you can elaborate on in this department.  Thanks.  ...

S/l Label Pathology
Nov 07, 2009

There is no evidence of any rotator cuff, biceps, and/or label pathology. ...

Forensic Pathology
Jan 06, 2010

Hi Everyone! I wanted to know if anyone could tell me what companies transcribe for M.E's offices or Hospitals for Forensic Pathology (autopsies). I have been involved in the business for 3 yrs and now am looking to work from home with this as my primary background. I appreciate any feed back. Thank you! ...

Pathology Question
Feb 22, 2010

s/l Sakimono's solution.  ...

Pathology Sites
Jun 10, 2011

I just switched over to typing pathology reports, are there any good sites that you recommend to help with learning some of the words and phrases.    ...

Is It Bcl-2, BCL-2, Or Bcl-2 For Lymphoma Pathology?
Jun 01, 2011

?? ...

Pathology Report
Jul 28, 2011

Hmmm...got another one. Can a specimen be recevied "informa"? Another word I just cannot find anywhere! The only other phrase that makes sense to me is "in foam." Maybe he does an "ah' afterward..? ...

Pathology Measurements
Mar 08, 2012

I was training in pathology.  I was told if they say two centimeters to type 2.0 cm, but if they say two millimeters, type it 2 mm and not use a .0 for mm.  Anyone else heard of this?? ...

Pathology Pay - $1.25 Per Report
May 21, 2013

Current offer from MTSO to type pathology at $1.25 per report. I have only typed pathology before for hourly rate so I am unfamiliar with whether this is the going rate, but M*Modal pays $2.00 per report so I am thinking not. Wondering what I should be asking them like - after 90 day period can I move up to at least $2.00 per report? Does this include gross, micro, and diagnosis sections? How many specimens dictated daily? What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help/advice, I really ...

Describing Pathology/GI
Jan 09, 2014

Doctor is describing patholgy of a Whipple.  He states "The extrapancreatic extension involved a microscopic focus of glands and s/l neeshon pull adjacent to the duodenum" - Any thoughts, anyone?  Thanks! ...

Pathology Transcriptionists Please Help
Mar 13, 2014

I work in the path department and when a malignant case comes up that requires a CAP, I defer to the CAP summary.  The docs dictate "lymphovascular . . ." but the CAP summaries will have "lymph-vascular . . ."   The problem is today I was checking the CAP protocol for the Lung CA and the word was used both ways.  In the actual protocol itself, there was the hyphenated version as a header, i.e., but then in the explanatory notes at the end of the protocol  there' ...

Hey, If You Have Pathology Experience
Dec 04, 2014

Keystrokes is immediately hiring. Pay by the line, but it's straight typing. You MUST have pathology experience. If you send a resume, lead with your pathology experience. Doesn't matter if it was 30 years ago...experience is experience and pathology hasn't changed. There's been a lot of yak about keystrokes being crappy, but hey, Nuance is screwing you guys out of your pay. ...

Fixative Used In Pathology
Jan 03, 2015

I am transcribing pathology gross descriptions.  All of a sudden the dictator switched from using "formalin" to what sounds like "Gliofix." Anyone heard of Gliofix and know the spelling?  Thanks so much for your help. ...

Pathology: ICD 4 To 8 Ratio Of 9 To 1. How To Type?
Feb 09, 2011

Mycosis fungoides.  Cells were CD3, CD4, and CD5 positive with "ICD 4 to 8 ratio of 9 to 1"   ...

Pathology Results...please See Message
Aug 09, 2011

Bilateral ovaries:  S/l encorpo avakansia and epithelial inclusions.   TIA!! ...