A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is anyone that is posting a resume having any luck with finding jobs. What - Looking MT

Posted: Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC.

what does it take to get a job right now? - address in India.

[ In Reply To ..]
Or, willingness to be paid less than a cabbage picker!

You got it. I expect when they get us below India wages the - Looking MT

[ In Reply To ..]
work will come back. Also, EMR should eliminate a lot of jobs in India I would think so we shall see how that goes with these offshoring companies. They will be making a lot less money for sure.

Indians make about $5000/year - no way

[ In Reply To ..]
please everyone stop saying they are going to lower our pay to equal that of India. Not saying they won't lower it, but even minimum wage is much more than 5K.
well, heres the flip side - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Their pay compared to their cost of living is much greater than our cost of living at minimum wage, so they will eventually make more than us!

You do realize that what they make is not what their MTSO is charging. - MT Looking
[ In Reply To ..]
That makes a big difference.
India wage - mt1347
[ In Reply To ..]
You do realize that 5k in India is a great wage? The people who work as MTs and make that $$ live like kings. The companies that operate there make a lot of accommodations to Indian workers - they provide transportion to and from work, they get tea time in addition to their meal break, and the company pays for all the equipment. They don't pay for their own PCs, electricity, cable, etc. They have nannies, cooks and housekeepers. Same with Pakistan. You have no idea how arrogant those people are and the fact that US companies will go over there and kiss their feet like that shows you just how much the increase in profit is for the US companies to have the work done there. Transcription is over a trillion dollar a year business and the MTSOs want to milk it for all its worth.
Yes I do - no way
[ In Reply To ..]
but I've seen too many posts here claiming that the next thing you know we'll be paid the same wages as those in India, and the only purpose that serves is to make people fearful when in fact, it can't happen.
yes I do - mt1347
[ In Reply To ..]
OK - see your point. But, a lot of use are currently being paid at or even under minimum wage. VR is making it very tough to get a decent paycheck. As an IC, I just quit a job last week because after 3 weeks I was earning less than 5 dollars an hour - it was more secretarial work than transcription and I was spending a huge amount of time looking up addresses. I also remember the days when you faxed your application/resume to an MTSO and the phone would ring 2 mins later - now I submit resume after resume and most placed don't even bother with an auto response to let you know they received it. I miss the days when MTSOs were 97% owned by MTs who knew what the job requires and respected their employees. Now, the big fish like Medquist, etc., hire managers who don't even know how to type and have never listened to a dictation - but they passed Six Sigma, so that makes them qualified to manage MTs. It's disheartening because this used to be a wonderful job, now it's just a way to make a living from home.
just a way to make a living from home - Leaving MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I were making a living from home doing MT! I have not yet been able to make a living wage doing this from home. It seems it used to be one of the only work-at-home jobs that one could make a living doing and be proud, but I think that is getting harder and harder to do.
I so agree - MT30+2
[ In Reply To ..]
I so agree. It used to be the same way for me; send a resume in and get a call maybe an hour later. Now, that is not the case. Granted, I have "burned a few bridges," but more so in the fact that I saw things being done that did not agree with my principles. The one big thing that I have seen is that several companies can have the same accounts. When I was doing QA for one company, I was on a "virtual computer," and was told not to "touch" certain reports, because those reports were being done by another service. I would REALLY like to know where in the US we can live on the wages that the MTSOs are paying us now? If you have a "second income source," another job, spouse, etc., it's not bad but for many of us, we are losing everything that over the years, we worked hard to achieve.

Finding a job - BrainCorruptedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found that my brain has been molded and remolded to fit my MTSO. When testing I am finding myself wondering if I should go back to the proper way of being an MT versus not "over-editing", etc. My brain cells are on overload and almost fried by the time I test. Frankly, if the company I test for cannot tell by the quality of my work, my references, the great places I have work and length of time and consider all the VR that is changing how to do this or that daily, well then I don't need to work for their company anyway. I consider it God's way of letting me know it's not the right job for me. They are the one missing out. Plus, I have seen some of what the MTSOs are paying and I don't even apply. It's a smack in the face. I won't even give them the privilege of seeing my resume!
I seriously am thinking of getting back out into the "real" world part time and doing this part time. Maybe I will see a new path.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Had Any Luck Posting Their Resume
Dec 02, 2014

anywhere in pursuit of a good job?  I am mainly looking for editing after doing this 25+ years.  ...

Is Anyone Having Any Luck Finding A Job Right Now Or Is It
Dec 02, 2013

actually getting worse than before.  I have a lot of experience and can do ESLs very well.  ...

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

Posting Your Resume On This Board
Feb 18, 2010

I was wondering if anyone on this board has posted a resume on this board and their employer saw it.  I want to post my resume, but I do not want to feel the rath of my employer if they found out or saw it listed on this board.  I need my job right now,but I also need to feed my family, and no longer wish to be the MT who is understanding and sitting at the computer all day. So, I guess what I am asking is can I post my resume and leave my name off it somehow? Has anyone posted their ...

Does Posting A Resume On This Site Help? Nam TIA
Mar 06, 2014

Xx ...

Posting Resume On MTStars - Need To Update?
Jun 25, 2011

This is the first time I've posted my resume, and I have a a couple of questions.  Is it important and/or necessary to re-post the same resume every so often?  Won't the employers basically just look at the first few resumes and not look further down the pages for others?  Thanks for your input.  ...

Resume Bank Job Offers From Posting?
Jul 25, 2012

Has anyone had any job offers from posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Posting Resume On MTStars - Best Place To Post?
Apr 07, 2014

I just wondered if posting a resume on this site is also letting Nuance know you're looking elsewhere.  It seems this would be shooting yourself in the foot.  Where's the best place to post a resume these days? ...

Anybody Ever Got A Response From Posting On The Resume Bank Board?
Dec 19, 2014

d ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Suggestions For Finding IC Jobs
Jan 01, 2010

I am moving to a very very large city in March and was thinking about soliciting dr's offices for independent contracting jobs for medical transcription.  I've been employed by nationals for the past 11 years and earlier worked for a couple dr's offices independently, but got word of them through the hospital I worked at.  Can anyone advise me the best way to approach a dr's office for transcription?  I'm thinking about trying to pick some up and do the wo ...

Anybody Else Finding Themselves Waiting For DQS To Download Jobs Tonight?
Jun 12, 2010

Starting to get on my nerves... ...

Resume Bank/Jobs Wanted Board
Jul 12, 2014

Just curious if posting on the Jobs Wanted or in the Resume Bank has been useful to anyone, or are companies just looking through resumes they receive to fill positions.  Thanks! ...

TTS Jobs Here Posting, 3 Cpl VR And 6 Cpl Typing.
Dec 08, 2012

Merry Christmas--This is where I guess I have to believe in abortion--career abortus--CA--or would that be MTA... ...

SoftScript Posting Jobs For 100 MT
Apr 22, 2013

After 18 months of no problems, and flipping between 6 accounts with the most idiosynchratic site specs, on top of the most outmoded platform, suddenly I don't pass audit, taking off the same error 3 times against me. Their editors and auditors know less than the MTs they are judging; I caught them on 4 different errors. They treat you like toilet paper, so those 100 MTs they need (wonder why?) better change their designations to TPs! ...

Why Does Accentus Keep Posting For Jobs, And Not Just Say It Is Nuance
Jan 03, 2013

That is unfair. They should just advertise under Nuance now.  People might jump to the job thinking it is another company, and come to find out it is Nuance.  This is false advertising. I surely wish Accentus would quit posting job openings. I get excited whenever I see a good job listing then I see it is Accentus/Nuance all over again. Sheesh.  Thanks for listening to my little rant. ...

BABBLETYPE Is Posting Again On The Jobs Board..sm
Oct 21, 2013

I am hopping on this in order to warn newer MTs DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, it is a SCAM!  Don't get burned by this company---they are about as honest as a 3 dollar bill.  Please search archives for info...there are a lot of scams out there now, just another joy of being an MT these days. ...

RADTRANS, Is Posting An Open Position On MT Jobs
Sep 27, 2012

Just wanted to let everyone know that the above company, RADTRANS, is posting an open position on MT Jobs.  Please think about this if you are considering applying.  Check the archives and see what I mean.  Have a great day everyone!! ...

Not Sure Why Mediscribes Is Posting Jobs Here. They Are An Indian Company.
Nov 18, 2013

then offshore it to India.  They have an office already set up in India.  I really think the management of this site should realize this is fully and completely a functioning Indian company, owned by Indians, staffed by Indians and transcribed by Indians.  Americans are used to establish accounts here and then its outsourced. ...

MTSOs Posting Jobs Ads Need To Be A Little More Forthcoming With Info
Dec 12, 2014

Would it be such a problem to list all aspects, including pay, in the job ads?  MTSOs, could you please not go on and on about how great you are and give us information we need so as not to waste your time and ours?  Why make us jump through the hoops of resume, application, and testing.  This is a very time consuming process, especially since we will apply to more than 1 job?  In addition to equipment needed, IC/employee, platform, shift, etc., what is your production requi ...

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck With CCM On This New ASR
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone else complain and actually get a response?  this making of random headings is ridiculous..my CCM just ignores me so I go along on my own..she wont even tell me where to make complaints on this mess to...Wonder how much she gets paid and how can I complain on her..I dont mind that she may be busy but this is getting ridiculous, she darn sure wants to hear from us when she needs something..Cant stand people that are paid, far better then me to supervise me, yet dont even make an attemp ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Anyone Have Any Luck Getting An IC Job With Transcription.net?nm
May 01, 2010

x ...

Hughes Net - Any Luck?
Jan 19, 2012

Hi, does anyone have a luck with Hughes Net?  Good or bad, let me know.  I am considering moving where it is my only option.  Thanks in advance. ...

Good Luck
Jan 02, 2015

well our hospital is to be taken over and they will be coming to speak to us individually.  There are four hospitals in this system.  Our hospital will have no transcriptionists going with Nuance. Good luck with some of the doctors, one doctor says he needs new dentures (people have been doing him for 30 years can't understand a coherent sentence) on the bright side he does correct our work cheerfully, must be alotting more money to other things than his dentures. More work for yo ...

Just My Luck. Trying To Finish WebmedX Ap
Jul 14, 2010

All I have left is the resume part and now I can't get back to the page. I keep getting an HTTP 500 error that says Website cannot display. Just killing some time, thought I'd gripe for a minute. Thanks ...

Well Ladies And Gents, Wish Me Luck
Jan 19, 2014

I have had it with this company.  I don't have another job to go to definitely but I have decided this is my last week with this one.  I am quitting this coming week but haven't decided quite yet how to do it.  Last week I hurt so bad I couldn't walk without a cane and my neck wouldn't turn, I cried all week and was seriously thinking of suicide,  so Saturday night I just decided heck with this I'll find something I always do, and when I woke up ...

Diskwriter Good Luck!
Aug 25, 2014

I see Diskwriter has 2 job openings, straight typing ... at 5.5 cpl.  Are they kidding?  Only 5.5 cpl?  Good luck filling that one. ...