A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hughes Net - any luck? - kittykat

Posted: Jan 19, 2012

Hi, does anyone have a luck with Hughes Net?  Good or bad, let me know.  I am considering moving where it is my only option.  Thanks in advance.

Bad idea - Backwoods Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Hughesnet and I wish I had other options. Its not worth what you pay for and there have been a bunch of complaints to the FCC and SCC about them. Do yourself a favor and leave yourself other alternatives.

Make sure you READ THE FINE PRINT. Something they do not tell you is that standard installation is on the roof of your home. Its extra to plant a pole in the yard. I found this out when the installer came to my home. I had told them to pack up and get off my property, but they called their HQ and they waived the fee which was 125 dollars. The service is sketchy in cloudy/stormy weather and you best forget about it in heavy downpours. Another drawback is if you cancel their service before your year's contract is up, they charge you 400 dollars until they get their equipment back, give you a 300 dollar credit when disk and modem are back, which leaves you paying 100 dollars. It is not worth it IMO.

Do a Google search on Hughesnet reviews and Im sure you will have more than you can read. I, myself, have put in a complaint to the FCC about them. I wish I other alternatives..Comcast is 6 miles from me and they are not even considering coming down my way, which is frustrating.

The ultimate choice is up to you, but I would advise you to run, not walk, away from them.

satellite - curiousgeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Wild Blue and now could have Hughes if need be. I noticed that the above poster spent a paragraph explaining the consequence of breaking a contract. This would happen with many modern day conviences, such as, cell phones etc.

Satellite is affected by weather. The most mine has gone has been 2 hours. I also live in the woods.

I asked, not demanded, that they put my dish on the side of the house. No problem.

I have had excellent performance for 4years without calling for service. It was my only choice. If it is yours, it sure beats dialup. I realized that many folks give their bad review of satellite and have never used it!! LOL

I just got Wild Blue service... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got Wild Blue. The service is good as long as you don't get any heavy rains.

I have the pro package, which is the top package. Has anyone ever went over their allowed data usage?

Avoid if anyway possible - Backwoods MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I did have Hughes net when nothing else was available in my area. This is absolutely the worse service I could have. I had it when I first started out in medical transcription and I had numerous turn downs on jobs because they would not hire anyone that had satellite. The first day mine was hooked up and the tech left the premises, it started not working. I called them and it took another three days for a tech to come back out and then they said something happened on the dish on the roof because of weather. I told them it was impossible. It had stopped working as soon as he left. After that, I had problems again and it took them two solid weeks to get it fixed and I ended up on the phone with corporate office. My internet stayed down more than up and yes weather did affect it tremendously. I hope you can find other options but if you have to go with it....I wish you luck and hope your experience is better than mine was.

I had Hughes Net for several years....sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
when there was nothing else available. I now have DSL through my phone company and find it is a much better alternative than satellite.

With Hughes Net, if the weather was cloudy, the service was spotty, if available at all. I also ran into a problem with usage limitations....something they do not generally let you know up front. If you go over the allotted amoutn of time based on your contract level, your service can be suspended until a certain time has passed, usually less than a day, but that did affect my ability to work.

Most companies do not accept satellite as they feel the connection is not secure enough for confidentiality purposes or for assurance that the MT would be able to meet TAT.

Just my 0.02 cents worth....

Hughesnet - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
I had Hughesnet for two weeks..I had the biggest package possible but could only use maybe 200 mb a day before it started going slower and slower..and slower..but was told I could BUY tokens to give me faster internet per day??? I now use Verizon (I live in the woods so no other options) it works great but my kids can't use the internet because it is too expensive to use once my gigs are up for the month..

Similar Messages:

Hughes Net
Oct 22, 2010

I live in TN.  Thinking about Hughes Net.  Any info will be helpful.  Now have ATT DSL. Thanks. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck With CCM On This New ASR
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone else complain and actually get a response?  this making of random headings is ridiculous..my CCM just ignores me so I go along on my own..she wont even tell me where to make complaints on this mess to...Wonder how much she gets paid and how can I complain on her..I dont mind that she may be busy but this is getting ridiculous, she darn sure wants to hear from us when she needs something..Cant stand people that are paid, far better then me to supervise me, yet dont even make an attemp ...

Anyone Have Any Luck Getting An IC Job With Transcription.net?nm
May 01, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Having Any Luck Finding A Job Right Now Or Is It
Dec 02, 2013

actually getting worse than before.  I have a lot of experience and can do ESLs very well.  ...

Good Luck
Jan 02, 2015

well our hospital is to be taken over and they will be coming to speak to us individually.  There are four hospitals in this system.  Our hospital will have no transcriptionists going with Nuance. Good luck with some of the doctors, one doctor says he needs new dentures (people have been doing him for 30 years can't understand a coherent sentence) on the bright side he does correct our work cheerfully, must be alotting more money to other things than his dentures. More work for yo ...

Just My Luck. Trying To Finish WebmedX Ap
Jul 14, 2010

All I have left is the resume part and now I can't get back to the page. I keep getting an HTTP 500 error that says Website cannot display. Just killing some time, thought I'd gripe for a minute. Thanks ...

Well Ladies And Gents, Wish Me Luck
Jan 19, 2014

I have had it with this company.  I don't have another job to go to definitely but I have decided this is my last week with this one.  I am quitting this coming week but haven't decided quite yet how to do it.  Last week I hurt so bad I couldn't walk without a cane and my neck wouldn't turn, I cried all week and was seriously thinking of suicide,  so Saturday night I just decided heck with this I'll find something I always do, and when I woke up ...

Diskwriter Good Luck!
Aug 25, 2014

I see Diskwriter has 2 job openings, straight typing ... at 5.5 cpl.  Are they kidding?  Only 5.5 cpl?  Good luck filling that one. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck Posting Their Resume
Dec 02, 2014

anywhere in pursuit of a good job?  I am mainly looking for editing after doing this 25+ years.  ...

Good Luck Test-takers!
Mar 12, 2014

Good luck to everyone who's gotten the second, third, or whatever number email and been invited to take the test.  I hope everyone comes out of it doing phenomenaly and MM has a hell of a time chosing which of you are the top 60!   Regardless of the bickering and bashing occuring on the board, please keep us all posted on how the process is going.  I for one am not entirely opposed to the program; I'm just frustrated that they weren't forthcoming with a great deal ...

Denied - Score 94. Oh Well. Good Luck
Mar 20, 2014

is finally the day I make the decision to move on from Mmodal. Good luck to all who applied. ...

Good Luck Tomorrow Morning For SA5 Area.
Jan 18, 2010

Here I change my hours 1-1/2 years ago to get my primary and secondary and now?  CESSPOOL.  I have had it!!!!!  So if we are running slow tonight, good luck tomorrow morning.  Been this way for practically the last 3 weeks, although it is getting worse!!!  ...

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone That Is Posting A Resume Having Any Luck With Finding Jobs. What
Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC. ...