A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is anyone having any luck finding a job right now or is it - PAMT

Posted: Dec 02, 2013

actually getting worse than before.  I have a lot of experience and can do ESLs very well. 

No luck here for almost 1 month. Testing but no offers. - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I know I'm doing well on the testing but don't hear back from recruiters. Used to get a job in no time flat.

Make yourself more memorable - me

[ In Reply To ..]
If they give you the chance, keep the emails to them memorable before and after you apply on line and after testing. Sometimes the email you use on testing is different from your email, so let them know that.

The only job I have been offered - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
was working night shift plus Saturdays and Sundays. I would have to work 10 pm to 6 am Thursday-Monday. I'm desperate so I took the job.

Why is that desperate? My shift, and I love it!!! - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been working that shift for MModal for over 10 years and virtually never run out of work. I have my days free to take care of anything I need to.

Are you single? That's a very difficult shift with family. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and family responsibilities. I can see what that poster meant. I can't see how days would be "free"; when do you sleep?
I tried working that shift, but always felt like - Betty
[ In Reply To ..]
I had a fog over my brain. I'm still working on it.
Single; 62 y/o; I sleep 5-9 and 5-9. nm - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Because I'm a single mom to a toddler - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and she only goes to preschool part-time and I am still trying to figure out how I am going to do this schedule.

I have 30 years in and can't find a job. Dont even get responses. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I always run out of work, so why would anybody be hiring? - Lots of experience

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone I know who is working as an MT says the same thing-- we never have enough work as it is and are always running out, so why should the companies be hiring anybody? In all my many years as an MT, it has NEVER been this slow. I think working as an MT these days is like beating a dead horse-- the "glory days" have long gone. I would get out while you can. I'm too old to do so or I would, too.

not true some of us still make good money and have work - mtr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yep two offers in the last 2 weeks - mijamigramma

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, one straight typing which I stated about 3 weeks ago (one partial paycheck and full paycheck next week) and got an offer from Siance today, which I am going to do part-time. I have over 30 years experience and hadn't worked since July, so needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when both offers happened.

The company that is straight typing is a smaller company and they have tried VR -- the docs didn't like it and so they have no plans in the foreseeable future to go back to it.

30+ years experience, here. Although I was - employed while looking, (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I was working for 4 cpl editing speech wreck for a national, which - let's face it - is not an actual "job". It took me 5 years of looking & applying to everything, including non-MT jobs, before I finally was fortunate enough to get an offer from a decent company for an hourly living wage. Unfortunately, I can't impart any secret formulas on how to do it. It was just dumb luck.

I just got a second job - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
Try TTS. I just got hired with them and they said they needed people because of all the work they have. I have a full time job with another company but needed extra money so hired on with them as an IC part time but can work more hours then signed up for if I so desire or feel like it. No typing test at all, just a written test. If you have experience, give them a shot

Update - Just got hired by GIS. - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
They are looking to staff radiology and a new acute care account. You might try them. Did some research on them and got mostly good reviews. Also, got my pay and shift I wanted and better benefits.

GIS - Rosepetal

[ In Reply To ..]
Me too until I asked about the rate. They didn't even mention anything about that after testing and phone interview answering 25 questions. It was .05 and I said No no no no no no literally. They are an Indian company.

Similar Messages:

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone That Is Posting A Resume Having Any Luck With Finding Jobs. What
Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck With CCM On This New ASR
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone else complain and actually get a response?  this making of random headings is ridiculous..my CCM just ignores me so I go along on my own..she wont even tell me where to make complaints on this mess to...Wonder how much she gets paid and how can I complain on her..I dont mind that she may be busy but this is getting ridiculous, she darn sure wants to hear from us when she needs something..Cant stand people that are paid, far better then me to supervise me, yet dont even make an attemp ...

Anyone Have Any Luck Getting An IC Job With Transcription.net?nm
May 01, 2010

x ...

Hughes Net - Any Luck?
Jan 19, 2012

Hi, does anyone have a luck with Hughes Net?  Good or bad, let me know.  I am considering moving where it is my only option.  Thanks in advance. ...

Good Luck
Jan 02, 2015

well our hospital is to be taken over and they will be coming to speak to us individually.  There are four hospitals in this system.  Our hospital will have no transcriptionists going with Nuance. Good luck with some of the doctors, one doctor says he needs new dentures (people have been doing him for 30 years can't understand a coherent sentence) on the bright side he does correct our work cheerfully, must be alotting more money to other things than his dentures. More work for yo ...

Just My Luck. Trying To Finish WebmedX Ap
Jul 14, 2010

All I have left is the resume part and now I can't get back to the page. I keep getting an HTTP 500 error that says Website cannot display. Just killing some time, thought I'd gripe for a minute. Thanks ...

Well Ladies And Gents, Wish Me Luck
Jan 19, 2014

I have had it with this company.  I don't have another job to go to definitely but I have decided this is my last week with this one.  I am quitting this coming week but haven't decided quite yet how to do it.  Last week I hurt so bad I couldn't walk without a cane and my neck wouldn't turn, I cried all week and was seriously thinking of suicide,  so Saturday night I just decided heck with this I'll find something I always do, and when I woke up ...

Diskwriter Good Luck!
Aug 25, 2014

I see Diskwriter has 2 job openings, straight typing ... at 5.5 cpl.  Are they kidding?  Only 5.5 cpl?  Good luck filling that one. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck Posting Their Resume
Dec 02, 2014

anywhere in pursuit of a good job?  I am mainly looking for editing after doing this 25+ years.  ...

Good Luck Test-takers!
Mar 12, 2014

Good luck to everyone who's gotten the second, third, or whatever number email and been invited to take the test.  I hope everyone comes out of it doing phenomenaly and MM has a hell of a time chosing which of you are the top 60!   Regardless of the bickering and bashing occuring on the board, please keep us all posted on how the process is going.  I for one am not entirely opposed to the program; I'm just frustrated that they weren't forthcoming with a great deal ...

Denied - Score 94. Oh Well. Good Luck
Mar 20, 2014

is finally the day I make the decision to move on from Mmodal. Good luck to all who applied. ...

Good Luck Tomorrow Morning For SA5 Area.
Jan 18, 2010

Here I change my hours 1-1/2 years ago to get my primary and secondary and now?  CESSPOOL.  I have had it!!!!!  So if we are running slow tonight, good luck tomorrow morning.  Been this way for practically the last 3 weeks, although it is getting worse!!!  ...

Ekg Finding
Nov 22, 2009

EkG shows subacute S/L semi versus pericarditis. ...

Help Finding Gel Name
Apr 25, 2010

This is for a 7-yo with a chin laceration. Wound was anesthetized with s/l "lead" gel. Or could be bled gel, black gel-not clear at all.   Can anyone help here? ...

Finding A Job
Aug 11, 2010

I am getting ready to graduate from Penn Foster in the Medical Transcription program. I was real exited about this at first, but I am hearing that it is not easy to find a job. Does anyone know of a transcription company that hires newbies?                                                                      Jenny ...

Finding Own Clients PLEASE HELP
Oct 21, 2009

Hi Everyone, Right now the company I work for hardly has any work.  I am thinking about sending out a letter to local clinics and also maybe putting out an ad on craigslist for transcription work.  Have you tried this?  I have questions:   What things do I have to consider? How do I charge people (I know I can do line count in INstantText and figure out line count and cost)-is 10 CPL a good place to start?  Are there other costs I need to factor in?  How about tax ...

Finding PA/PAC Names!
Oct 28, 2009

For those "low-talkers" who won't spell the PA/PACs name, combined with my endless list of names, does anyone know the easiest way to just do a generic search for all of them? It's exhausting! Thanks, y'all! ...

Finding Another Job Vent
Oct 31, 2009

I need to find a new job.  The company I'm working for is replacing med transcriptionists with voice recognition and electronic health records.  This is not the first time this has happened either, . . it happened at another hospital I worked for.  The company's response was "you can go work for the service."  Yeah, right, at half the pay.  After working at a good in-house hospital job for nine years, I realize how home MTs are so mistreated.  And, ...

Still Having Trouble Finding This
Jan 30, 2010

I have asked this before and got an answer but do not see what was suggested I would be able to see.  After I have requested a day off in schedule source, if I go into the "days off" page, where is the approval?  I see a yellow box that says "request" but do not see anything about the answer to the request.  I also checked my calendar - is there something on the calendar about it?  Last time I made a request I found out at the last minute I did indeed have it off, but had not ...

New MT Finding Position
Jul 01, 2010

I am a current student at the MSU of Technology.  I am currently looking for a position in Medical Transcription or Medical Billing.  I am very fustrated.  PLEASE HELP!! ...

Finding Experience
Sep 20, 2010

Why is it so difficult to find a job in the MT field?  There are many more quality jobs for MT's that have 2+ years of experience.  Can I use my schooling as experience? How do I find a job as a graduate with an Associate Degree?   SB ...

Need Help Finding Pay Schedule Please
Oct 05, 2010

I lost pay schedule for the year in the e-mail purge. Can someone please help me? ...

Finding A Position?
Jan 18, 2011

I graduated from a medical transcription course last April.  I still haven't found a position. I have tried everything!  I have sent out resumes, flyers, letters to Dr. offices. I have applied at several of the companies online, and everyone wants experienced MT's, taking a course isn't enough!  Any ideas?  ...

Finding A Job For A Newbie...
Apr 22, 2011

Hi, Does anyone have advice for a "newbie" transcriptionist finding work?  It seems all the job ads want minimum 2 years experience.  I've just completed a medical transcription course and would appreciate any advise on finding work.  Thanks! Happy Easter!   ...

Finding A Job As A New Coder
Sep 30, 2011

I am an MT considering going to school for coding.  I have been reading the message boards of the coding professional organization and found it to be full of comments from new certified coders who can't find jobs without experience, and some have been looking for over a year.  I am leaving the MT field after only 6 years due to salaries going into the tank with SR.  I think coding would be a good fit for me, but hate to spend thousands of dollars and a year of school time on ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...

Laparoscopy Finding
Jan 18, 2012

Dictated:  She underwent an uneventful laparoscopic right hemicolectomy for a right colon cancer.  Laparoscopy failed to reveal any signs of carcinomatosis or liver s/l studying or stutting.   Thanks for looking and for any help. ...

Knee MRI Finding
Feb 02, 2012

Dictated:  MRI reported as positive for minimal s/l truckation (truh-KAY-shun) of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus, possibly secondary to prior injury.  No displaced meniscal fragment was identified. I was thinking "truncation" (shortening), but does that fit in context?  I have not heard with regard to menisci before. Thanks for any help. ...

Laboratory Finding
Oct 21, 2012

Doctor is dictating "Assessment and Plan" findings. She is dictating about Restless Legs.  She dictates "Looking at his last labs, his  (sounds like Endo sees) were low. " Not sure what "Endosees" or "Indosees" or it even could be "NDCs are low." I am not sure what she is dictating. I cannot locate anything close to that. Wondering if it has anything to do the patient's iron level.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...