A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Posting resume on MTStars - best place to post? - Pollyanna

Posted: Apr 07, 2014

I just wondered if posting a resume on this site is also letting Nuance know you're looking elsewhere.  It seems this would be shooting yourself in the foot.  Where's the best place to post a resume these days?

I personally don't post mine. Too much information - to put out in cyberspace. Instead, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I only send it to companies where I'm actually applying for jobs.

applications - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been avoiding applying to another transcription company as I really hate the industry but having no luck elsewhere. I'd be thrilled to never deal with this line of work anymore. Unfortunately at my age finding a new career is next to impossible.

Do you really think they - would care?

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you could have a lot of reasons for looking for a new job, and I am sure they know why many do.

With their policies of drastically cutting our pay and demeaning our professional integrity, what the heck do they expect?

You actually have to wonder if it is even their goal to get us to quit, it is certainly not their goal to have successful, prosperous, confident happy employees.

Companies pay for access to the list - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can bet that Nuance has access to the resume bank. Why shouldn't they?

I saw your posts above about receiving an email from your mgmt through here. It's obvious you're not understanding what is happening.

Your email address is never exposed but you've given enough information about yourself plus posting your resume that lets them know who you are. And then you use the same moniker.

But the bigger question in my mind is why you think it is okay for YOU to have an anonymous stature but not them? LOL

That's funny.

Similar Messages:

Posting Resume On MTStars - Need To Update?
Jun 25, 2011

This is the first time I've posted my resume, and I have a a couple of questions.  Is it important and/or necessary to re-post the same resume every so often?  Won't the employers basically just look at the first few resumes and not look further down the pages for others?  Thanks for your input.  ...

MTStars Posting Problems
Jun 28, 2012

It is getting so frustrating to post. First of all it only works in plain text, not rich text. Then it's a nightmare to move around the document. Using the arrow keys highlights what it feels like highlighting, then you have to wait several seconds for the cursor to move, when it does move. To move the cursor back, every click highlights something else instead of moving the cursor. It just took 12 seconds for my arrow key to finally change the cursor position. Is it just me or does ever ...

Posting Your Resume On This Board
Feb 18, 2010

I was wondering if anyone on this board has posted a resume on this board and their employer saw it.  I want to post my resume, but I do not want to feel the rath of my employer if they found out or saw it listed on this board.  I need my job right now,but I also need to feed my family, and no longer wish to be the MT who is understanding and sitting at the computer all day. So, I guess what I am asking is can I post my resume and leave my name off it somehow? Has anyone posted their ...

Does Posting A Resume On This Site Help? Nam TIA
Mar 06, 2014

Xx ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck Posting Their Resume
Dec 02, 2014

anywhere in pursuit of a good job?  I am mainly looking for editing after doing this 25+ years.  ...

Resume Bank Job Offers From Posting?
Jul 25, 2012

Has anyone had any job offers from posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Is Anyone That Is Posting A Resume Having Any Luck With Finding Jobs. What
Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC. ...

Anybody Ever Got A Response From Posting On The Resume Bank Board?
Dec 19, 2014

d ...

I Hope I Am Posting This In The Correct Place
May 26, 2011

I am currently cleaning out/tweaking my expander (Instant Text).  I am wondering if any of you would give advise on how to handle some expansions, such as his/her in phrases, since the letter would be "h" for both, things along this line.  Also, if you use templates, but there are certain sections within the template where the dictator switches things up a little, do you find it more efficient to just use the template and back over or add information, or just have an expansio ...

Looking For Past Post Re: Resume Tips
Jul 08, 2011

A few months ago someone posted tips for a great-looking, compact, not-too-busy resume.  Links to samples were included.  I Favorited the links and even the actual post but lost all my bookmarks when I had to uninstall and reinstall my browser.   I have tried the Search function here but am not finding the specific post.   Does anyone have those links, samples, or post they can share?   Original poster, are you out there?   I would very much appreciate a re-post ...

Does Anyone On Here Ever Hear From Any Companies After You Post Your Resume Or
Jul 10, 2013

doesnt that happen anymore. ...

A Place To Post; SO COOL!
Nov 14, 2010

I'm giddy!  Finally found a medical transcription site worth exploring!  Was recently TERMINATED (not laid off) after 24 years and have found mere handful of web sites legitimate, much less helpful as this one is!  Now just hope the home office job I applied for wants me! ...

Just Curious And This Is A Safe Place To Post. How Many OTI
Jan 24, 2011

d ...

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Thank You MTStars
Nov 18, 2012

If it wasn't for this board, I'd think it was just me. ...

Thanks To MTStars!
Nov 03, 2014

I am so grateful to have this site to come to when the system goes down.  Thanks to all my fellow MTs (especially the one that suggested alt/cnt/delete), I was able to get out, log back in, and recover my long report.  Yay! ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

I Don't Like The New Format Of MTStars
Oct 12, 2009

I posted about an hour ago under Gab Board.  It is not there, and it was.  Strange!!!! ...

Is Anyone Still Getting MTStars Alerts?
Nov 06, 2009

Anyone still getting MTStars Alerts?  I tried searching for information to see if Admin posted something about if and/or when that feature would be available, but could not find anything.  Anyone know if it is still available, do we have to sign up again, and if so, where to sign up again?  I liked getting notifed when there were posting about certain MTSOs and other info, so I did not have to read every post on every board, every day. Not that it was not a thrill, I ju ...

Re: MTStars Flashcounter
Jun 21, 2010

I have to reinstall the MTStars Flashcounter program, but I am not able to do it. I get a dialog box "Setup Initialization Error" that states "Setup has encountered an error in Registration Database". Does anybody know what this means? I have never had a problem reinstalling the program before. I do get a shortcut icon on my desktop PC that says "Demo has expired"..what does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. Is there any other software that I can get online just in case I can't get ...

Is Anyone Else Having Problems With MTStars Being
Oct 27, 2010

in the late evening/early morning hours?  All other sites on my computer are fine and as fast as usual.  I have noticed this over the last couple of days.  It takes so long to respond that I eventually just give up. ...

Trouble With MTStars?
Jun 28, 2012

Anyone else having trouble with the pages loading extremely slow this past week? I mean SLOW?? I thought it might be a glitch somewhere in the website, but it's still not resolved. I'm missing all my browsing. Anyone else having trouble too? Just curious if it is the website or something on my end. All other sites work fine. Thanks! ...

MTStars Is AWESOME
Jul 04, 2012

x ...

Cannot Use Search Anywhere On MTSTARS
Aug 17, 2012

I am trying to do a search on MTSTARS, but when I hit the search button, I get a message there is "error on page" and nothing shows on the page -- totally blank.  I tried hitting the search button on other categories, and that also does not work.  Can anyone help me?  So that I can use the "search" button on MT Stars? ...

What Will MTStars Be Like In Say Five Years?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm thinking it will be a tiny fraction of the size because most of us will have left this "career." It really is sad to see what off-shoring and horrible VR have done. ...

Help With MTStars FlashCount
May 31, 2015

I realize that this is no longer being supported but was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.  I have Windows 8 and Office 2003 and so far this program is the only one that is even working for me to get a line count (tried most of those found when searching in Google).  It worked for me the first few times but now I am only able to say it in a .txt file which at least populates everything into a list but doesn't add it up so I have to do that by hand.  When I try to ...