A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

good luck - pain tme sick

Posted: Jan 02, 2015

well our hospital is to be taken over and they will be coming to speak to us individually.  There are four hospitals in this system.  Our hospital will have no transcriptionists going with Nuance. Good luck with some of the doctors, one doctor says he needs new dentures (people have been doing him for 30 years can't understand a coherent sentence) on the bright side he does correct our work cheerfully, must be alotting more money to other things than his dentures. More work for you. Pretty much 80 transcriptionist with few going with Nuance.  Watch for wrong medical record numbers , wrong hospitals numbers, doctors that use he/she interchangeably, parties behind the doctor dictating, windshield wipersk "I'll have a #1 with diet coke" dictating in car. QA will have a field day. I retired December  31st, never to see a medical report again.Smile

work is work - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
More work is more work, which is okay with me. Bad dictators, wrong medical record numbers, mumblers, whisperers, speed-of-light talkers: Nothing we haven't done before.

Good luck in retirement.

We, on production, get to polish it all off and send it to India. - So, it will not be around very long.

[ In Reply To ..]
So, enjoy all those missing account numbers and dentureless doctors while you can!

Congratulations on your retirement! - Retiring soon, too

[ In Reply To ..]
Enjoy.

How are these different than any other dictators? - I assure you, it is not isolated to your

[ In Reply To ..]
facility and we've been putting up with this for years on end but from multiple facilities and dictators every day. Good luck on your retirment.

What state is that in? I think I'm in the same boat as you. Kansas? nm - SIck

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

state I'm in - paint me sick

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in Western New York, Buffalo to be exact.

You appear to think your group is the last and end of the - great transcriptionst species. We put

[ In Reply To ..]
up with what you describe 24/7 and have for years and that would include a heck of a lot more than 1 facility with 4 campuses.

at this time - all done

[ In Reply To ..]
we all are the end of the great transcriptionists, pretty soon Nuance will be too when the doctors start editing their own work. Our radiology doctors are doing it and have been for years, and all progress notes are dictated directly into the electronic chart and edited by the doctor. Don't have one facility with four campuses. Four separate hospitals systems with two of them having four hospitals each, another one is a trauma center for the region and another a nationally recognized cancer institute. Right now we are in the process of revamping the area into a medical corridor like Cleveland Clinic. Many, many changes in medicine. One thing we all have in common is that our jobs will be gone. Yes it is easier to put up with things when you know your way around your hospitals, but when you are handed something new every day it is harder to find your way around and correct things. Doctor's editing is coming.. when and where and how soon is anybody's guess.

Doctor's editing is and has already been here. Nuance - pushes their front end speech

[ In Reply To ..]
software in a huge way and accts are being lost to it. It's all just a matter of time at this point.

What you describe is no different than any other - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
hospital or account I've worked on for the past 25 years. Nothing new whatsoever.

Similar Messages:

Diskwriter Good Luck!
Aug 25, 2014

I see Diskwriter has 2 job openings, straight typing ... at 5.5 cpl.  Are they kidding?  Only 5.5 cpl?  Good luck filling that one. ...

Good Luck Test-takers!
Mar 12, 2014

Good luck to everyone who's gotten the second, third, or whatever number email and been invited to take the test.  I hope everyone comes out of it doing phenomenaly and MM has a hell of a time chosing which of you are the top 60!   Regardless of the bickering and bashing occuring on the board, please keep us all posted on how the process is going.  I for one am not entirely opposed to the program; I'm just frustrated that they weren't forthcoming with a great deal ...

Denied - Score 94. Oh Well. Good Luck
Mar 20, 2014

is finally the day I make the decision to move on from Mmodal. Good luck to all who applied. ...

Good Luck Tomorrow Morning For SA5 Area.
Jan 18, 2010

Here I change my hours 1-1/2 years ago to get my primary and secondary and now?  CESSPOOL.  I have had it!!!!!  So if we are running slow tonight, good luck tomorrow morning.  Been this way for practically the last 3 weeks, although it is getting worse!!!  ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck With CCM On This New ASR
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone else complain and actually get a response?  this making of random headings is ridiculous..my CCM just ignores me so I go along on my own..she wont even tell me where to make complaints on this mess to...Wonder how much she gets paid and how can I complain on her..I dont mind that she may be busy but this is getting ridiculous, she darn sure wants to hear from us when she needs something..Cant stand people that are paid, far better then me to supervise me, yet dont even make an attemp ...

Anyone Have Any Luck Getting An IC Job With Transcription.net?nm
May 01, 2010

x ...

Hughes Net - Any Luck?
Jan 19, 2012

Hi, does anyone have a luck with Hughes Net?  Good or bad, let me know.  I am considering moving where it is my only option.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is Anyone Having Any Luck Finding A Job Right Now Or Is It
Dec 02, 2013

actually getting worse than before.  I have a lot of experience and can do ESLs very well.  ...

Just My Luck. Trying To Finish WebmedX Ap
Jul 14, 2010

All I have left is the resume part and now I can't get back to the page. I keep getting an HTTP 500 error that says Website cannot display. Just killing some time, thought I'd gripe for a minute. Thanks ...

Well Ladies And Gents, Wish Me Luck
Jan 19, 2014

I have had it with this company.  I don't have another job to go to definitely but I have decided this is my last week with this one.  I am quitting this coming week but haven't decided quite yet how to do it.  Last week I hurt so bad I couldn't walk without a cane and my neck wouldn't turn, I cried all week and was seriously thinking of suicide,  so Saturday night I just decided heck with this I'll find something I always do, and when I woke up ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck Posting Their Resume
Dec 02, 2014

anywhere in pursuit of a good job?  I am mainly looking for editing after doing this 25+ years.  ...

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone That Is Posting A Resume Having Any Luck With Finding Jobs. What
Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

Good Bye MT
Nov 02, 2009

I so look forward to these last 5 years going by fast:  Going back to college to get a  degree and walking away from MT never looking back.  If it wasnt for paying for my schooling, I'd be out of this by now.  If things get too bad I'd consider cutting lunch meat, stocking shelves at the neighborhood grocery store, whatever.  The only up side to my 10+ years of doing MT work has been able to stay home for my kids and making pocket change.&nb ...

Is This Good Pay Or Bad Pay???
Nov 11, 2009

.50 to .75 a page for legal for corporate: .40 to 1.00 per minute 0.0030 or 0.0040 per word.   I am so confused on whether this is good pay or not...help!     Thank you ...

Is This Good New Or Not?
Feb 17, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/15/daily9.html DO YOU THINK BELOW ARTICLE MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH SOME OF US MT'S SENDING IN EMAILS TO THAT ONE POST MENTIONED A WEEK AGO TO A REPORTER?  A Massachusetts company says proposed procedures for selling the assets of bankrupt Spheris Inc. are unfair and discourage others from bidding on the Franklin-based medical transcription company. Nuance Communications Inc., a maker of speech recognition software, fi ...

Who Is MQ ASR Good For?
Jul 01, 2010

Makes no difference that I know of to the dictator.  Doesn't save him or her any money. Probably a negative for the patient, as I sincerely believe there is a bigger chance of their medical record being less than accurate. Sure is not a plus for us MT/ME's, except those extremely few who seem to have the right account, I would venture a guess of about 5% of us.  The only positive I see is to the client.  They are getting lied to, that if they go with ASR, it is such a g ...

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Good
Apr 03, 2010

I have a trial version now, and I need it in 5 days.  Is it better to download from a website or get the "hard copy" and install?  I don't have a lot of money to spend. ...

GOOD BYE ALL!!!!!
Jun 23, 2011

IM   D O N E  with all this at mtstars !!!! ...

I Can't Be THAT Good!
Oct 13, 2010

Y'all are freaking me out!  All this talk about PM and being watched when uploading or downloading a job, etc. etc. etc.  I am only a lowly second-tier MT.  I have been corrected a lot and it's all valid -- or an opinion based correction.  All my corrections have fallen in the minor minor category, but the way y'all talk you'd think I'd be let go by now.  OMG people!  Our QA person just transferred to some other department, and I suspect all ...

Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Say
Mar 19, 2011

At least they bothered to get back to me.   ...

Trying To Be A Good MME
Jun 11, 2011

I have been an MT for 8 years before moving up to the MME position recently.  I told myself that I would never nitpick as I experienced in the past.  I still hold true to that.  We are to only fill in the blanks unless we note an obvious error, then its full QA, except we get paid the fill-in-the-blank line rate rather than 100% QA line rate (3 cpl rather than 4).  However, if we fill in the blank and NOT catch an error that is caught on the MTs audit, we get clobbered ( ...

So Far So Good...
Sep 22, 2011

So I'm the new employee that posted a week or so ago. So far things are going good. Still in training so we will see. I do love the software and since I'm new, ASR is really the only thing I know, so I enjoy it. By the way the comedy stop section is histerical...it's a great way to end the week:) ...

Good-bye.
Dec 02, 2011

The obvious but the only thing that comes to mind now. ...

Something Good...
Dec 14, 2011

awhile back, i had posted about how MQ had taken over the company that i worked for and cut our pay in half...well, i am very happy to say that today, they they reinstated to almost what we were making, and are making it retroactive... ...