A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone had any luck posting their resume - job has been outsourced

Posted: Dec 02, 2014

anywhere in pursuit of a good job?  I am mainly looking for editing after doing this 25+ years. 

Outsourced - SusanS

[ In Reply To ..]
We also were notified last week that our jobs will be eliminated due to outsourcing. I have not seen positive comments here about taking job with the outsource company. Any advice? 30+ years experience, 36 years with hospital. :-(

Stay with the hospital if at all possible. sm - DisillusionedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if you have to take a pay decrease, you'll still keep your hospital benefits. And you'll probably still make more than going with the outsource company.

stay at the hospital FOR SURE - hang10

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have to support yourself? That would be of prime importance. (I don't have to, but many do.) Our hospital MT dept was outsourced a few years ago. I had over 20 years of experience. Knowing what I know now, I absolutely should have tried to stay at the hospital! But I wanted to keep doing MT, so applied to an MTSO that was supposed to be fairly good and was hired. I had been paid per hour at the hospital, but now would be paid per line, and I didn't realize that would result in a 25% pay drop, plus the first 3 months were extremely stressful, trying to learn both a new typing platform and a brand new hospital account, and working at home wasn't what it was cracked up to be. I stuck it out, but am sorry I did. Not long after, my company was acquired by a bigger company, and things got worse. Pay dropped even more, so now I make half of what I made at the hospital, and the benefits are very poor. I think pay has been dropping in general, across the board -- there is a lot of work going to India and I think that affects our wages here. Everything is about cost-cutting and competition. I haven't tried to change MT employers because I don't see the point -- there are too many variables involved, everything is too unpredictable. From what I've read here, things can change drastically over a short time. Some companies seem well run, some poorly. Some companies care about their employees, some don't. Management changes, policies change, your accounts come and go, companies change hands. Some MTs get good accounts and good dictators, some get terrible accounts and terrible dictators. You just never know. When I leave, I'll be changing careers completely. I'd go a step further and advise you to think about changing careers, if that's possible. It would be a really smart move.

Stay with the hospital and ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Stay with the hospital in any job you can get, regardless of the pay. You will do better in the long run. Don't just ho-hum kind of apply for jobs, either. Work at it and see if you can get assistance with placement. The income and working situation your facility will have been promised by the MTSO are false.

Also, you need to retrain in another career if you have 5 to 10 more years left to retirement. Consider coding, which you can do in 6 months to a year through a school like Andrews, if you are highly motivated. That would prepare you for hospital coding. Do it now; do not wait until your savings are depleted. See if your hospital will place you in coding or HIM. If they will not, immediately start looking for other hospitals.

outsourced - Effie

[ In Reply To ..]
We are going to be outsourced at my hospital too though we apparently have a few more months of work before it happens. The sad thing here is watching "coworkers/friends" stabbing each other in the back all hoping to be the lucky ones kept on at the hospital after the switch...

I've posted mine twice in the past...sm - MT_RN

[ In Reply To ..]
and both times I've been fortunate enough to be offered great positions with a small MTSO. Once was about 4 years ago and the most recent was about a year ago. I was actually offered two positions a year ago and I still work part time for both of these people. It can't hurt to post!

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone That Is Posting A Resume Having Any Luck With Finding Jobs. What
Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC. ...

Posting Your Resume On This Board
Feb 18, 2010

I was wondering if anyone on this board has posted a resume on this board and their employer saw it.  I want to post my resume, but I do not want to feel the rath of my employer if they found out or saw it listed on this board.  I need my job right now,but I also need to feed my family, and no longer wish to be the MT who is understanding and sitting at the computer all day. So, I guess what I am asking is can I post my resume and leave my name off it somehow? Has anyone posted their ...

Does Posting A Resume On This Site Help? Nam TIA
Mar 06, 2014

Xx ...

Posting Resume On MTStars - Need To Update?
Jun 25, 2011

This is the first time I've posted my resume, and I have a a couple of questions.  Is it important and/or necessary to re-post the same resume every so often?  Won't the employers basically just look at the first few resumes and not look further down the pages for others?  Thanks for your input.  ...

Resume Bank Job Offers From Posting?
Jul 25, 2012

Has anyone had any job offers from posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Posting Resume On MTStars - Best Place To Post?
Apr 07, 2014

I just wondered if posting a resume on this site is also letting Nuance know you're looking elsewhere.  It seems this would be shooting yourself in the foot.  Where's the best place to post a resume these days? ...

Anybody Ever Got A Response From Posting On The Resume Bank Board?
Dec 19, 2014

d ...

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck With CCM On This New ASR
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone else complain and actually get a response?  this making of random headings is ridiculous..my CCM just ignores me so I go along on my own..she wont even tell me where to make complaints on this mess to...Wonder how much she gets paid and how can I complain on her..I dont mind that she may be busy but this is getting ridiculous, she darn sure wants to hear from us when she needs something..Cant stand people that are paid, far better then me to supervise me, yet dont even make an attemp ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Anyone Have Any Luck Getting An IC Job With Transcription.net?nm
May 01, 2010

x ...

Hughes Net - Any Luck?
Jan 19, 2012

Hi, does anyone have a luck with Hughes Net?  Good or bad, let me know.  I am considering moving where it is my only option.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is Anyone Having Any Luck Finding A Job Right Now Or Is It
Dec 02, 2013

actually getting worse than before.  I have a lot of experience and can do ESLs very well.  ...

Good Luck
Jan 02, 2015

well our hospital is to be taken over and they will be coming to speak to us individually.  There are four hospitals in this system.  Our hospital will have no transcriptionists going with Nuance. Good luck with some of the doctors, one doctor says he needs new dentures (people have been doing him for 30 years can't understand a coherent sentence) on the bright side he does correct our work cheerfully, must be alotting more money to other things than his dentures. More work for yo ...

Just My Luck. Trying To Finish WebmedX Ap
Jul 14, 2010

All I have left is the resume part and now I can't get back to the page. I keep getting an HTTP 500 error that says Website cannot display. Just killing some time, thought I'd gripe for a minute. Thanks ...

Well Ladies And Gents, Wish Me Luck
Jan 19, 2014

I have had it with this company.  I don't have another job to go to definitely but I have decided this is my last week with this one.  I am quitting this coming week but haven't decided quite yet how to do it.  Last week I hurt so bad I couldn't walk without a cane and my neck wouldn't turn, I cried all week and was seriously thinking of suicide,  so Saturday night I just decided heck with this I'll find something I always do, and when I woke up ...

Diskwriter Good Luck!
Aug 25, 2014

I see Diskwriter has 2 job openings, straight typing ... at 5.5 cpl.  Are they kidding?  Only 5.5 cpl?  Good luck filling that one. ...

Good Luck Test-takers!
Mar 12, 2014

Good luck to everyone who's gotten the second, third, or whatever number email and been invited to take the test.  I hope everyone comes out of it doing phenomenaly and MM has a hell of a time chosing which of you are the top 60!   Regardless of the bickering and bashing occuring on the board, please keep us all posted on how the process is going.  I for one am not entirely opposed to the program; I'm just frustrated that they weren't forthcoming with a great deal ...

Denied - Score 94. Oh Well. Good Luck
Mar 20, 2014

is finally the day I make the decision to move on from Mmodal. Good luck to all who applied. ...

Good Luck Tomorrow Morning For SA5 Area.
Jan 18, 2010

Here I change my hours 1-1/2 years ago to get my primary and secondary and now?  CESSPOOL.  I have had it!!!!!  So if we are running slow tonight, good luck tomorrow morning.  Been this way for practically the last 3 weeks, although it is getting worse!!!  ...

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

How To Resume?
Sep 07, 2010

Haven't written a resume in years. How do you write one if you have been at the same place for 11 years?  Isn't that as far back as they are looking for?  Appreciate tips. ...

Help With Resume
Mar 31, 2011

I am trying to get back out there but I need help with my resume which I absolutely hate doing.  Could someone please email me some suggestions.  I would like to try and get back into an office setting doing anything!  ...

I Am In Need Of Help With My Resume
Jun 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Transcriptionists: I am in need of a career counsler who specializes in resumes. I live in Chevy Chase, Maryland, which is outside of Washington, D.C. and I need someone to help me with my current resume so that it is current. I know that there must be a company who can help me who does not live in the D.C. area who can help me telecommuting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you. Fondly, Suzie ...

OK ... I Did It, Just Sent My Resume
Mar 11, 2014

I read every line to all of the posts here for the last 24 hours, slept on the decision and thought a lot about it this morning.  Even in putting my resume together my hands were shaking ... not sure if it's the right decision or not.  But I'm trusting, trusting, trusting.  I feel like I've weighed every option and taken every scenario under consideration and my final decision is, I HAVE to make a move.  The days of transcription with this company are extremel ...

Just Sent Resume To
Mar 28, 2014

ad on mtdy, first ad on page (QMedET Solutions). does anyone have any info on them or are currently working for them? any info would be appreciated. tnx. ...

Question Regarding Resume
Nov 19, 2009

I have a question and maybe someone out there knows the answer.  I have a resume which I created on Word.  I would generally send it as an attachment to an e-mail; however, I'm finding that recruiters for some reason are requesting the resume be pasted into the e.mail.  If I do that, I lose my formatting on the resume and the text gets all messed up. Does anyone know of a solution?  I feel really dumb! Thanks!   ...

I Posted My Resume.......
Sep 29, 2010

.......and I keep getting emails asking what my specialties are. I posted all that and it's also in my resume. Makes me wonder if anyone actually reads a resume. ...

Resume On MT Stars
Apr 30, 2011

I put my resume on here and in the job wanted board.  I was wondering as more people put their resumes on and yours gets older and further down the list do you still get companies contacting you or should you put a new one on to move it back up the list.  I only put my resume on 2 days ago and got 3 contacts.  No bad MT Stars.  ...