A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TT and work or lack thereof... - sm

Posted: Mar 25, 2010

If you are short lines/hours at TT, do you make up the time?  I find myself working 7 days a week there now and I am not able to log on at night when they send out emails that there is work now and we need to log on to make up the time.  I am worried they will cut me down to part-time, even though I am now making part-time pay but work full-time, or they might not give me health insurance.  I can't sit here every day for 16 hours!

TT - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG they are hiring!

Sigh - They are hiring for HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY MTs - TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Gosh, read the ad. They need MTs that specialize in Hematology/Oncology/eScription for ONE PARTICULAR ACCOUNT.

It's not as if they are overstaffing all accounts and robbing other MTs on other accounts of work. I work on the account for which they are hiring.

If you are extremely current and proficient in Hem/Onc, then ask your manager about transferring to the account for which they are hiring instead of generalizing and jumping the gun due to your apparent lack of comprehension about the account for which they are hiring.

Geez...

You must have missed - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
the acute care ad
Call me crazy, but if I were an MTSO I would - MT4Eight
[ In Reply To ..]
make sure my current staff had enough to do before I kept on hiring people. I think TT needs to start at the bottom and lay off some MT's as opposed to hiring new ones. It just makes me so angry. I've sat here all week and probably last week with nothing to do and yet they continue to hire. I'm so over this MT profession, it's unreal how we, as educated professional women (and men) are treated. Just my opinion.
second that opinion - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
Absolutely, I second your opinion.

Ask for another account - E-mail today requesting help on a massive backlog

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You can ask, but that doesn't mean you'll get it - cc

[ In Reply To ..]
They might not have "time" to train you. Also if the account I'm thinking of is the one with the backlog (starts with an S), it's horrific.

Similar Messages:

VR Quality....or Lack Thereof (sm)
Dec 17, 2009

I have no problem with new technology.  I am often the first to buy a new electronic device or gadget. I was the first person in my little circle to get an iPhone, Slingbox, Wii and even a Magic Jack.  I bought all these devices with the knowledge that there would be bugs, installation problems and usage nuances, not to mention a learning curve of some sort on my part.  The transcription industry across the board has rushed to embrace VR technology with what seems like very little ...

Check The Foot Pedal Settings Or Lack Thereof On The Escription Platform?
Apr 04, 2012

I forget this, I know it is easy, but how do you check the foot pedal settings or lack thereof on the escription platform? Thanks for your help. ...

Work Or Lack Of
Jul 22, 2010

Is work extremely slow for everyone? I've never seen it this bad. ...

Lack Of Work.
Aug 01, 2011

Is anyone else at MxSecure slow right now?  I have a scheduled work time like everyone else but am having to work horrible hours to get my line count in.  ...

Lack Of Work
Jul 06, 2012

Has anyone noticed less work in your queues lately? Has anyone had a hard time getting in to a new transcription company? I have 12 years experience, and had an easier time finding a job as a newbie than I do now. Think maybe this has anything to do with the cheap labor from India that is replacing American workers? I'm thinking about finishing my coding classes, but they give American jobs to India also. What does it take to earn a living in America now? ...

Lack Of Funds
Jan 17, 2013

Need to go to doctor but cannot afford to with consistent lack of work.  Hoping things pick up so that I can go and get my prescriptions refilled.  Made too much money last year to benefit from community medical care.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place. ...

Partial Lack?
Jul 24, 2013

doctor dictates what s/l : Likely left thumb EPL partial lack, does that sound right? ...

Lack Of Planning
Dec 12, 2013

You know that saying - A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine? Perfect picture of the North region this week. Apparently we were supposed to be upgraded to the newest version of Fluency except that due to the spectacular communication in the company no one received that information, including installation instructions and now there is a scramble to get everyone upgraded. Do I have all the tools to do my job? No. ...

Lack Of Work At Webmedx
Aug 01, 2010

So, for weeks, probably months now I sign on faithfully early morning for my shift and every, single day....no work on my primary, secondary, and sometimes even my third account.  It would last perhaps a few hours.  Now, lasting almost the entire day.  What in the world is going on with this company?  Told work is being held for in-house employees in one breath, but in the other oh new account started you will have work soon.  Ok, that was last month.  So I am finan ...

Let Go From Acusis For Lack Of Work
Jan 13, 2011

I worked part time for Acusis.  I always got in my lines every day. Was let go because I was told they needed to preserve the work for full-time employees.  I was there for 2 years (1-1/2 years as full time).  I really hope the work picks up for those staying on. ...

No Wonder We Suffer From Lack Of Self-esteem...
Jan 22, 2011

Has anyone ever noticed that if you make an error while entering a date in a mandatory field in the demographics, the error message that comes up starts off with "YOU FAILED!!!"??? Don't you just love the positive, uplifting attitude of our company towards its workers?  No wonder they didn't make the "Best 100 companies to work for" list yet again... ...

Lack Of Professional Etiquette
Mar 22, 2011

Has professional business etiquette really slipped so far?  I can't tell you how many times I have applied to a posting for a job on here or have emailed my supervisor/authority figure at work and never even received an email back acknowledging my email was received. How hard is it to say....Thank you for your concerns. I know that we need to discuss them, and I will get in contact with you shortly to do so.  OR  Thanks for applying to the position or thanks for sending your ...

Low Work And Lack Of Communication From Above
May 13, 2011

As an MT who has recently had a pay cut (or "new pay structure") and has consequently upped my game in terms of trying to get more lph, now I find there just seems to be not enough work to even get the 8 hours a day in. As per usual, when this happens I check on here and many other MTs have the same situation, are even more bitter when they see their company is hiring, etc. I am just wondering why we never seem to be offered any explanation from the higherups, or even a guess as to why this is. ...

FutureNet Job Ad & Lack Of Work
Sep 21, 2011

I just don't get FN's logic.  The latest ad is looking for VR editors from Friday through Monday afternoon and night shift.  The work statistics show minimal to NO work on all accounts over the weekend.  The weekends are the slowest times for all work.  Everyone must work a shift on a weekend day.  Most weekends, you would be lucky to get enough work to finish your shift.  Yes, they send e-mails begging for help when there are 5 reports to be done in an a ...

Lack Of Important Communication
Oct 22, 2013

There really needs to be a change in the level of meaningful communication.  A couple of weeks ago all of a sudden, there were no status updates.  It went from 2 a day even on the weekends to nothing for a week.  When I finally got one, the supervisor explained they were trying to determine how the work flowed without the status updates.  If I was a supervisor, that would scare me because it sounds like they are looking at ways of having less management personnel.  But, ...

Keystrokes Lack Of Work
Apr 12, 2014

Anyone out there work currently for Keystrokes 2014 in the Chicago, IL area? I am experiencing a drastic slowdown in work available and wondering if it is the hospital or if Keystrokes is singling me out. I am not sure I trust what they have to say about things, seems a bit scripted to me, but I want to trust them as the work is good and interesting. ...

What A Concept -- Lay-offs Due To Lack Of Work
Feb 12, 2010

Earlier this week, my employer was forced to lay off MTs.  What a concept -- only keeping enough employees for the amount of work coming in.  I have worked for other less considerate employers who don't care whether or not we have to sit and wait and scrape and beg for work, (MQ, FN), and this really blows my mind.  They actually want to take care of us so that we have enough work.  Yes, it is unfortunate for those who were laid off, but only keeping the best of the best ...

Looking For Advice On Completion Of Schooling Or Lack There Of...
Nov 08, 2010

Here is the situation.  I am currently going through an MT course, I am in the Beginning MT practicum and then I have Intermediate MT practicum to complete.  When I originally signed up for the course, I signed up for the "complete course" (Intermediate was the final module) in order to receive my certification of completion.  I have recently found out, quite by accident, that my school has now added 2 additional modules to complete the course for an additional charge of ...

Alpha Transcription Dot Com Pay Or Lack Of Today!
Apr 05, 2012

Hello fellow Alpha Transcriptionists.  Did you feel the burn in your paycheck today from the donated lines we are giving them?  Way to go.  Kick us in the knee on top of a rotten economy.  ...

Are The Holidays Still To Blame For The Lack Of Work?
Jan 07, 2013

Still running out daily... When will these holidays be over? ...

I Am So Sick Of IT's Lack Of Quality Work.
Sep 06, 2013

MM's ASR output is so extra bad today I am going to (well, already) scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is even worse than yesterday. I had to make so many corrections yesterday that I barely made production requirements. My daily line count was a mere 9 lines over minimum. Although justified, my level of frustration and anger is more acute because I have not been able to afford my antidepressant medication and haven't had any for 2 weeks now. I either get extra pissy or crash and b ...

So I Turned In My Resignation Due To Lack Of Work -
Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough ...

Not Liking Lack Of Direct Deposit.
Mar 06, 2015

The company I work for is decent, as far as MTSOs go. Pay is better than most but still crappy IMO.  The problem is they do not offer direct deposit. Receiving my check is so sporadic with mail service being horrible. Some pay periods I get it 2 days after mailing, other times it may take up to a week. I have bills to pay and really need something that I can depend on being there at regular interval. Really considering going elsewhere if they don't start offering Direct Depos ...

Is Filing For Partial Unemployment Due To Lack Of Work
Jul 23, 2014

A good way to just get yourself booted?  Would most companies tell you to get lost if you end up filing for partial? ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

Are You Going To Throw Out All Immigrants To Their Respective Nations Due To Lack Of Jobs To Native
Aug 10, 2010

There is a cry in USA not to outsource US jobs to other countries.  In the same way, are they crying for USA should belong to only native Americans and all others should be pushed out of US for the sake of getting jobs to the native people.  There are crores of immigrants from other nations came to USA.  I think it is better to pass a legislation in order to push them to their native countries so that Americans only get the jobs and live happily.   Then lakhs of doctors, ...

I Woke Up This Morning To An Email Stating I Lost My Job Due To Lack Of Work
Jan 24, 2012

Don't know what to think, she said due to the mandatory EMR they have lost many of their accounts with no notice so they have to go to a skeleton crew and I'm out.  Don't even know if I will get the last three paychecks she owes me either.  Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring? ...