A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lack of important communication - anon

Posted: Oct 22, 2013

There really needs to be a change in the level of meaningful communication.  A couple of weeks ago all of a sudden, there were no status updates.  It went from 2 a day even on the weekends to nothing for a week.  When I finally got one, the supervisor explained they were trying to determine how the work flowed without the status updates.  If I was a supervisor, that would scare me because it sounds like they are looking at ways of having less management personnel.  But, I am not a supervisor, I am just an MT so my thinking, is wait a minute, I am not a child, just tell me what is going on so I know what to expect.

The other communication issue has been with my accounts.  I was on an account that was being sent over completely to India so I was switched to another account.  A month later, I was told I would be temporarily placed on my old account due to quality complaints.  Okay, then two weeks ago, I noticed that I was getting next to nothing from my old account.  Never told anything like okay, you are now being switched back or anything like that.  Today in the email from the supervisor that gives the "report card" there is just a side note that people who had been working on the old account will have time to get their line counts up since they were recently switched back.  I am sorry but I do not think it is too much to ask to be kept informed of what is going on and what I can expect  when I show up from work.  What account is my primary?  That is important information.  Should I expect updates, ever?  Yes, important information.  What is a reasonable length of time to expect a response on a PTO request?  Again, important information.  Vent over, for now.

My 2 cents worth - Info lady

[ In Reply To ..]
I put in my resignation yesterday mainly because of things like you said. Between the lack of communication, not being alerted when the client has a high backlog of reports out of TAT to see if you can log in extra, being Fiesa'd to death and their not responding to correction requests for incorrect counting off, I've had it. I found a better position that pays more and is weekdays - better benefits too.

I'm so jealous! Wish I could find a better company. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
In the 5 minutes I've been reading this forum, you are the 3rd person who is quitting Nuance. I wish I was joining you. Hopefully.....I will soon.

You can find better..... - Inquiring mind

[ In Reply To ..]
Visit the job boards here as well as MTDaily - between the 2 places that's where I found the company I'm going to start working with as soon as my notice is worked out.

Not switching companies because--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope to leave the MT field all together within the next 12-18 months. I am just rolling with the punches until then. Next May I have a big bill paid off and after that, I am just going to try and hold on for a little while longer to build up some savings. If I were to lose my job before then, I am not really sure if I would look at another MT job and just try to swing things the best I can. I am ignoring FIESA, working my schedule as I should but I am also not bending over backwards. The other stuff is aggravating but I can hack it for a little while longer.

That's what I do....ignore FIESA, work my schedule only, nothing more but.... - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm struggling. I make enough to cover my bills (husband has an income), but I cannot stand sitting here listening to this crap day in and day out for a lousy 4/line. All the extras like searching for patients/doctor names/cities, etc. is time consuming. On my off days, I leave blanks. I have never been so bored in my life. I can retire in 7 years, but I'm about ready to find anything - even cashiering in a grocery store sounds more interesting than this crap.
You just took the words right out of my mouth!....no message - LoveMT
[ In Reply To ..]
no message

Similar Messages:

Low Work And Lack Of Communication From Above
May 13, 2011

As an MT who has recently had a pay cut (or "new pay structure") and has consequently upped my game in terms of trying to get more lph, now I find there just seems to be not enough work to even get the 8 hours a day in. As per usual, when this happens I check on here and many other MTs have the same situation, are even more bitter when they see their company is hiring, etc. I am just wondering why we never seem to be offered any explanation from the higherups, or even a guess as to why this is. ...

Bad Communication
Dec 03, 2009

May not be the right forum but here goes - Have any of the MT's out there in MT land ever had this experience  - You have a question about a particular doctor, report, etc. and IM or Email someone, trainer, QA, boss, whatever and get absolutely no response and you are sitting waiting for the answer so you can move on or get help or be told what to do next and you wait, and wait, and wait and nothing for an hour.  How ridiculous.  How do you deal with this?  And managemen ...

No Communication
Dec 20, 2012

Why is that MT's are no longer able to communicate?  The past two companies I have worked for, you do not know who works on your account, and you have no contact with anyone other than QA.  Just asking. ...

Communication Between MLS's
Jul 03, 2014

As an MLS, sometimes I just want to know that another MLS is out there, other than my TSM.  Are we allowed to communicate with other MLS's?  If you uses Spark, you have to have their address.  I really would like to communicate with others on my team but don't know how to do it. ...

Communication From Companies
Nov 17, 2010

I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem.  Over the past several weeks, I have applied to several companies for a part-time home-based MT position but have gotten no communication whatsoever from any of them.  It would really be nice if they sent a short email message to all applicants stating that they received the resume and cover letter and am in the process of reviewing them.  Some of these companies sound like they really need an MT immediately so you apply ...

Keystrokes Communication
Jan 28, 2011

First, let me say this is not an attempt to bash the company--I am just wondering if it  is just me or if others' emails are ever returned and/or acknowleged This seems to be throughout the whole company, team leads, payroll, policies about MModal etc. Is this just me? ...

LM - Communication Breakdown?
Mar 01, 2012

Anyone else who works for LM in PA have problems with lack of communication between yourself and QA/supervisors?  So frustrating! ...

North TCM Or Whatever No Communication All Day
Nov 05, 2012

Anybody notice this.  Was she the one let go?  I had an email from her yesterday, not a word all day.  Very strange, she usually sent at least 2 updates a day. ...

New-Hire Communication
Jan 11, 2015

I just started with Nuance this past week.  During the hiring process, I had good communication with the recruiter.  During training, there was good communication with the person in charge of my training.  However, since my first day on the job, I have only heard from my TSM once, and that was a bulk e-mail to lots of people.   Is this typical?  I've been reviewing my QA in Fiesa and making notes, but should I be expecting any other kind of feedback or communication ...

Screw Improved Communication
Apr 17, 2013

DTS Oklahoma - Communication Is Nonexistent
Apr 28, 2013

This company has some major problems right now, and clearly has all along by the looks of the posts here.  Communication is nonexistent, management is a joke..hostile even.  I'd run, not walk, from ever applying here.  Seriously.  Pay is a joke, and they do not give out raises OR time off w/o a battle.  Even if you were desparate enough to apply, you probably wouldn't hear back from them anyways - cuz that's how they roll.  Save yourself a lot of hassle. ...

I Was Taught And Practice Communication Is Key
Mar 11, 2014

Today is March 11 - that's 11 days since those of us who USE to work on a large account for OTI went POOF.  There has been little to NO communication since then.  Since March 4, I have applied for so many job postings, MT - nonMT - employee - IC it really doesn't matter I just need to make $$ and support my family!  It is very frustrating that you don't even get a canned answer "sorry, the positions are filled"  or "sorry you don't meet our specifications" ...

System Or Communication Error.
Nov 17, 2014

Anyone else getting this error when trying to call up ADT?  Not too mention upload and download is very slow. ...

Webmedx Attempting To Stifle Communication?
May 02, 2011

Some employees received an email reminder that the employee handbook holds changes that everyone needs to look at regarding email and internet use. On reviewing the handbook, they've specifically mentioned social networking and MTStars. I see some of this as necessary for HIPAA caution, but the rest (such as specifically mentioning this site and others) as well as the timing indicate to me that this is more of an attempt to intimidate employees from communicating with each other. QA was ap ...

Which Is More Important?
May 25, 2012

When researching medical transcription programs, I hear conflicting information on whether it is more important to have the RMT credential or to take a program that includes internship for the experience requirements.  Can you tell me which is more important in the real world of transcription? ...

Work Or Lack Of
Jul 22, 2010

Is work extremely slow for everyone? I've never seen it this bad. ...

Lack Of Work.
Aug 01, 2011

Is anyone else at MxSecure slow right now?  I have a scheduled work time like everyone else but am having to work horrible hours to get my line count in.  ...

Lack Of Work
Jul 06, 2012

Has anyone noticed less work in your queues lately? Has anyone had a hard time getting in to a new transcription company? I have 12 years experience, and had an easier time finding a job as a newbie than I do now. Think maybe this has anything to do with the cheap labor from India that is replacing American workers? I'm thinking about finishing my coding classes, but they give American jobs to India also. What does it take to earn a living in America now? ...

Lack Of Funds
Jan 17, 2013

Need to go to doctor but cannot afford to with consistent lack of work.  Hoping things pick up so that I can go and get my prescriptions refilled.  Made too much money last year to benefit from community medical care.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place. ...

Partial Lack?
Jul 24, 2013

doctor dictates what s/l : Likely left thumb EPL partial lack, does that sound right? ...

Lack Of Planning
Dec 12, 2013

You know that saying - A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine? Perfect picture of the North region this week. Apparently we were supposed to be upgraded to the newest version of Fluency except that due to the spectacular communication in the company no one received that information, including installation instructions and now there is a scramble to get everyone upgraded. Do I have all the tools to do my job? No. ...

WHAT THE ***? IMPORTANT!! ALL MUST READ!
Dec 17, 2009

The HITECH Act: Will You Be Fine, or Fined? FRANKLY, OUR GOVERNMENT SUCKS BIG TIME!  I AM STILL USING A WORK COMPUTER, IS THAT GOOD OR NOT??? Under the new Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act) that takes effect this upcoming February, you as a transcriptionist could now be directly liable for any private health information (PHI) that is stolen or somehow reaches the public domain. That could include any transcriptions you produce that are emailed ...

Regarding HIPAA - This Is Important For MTs
Jan 28, 2010

if we are to be held responsible for any kind of so-called 'security breach' which can be so easily manipulated to either just get ridf US MTs or at least make life a iving ____ for those of us left in these jobs (for example, if your reports are not 100% perfect - because 98-100% would no longer make sense because an error is an error and all are a security risk and breach - (this is so ridiculous I almost cannot even write it)); however, an MT can and will be fired for such?  Im ...

IMPORTANT! Every MT/MME Needs To Read This!
Mar 03, 2010

Just spoke to someone I know in TAA/Unemployement office.  FIRST TIME RIGHT is a gray area. We can fight this because it is a gray area. It is not right that if a doctor dictates and we cannot understand what they are saying for sure and we can get docked in pay, literally take money from us.  IT IS NOT LEGAL.   That is probably why the big bosses are on this board to see what they can get away with.  We have every right to fight them.  It is just wrong!  I WAS ...

Important/New Disease
Jul 02, 2010

Cancer of the breath.  Documented Source of Information:  ASR. (P.S.  Catch her...)   ...

If You Are An RMT, Is Having A Degree Still Important?
May 16, 2011

Hi all. I plan on taking the RMT test soon and feel confident of passing. My question is, if I do get the title, will employers care that I don't have a formal education in MT?... Would passing the test serve as adequate indication that I know enough to qualify? Thanks in advance. ...

IMPORTANT! NEW CAREERS FOR MTs.
Aug 18, 2011

I have been enrolled in college for the last year while still working.  Found out today about a whole new carrer that has just come out and being created because of EHR/EMR and now being offered and will become even more popular. My teachers in college informed me of a meeting they had in the city where I live.  This meeting was held with physicians, PA's, NP's, MT's, Medical Assistance, nurses, etc.  Because of EHR/EMR, most doctor's (about 78%) do not like ...

IMPORTANT! New Career For MTs And To Get Out
Aug 18, 2011

I have been enrolled in college for the last year while still working.  Found out today about a whole new carrer that has just come out and being created because of EHR/EMR and now being offered and will become even more popular. My teachers in college informed me of a meeting they had in the city where I live.  This meeting was held with physicians, PA's, NP's, MT's, Medical Assistance, nurses, etc.  Because of EHR/EMR, most doctor's (about 78%) do not ...

Why Proofreading Is Important
Aug 22, 2012

I just saw this sentence in a job posting on another MT site: I am looking specifically for someone for weekends first not weekdays, please do not reply if you are willing to work weekends.   ...

Important Question
Oct 21, 2012

I am asking for opinions and suggestions only...no bashing, please. I "worked" for a client as an IC for a total of one week, two dictations, equalling about MAYBE $40 in pay. I have not actually counted lines, so I don't know. This "client" and I did not see eye to eye on MANY things and I decided it was not in my best interest to continue working for her, so I gave notice that I was "done."  She continues to email me even though I have stated in no uncertain terms that I was done, a ...