A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just plain paranoid - anon

Posted: Dec 02, 2010

OK I have literally kept my foot on the transcription pedal while I have researched doctor names, drugs, and instruments on Google.  Also tap, tap, tapped a key when my husband called.  Is my production higher?  Nope.  Is my stress level through the roof?  Yep.  Blood sugar higher?  Yes.  Sugar cravings?  You better believe it.  Hate this stupid job even more than before. 

Well...... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sitting here with no work. First week on the job and can't put in 8 hours if I wanted to. Is my production not up to par? Yep...BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO WORK RIGHT NOW. How the heck are we supposed to meet our quota and work 8 hours a day if we don't have the work? Hope they don't fire me. ;-)

oooooooops - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I put this in the wrong place. I don't work for Medquist, but I can empathize with your post.

I work at medquist - anonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I struggle to get 5 hours a day in sometimes. My supervisor denied my Thanksgiving vacation AND 5 hours for Christmas! I've worked here for 12 years! Some days....

Just got an E-mail that OT was okayed for the - weekend

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes no sense to me. Some with NJA and others working OT?

paranoid - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
Why in the world would you do that? Too many people are paranoid about things you have no control over. If you have to research a term, go to the bathroom, etc., do it! If you let yourself be bullied, then they bully you. If you are honestly doing your job to the best of your ability you shouldn't stress over it.

Wow, it just amazes me how many people are letting this company bully you. Like I said, if you are doing your job to the best of your ability and they bully you, don't put up with it. Fight back. If you have no work, you can't do work. If they tell you your numbers are low. Tell them you can't get your numbers if there are no jobs. If you leave blanks because the doctor is dictating terribly and they threaten you, tell them you can't put things in that you can't understand. If they say send to QA, tell them you won't send anything to them if you are going to get punished for it. If they don't like the blanks, tell the doctor he is the problem not you and you will send to QA when they quit this FTR crap.

Don't let them bully you! Too many people on here letting this company bully them and that is why they do it.

Sorry, but I need this job. Will keep hitting a - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
key or pushing pedal except when I can't -- like bathroom break or snack break. Just thought it was stupid since it isn't helping production any and I don't get paid by the hour anyway. Just playing along with their Nazi tactics.

sorry - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
No need to be sorry. If that is what you want to do, you certainly have that right. I need my job too and have held onto it by not being treated like that. I do my job good and am not going to let them bully me.

Kids in school bully each other until the ones being bullied don't let them, and that is what will happen if you let them bully you. As long as I am getting my production, when work load allows, then I certainly won't play their "Nazzi tactics." If there is no work,then I can't get production. That is their problem, not mine. Good luck to you. Hope you don't let it affect your health. It's not worth it.

I have been in the work force a long, long time and have learned that if you let them push you, you will be pushed. I have a great work ethic. I do the best job I can for you and all I ask for is to not be harrassed and it has worked for me. Everybody is different.

Again, good luck to you and your health.
this is so correct...sm - ververyoldMQMTer
[ In Reply To ..]
I am going to be short this time. I also refuse to be bullied. I have done my job the best of my ability. I will continue to do so. Document everything sent. Just continue to keep your pride and do quality work. It will work out, okay...

Really? ah huh. Gotchya. ah huh. Guess - U reely dnt need d job

[ In Reply To ..]
gish!

Really - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
Where did I say I don't need a job? I need my job too. Just because I am not paranoid doesn't mean I don't need my job. Have had this same attitude about my job since starting long ago and still have my job. I just don't get harrassed. Sorry if you do.

Similar Messages:

Paranoid
Apr 06, 2010

I am even paranoid to type on this board for fear of a typo and somebody will say "see, those American transcriptions are terrible."  I proofread a couple of times before I hit "send." ...

Even More Paranoid
Dec 03, 2010

Not only am I paranoid about the keystrokes per hour and the mouse click-thing, I have gotten 3 reports back for "errors."  One of the report numbers I could not find all last month in my detailed list of reports, and on one the other two I seriously doubt that I was responsible for the errors that I am being acused of (they were both left-out words -- something I have never been guilty of before -- might have a typo as I am not perfect, but never once left out words, and supposedly I ...

I Know This Is Paranoid, But...
Jul 04, 2012

Is there a way to see on our paystub somewhere that we were actually paid time and a half today? I usually do a count on the metrics for the pay period, but the only way I think to make sure they pay us holiday pay is to keep a separate log for today and then do the metrics in two halves (one before today, one after today, and then add the two to what I did today at the holiday rate). It seems it should be a more straightforward.  They should do a line breakdown on our stubs for the pay pe ...

Enough With The Paranoid
May 18, 2013

Stop! ...

Plane Or Plain X-ray?
Dec 02, 2009

x ...

Paranoid Or Deaf?
Jul 15, 2010

OK I am probably getting totally paranoid now, but do you think they manipulate the sound and speed of the dictations?  I have been typing for years now for MQ and all of the sudden, the sound is really muffled and I am having to turn the bass down, and I have had to back it up a couple of clicks on the speed.  Am I just getting old and deaf (and apparently hearing more slowly)?  Also anybody else besides me noticed the discrepancy between minutes of dictation and lines typed on ...

Am I Being Paranoid Or Have I Been Seeing A Lot Of MTs With Experience Being
Sep 30, 2010

I'm asking because I think I'm going to be one of those that will be let go. Is this a known practice with all companies, or is it me? I need my job. I work my hours when there's work, make up the time when there isn't. I just have the feeling about this and I don't know what to do. Should I hHang in there and look elsewhere or leave before they slam the door shut on me? Should I get out completely and look for something else? I've been an MT for 15 years and don& ...

Plain Gut, Capitalized Or Not?
Feb 15, 2011

"...a segment of tube was oscillated and tied off using 2-0 plain gut ( or Plain Gut)..." Thank you ...

Am I Being Overly Paranoid Or Am I Right.
Jan 26, 2013

I have this sinking feeling that every so often QA decides they are going to catch a set amount of errors and they go about it.  Then, time passes and nothing.  Then, it starts up again.  It seems to have a pattern.  I personally noticed this not only because the e mail alerts from the review show up a lot at a time and then stop.  As well, my sup sends e mails that all of a sudden we (the MTs) are making so many errors.  (This is during the times I get a deluge of ...

Just Plain Tired
Mar 24, 2013

Is anyone else tired of all looking and searching for the "correct" specific formats for every hospital. Spend a LOT of time doing this.. I guess I am just getting tired of all of this. WOuld love to be able to sit and transcribe and not have to keep checking the "peculiarities" of every different type of report and/or dictator. All that and a cut in pay too......live is so good (sarcasm). ...

Plain Or Plane (the AP Plane/plain)
Mar 01, 2014

It appears angulated on the AP plane/plain and cannot visualize on the lateral plane/plain. ...

Well That Just Plain Sucks
May 23, 2014

The Eye for Quality poll for today...you choose the person who has the best "eye for quality" and they get an ADDITIONAL $100 gift card.  um no thank you they can all kiss my butt.  Why not give the rest of us a shot at a gift card instead of someone else who has been recognized monetarily???????????? i'm not voting and neither should you.  ...

Just Plain Depressing
Sep 04, 2014

The changes and the unknown that hit us on a daily basis are extremely hard to take and now so many people out of work with no recourse.  But to have to start the day without our superb supervisor KF, there just isn't anything left.  No one left that cares about the clients and no one that cares about the MTs.  I know they want us all to quit so they don't have to pay UE, but screw them. ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

Teammates! Be Paranoid! They Are Continuing
Apr 17, 2013

If you dont drive quality, you are out the door ...

If I Were The Paranoid Type I Would Suspect--sm
Nov 10, 2013

that Nuance was trying to make me use all of my PTO for OOW and then fire me.  I am not the paranoid type, at least, in this scenario I do not think that is their objective but, I no longer feel as secure as I once did.  I used to think that I was likely okay because I worked the shifts and days fewer people did, like Sunday night (which was reportedly a time they needed more workers).  I will run out of work tonight before my shift ends, very, very unusual for a Sunday.  I w ...

I Have Never Seen Such A Paranoid Bunch Of MTs When It Comes To Testing On MTTtest
Jan 09, 2011

I have been reading recent posts regarding testing -- filling in information, etc., and I have never seen such a bunch of paranoid MTs in my life.  I tell the truth regarding my resume, SS#, phone number and experience.  Yes, I HAVE "failed" tests wtih MTTest.com and decided that company postiion was not for me.  My newest job; I was called on the phone, offered the position, had to test, failed the "third written test" but was still hired.  I am making an above average salar ...

Sutures - Should I Leave It As Triple Or Could It Be 3-0 Plain Gut?
Feb 12, 2011

This ia a verbatim account. D: ....was closed with triple plain gut. Should I leave it as triple or could it be 3-0 plain gut? ...

Radiology Shoulder Plain Film
Jul 20, 2011

What does TRC stand for?  ...

FIESA Quarterly Bonus - Getting A Little Paranoid
Dec 03, 2014

I may be getting a little paranoid here, but has anyone noticed when you are just a hairline smidge away from your 99% to get the bonus, all of a sudden there are no post audits being done?   ...

Voice Recognition - Plain Speaking Dictators
Feb 07, 2013

I wish someone would tweak the VR as lately I am taking more time to do corrections than I could have typed it.  It prints out whole paragraphs of things the dictator is not saying and these are plain speaking dictators.  No wonder I keep getting poorer. ...

Fiesa Makes Me Paranoid, For A Good Reason.
Oct 10, 2013

There is a doctor who in almost every report has at least one discrepancy and made a really glaring one and I carefully flagged it with my concern (obviously wrong medication).   The QC came back with a "major error" failure to flag.  Well I knew without a doubt I had flagged it and I was later proved correct by my supervisor.  Why would she do that?  Did she think I wouldn't notice?  Then I saw that it was the same QC that oftentimes p ...

Quarter-inch Or 1/4-inch Plain Packing Gauze..sm
Mar 05, 2014

How would you write this if he is talking what type of packing he used? TIA!! ...

Is It Plain X-rays Or Plane X-rays?
Nov 04, 2009

x ...

"Crestal" Plain
Dec 24, 2012

I cannot find crestal.  It sounds exactly like that - crest-al She reports that in addition to the paralumbar pain she now has pain anteriorly as well, which is in the anterior axillary line bilaterally between the transumbilical plain and the crestal plain. Anyone ever heard of a crestal plain? Tx,   ...

On "plane" Or "plain" CT Images, This Was Difficult To Distinguish.
Dec 23, 2010

On plane CT images, this was difficult to distinguish from adjacent collapsed right lower lobe lung parenchyma. ...