A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

saince testing? transcription or vocabulary/terminology type testing? - looking

Posted: Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful. 

saince testing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My test was timed, 1.5 hours, difficult, had to be completed in one session, don't recall any actual dictation, think it was more multiple choice, true/false, definitions, acronyms, etc. They sent a link with a password to access the test. If you have foot pedal issues with testing at Career Step, you can download a free trial of ExpressScribePro, then right click on each test file, save to your desktop, drag into ExpressScribe, and your pedal should work fine.

Saince testing - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you take the test before or after you were interviewed? How long did you wait to hear something after taking the test? I applied with them 4 weeks ago and sent a follow-up note, and am just now hearing from them.

saince testing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Submitted resume, contacted by recruiter, spoke with recruiter, invited to test, tested, received offer letter.
saince testing - Tank
[ In Reply To ..]
Will you be doing VR on their psych accounts?

Similar Messages:

Transcription Testing
Apr 27, 2012

I have been trying to reach Bethany, a recruiter for M-Modal Transcription to no avail.  She said she sent my typing test to my e-mail address and I have not received it due to the fact that she sent it to my old e-mail address. Can you please help recovering this test so I can secure a medical transcription position with your company.  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation. Nancy Magee ozziesam@comcast.net       ...

Breitner Transcription Testing
Jan 19, 2012

What do you think about the catheterization report on testing for Breitner? I have done probably hundreds of these reports and know the terminology -- that is not the problem. I know they are testing our ESL skill too with this guy -- very bad dictator. Did anyone have trouble with sound quality and getting the foot pedal to work? I think this along with very bad dictator just did me in. I have heard they are not too great to work for though. Maybe it is good that I could not do the test, ...

Testing For MQ
Nov 20, 2009

It is truly laughable that MQ expects US MTs to jump through hoops, passing their tests, audits, trying to decipher absolute garbage and paying us like we were 6 month trainees, etc., and then have the audacity to send work to India.  I hope MQ gets its due for all the grief they have caused and their role in the demise of this industry!  If Verizon were to put them out of business, that would definitely be what they deserve. ...

FN Testing/ESL?
Dec 21, 2009

Does anyone work for FutureNet ?? Or worked there in the past on ESL accounts? How was the test?  How are the ESL accounts? Incredibly awful dictators??Thanks! ...

When Testing ....
Mar 17, 2010

How are you supposed to know whether to put the headings and text on the same line or put the text on the line under the heading, put a colon after heading or not put a colon?  They said they go by BOS, but all I see pertaining to that in the BOS is the sample reports where they put the text under the heading with no colons after the heading.  I guess I'll just do it that way.  ...

Lab Testing
Jun 23, 2010

Doctor says her MELD score is 29.  Her s/l madrete???? discriminant function is 85. ...

Osi Testing
Aug 24, 2010

Has anyone ever tested for OSI - I hear it is quite lengthy and indepth - almost more indepth than the CMT test - anyone know from experience ? ...

Testing At ROI
Mar 21, 2011

Has anyone ever taken the test with ROI? and if so, did you pass? WOW what a test! Does anyone else feel the same way? ...

Testing For A Job
Nov 29, 2011

Just wondering, in general, if there is a limit to take a transcription test for a company?  How long are you given to take the test? ...

MME Testing
Jan 14, 2013

Someone told me about testing for MME, but I can't find any info on portal or elsewhere.  Any information about that out there?  Thank you. ...

Testing?
May 03, 2013

What is the purpose of being asked to go into Enrich and take quizzes?  What are they trying to do here?  ...

Testing!!!
Jul 18, 2013

I am hoping someone can help me out with this question. I am a single mother with a 3 and 6 year old. I recently resigned from my job due to management. I also got accepted to school that starts in Aug. I have done medical transcription for over 4 years, but currently not the last two years. I was working for a corporation and management there were all for sabotaging people. Since I have left my job, I knew that I could always come back to transcribing. I am taking tests to only find out, I didn ...

Testing For A MT Job
Feb 07, 2014

How many of you think that testing to get an MT job absolutely ridiculous? When you apply to these so-called medical transcription companies, you send them your resume which I am sure highlights not only your experience, but also your education that you paid good money for and worked hard to obtain.  Yet, they still make you take a test.  Have you realized that the tests are designed for you to fail?    Your whole future is based on one test. Your experience and you ...

Testing For CCS
Feb 19, 2014

Hello, I am a former MT hoping to transition over into medical coding. I have been unemployed since 01/2014. I'm looking for someone that can help me out. I've researched AHIMAs website about the requirements for obtaining the CCS certification. My question is: Can I apply and take the CCS exam during my final class in coding? I have applied for my medical coding certificate and will complete class in 3 months. The website states the requirements are (completed) coursework or work e ...

Job Testing
May 27, 2015

Hi,  I have been with the same company since I started this type of work but need to go elsewhere now.  I have no idea what to expect with testing.  Can someone tell me what it's like?  TY  (I am nervous!) ...

TESTING
Jun 05, 2015

Why are the tests for some of these companies awful?  Pitiful platform, unable to use foot pedal, etc.  By the time you get the dang thing figured out your time is up.  I am just frustrated with the entire process......  I am going to apply at Wal-Mart! ...

Archivus Testing
Oct 12, 2009

I am struggling with the dictation on the archivus testing.  I could only do one report with no blanks, the others are really tough.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What should I do if I cannot finish the reports or have really too many blanks? ...

Orthopedic Testing
Nov 12, 2009

This surgeon dictates the same over and over in multiple reports, and I cannot understand what type of testing this is.  "s/l Manuar test reveals 5/5 strength in forward elevation, external rotation, internal rotation, and abduction." "s/l The remainder of Manuar assessment exam of left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength throughout all major muscle groups." I thought about the possibility of manual test, but that just does not sound like what he is saying.  Thanks so much! ...

MedQuist And Testing
Nov 18, 2009

Is anyone here familiar with MedQuist's pre-employment testing or their pre-employment process? Does anyone know how much they pay? Thanks!! ...

Testing And Tired :(
Nov 29, 2009

It is getting very hard to even find the energy to test anymore. I have tested till I am blue in the face and dont understand why it is so hard to get a job in this profession. I graduated top of my class with a 3.98 and you would think I would have had a job by now. I did not think it would be this hard to land a good job but wow this really is a hard profession to get started in. I seem to do well on the test and dictations but they always send me emails telling me they have already filled th ...

Tired Of Testing
Dec 16, 2009

Does anybody know of MTSOs that don't require transcription testing?  I'm so tired of spending time testing only to be offered very low cpl in my opinion.  I've been an MT for 20+ years and am trying to find a part-time job.  However, all this testing is really starting to wear me down.  Aren't there any MTSOs out there that just call references anymore?  I'm an IC and have lots of references and regularly do fill-in ...

Company Testing.......
Jan 07, 2010

I tested for a company who stated that my skills were not up to their requirements, which I find very difficult to believe, as I have been in this business for 10 years, nonetheless, I am beginning to wonder if some of these companies are not scamming us.  I was required to transcribe four different files with the shortest one being 6 minutes and the longest 12 minutes, but apparently, they were not good enough.  Again, I am baffled as I kept all the files I did and I did not find one ...

Testing For MedGarde
Feb 24, 2010

Anyone do the testing for MedGarde?  You can't use any foot pedal?  Isn't that crazy? ...

HITECH Testing
Mar 26, 2010

Just found out my employer is requiring all employees to take the HITECH test.  This is from the law that was passed last year.  We were told it would take about 5 hours to complete. Has anyone seen this test or taken it who can share some info (how long, how hard, etc?) Sure wouild appreciate a little info before starting.  Thanks! ...

Enough Of This Unnessary Testing!
Apr 14, 2010

MTSO contacted me by email and we played email tag for a couple of days.  The MTSO stated she wanted to discuss a job that she had available and liked my resume, etc. When talking to the MTSO she said she could not tell me what the job paid until I passed her test.  So, I am suppose to waste my time, yeah right.  She sent me 5 test files, all 8 to 10 minutes in length, and told me to enjoy myself.  Okay,  I started to take the bait, but as she said she liked my resu ...

Hepatitis Testing
Apr 17, 2010

Hepatitis testing:  Hepatitis cAb IgG serum reactive, hepatitis C RNA - s/l QLBPC positive. Not really sure about any of this, but I have no idea what he is saying at the s/l.   thanks ...

Testing With Medquist
May 29, 2010

I have been working as an IC for many years, acute care, .10/line and usually can do 200 lines/hour.  In 2 weeks the hospital is giving their transcription to Medquist!!!  I have a phone interview scheduled for Thurs. but am having serious doubts about going through with this.  I have no idea of the pay rate, benefits, etc., and all these comments about QA are really turning me off.  If I have a blank all I have to do is send it to my supervisor and if she cannot figure ...

Trouble Testing!! I Need Help!
Jun 22, 2010

I have 12 years experience working as an IC medical transcriptionist. I just got laid-off and now I find myself testing w/ different companies and I can't pass the typing portion of the test for some reason!!! It's driving me crazy. I have been using my AAMT Book of Style for formatting and I have been studying the basic rules of transcription. Can anybody help me w/ this?? What are these companies looking for and what possibly could I be doing wrong? All I can think of is that I& ...

Testing For Spondyloarthropathy.
Aug 05, 2010

This patient has possible undifferentiated spondyloarthropathy, but the test is being put off until the patient has financial assistance.  I'm unsure what the test name is, though.  It sounds like, "hold off testing (tuperculosis) now."  There could be a syllable or two before what I hear as the test name, but I only hear exhaling. Also, the patient has bone spurs on her Achilles tendon, and the description sounds a little like "inhisipathic" but I can't find anything c ...

No Testing Required
Aug 05, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies that don't require testing to be hired? ...