A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

just resigned either I am paranoid or I have it figured out - strawberry

Posted: Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ME MME Tier III that have been layed off or just ignored untl they resigned like me.  I tried to wait until they laid me off so I could draw unemployment, but couldn't stand "training" the cesspool jobs.  Why should an Indian company pay Americans to do the same thing their people can do especially after we train them through our "quality reports and ASR editing".  I have seen the light and will find another kind of job. 

I am in my 50s and I remember when you had to know shorthand to be an administrative assistant.  that is a lost art now after all that work.  our jobs will soon be gone with technology.  Sorry for being so down, but feel it is so true!

You are not paranoid - you figured it out

[ In Reply To ..]
Now if I could only go with you...

Soon, though, my friend. Soon.

Soon for me as well. n/m - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
////

Me too, sm - Spherite

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just too bad we can't all quit at the same time. I think it could still hurt them if we did it now, everyone at once, because Global is not up to it all just yet.

I know that will never happen, but I sure would like to see all the US MTs give them the up-yours all at once.

This company makes me sick. I do plan on sending some kind of complaint or request for investigation to the labor people. I don't know how they dare not pay for the work we do. How do they get away with their stealing lines, not paying proper rates, etc.?

Maybe in India, but this is the USA. I don't plan on being owned by India much longer.

Plummeting Pay - Silly Rabbit

[ In Reply To ..]
It is very cleansing and a great support to voice our concerns on this board. We also need to contact organizations such as the National Organization for Women (NOW). Most medical transcriptionists are women and our profession has been ravaged and undermined by this wage snatching we have endured. If all the accounts are being moved out of the country, that is the owner's perogative, but in the meantime, we should be fairly paid.

The MTs who leave are just being replaced by - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
newbies who have no idea what is going on in the MT world or is being sent to the ILPs.

MT'ing will become another job "Americans won't do" just like construction has become when, in reality, it was stolen by undercutting by ILPs because when can't afford to eat with the pay we get.

Same thing here - former MQ MT, etc.

[ In Reply To ..]
I grew up in healthcare, as my Dad was a hospital administrator (when they were called that). He would churn in his grave now if he saw what has happened. My late Mother would, too. It's sad to see it.

I gave up and quit the Q, for obvious reasons.

What are other MTs doing now as a back-up plan? After all, we know how to work at home. I have looked at numerous options, to no avail. Most work-at-home gigs want $ up front, which is a red flag in my book.

Thanks in advance, & good luck to all. We certainly need it!

I quit trying to "train" ASR. I just highlight - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and skip. It is quicker.

me too - no hope for ASR nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

do my best to get through the report quickly - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess you can call me cynical, I used to highlight and do my best to train, I even wasted much time on emails to support, blah, blah, blah, but I never saw it getting any better. Now I just get through the report as fast as I can- I turn the speed up a little, end up typing a few portions and highlight and delete. I only have skip markers in the beginning of the report and maybe the end if I feel like it. We are paid on production, not on skip markers and the faster I get through the report the better. Oh and in my ASR class years ago they told us not to sweat the punctuation, so I don't. Just doing my best to hang in here and make some decent money.

punctuation ?? - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi NE MT - I am interested in your comment. Are you saying they told you to just ignore fixing or adding any punctuation - even periods and commas, etc? This would be quite a time saver but I have not heard this. Would love to hear more about this.
Thanks!

Already gave my notice... nm - Outta Here

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I just landed a new job that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I start in about a week. However, I'm so paranoid about it not working out that I haven't even given my notice yet to MQ. I think once I've been there a couple of weeks, then I'll know and will give my notice. The only thing I haven't decided yet is just how much notice I'll give them. I'm thinking of a 2-week one but wonder if I'll just be locked out as soon as I give it.

Seriously? I wouldnt give them even 1 second"s notice. - Nor the time of day, for that matter. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I gave 2-week notice and still able to work - not locked out yet. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

I Resigned!
Aug 17, 2011

I resigned from MQ and I feel so much better!  I was so stressed out and have a lot of things going on with my family that I felt that I had to get out of this crazy job and I tell you what, I feel great!  Good luck to everyone that stays with the Q.   ...

Resigned, Not A Word From MQ???
Feb 11, 2010

I worked for MQ for over 3 years, resigned last week.  Not a word from anyone from MQ.  I worked weekends, every holiday except Christmas and Thanksgiving, worked extra when they asked, always made up time, hardly ever had any time off except for things like family emergencies......2-3 days at a time, never a whole week!  Geez, ya think they would miss that.  I will miss this board, feel like I had friends at home.  Will be working outside.  Is this normal?  No ...

When You Have Resigned From A Job, Did They Treat You Like You Were Nothing?
Mar 09, 2010

I was working at two companies.  One I was an employee and the other I am an IC.  I have a baby who is 4 months old, so the IC job is much better for me for now since I can work when I want and as how much as I want.  The company where I am an employee, I sent an email to my TeamLeader to let her know I had made the decision to resign and my reasons for doing so.  By the time I hit the send button, they had blocked my email and everything and did not send me an email to say s ...

Just Resigned From Nuance.
May 01, 2012

I had to quit before I even started officially working there.  The problem was living with my daughter's family.  I only have satellite in the mountains and thought I could stay part-time with daughter's family and then come home on my days off.  I must have been crazy or totally unrealistic to think this would ever work.  I had to work at desk which right next to front door and of course all kinds of traffic all day long.  Teenagers too -- very noisy and total ...

Finally Resigned From Transcend
Apr 21, 2010

I could not take it any longer. Months ago I was on this board telling everyone to remain calm and believe what we had been told. I am now back to eat crow, just like many said that I would.  After the telephone conference yesterday in which we were told how wonderful BeyondTXT was going to be, I hung up half way through, went directly to my email and sent in my letter of resignation. That was the last straw!  Our Bayscribe platform was being tossed and this new platform, of which its ...

Just Resigned, Feels Soooooo Right!
Feb 23, 2014

I finally had the moment I have been waiting for, for far too long.  I sent my resignation and I could not be happier.  I found a new opportunity and I am taking it.  No matter where it leads, it will be much better than working for this sweat-shop penile colony.  Good luck to you still here and do not give up, there is life after MModal (and some mental recuperation).  May God bless you all with YOUR opportunity.  ...

Resigned Thursday Night....
Jul 26, 2014

My part time job at a local pain clinic has gone full time - just finished my first full week - I was so happy to call my TSH and leave her a voice mail that for reasons beyond my control, I was resigning effective immediately.   (The reason - I've gone from $10 an hour to $17 an hour) -  There is no actual dictation - all I do is cut and paste from templates.  My new supervisor told me I'll be close to $20 an hour soon.  There is hope...  One thing for sure, I ...

Resigned From This Horrible Company!
May 31, 2015

I quit with NO notice 3 months ago and sent a scathing resignation letter, the BEST thing I ever did!!!  The letter I wrote was completely accurate, reason why I probably did not receive a response.  I am so grateful I was able to find a job 5 minutes from my home paying me an hourly rate of $15.00.  Does not sound like much but considering that my salary had steadily decreased with "Screwance", it's awesome!  No stress, no crappy emails letting me know I made an error, ...

Paranoid
Apr 06, 2010

I am even paranoid to type on this board for fear of a typo and somebody will say "see, those American transcriptions are terrible."  I proofread a couple of times before I hit "send." ...

Even More Paranoid
Dec 03, 2010

Not only am I paranoid about the keystrokes per hour and the mouse click-thing, I have gotten 3 reports back for "errors."  One of the report numbers I could not find all last month in my detailed list of reports, and on one the other two I seriously doubt that I was responsible for the errors that I am being acused of (they were both left-out words -- something I have never been guilty of before -- might have a typo as I am not perfect, but never once left out words, and supposedly I ...

I Know This Is Paranoid, But...
Jul 04, 2012

Is there a way to see on our paystub somewhere that we were actually paid time and a half today? I usually do a count on the metrics for the pay period, but the only way I think to make sure they pay us holiday pay is to keep a separate log for today and then do the metrics in two halves (one before today, one after today, and then add the two to what I did today at the holiday rate). It seems it should be a more straightforward.  They should do a line breakdown on our stubs for the pay pe ...

I Figured It Out
Sep 19, 2012

We are waiting to hear about "enhanced compensation" or really "reduction" until everyone is moved over to 7.1. They did not expect there to be so many delays, and I think real soon, everyone will be shifted over, and then they can show us with all of our production reports how great their program is, and then cut the pay to be "industry standard." I knew I would figure out a reason it was taking so long. ...

Enough With The Paranoid
May 18, 2013

Stop! ...

Has Anyone Figured Out How To Use A
Nov 09, 2014

footpedal in bed?  I broke my other ankle and thinking it would be more comfortable, but can't seem to figure out how to make it work.  Any ideas? ...

I Just Figured Out My Pay And With MUP It Will Be
Dec 18, 2014

That's right. Never before have I had MUP but I'd better now and it will come out to the exact same thing I would've gotten under the old plan. Unless they forget the MUP and I'd just like to see them try it! ...

I Think I Have It Figured Out!
Mar 21, 2015

Think I have finally figured it out. We got a call from Chase saying that someone had used our credit card and had tried to charge two items worth a couple of hundred dollars but they turned it down. I am certain they have software that figures out your buying patterns, where you go, and what you normally buy with their card as a way to cut down their losses. If that is the case and I am sure that it is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this company must have sof ...

To Any Keystrokes Full-timers Who Have Resigned
Apr 03, 2013

This may be a naive question, but, when you resigned from Keystrokes, did you get paid for any PTO that you had on the books?  I sure hate to give that time up.  Thanks in advance. ...

Paranoid Or Deaf?
Jul 15, 2010

OK I am probably getting totally paranoid now, but do you think they manipulate the sound and speed of the dictations?  I have been typing for years now for MQ and all of the sudden, the sound is really muffled and I am having to turn the bass down, and I have had to back it up a couple of clicks on the speed.  Am I just getting old and deaf (and apparently hearing more slowly)?  Also anybody else besides me noticed the discrepancy between minutes of dictation and lines typed on ...

Am I Being Paranoid Or Have I Been Seeing A Lot Of MTs With Experience Being
Sep 30, 2010

I'm asking because I think I'm going to be one of those that will be let go. Is this a known practice with all companies, or is it me? I need my job. I work my hours when there's work, make up the time when there isn't. I just have the feeling about this and I don't know what to do. Should I hHang in there and look elsewhere or leave before they slam the door shut on me? Should I get out completely and look for something else? I've been an MT for 15 years and don& ...

Just Plain Paranoid
Dec 02, 2010

OK I have literally kept my foot on the transcription pedal while I have researched doctor names, drugs, and instruments on Google.  Also tap, tap, tapped a key when my husband called.  Is my production higher?  Nope.  Is my stress level through the roof?  Yep.  Blood sugar higher?  Yes.  Sugar cravings?  You better believe it.  Hate this stupid job even more than before.  ...

How Is PTO Rate Figured?
Dec 26, 2012

I took 8 hours PTO yesterday and haven't a clue how much I made for the day.  Can anyone tell me the "formula" for figuring this?? Thanks ...

Am I Being Overly Paranoid Or Am I Right.
Jan 26, 2013

I have this sinking feeling that every so often QA decides they are going to catch a set amount of errors and they go about it.  Then, time passes and nothing.  Then, it starts up again.  It seems to have a pattern.  I personally noticed this not only because the e mail alerts from the review show up a lot at a time and then stop.  As well, my sup sends e mails that all of a sudden we (the MTs) are making so many errors.  (This is during the times I get a deluge of ...

How Is OT Figured At Your Company?
Jun 26, 2014

Once upon a time, I used to work for a company, who, when working overtime, would have you log the lines you did during your OT period and pay 1-1/2 times whatever your line count was, which was awesome.   It seems this day and age, companies have a base rate in which they pay for PTO purposes and all the lines done (OT and regular) are put in the same count, and then how ever many OT  hours worked are paid at the base rate and then half, which is actually considerably less than what w ...

For Those On PM I Think I Figured Out The Strategy...
Jul 16, 2014

Well ever since the contest I have gotten completely new dictators and some new accounts.  All of which I can't keep up.  I have a feeling that the easier work was assigned to those in the contest.  That is the only thing I can think of.  Either that or they are trying to get rid to of me.  At this point, hope to be fired.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.   ...

Have Resigned From Transcend And Feel Like A Bird Out Of A Cage! Sm
May 14, 2010

Other than MTs on this board few will understand my feeling that the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders!  I actually am waking up smiling and eager to face my work day.  I know Transcend is a good fit for a great many people, and I tried hard to be one of them but it did not work for me.  I don't think I realized just how much I was being affected by working each day for a company I did not trust.  I resigned not having another job, something I have ne ...

Anybody Figured Out How To Disable AUTOSAVE?
Sep 29, 2010

I still swear that is what is bogging down my computer.  Every time my computer "freezes" for a few seconds, I see that Autosave message in the left lower corner of the screen.  Then it will catch back up and type better for a little bit.  I Googled how to turn it off or reset the Autosave to less frequently, but didn't really get a good answer.  ...

Teammates! Be Paranoid! They Are Continuing
Apr 17, 2013

If you dont drive quality, you are out the door ...

I Just Figured Out That The More Hours I Work
Apr 20, 2013

It is too difficult to just sit a straight 6-8 hours and read crapy reports all day.  I make less money and get slower. When I work less hours, I MAKE MORE MONEY!  I sit for 2 hours and I make more. ...

I May Be Leaving This Job Way Sooner Than I Figured....sm
Sep 14, 2013

Several things have happened in the last 6 to 8 weeks or so where my accounts are concerned.  First, my primary account was changed to basically a secondary and the worst of the worst accounts (which happened to be like #4 in my list/queue) was moved to the #1 slot.  It didn't take me 2 weeks to realize that I was going to have a nervous breakdown if I had to continually do this particular account ALL of the time (and I do mean ALL of the time) because pretty much no one else is w ...

If I Were The Paranoid Type I Would Suspect--sm
Nov 10, 2013

that Nuance was trying to make me use all of my PTO for OOW and then fire me.  I am not the paranoid type, at least, in this scenario I do not think that is their objective but, I no longer feel as secure as I once did.  I used to think that I was likely okay because I worked the shifts and days fewer people did, like Sunday night (which was reportedly a time they needed more workers).  I will run out of work tonight before my shift ends, very, very unusual for a Sunday.  I w ...