A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Seriously, is TT trying to get everyone to quit? - AreYouKidding

Posted: Jan 26, 2010

Not only can I not get up to speed flip flopping back and forth between traditional work and VR each and every report, not only did they cut my pay for this not so great new platform, not only can I not change accounts because there is no work on anything but my account, not only has production incentive gotten completely out of my reach, and not only is this year's insurance not actually what I signed up for, but now the latest?

Seriously WHAT IS UP?  I can't do this anymore.

it is what you think it is - cc

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I DO think they want us to quit so they can outsource to India.

I don't think that's the reason, but I have no idea what it would be. - TTr - 3 yrs

[ In Reply To ..]
It sure is strange lately.

Hmmm. Are they recruiting anywhere? - It is hard not to be paranoid these days. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm in the same boat, but probably worse off. - TTr - 3 yrs

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sole support for DH and I. I haven't seen a decent pay since Oct. I can't even afford to send my internet bill in!

Look on the bright side. Yours started in October, mine... - AreYouKidding

[ In Reply To ..]
started in June when my backup account got 'lost' out of my queue. They just kept saying it was slow but wouldn't check why I wasn't getting any work. It hasn't been good for a long time, but now it is just flat out wrong.

I think part of the reason people are so riled up about TT - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
is that I know I, for one, thought they were better than this. Yeah, I know, it's business, etc., and everybody's moving toward VR, but I have really enjoyed working there--nobody breathes down your neck QA-wise as long as you're doing a good job, they're flexible about time off, etc., and you get the impression they DO respect you. But it is not respectful to do what they're doing now, regardless of how "catty" certain people want to call it when one of us says so. One might also call it "catty" to say the reason our paychecks are down is lack of productivity because we're "on this site." (Newsflash! Not all of us have the same schedule! I'm not even supposed to be working now!) Also, work has been very low on some accounts. The fact is, most of us are in the same sinking boat.

Im TT and I agree with all that... - But (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
What is "the latest?" What did I miss now?

Are you guys for real? OMG - This company bends over backwards - Kitty Katz

[ In Reply To ..]
for us on a daily basis and all you catty witches can do is spend your time coming here with this crap? Do you really think they want us to quit so that they can outsource our jobs? TT is one of the FEW companies that DO NOT outsource and they have no intention of doing so. They went out of their way to find better insurance options for us that wouldn't break the bank (for us OR them). They actually treat me with respect and like a real person rather than a number.

Here's a suggestion for you. Rather than coming on here and carping about this, why not call or e-mail the owner and ask. I have always found her to be honest and forthright and willing to answer whatever questions I have.

Could it possibly be that you are not earning what you used to because you spend too much time trolling this board and complaining about your employer?

Send her an e-mail and see what happens. I think you'll be surprised.

So, does 'bending over backwards' include suing their MTs?? - Just Another Starving TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering... You all know about the lawsuit TT filed against an MT who posted here, claiming defamation of character, don't you? They pretend to be all nicey nice, etc., but from what I've seen, there are many there that are, well, not so darn nice.

I saw the posting at the time and I was agast! - L

[ In Reply To ..]
I was shocked at what I was reading from the poster. She may no longer work there, might not have at the time but seemed like letting a lot of stream off. They apparently were very familiar with that person. You have to choose your words very carefully when you decide to blast away. Anything, anything that is not 100% truth can have a lawsuit behind it. If the company has falsehoods said against them, donĂ¢€™t blame them one bit. If untrue, that is slander. I guess they just got tired of reading the mess that sometimes people decide to post here. They probably read between the lines and knew exactly who was posting, therefore the law suit.

Is that really any of our business and does it have anything to do - TTMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
with what we are discussing here? I think not. I am sure there is more to the story that what we are getting here on this board and I think that we should all leave it alone and stop the bashing.

That poster posted many suppositions as TRUTHS when they were not - Shrug

[ In Reply To ..]
She indicated MANY things in her posts, as if she were in the "know," about how TT had no accounts of their own, were simply doled out work as seen fit by Dictaphone, and all sorts of other absurdities. She got a lot of TTers worked up over things that weren't even true, yet she presented these claims as factual.

That is the epitome of libelous. The lawsuit was NOT without merit.
And how do YOU know these things were not true? - Starvin TTer
[ In Reply To ..]
Sure makes a lot of sense why the work suddenly dries up at the oddest times. Really, how exactly do YOU know these things she said weren't true? Did you read the lawsuit? TT is suing for 'defamation of character.' That is beyond...lame... What exactly is TT afraid of here?
I posted above and read the original posts - What I think
[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you have to be afraid of something to sue for defamation of character? If the company is in the right then they have every right just like you or I would have , no difference. You donĂ¢€™t have to hide a darn thing to protect your name, be it a company or a person. When reading I thought oh my gosh. They were very searing, very and I sure would not have written, even if true. I would have kept the thoughts to myself. MTSOs read these boards and apparently they might have known from the way the poster posted exactly were it came from. You have to be mightly aware of what you put down in writing. I would never consider it "lame" to protect my name IF it were slander.
You didn't answer my question. - Starvin TTer
[ In Reply To ..]
I read the original posts too. They sounded very believable and would sure explain a lot about the sudden lack of workflow (a lot more than the increasingly lame explanations TT Mgt comes up with).

Also, looking up the lawsuit, it seemed more that TT was afraid that potential MTs wouldn't want to work for TT if they thought someone else (i.e., Dictaphone) was doling out the work, we were at their mercy and that TT didn't really have any of their own accounts. So, is that true or not? After all, it only cost them $294.50 to file defamation of character, so seems more of a way of trying to silence dissent.

So, how do you know the words of the original lawsuit are not true?
Never said I knew or did not know - What I think
[ In Reply To ..]
A company to my knowledge would be very foolish to file a false claim and have that person come back on them, turning around and suing them for a false claim. Think about that. The company has lots more $$$$$ than that poster and their company could be taken to the cleaners for falsying a claim. Think long about that. We ALL have had slow workload and that tells me, nothing really. I do not get paranoid in thinking this or that happened so I guess the company this and that. Oh, no one should be at the "mercy" of a company. I have never been and continue to not be. No one is a slave in this business even though they hold themselves out to be that.

LOL Good one, I had forgotten. - they do sue MTs

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxxxxxx
A place suing MTs - My take
[ In Reply To ..]
They should if it is slander against the company.

Actually, the first thing I did is e-mail and ask. That is the first thing I... - AreYouKidding

[ In Reply To ..]
always do when I have an problem or a question. I have actually never gotten to speak to the owner or had a response by e-mail from the owner. That people get to talk to the higher ups in the company and they are wonderful problem solvers could not be proven by me.

I am not sure who you are or why your treatment is any different, but I am not lying about my experience. I am sorry if my frustration offends you, but you can keep your name calling to yourself. All you do is lend credibility to those who state there are favorites there.

Really? You wrote her and got no response? I find that hard to - TTMTer

[ In Reply To ..]
believe because I wrote her too and got a response. My sister, who also works for the company, wrote and got a response. My friend wrote and got a response. Why would she choose you not to respond to? I don't believe you and I think you are one of those rabble-rousers who try to stir the pot. Please stop!
Again, I am not lying. Again, maybe you are in a favored group. - AreYouKidding
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't get a response this time nor have I gotten a response to the last issue I wrote to management about (which is not my fault, not production related, not related to trolling these boards, not related to name-calling cheerleaders) and that is what matters to me.

I don't know why there is a group of people who seem to have better treatment, but you really need to stop making assumptions about things you know nothing about.
Give it up. How about writing again if you really got no response rather than - TTMT2
[ In Reply To ..]
assuming that there is some "favored group". You sound like a paranoid windbag!
Its funny that an e-mail gets ignored but posting here gets immediate response. - AreYouKidding
[ In Reply To ..]
And again with the name calling.
LOLOL. You really are paranoid. The other poster hit that nail right on the head. - Another TransTecher
[ In Reply To ..]
:-)
STOP THE NAME CALLING. IT'S NOT NECESSARY! (nm) - TTr - 3 yrs
[ In Reply To ..]

nm

Sometimes they don't answer emails. - TTr - 3 yrs
[ In Reply To ..]
So stop with the unbelieving. I have already emailed and gotten no response. Not lately, but a few months ago, I couldn't get a single answer to any questions I needed to know.

A lot of emails could get lost in the every day crapola. Don't forget, they're not a small company anymore.

Not favorites - Just those who produce - Happy Lil TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
That's ridiculous. There are no "favorites" at TransTech. We are spread all over the country. We are their EMPLOYEES. They expect us to work our shifts and fulfill our obligations as outlined by our job descriptions and we are paid accordingly.

Sure, I had a few crappy paychecks. Was it the fault of TT? Nope. MY fault. I was having personal issues and my productivity nosedived. I got nothing but support from my account manager and within a month my productivity was up to a record high for me.

They don't play favorites. They're just smart enough to realize which of us are busting our chops off doing our job (just as we would be expected to do at ANY job, even an in-house job), and pay us accordingly. Their bonus program, IMHO, is wonderful and adds quite a bit to every paycheck I receive.

I realize everyone has different experiences and I am not calling anyone untruthful; I'm simply pointing out that just because MT #1 is having difficulties does not mean EVERYONE is having difficulties. Some of us are, as my handle indicators, happy lil TTers who enjoy our jobs...and it shows in our productivity.

hard to produce when there is no work... - trying to get by
[ In Reply To ..]
When I sit and look at an empty queue for 2 or 3 hours of my shift it is a little difficult to do any work.....

I feel your pain, had a previous super who ignored the e-mails - that I thought were important

[ In Reply To ..]
but answered e-mails very quickly on things that were of little importance. It would take her days to answer an e-mail. Don't bother asking for time off a few days in advance or letting her know an issue, those e-mails just got ignored or answered way after the fact. It was just ridiculous. I quit because of lack of support.

This company bends over backwards - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, Kitty, but I do not think it is the company that is being asked to bend over......

LOL-don't drop the soap! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Ahhhh, I *heart* you, KittyKatz! - Happy Lil TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Although you were much more blunt than I would have been, I agree with everything you've said. TT is the best job I could ask for. I've only been there a year and I have never had a single complaint about them.

I consider myself lucky to be employed at TT and furthermore am proud to be employed by a company that really does put its employees at the top of the priority list.

you have got to be joking - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Either that, or you don't work here. A company that "treats their employees with respect" doesn't just drop the bomb on them overnight with forced VR at slave labor rates and an iffy platform, then rub it in by saying we'll make MORE. Nope. Some of us are in this business to make a living. Saying they treat us with respect because they don't outsource (yet) but have instead cut our paychecks in half is like dating a guy who screws around and saying he's a "good guy" because at least he doesn't beat you.

"Catty Witches" - Athena

[ In Reply To ..]
Kitty Katz,please refrain from the above particular name calling as you may and perhaps already have offended those people of alternative religions. I'm sure calling you a "Catty Christian" would not go over too well.
Peace

I thought the owner was the guy we never hear from (SW). - Is TB the owner? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Question - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
I was kind of alarmed when I got my insurance card and it wasn't Blue Shield Michigan as we had been told, but in my area over 250 physicians accept this insurance and just since January 1st, I've saved about $60 with office visit co-pays and prescriptions. I'm actually so far pretty impressed with it, especially since I'd honestly never heard of it.

I'd an oddity apparently. I've no problems with TT whatsoever and am blessed to be on an excellent account that always has plenty of work to go around and is on a great VR platform. I'm up to speed on editing and just last week received an email from my account manager acknowledging my productivity and thanking me for all of my hard work.

Maybe it just depends on which account you get. I suggested TT to a dear friend of mine and she was hired for another account. She didn't care for it and ended up leaving in a month. Like I said, I just consider myself blessed with my job because I honestly wouldn't change a single thing about it and lucked out by getting a great manager.

I hope it gets better for you, but give the insurance a chance. I was mildly surprised at how good it turned out to be.

The thing with the insurance is that we had to go to the hospital, - AreYouKidding

[ In Reply To ..]
we turned out not to have the BCBS we signed up for, the new insurance didn't cover where we went for care, and now we owe thousands right off the bat. Hence, yesterday's event really set me off.

Again, my frustration is not everyones. I was quite happy at TT last year at this time and told people so, but everything about MY job has changed for the worse in the last 6 months.

You now owe THOUSANDS right off the bat? Now I *know* you have - TTER

[ In Reply To ..]
no idea what you're talking about.
Are you familiar with out of network coverage? It sucks. - AreYouKidding
[ In Reply To ..]
Here we go again with those who know everything.

Did you not notice the insurance carrier on the card was NOT BCBS? - Confused

[ In Reply To ..]
I got my dental, vision and medical cards, and the medical card CLEARLY stated the name of the company on it and gave clear instructions to go to their website to find providers (and even in my relatively small town, there were over 150 providers, including every hospital).

I don't mean to be critical, but my gosh, how could you NOT notice it was not BCBS???
Because in the original call we were told it would be BCBS. - It was switched with no notification. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The coverage remained the same for the most part, but it was a very confusing situation. TT could have handled communication better.
No, they sure don't say BCBS. However, when they don't - AreYouKidding
[ In Reply To ..]
send them to you in a timely manner, you don't know that.
Did you try to get them added? - Just curious
[ In Reply To ..]
In early January the big boss posted something to the effect of if your doctor or hospital (you had before with BCBS) is not listed as in-network, contact human resources, and they will be able to get them added (which sounds very odd to me) as in-network with the new insurance company. Has anyone tried that approach? Just wondered if it worked. I also was a bit worried when I realized it was not BCBS. Virtually everyone is in-network with them and it is never a worry. It is not a problem for me, but obviously the new insurance has presented a problem with some people.

And where is that memo about the insurance? - Starvin TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
They said they were going to send it out yesterday afternoon and explain the situation. I'm still waiting...

TT - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
No they are trying to keep their new hires busy.

Similar Messages:

BOO HOO -- Can I Quit?
Feb 01, 2010

This is the first time I am transcribing an intubation procedure.  The doctor keeps stating that he used an instrument "Glide slope."  I can only find a GlideScope.  Is he mispronouncing the name of this instrument, or is there a Glide Slope? ...

Anyone Who Has Quit MQ
Mar 15, 2010

Just curious how long it took to get your 401K. I'm thinking about quitting, taking the penalty for cashing in the 401K and living on the rest while I look for a new job. Probably not the best strategy, but this FTR thing is really making me crazy. TIA ...

Want To Quit
Apr 07, 2010

How much notice should I give? ...

Everyone Quit!!
Apr 14, 2010

I am so serious.  Everyone needs to quit transcribing for a while.  We need to get this industry back to where we could actually make a decent living.  I am making less money now than I did 15 years ago.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  As long as we keep agreeing to all the junk that these transcription companies keep throwing at us, it will only continue to go downhill.  I really think I could make as much money at McDonald's than I am now.  Something ...

What Happens To PTO If You Quit?
Jun 01, 2010

I am thinking about starting to look around for another job and was wondering if I need to use up my PTO before I quit or will it be paid out?  If I have PTO saved up and put in my notice will they find a way not to give it to me?  Thanks! ...

QUIT MQ
Jun 15, 2010

Does anyone know about how many people have quit MQ in the past 6 months or so?  It seems that things are going from bad to worse recently.   ...

Quit Job?
Jul 14, 2010

I am thinking about quiting my job at the hospital to try and work from home, but after reading some of the postings here i am wondering if that is such a good idea. Is there really a shortage of work out there? Do i dare take the chance?   jkl ...

Can You Get TAA If You Quit?
Jul 15, 2010

This job has become so impossible to make any money.  I am below min wage on SR, and now they are sending off a bunch of our accounts to Global.  I technically still have work and have not been laid off.  Is TAA possible if the company still has work for us to do?  Can part-time workers get this too or only full-timers?  Many thanks to anyone who answers this.  I did read some of the DOL website but could not find this info.  ...

Does MQ Pay Your PTO If You Quit?
Aug 13, 2010

Does anyone know if MQ is good about paying you for accumulated PTO if you quit or do you have to fight them for it? ...

About To Quit
Jan 05, 2011

I am about to quit MQ due to a health condition and was unable to find in MQCentral the Resignation policy anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can find it.   Thanks ...

MQ WANTS US TO QUIT
Jul 12, 2011

CBAY would prefer to outsource all of the work to India where they can get it done for much cheaper.  To top it off, we do QA for them thus training them to take our jobs!  I'm outta there! ...

I HAVE HAD IT AND I ALSO QUIT
Aug 17, 2011

The pay cut hit me hard last PP and now, this is the third day in a row that not even an hour into my shift I'm out of work.  I don't have any PTO to fall back on and the NJA rate is just as bad...  I went to a friend and practically begged for a job until I find something else.  I'll be cashiering and doing store clerk duties for a little more than 10 bucks an hour.  I feel silly, because he usually hires high school kids and kids in their 20s, you know a ...

Has Anyone Quit...
Aug 27, 2011

and gotten paid for your remaining PTO?  Just curious before I attempt to jump into something different.  Totally willing to work out a 2-week notice. ...

I QUIT!!
Sep 25, 2011

After 3 years of training, a paid internship and finally work as an MT I QUIT! What other profession has so many requirements with so little pay? No longer starry-eyed about this "fun, interesting work." I QUIT!! Maple Grandma   ...

DQS Just Quit?
Jun 05, 2012

My last job is sitting waiting to upload, and I just got an error message and booted off! Grrrrrr ...

How To Quit...
Sep 20, 2013

I'm juggling 2 MTSOs as an IC. I cannot sustain this for very long, the plan always was to stick with the better, more stable one and phase out the other one. At the first company (I'll just call it FC), the pickings were slim. They said that once I clear QA, I'll get a back up account and running out of work will not be an issue. But the volumes were so low that it took me nearly a month to get out of QA (last week). Then the second company called, a month after I tested for them ...

Why I Quit
Nov 21, 2013

Since the last thread is down the page I thought I would add this. I worked on very difficult accounts for the last 5 years and never had a problem with audits (failed 1 or 2 in 5 years). Then at the beginning of this month I was switched to a new BOB, was audited after 8 days on the account (98.1%) and immediately put on 100% QA which means I would be working for less than minimum wage. Since the vast majority of my work is above the 99.5% they arbitrarily require, they would be getting all ...

I Just Quit!
Apr 07, 2014

The stress is not worth it. My health is more important. I hope the rest of you who remain will be able to do whatever you need to do for yourself and your family - whether that means hanging in there, finding a new job, or being able to flat-out quit. No, I don't have another job, just took an early retirement. Getting older isn't so bad after all. ...

Has Anyone Ever Quit A Job Because They Kept You On
Jan 29, 2015

100% constantly?  I usually get released after a day or two, but am going on two weeks.  This is getting ridiculous only doing 5 reports a day.  Come on people.  I cannot pay the bills on $40 a week!! ...

How To Quit
Jan 29, 2015

Anyone know the process of how to quit Nuance....if we have to give 2-week notice?  My acceptance letter says "entitled to terminate employment at any time."  Lack of work, crazy pay structure makes it necessary to give this up and look elsewhere.  Thanks for any help/suggestions.  (My TSM never answers my emails so don't feel I can ask her.) ...

And I Can't Quit
Mar 03, 2015

I used to be very proud to be an MT. I loved my job. You know when we actually typed the reports (some of us even on typewriters with that black sheet in between the pages so you could "make copies lol) When we didn't have to worry that we might have too many blanks. When we didn't have to worry about our "inactive time."  When we were responsible for ourselves and admitted our errors instead of being "graded" like we were back in school and "held back" (PM) when we failed.   ...

Did Someone Else Quit
Mar 12, 2015

Did another editor/transcriptionist quit.  Overtime, extra incentives and stats for one hospital that I have not seen in a while.  Wonder what is going on?? ...

QUIT MICROMANAGING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 28, 2010

Audit feedback T'ing me off, sorry.  I fail to see how adding or leaving out "a" and "the" should be anywhere near a major category, downgrade or not.  Absolutely none of the "errors" I am being dinged for have any effect on patient care.  I completely reject audits as a valid assessment of my skill, especially since dictators are obviously not held to the same standard.  We are given too many sets of rules to follow. D* if you do, d* if you don't.  H ...

Quit Without Notice
Apr 10, 2010

I quit without notice.  I think if a company is professional and treat you as a professional they deserve the courtesy of notice.  However, I worked for a company where management and supervision would answer e-mail questions with "your question or message has been assigned a number.  Please refer to this number in future correspondence regarding this.  My GAWD.  Give me a break!  When I got an e-mail after I told them I was out of there asking me if I was ...

Question For Those Who Quit Or On Way Out
Aug 18, 2010

I finally got serious, got my resume together and started applying for other jobs.  Did you all put your current CCM's info down and give permission for the new potential job to contact them or not?  I feel stuck here- either say yes and have my CCM of all of 2 months hold the power because I have no idea what she will say (and I really don't want to tip my hand that I plan on leaving) or say no and have the new job question my reasoning for saying no.   I ...

Boy Am I Glad I Quit
Aug 19, 2010

Today is my last day with MQ (formerly Spheris) and I quit just in time.  I got the new MT Rewards Plan document and I don't know if everyone is affected the same but it would mean my pay would go down another 10%.  Are these folks just plain crazy or what? Good riddance to this whole company. ...

What Happens To Your 401K If You Quit?
Jan 02, 2011

I have a couple thousand dollars in it that I'd hate to lose.  I quit MQ and now am an IC, so I can't transfer it to another employer. So how does that work? ...

I Didn't Quit.
Feb 21, 2011

Well, I didn't quit. I talked it out with one of the other transcriptionists. It was an extremely busy day, especially for a holiday. I work on two hospital accounts. Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. I'm gonna hang in a while longer. ...

I Really Think My MTSO Wants Us To All Quit
Feb 03, 2012

Is every MTSO in this field rotten, and do they really hate us? Does it bring them money to get people to quit and then rehire all the time? I am sure it is true.  I got a really high, close to perfect score on my QA all the time.  I type well above the standards.  I even went to part time so they would not have to pay me benefits and work all weekend every weekend to make sure I have work. Now again a hiring spree and even Friday  no work, except of course I get the worst ...

So Ready To Quit.
May 24, 2012

At this point I'd make more money waiting tables even though I'm older.  It's crazy.  With the VR I'm working double the hours for half the pay.  Not to mention there are 3 new QA's on my accounts and each want things done differently. I'm so fed up.  This is all I know but figure if an old dog can learn new tricks........... ...