A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Too bad the United States wont do this. - It would be fantastic. SM

Posted: Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it.

I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more effort they will put forth.  Or maybe it's the "God complex" thing;  I'm a doctor and I'm going to do this my way and you work with me. 

I am absolutely ecstatic to see this and loudly applaud the Dutch people.   You go to a foreign country to make a new life,  then make the effort to learn the new language and use it properly. 

I know... who in their - wildest dreams

[ In Reply To ..]
would have thought immigrants would need better English skills to get a job at McDonald's than to work as a doctor in a hospital? I have also come across native speakers with speech impediments so bad you would have thought someone in their lives at some time would have seriously recommended working with a speech pathologist.

What really irks me is that as a native US - citizen who speaks English - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
because that's what most of the other people born in this country speak, I can't get a job these days because I don't speak Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese or Chinese. What's wrong with this picture?

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know How Many Total CMTs There Currently Are In The United States?
Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently?    ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

Down? Wont Upload Job
Jun 11, 2012

x ...

DQS Down? Wont Upload My Job
Nov 26, 2012

to me when the system is back up. I hope so, it was a huge job. ...

Any Recourse When An Employer Wont Pay Their ICs?
Aug 02, 2010

any ideas?  I live in one state and my IC "employer" lives in another.  He owes me a substantial amount of money (almost 3K).  Do I have any recourse against him?  Could I file a suit against him with his state attorney generals office or small claims court or anything???  ...

Help Dictaphone ESP Control Panel Wont Pop Up
May 15, 2011

I have been using Dictaphone's ESP Expansion Program for over 3 years now in Word and all of a sudden the other day, when I click on Control/Control to open the ESP Control Panel, nothing.....Then I went to Tools and clicked on ESP Control Panel and nothing.....I cant access it.  My ESP personal files are huge and I have saved them in many safe places so Im not worried about losing them but I cant add, delete, or edit any of my thousands of expansion files.  ALso, the esps work when I typ ...

Until Point Is Reached Where All Say, No, Wont Work For
Dec 12, 2011

:( ...

Known DocQscribe 7 Issues That Wont Be Fixed
Jan 11, 2012

Then why not wait to make us use it till the end of February? And a month and a half is needed to fix it???   ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

I Try To Take These Tests And My Foot Pedal Wont Work With Them.
Jun 14, 2014

It is very difficult to keep going back over everything without a foot pedal.  Is there some universal way to be able to make a foot pedal work with all these different tests or is there always a different set up for every single test.  I dont want to be downloading lots of things to test with every single company.  ...

Express Scribe - Wont Load Files. 0:00 Duration -sm
Feb 11, 2011

Hello, I am finally getting my Dr. to move into the 20th century.  Have a new Phillips 9600 digital recorder, new foot pedal and headset and downloaded Express Scribe. ExpressScribe will not play any files I try and transfer.  I get an error telling me I need to go to their website and get a component file for dss.322.exs  yes it says dss.322 not dss.32  LOL THere is NO such file there.  Anybody have any suggestions??  I really dont want to have to pay like 30 b ...

Express Scribe Wont Let Me Use My Foot Pedal With The Free Version
Jan 18, 2013

Trying to download express scribe, but it wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version.  Any suggestions? ...

Any MTs Looking For A Job From States Where
Jun 22, 2014

the minimum wage is higher than $8/hr having a difficult time finding a job? I am hoping to hear that there are MTs recently laid off or quit who have fairly easily found another MT job, living in a state (such as CA, WA, OR etc) where the minimum wage is higher than average. I am wondering if companies are ignoring applicants from these states? I so hope I am wrong. ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Regarding Breaks In Certain States
Nov 14, 2009

I lost the email, but supposedly I get a 10-minute break after 4 hours. Do I clock out of DQS but stay clocked on at ScheduleSource or do I stay logged onto both and walk away from the computer for 10 minutes? Does it show up on the time card or only on the pay stub. Does anyone know the details? Thank you. ...

S/l DCS. Doc States Neuro: DCS 15. (Pt. Is 15)
Feb 03, 2010

doc states in neuro: DCS 15. (Pt is a 15 year old girl). I think this is her own slang.  Any ideas? ...

United Health
May 02, 2010

I have a good friend who left the Q and is working in a doctor's office.  They have to confirm insurance coverage ON some of their patients.  While doing so, she had to contact United Health.  The call was answered in INDIA!!! ...

United Transcription?
Jun 13, 2010

Good or bad?  ...

OMG! Below There Is A Post That States...
May 21, 2013

"At least, I was smart enough to get out of here."  REALLY! pfffft. It doesn't take smarts to run, it takes smarts to make a change for the better.  There is a big difference. Why don't you get off attack mode? I would keep this job until I got something else, i.e., something is better than nothing when your paycheck pays for food.  How self-centered. ...

United Transcription Out Of NC
Jul 12, 2013

I wanted to see if anybody had any current information on United Transcription out of North Carolina.  What is their communication like, training, pay, workload, etc...  Any info would be great!  Thanks! ...

United Transcription Of NC
Sep 04, 2013

Has anyone worked for, currently work for, or know of anyone who has worked for United Transcription of North Carolina?  They seem nice on the phone, but was wondering what the workload was like, percentage of ESLs, and the ability to earn a better-than-below minimum wage paycheck. Thanks!  ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

On Med List. Dr. States S/l Polyvinyl. ???? TIA.
Oct 23, 2009

nm ...

Any Info On United Transcription Out Of NC?
Nov 29, 2009

Hi.  Was hoping that someone could give me some information regarding United Transcription out of North Carolina??  Any details would be very much appreciated  ...

United Transcription Anybody Currently Working
Mar 29, 2010

there who can give me the pay rate, good, bad and the ugly, if any. ...

United Testing Anybody Heard Anything Yet?
Apr 02, 2010

Took the written and the dictation test, but have not heard anything yet.  Just wondering if anybody else took both tests and is waiting also. ...

United Health/Axolotl
Aug 06, 2011

Recently started with Axolotl (now part of United Health Group). I have 18 years experience and the account they put me on has to be THE WORST I have ever experienced, 99.9% horrible ESL's, on top of which their M*Modal platform is very, very slow. I have worked at other companies using M*Modal and did not find this to be the case with them. This account is VR and they pay by the hour because apparently the dictators and platform are so bad, an MT can't make any money by the line. Also ...

Does Anyone Have Any Information On United Transcription?
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone have any information on United Transcription?  Do they have straight typing or VR?  Any info would be much appreciated.  I took the dictation part of the test today and am waiting to hear back from them. ...

SYNERNET Not Hiring From Certain States
May 03, 2012

Has anyone else had trouble with companies not hiring because of state laws with Workmans Compensation.  I did all the testing required for a company and then I get an email back stating they do not hire people from Ohio due to the workers comp laws.  It would be really nice for companies to take the time and list the states they will not hire from so we do not waste our time doing unnecessary testing.  The company is Synernet ...