A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

AHDI casted a historic vote for - mandatory MT credentials such as CMT.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010

2010 House of Delegates Outcomes

Support of Mandatory Credentialing
At last week’s Annual Convention & Exposition in Austin, Texas, the AHDI House of Delegates cast an historic vote in support of the association’s efforts to promote mandatory credentialing in the industry. While the association is not a regulatory body and would not have the ability to control the credentialing of the industry’s workforce, AHDI leadership unanimously supported AHDI’s efforts to promote the value of credentials to industry employers and assertively lobby for mandatory credentialing with regulatory agencies such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and with organizations of influence like AHIMA, the AMA, the Joint Commission, and the American Hospital Association. This comes at a time when HITECH provisions around privacy and security have resulted in industry requests for proposals (RFPs) that are beginning to reflect a heightened interest in the training and qualifications of those who will handle protected health information (PHI). In addition, MTs continue to be overlooked for evolving roles in the EHR, including data integrity roles, because they lack the appropriate credentials to verify training in risk management and compliance. To that end, the association will continue its work to promote both the value of and need for professional credentialing in our sector with the hopes of generating either a regulated or implied requirement for credentials in our marketplace. To learn more about the association’s position on mandatory credentialing, download The Case for a Credentialed Workforce.

What a hypocritical crock. - "integrity," my...

[ In Reply To ..]
I especially love the supposed need for this for "privacy and security" reasons, while they actively support and promote offshoring, which results in U.S. medical records being sent off to places where HIPAA is essentially a moot point.

Bite me, biddies.

Whatever you think of credentialing, HIPAA isn't - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
at all moot for records sent offshore. It applies to all records of patients in the US, doesn't matter if they round Mars in their processing.

How would it really be enforced offshore? - integrity

[ In Reply To ..]
If there was a breach offshore, what would happen? Who would be fined or cited? How would that be enforced? If an offshore entity through an onshore company, that's obvious. But what would a patient whose privacy was breached do if there was no onshore company indirectly involved?
It can not be enforced anywhere except America - That is why everyone should be against offshoring!
[ In Reply To ..]
Regulations are enforced here against all - Anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
covered (by HIPAA) entities--the providers and the business associates (transcription companies or people) who have responsibility for the records, whether they keep them home or send them to the moon.

The notion that we should somehow have to "get" the people offshore in order to enforce is erroneous and scrambling people's views of this. The goal is record protection, not punishment for its own sake.

Offshore companies may not be directly fineable under our laws, but they're definitely subject to losing business by causing trouble for their clients. I don't know if the regulators have the power to "blacklist" specific offshore companies, but they for sure can slam the companies that hire them. Whether we can go "get" some sloppy or crooked little MT overseas is also irrelevant to HIPAA enforcement, however dissatisfying that may be to some.

This, by the way, is very much our business and it's our job to be informed at least of the basics.
Excellent post - well said - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, ya totally convinced me. - integrity
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no problem with the idea of any of my or my loved ones medical records going offshore now, for sure. Yep.

Id sure like to see them try to enforce HIPAA in someplace - like China/India/Philippines.

[ In Reply To ..]
Those countries can't even enforce their OWN rules, let alone another country's.

AHDI is about ONE thing, and ONE THING ONLY: Making a couple of smart, extremely unscrupulous biddies very, very RICH.

Nothing more, nothing less.

The only ones with any "integrity" are those of us - who refuse to play by AHDIs rules. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Lets invent a product and lobby for mandatory use - health ins anyone?

[ In Reply To ..]
MANDATORY USE = BLATANT, OBVIOUS GREED

A mandatory CMT does not make anyone a better MT - people with CMTs still make mistakes; all a CMT does is make ONE company rich. Just like mandatory health insurance does not make any one healthy, people with it still get sick; but it makes insurance companies rich. Just like mandatory motorcycle helmets don't make a biker "safe", bikers still die with helmets on, but it makes helmet manufacturers a profit.

ADHI is the ONLY company that SELLS creditialing for MTs. In fact, they'll practically give it away if you're an Indian MT, hoping it will "catch on" over there and become a popular thing to have. Not enough people want their bogus product. This attempt to FORCE people to buy a product that nobody else sells would then create a monopoly, wouldn't it?

Other renewable credentials are offered by the feds, states, etc. Not a single, lone, solitary company whole sole purpose is to force standards on an industry that is as varied as each dictator. Most doctors do not care a fig about BOS, most doctors do not care a fig about MT credentials - all that matters to the doc is speed and accuracy.

ADHI wants red tape because it can profit from red tape, and drive MTs out of the industry that only type one specialty due to being trained in-house(or force them to attend a school to learn specialties they don't want to type and will never use). They will change up credentialing criteria every time they don't feel rich enough, just like they do the BOS.

They are just another lobbyist, ramming their unnecessary product down people's throats whether we want it or not.

It's all about the money. - krusty

[ In Reply To ..]
If you pay for the BOS 3rd edition book/software, pay for the CMT testing/accreditation, pay for the CME credits and the time and money you will have to spend attending their conferences, pay for their ADHI annual membership, and multiply that by all the MTs out there, the math is simple, this is just another scheme to make money. The majority of the physicians have no clue or care what the BOS is or what ADHI is. As I was told by one doc about a few months ago when I asked him about using ADHI Book of Style when typing his reports, "I don't know what BOS is or care, just type what I say, that's what I'm paying you for."

I'm a stupid newbie who was taken in - earlymusicus

[ In Reply To ..]
by our teachers talking up credentialing and membership in AHDI. I joined a study group to prepare for the RMT exam, spent the money on the 3rd edition of the BOS, the BOS workbook, and the RMT study guide, as well as a student membership in AHDI - and I can't get a job with this training! I spent all that money for nothing! Now I know why, when I asked my instructors about MT salary and offshoring and jobs, they would never give me a straight answer or would change the subject. I always felt like they were keeping something from me. I was laid off in 2007 and went back to school for training that I thought (and was assured) would get me back to work at a good salary. I used my IRA funds to pay for the classes, textbooks, and now all this useless AHDI crap. Instead of being in a good-paying job, I'm still unemployed, more than $8,000+ poorer (I attended a two-year college) from having paid for everything (and that was while I was on unemployment, too!), and back to trying to get any kind of job (data entry, file clerk) - jobs that I wouldn't have had to spend $8,000 for training. I researched this field before I decided to take the classes - at the time (2007) there seemed to be a lot of good jobs out there; but I noticed, as I went along in the program, the job postings were fewer and fewer. I really feel ripped off. And now my unemployment benefits are gone (I'm now a "99-er")and I have only enough funds left in my IRA to stave off bankruptcy and homelessness for about 8 more months. That's it. I really wish I could get all my tuition and textbook money refunded! I feel so stupid for having done this - I feel like I made such a dumb mistake, going into this training. I feel like a total schmuck. And now, as a result, I'm scared to death to make any more big decisions because it seems I always make the wrong ones. Sorry for the length of this posting but I just feel so hopeless. My instructors, however, are having a great summer and doing very well financially. I guess that's what I paid for.
don't be so hard on yourself. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
some things are just not really foreseeable. Just keep trying. Jobs are hard for everyone to find right now. True, the credential is a joke, but, on the other hand, if it becomes mandatory, you'll find yourself ahead of the crowd. Education is never wasted. You can use the training in another kind of work too. as far as future decisions, nothing risked, nothing gained. just be persistent, keep your chin up, and never quit believing in yourself.
Re: don't be so hard on yourself - earlymusicus
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you - I appreciate your kind words. I'm going to try and see if I may be able to use some of my training, working at a veterinary clinic. You know, when I was thinking about going back to school, something way off was yelling "Vet tech! Vet tech!" Way back in the mid-70s, I was in a vet tech program at a local community college; I nearly finished but had to drop out to help take care of my mom. I was good at the work and loved it. But when this unemployment hit and I thought about going back to school, so many people were telling me to focus on something in the human medical field. Funny - I've been seeing lots of vet tech positions - far more than MT positions. I wonder if there is such a thing as "veterinary medical transcription"? Probably not, but maybe I can work as a veterinary receptionist.
early musicus - vet tech
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, I also went from vet assistant to medical transcriptionist. Veterinary technicians are definitely in demand. The hospital where I was a solo dog walker, cat straitjacketer, surgery prepper, vaccine giver, parasite examiner, floor mopper and whatever else there was to do-- now has about 8 full-time techs and assistants and kennel help! Vet discouraged me from going into transcription, saying I would only earn about $7 an hour! (After 20 years, his words are coming true.) But ANYway, vet teching is where it's at these days-- so many people invest so much in their pets. As far as MT training, I agree with the above poster that nothing you learn is ever wasted, even if there is no immediate market for it.

No one will EVER force me to do ANYTHING; least - of all, obtain a bogus *credential*!

[ In Reply To ..]
[snort!] And I'd like to see my company even TRY. No, they'll have to fire me instead, thus freeing up my time and energy for more important things. Like lobbying everyone and anyone in the media/government/healthcare to get a clue, see the light, and take AHDI and all these useless MTSO middlemen out ofthe healthcare documentation equation. They're unnecessary. All they need is the MT. They DON'T need the MTSO, and they sure as HE11 don't need AHDI.

Thanks, Bogus. I became a CMT strictly to - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
have it on my resume for those companies who do want the thing. Nice to see all this competition falling away, or at least that which was. :)

âThe rude rabble are enraged; now firebrands and stones fly.â Virgil 70-19 BC
Any company who believes in the CMT credential - (see msg)
[ In Reply To ..]
likely also believes that the crap-pay MTs are earning these days is a fair wage. I avoid companies that put any value on bogus credentials.

No force needed - MT not needed

[ In Reply To ..]
You can lobby; however, the media/government/healthcare all have a clue and see the light...it's called EMR and EPIC. I've seen what is coming and MT positions will soon be extinct. Most positions in the medical field are *credential" based. I don't see why we should be any different. If it helps me keep my position a little longer, I feel it is well worth the effort.
Dont you get it? The $ you pay AHDI is used to - promote the extinction of US MTs. (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
When you give AHDI money for any reason, even *credentialling*, you are "feeding the Pig".

AHDI is why the US MT field is disappearing.

If refusing to give those crooks any more money means I lose my job a month earlier than those who DO feed the Pig, then so be it.
AHDI is NOT why... - MT disappearing
[ In Reply To ..]
The MT field is disappearing due to EMR, such as EPIC and others. I just received a wonderful position in-house helping with and learning the new technology, and my *certificate* helped me achieve this goal. I am saddened to see adults drop to the level of name calling "Pig", that belongs with children. I wish you luck in the future.
"Dont feed the Pig" - And yes, it IS to blame.
[ In Reply To ..]

ADHI's major function ... is to promote ADHI - Frankly, they are a waste!

[ In Reply To ..]
My experience as a transcriptionist was that ADHI is constantly promoting ADHI. They have invented all kinds of wonderful titles (in my opinion, mostly for themselves).

What have they really done for transcriptionists, other than charge a large yearly fee?

As the moderator of another board was leaving the board to work full time on her farm, I recollect that she said something like she was "tempted to name one of her pigs ADHI."

Frankly they are a waste - Cowboy

[ In Reply To ..]
In the earlier years, they had this queen bee sorority sister-type who would always list a string of letters after her name. The kicker was--not one of them was an academic degree! There is an old German title that says "Empty heads are fond of long titles." I think most people have AHDI's number by now. It would be interesting to see how their membership numbers now compare to what they used to be. As far as naming a pig AHDI, it is a cute idea, but why insult a poor innocent pig? It has harmed no one. If you are going to name an animal after AHDI, a better choice might be a viper.

string of letters - after their names

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right. It was hysterical to me when the annointed themselves fellows then added FAAMT (?) after their other string of letters. And yes, most of them didn't have college degrees.

AHDI cast a vote - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
AHDI would not know integrity if it bit them on the ankle. That is kind of like asking Bernie Madoff to teach us about business ethics. All AHDI knows about is getting in bed with the suits (MQ are you listening?) and offshoring American jobs. Don't listen to them and don't support them. They do not have your interests at heart.

We should also be contacting MTSOs in India/China - and warning them about AHDI. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

(Not that I give a rip about India or China, but because - I want to see AHDI shut down!) nm

[ In Reply To ..]

AHDI leadership unanimously supported AHDIâs efforts - ha!

[ In Reply To ..]
I love how AHDI voted to support the AHDI. Even they can't hide how self serving this is.

I am not a fan of AHDI even a little bit, but I support - credentialing. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
IMHO, the field needs to improve its professional image, and fair or not, a certification will help to show that all MTs are not stay-at-home moms who just want to do the bare minimum (I don't believe that but I've been around a lot of hospital management, and that is the thinking of the majority). I believe if most MTs are certified, it will help with pay and job security. I think coders are much more respected than MTs, and a good part of it is their certification is well respected.

Frankly, I'd love to see the credentialing done through AHIMA rather than AHDI; there are just too many long-term bad feelings for AHDI to represent the MTs effectively.

I didnt need a *credential* 10-20 years ago, and I - sure dont need one now. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
We end up having to test with the employer anyway, so why even bother? The bottom line is, we do it the way the EMPLOYER wants it done, and BOS takes a back seat.

I wasted my money on a BOS (Book of Scam) back in 2005, and long ago realized my error in buying it, and threw it in the trash, where it belongs.

You can either do the work, or you can't. That's where the employer's test comes in. And that's all that really matters.

Credentialing is a crock! - was a CMT for 20 years

[ In Reply To ..]
It got me absolutely nothing!!! I got no more pay than anyone else I was working with who were not credentialed. It cost me every year to attend seminars, symposiums, and hours of my own time to go get the CEC's and then pay the credentialing fee.

I just came off a temp. gig where everyone in the office was a CMT, they got a dollar an hour extra in pay, no funding for CEC's and they have 8 different QA people in 4 different hospitals that all thought it should be done differently. I was the 17th transcriptionst they had in that position in the past 4 months. Everyone lasted about 2 weeks.

I have 30+ years experience and was certified for 20 years. So what does that say for certification?

They want mandatory credentialling? So where"s the - mandatory HIGH SALARY to go with it? HUH???

[ In Reply To ..]
Other professionals with credentials (MDs, RNs, building contractors, attorneys, court reporters, x-ray technicians, etc.) have GOOD PAY to go along with those credentials.

Will AHDI promote bringing MT work back onshore, for a lucrative and realistic pay scale?

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

More likely than not, our pay would go down even further.

Now is the time, ladies... this evil, DISHONEST organization that has single-handedly RUINED a good career choice for hundreds of thousands of Americans, needs to be PUT OUT OF BUSINESS !!!!!!

credentials do not equate high pay - never did

[ In Reply To ..]
I hold a master's degree in behavioral health, mandatory credentialing if you want to do particular things with the degree, but no more money.

Mandatory credentialing is NOT a bad thing. It represents that you have met the MINIMUM standards and is a start (a good one IMO) to put MTs finally on the track of possible professionalism.

So, then why give our hard-earned money to CROOKS - if there is no benefit whatsoever to US?

[ In Reply To ..]
X

SPARE ME-CUT IN PAY BUT JOIN AHDI AND GET CERTIFIED TO LOSE MORE MONEY!!!! - old and frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
CERTIFIED YEARS AGO. DIDN'T GET PAID ANY MORE - OR ANY KIND OF RECOGNITION. May be if the costs of being a member wasn't so dang much and the cost of the test is ridiculous more of us would be willing to go for it. I see no benefit whatsoever to it. I'm retiring in a few years and I don't see any point!!! If it becomes mandetory how are they going to enforce it??? They just want more of our hard earned $$$$$$$$$$$$.

How to enforce it - Simply require certificate in order to work...nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

They cant enforce it if every MT (US and abroad) - recognizes the scam & refuses to participate. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
LIke that is gonna happen??? Not. You all watch - too much TV. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
So does anyone who believes a *CMT* is an asset. - AHDI PREYS UPON PASSIVE WOMEN, fool!
[ In Reply To ..]

ridiculous - bbostons

[ In Reply To ..]
Agreed. Horrible. The test as it is is horribly expensive, dues are expensive, PAY is going down year after year (been in the biz about 25 yrs now), off-shoring, now they want credentialed??? well, then we should form a union, go on strike, demand the salary we deserve, or completely en mass quit and go into something else. We are all almost unemployed and underpaid anyways.

ADHI needs to be investigated and we need an alternative. NM - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I agree it's a crock but (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't belong to the national organization. My CMT lapsed 5 years ago and I did not renew it. I only go to local meetings to network. At those meetings I discovered that national has hired lobbyists to push the mandatory credentialling issue with congressional reps, so I would not be at all surprised if it does comes to pass at some point in the future. Clearly, AHDI wants this to feather their own nest because we all know credentiality does not result in increased pay for the MT, at least it never did for me. I probably won't be able to find out much more about it because another issue they were voting on at the national meeting this month was that if an MT does not pay the exorbitant fee to belong to national itself, they can no longer attend the local meetings and network with their local peers. Nice, huh? It's all about the $$ when it comes to AHDI. I agree that this organization has pretty much singlehandedly sold us all down the river and ruined what was once a great career path.

how are they going to force offshore MTs to get credentialed? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If this is a case of them forcing US MTs to be credentialed while those in other countries are not required to be, it's just a weak attempt to drive more MT jobs offshore. It will weed out people who can't afford the test, can't pass the test despite years of experience, and it will discourage US MT companies from hiring those who are credentialed because they would demand appropriate paya and time off for study and testing.

I was credentialed as an insurance broker. My license wasn't a problem, but the credentials were a joke. Pointless and unhelpful, just a way for the credentialling organization to make money.

It sounds like AHDI doesnt want those who are "onto - them" attending their meetings. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
The whole organization, and the way they do business, reeks of their cronyism and mobster-type control of an entire industry. They want to force US MTs out of the picture by making their useless CMT mandatory. Of course, they are more than happy to give that "credential" away to the Indians and the Chinese.

Our only hope is to get this little scheme shut down, and the first step is to bring this whole story out into the light, instead of swept under the rug, like it has been for the past 15 years or so.

Look at all the MTs fleeing into coding. How much you wanna bet that AHDI is going to get its sticky little fingers wrapped around the throat of THAT profession, too, if it hasn't already?

Seriously! - Not a fan.

[ In Reply To ..]
How about if a few of us simply start an organization, come up with some name that sounds good and start making rules for the MT industry that we pull out of our behinds that might benefit us and us alone. Oh wait! That's already been done. It's called ADHI.

credentialing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am shocked at the unprofessional comments on this board - perhaps this is one reason why we NEED credentialing to help address our image by those outside our offices. If the negative comments, filled with name-calling and expletives, is the image provided to those we interact with, as well as the implication that we are too good, too experienced, somehow "better" than those at AHDI...well, shame on us. I expect more of my children....and I expect more of my peers, credentialed or not.

Credentialed Workforce - transgal

[ In Reply To ..]
Why should we be credentialed when they're trying to eliminate our jobs? Especially when a mandate would only apply to U.S. transcriptionists?

I guess we are not leaving the industry fast enough - dying but still not dead

[ In Reply To ..]
They want us all to quit MT so that their lies that there are not "enough qualified MTs" will gain some credence. Overhiring and cutting our pay in half hasn't had quite the results they intended. Flooding the job marked with newbies willing to put up with any insult hasn't done the trick. How about forced credentialling? Worth a try, might weed out a few more.

Similar Messages:

House Delays Vote On ICD-10
Mar 27, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/house-delays-vote-sgr-icd-10?topic=13%2C29 ...

Casting A Vote For Carriage Returns
Jan 01, 2012

Long posts without paragraph breaks are difficult to read.  I just want to cast a vote in favor of our friend, the carriage return. ...

Vote If You Agree There's A Foul Mood In The Air
Dec 24, 2013

like if you agree dislike if you don't agree   I'm blaming it on indigestion of a bit of bad potato.  Bah Humbug! ...

AHDI BOS
Dec 04, 2010

What is the most recent AHDI BOS?  Is it the 3rd edition?  What has changed from the 2nd to the 3rd edition.  When will a new edition come out and will it be AHDI? Thanks in advance, Barb ...

What I Want From AHDI
Jun 14, 2012

People ask me what I want from AHDI or if it's worth being a member. I am a member. I ask myself why I still pay my membership dues and what I hope to get in return for that money. That's a tough question. Years ago I learned from their journal. I met lots of great people at conventions and seminars. Then the journal and web site started being more promotional instead of educational or professional. There was always something new that was going to change our lives if we would just sig ...

Thank You AHDI
Sep 10, 2013

MMODAL for taking my profession of being a skilled worker making a living rate, and turning it into a menial, pull them off the street, minimum wage worker. We are the new gutter rats. I have no good will toward this company any longer, and as for AHDI (only a fool joins them), I think you know what you can do, ditto MM. ...

AHDI BOS 3
Oct 10, 2014

I recently began a new position where they adhere to the AHDI Book of Style 3 guidelines.  Obviously, not having used this version before I was not aware one of the wonderful changes AHDI has made.  I understand AHDI exists to set the standards as one of their main objectives.  I also was under the assumption that AHDI had been made up primarily of MTs (at least that is who made them to start with) and has grown to include MTSOs.  What I find so infuriating and baffling at t ...

Here Is My Correspondence With AHDI
Mar 03, 2010

I got this note from a guy named Doggett in response to a note I sent to ADHI about throwing roadblocks in front of MTs to getting work and earning a decent living: "On March 24, AHDI members and staff will go to Capitol Hill to speak with their federal legislators, key members of the House and Senate, and administrative agency officials about the critical need for “meaningful use” and EHR certification regulations to recognize how medical transcriptionists work hard to ensure the a ...

AHDI Membership
Apr 19, 2010

Can anyone help me register for the AHDI membership.  I haven't done this yet and can't figure it out.  I'm so confused.  When I go to the web page and try to register it keeps wanting me to pay $135.  Isn't this supposed to be free now with MQ? ...

AHDI An Advocate?
May 24, 2010

I went to the AHDI web site to see if they might actually be an advocate for transcriptionists, who are always at the bottom of the ladder in most companies.  We are the worker bees and there all the queens, who reign supreme.  Imagine my surprise when at the top of the screen, there is a banner for Transcend, advertising that "they are always looking"   ... How can an organization that espouses to care about transcriptionists advocate for a specific company ... I k ...

AHDI RENEWAL
Jul 11, 2010

??  Is it worth it?  At $135 I think they are getting a bit greedy......I'm just sending out feelers.  Money is tight and I just don't know if it is worth it at this point in time. ...

How Does Ahdi Want July 4th?
Aug 30, 2010

When a Dr is dictating about "July 4th" is it correct to say July 4th? or should it be transcribed as July Fourth? ...

AHDI And RMT Exam
Dec 05, 2010

I will be graduating from TTC's Medical Transcription class soon so I am now wondering if I should join AHDI and if I should take the RMT.  I have read the information on the AHDI site which of course points to the pros of both. But I have also read posts from seasoned MTs who have not joined AHDI and some of them say that taking the RMT (or CMT for that matter) carries very little, if any, weight when locating a job. I know if you join AHDI while in school you get a discount on member ...

Goodbye, AHDI!
Jan 13, 2011

When I was a medical transcription student last winter at a local two-year college, most of us students joined AHDI at the encouragement of our instructors. My membership has expired and in today's mail was a membership renewal request from AHDI. I tossed it in the trash. I can't afford the membership because I can't get a job because AHDI supports offshoring of medical transcription jobs. Goodbye, AHDI. ...

AHDI Rule
Feb 10, 2011

What is BOS ruling on using the word "post" when typing (for example) status postcholecystectomy?  Where in BOS is this found? ...

Shame On You AHDI
Jul 17, 2012

They try to get you to certify as an MT, join our organization they say, some companies (although not many anymore) want you to be a CMT, yet as I went onto the website to look something up, Indian transcription companies are advertising on the Benchmark website?  How is that supporting the American MTs and you want us to pay you money every year?  Shame on you.  You will never get any of my money or support.  ...

Why Is AHDI A Scam, You Ask?
Aug 28, 2012

It was a get-rich scheme from the very beginning. Brilliant, really. Except that when they championed the offshoring of our work, and the lowering of our wages, they made it so that most MTs with anything between the ears but empty space would question the value of the BOS, the validity of the CMT, and the very existence of this so-called "for-the-MTs" organization. S - Superficial,C - Contrived,A - andM - Meritless! ...

AHDI Advocating
Sep 08, 2012

too little too late.  Sounds like a ploy to increase membership.  ...

AHDI Strikes Again
Nov 02, 2012

I was looking for the BOS, 3rd edition.  This only comes in the book format and on-line yearly subscription.  It does not come on a CD-ROM.  So, at the yearly price of $30, they charge you over and over again for something that we all know won't be updated until they decide to present the 4th edition.  What a bunch of scam artists.  I guess I'm stuck with a book -- how archaic.  Another validation for my having dropped my membership to this group that ju ...

Another AHDI Goodie...
Dec 04, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-lowery/7-ways-outsourcing-can-he_b_4350244.html I especially like reason #2. Pardon me while I don't agree with this garbage. ...

AAMT/AHDI
Mar 19, 2014

What is even the PURPOSE of the AAMT/AHDI or whatever they call themselves now?  They are in no way representative of me or any other MT that I know and in fact have been a key factor in the demise of medical transcription in my opinion.  A bunch of no life having harridans trying and unfortunately succeeding in making themselves relevant.  In other news, several fellow MTs have written to their state reps regarding offshoring and were told that inquiries into the matter reve ...

Anybody Going To AHDI Annual?
Jul 22, 2014

x ...

AHDI Tax Question
Mar 17, 2015

Just wondering if anybody knows whether you can claim the money you spend to attend AHDI webinars to keep your CHDS (formerly CMT) certification or not.  Seems like I saw it discussed here once, but I don't remember the details.   ...

AHDI -- My HDS Story
May 20, 2015

They really want to hear our HDS stories?  Then let's tell them.   http://www.ahdionline.org/GetConnected/Events/NationalMedicalTranscriptionistWeek/tabid/185/Default.aspx ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

AAMT/AHDI Sellouts?
Mar 03, 2010

I read a lot of negative stuff on this board about AAMT/AHDI - how they're screwing MTs here at home.  Can someone explain?  When I was taking the Career Step course all I ever heard were glowing comments about the RMT/CMT exams, Benchmark, etc. -  so I'm a little surprised to read the negative comments here.  I know that this industry is going down the tubes for lots of reasons, corporate greed probably being #1, and if AAMT/AHDI is a party to this, I'd like t ...

Was Told That AHDI Said Transcriptionists Should Be
Mar 23, 2010

able to do any type of transcription.  Not sure if that is tier 3 or any transcriptionist, but AHDI is not a friend of the MT.  AHDI and MQ are certainly in bed together and against the MT.  ...

Question About The AHDI Benefits
Apr 08, 2010

hey all, hows it going?  long time no see?  i'm happily an ex medquister since almost a year ago. what i'm wondering is i'm just now getting around to checking out our big prizes from that lawsuit, i've put in the user id they gave us and i put in medquist as the password just like it says to do, and it tells me i'm all wrong....argh!  anyone else have this problem?  thanks!   ...

I Didn't Want A Membership To AHDI.
Apr 22, 2010

But now I automatically have one?  Even if I don't register, AHDI now has my home address (we JUST moved here a week ago, so they got it directly from MQ).  They have my MQ email address (they keep sending me emails). I feel this is a huge violation of my privacy.  I didn't want this stupid membership in the first place, and for MQ to give out my information like that just doesn't seem right at all!   Peed off. ...

From The AHDI Website...they Should Tell MQ It's There In Print.
Apr 28, 2010

Speech Recognition Editing   Performing SRT editing successfully requires a somewhat more specialized skillset than that involved in traditional, manual transcription. There is a different eye/ear/brain coordination dynamic at work in SRT editing compared to transcribing, which often makes it more challenging to identify errors in an SRT-draft document. It is more common in SRT editing for the brain to be "tricked" into thinking that the eye has seen what the ear has heard, due to the lac ...