A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How does ahdi want July 4th? - rc

Posted: Aug 30, 2010

When a Dr is dictating about "July 4th" is it correct to say July 4th? or should it be transcribed as July Fourth?

July 4 - maybe check

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe have to check with your client profile, as I have 2 accounts right now, and they both want it different. 07/04/2011 or July 4, 2010. It all depends on what they want.

See message - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

This is the only thing the BOS 3 has on dates that even comes close to your question:

In text, it is preferable to spell out dates in full, writing out the name of the month. However, if dates are used repeatedly and become cumbersome in the record, dates may be expressed using virgule constructions for visual clarity.

Likewise, some facilities have a strong preference for virgule construction in the record and do not want dates spelled out in full. In formal correspondence, they should always be spelled out. In narrative records, follow the guideline above where facility preference is unknown.

When only the month and day are dictated, it is preferable for the medical transcriptionist to add the year, if known.

EXAMPLE

D: The patient was seen on April 4th.
T: The patient was seen on April 4, 2000. (if date is known)

Use ordinals when the day of the month precedes the month and is preceded by the; do not use commas.

EXAMPLE

the 4th of April 2001

not

April 4th, 2001

I  believe “July Fourth” (unless it has direct reference to Independence Day) would not be used.

Hope this helps a little.  

It would be July 4 per BOS guidelines. However, all - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
clients are different on how they want their dates. Some July 4, some 7/4, some 07/04/2011 if year is known. Check with client to be sure, not all go by BOS guidelines.

Similar Messages:

July 4th
Jul 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me if July 4th is a holiday and Q with 'extra' $ for working ...

4th Of July
Jun 02, 2010

Does anyone have off on Monday July 5th since the 4th is on Sunday?  ...

4th Of July Premium Pay
Jul 08, 2012

Did anyone receive holiday premium pay from Transcend side for 4th of July?  I did not receive any holiday bonus for working 8 hours that day. ...

Retiring In July!!!!!
Apr 29, 2013

Taking a 25% cut in social security from my husband and semi-retiring in July.  Will be making almost as much off social security as I am now making at MModal.  Going to work at my part time job until I turn 65.  I can still earn 1260 a month without losing any social security.  Yeah!!!!!  If I did not have credit card bills to pay I would not have to work at all but I am not sure I would like not working.  ...

Bonus On July 31
Jul 17, 2013

Be interesting to see if I qualify for this.  I got one last time, but it seems like every one of my reports is being audited and they are marking off for such stupid stuff and 0.25 adds up after awhile.  Everything from invalid blanks to "failure to flag"  Something has definitely changed over the last few weeks, never has it been like this before.  I have always had 99 to 100% but I can't seem to even get to 98% now what with all their mark offs.  So stupid. ...

Bonuses For July?
Jul 08, 2014

Does anyone know when the bonus checks go out for the 99.5% April-June period?  I never had one before so never paid attention lol ...

Is July 4th A Paid Holiday Nm
Jun 30, 2011

aa ...

Is 4th Of July A Day Off (holiday) For MTs? I Cannot Find It
Jun 28, 2012

New here.  Cannot find list of holidays on the intranet.  What is the policy for fourth of July?  Thanks in advance. ...

CAPD Starting In July
Jun 25, 2014

Read your email.  I hope you all realize what this means.  ...

Is 4th Of July A Time And A Half Holiday?
Jul 03, 2013

Just wondering ...

Please Add July And August Tabs To The Other Boards
Aug 07, 2014

... ...

3rd Paycheck In July - Health Insurance Premium
Jul 25, 2011

Friday will be our third paycheck of the month.  They should not take out insurance premium.  Does anyone know for sure??? ...

HCPCS 2014 Brings Two New Codes For Pain Management Effective July 1
Aug 12, 2014

The latest HCPCS code update that went into effect on July 1, 2014 is important for pain management practitioners and coders since it modifies the way you report some morphine and propofol administrations. Read more.. ...

AHDI BOS
Dec 04, 2010

What is the most recent AHDI BOS?  Is it the 3rd edition?  What has changed from the 2nd to the 3rd edition.  When will a new edition come out and will it be AHDI? Thanks in advance, Barb ...

What I Want From AHDI
Jun 14, 2012

People ask me what I want from AHDI or if it's worth being a member. I am a member. I ask myself why I still pay my membership dues and what I hope to get in return for that money. That's a tough question. Years ago I learned from their journal. I met lots of great people at conventions and seminars. Then the journal and web site started being more promotional instead of educational or professional. There was always something new that was going to change our lives if we would just sig ...

Thank You AHDI
Sep 10, 2013

MMODAL for taking my profession of being a skilled worker making a living rate, and turning it into a menial, pull them off the street, minimum wage worker. We are the new gutter rats. I have no good will toward this company any longer, and as for AHDI (only a fool joins them), I think you know what you can do, ditto MM. ...

AHDI BOS 3
Oct 10, 2014

I recently began a new position where they adhere to the AHDI Book of Style 3 guidelines.  Obviously, not having used this version before I was not aware one of the wonderful changes AHDI has made.  I understand AHDI exists to set the standards as one of their main objectives.  I also was under the assumption that AHDI had been made up primarily of MTs (at least that is who made them to start with) and has grown to include MTSOs.  What I find so infuriating and baffling at t ...

Here Is My Correspondence With AHDI
Mar 03, 2010

I got this note from a guy named Doggett in response to a note I sent to ADHI about throwing roadblocks in front of MTs to getting work and earning a decent living: "On March 24, AHDI members and staff will go to Capitol Hill to speak with their federal legislators, key members of the House and Senate, and administrative agency officials about the critical need for “meaningful use” and EHR certification regulations to recognize how medical transcriptionists work hard to ensure the a ...

AHDI Membership
Apr 19, 2010

Can anyone help me register for the AHDI membership.  I haven't done this yet and can't figure it out.  I'm so confused.  When I go to the web page and try to register it keeps wanting me to pay $135.  Isn't this supposed to be free now with MQ? ...

AHDI An Advocate?
May 24, 2010

I went to the AHDI web site to see if they might actually be an advocate for transcriptionists, who are always at the bottom of the ladder in most companies.  We are the worker bees and there all the queens, who reign supreme.  Imagine my surprise when at the top of the screen, there is a banner for Transcend, advertising that "they are always looking"   ... How can an organization that espouses to care about transcriptionists advocate for a specific company ... I k ...

AHDI RENEWAL
Jul 11, 2010

??  Is it worth it?  At $135 I think they are getting a bit greedy......I'm just sending out feelers.  Money is tight and I just don't know if it is worth it at this point in time. ...

AHDI And RMT Exam
Dec 05, 2010

I will be graduating from TTC's Medical Transcription class soon so I am now wondering if I should join AHDI and if I should take the RMT.  I have read the information on the AHDI site which of course points to the pros of both. But I have also read posts from seasoned MTs who have not joined AHDI and some of them say that taking the RMT (or CMT for that matter) carries very little, if any, weight when locating a job. I know if you join AHDI while in school you get a discount on member ...

Goodbye, AHDI!
Jan 13, 2011

When I was a medical transcription student last winter at a local two-year college, most of us students joined AHDI at the encouragement of our instructors. My membership has expired and in today's mail was a membership renewal request from AHDI. I tossed it in the trash. I can't afford the membership because I can't get a job because AHDI supports offshoring of medical transcription jobs. Goodbye, AHDI. ...

AHDI Rule
Feb 10, 2011

What is BOS ruling on using the word "post" when typing (for example) status postcholecystectomy?  Where in BOS is this found? ...

Shame On You AHDI
Jul 17, 2012

They try to get you to certify as an MT, join our organization they say, some companies (although not many anymore) want you to be a CMT, yet as I went onto the website to look something up, Indian transcription companies are advertising on the Benchmark website?  How is that supporting the American MTs and you want us to pay you money every year?  Shame on you.  You will never get any of my money or support.  ...

Why Is AHDI A Scam, You Ask?
Aug 28, 2012

It was a get-rich scheme from the very beginning. Brilliant, really. Except that when they championed the offshoring of our work, and the lowering of our wages, they made it so that most MTs with anything between the ears but empty space would question the value of the BOS, the validity of the CMT, and the very existence of this so-called "for-the-MTs" organization. S - Superficial,C - Contrived,A - andM - Meritless! ...

AHDI Advocating
Sep 08, 2012

too little too late.  Sounds like a ploy to increase membership.  ...

AHDI Strikes Again
Nov 02, 2012

I was looking for the BOS, 3rd edition.  This only comes in the book format and on-line yearly subscription.  It does not come on a CD-ROM.  So, at the yearly price of $30, they charge you over and over again for something that we all know won't be updated until they decide to present the 4th edition.  What a bunch of scam artists.  I guess I'm stuck with a book -- how archaic.  Another validation for my having dropped my membership to this group that ju ...

Another AHDI Goodie...
Dec 04, 2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-lowery/7-ways-outsourcing-can-he_b_4350244.html I especially like reason #2. Pardon me while I don't agree with this garbage. ...

AAMT/AHDI
Mar 19, 2014

What is even the PURPOSE of the AAMT/AHDI or whatever they call themselves now?  They are in no way representative of me or any other MT that I know and in fact have been a key factor in the demise of medical transcription in my opinion.  A bunch of no life having harridans trying and unfortunately succeeding in making themselves relevant.  In other news, several fellow MTs have written to their state reps regarding offshoring and were told that inquiries into the matter reve ...