A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Was told that AHDI said transcriptionists should be - anon

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

able to do any type of transcription.  Not sure if that is tier 3 or any transcriptionist, but AHDI is not a friend of the MT.  AHDI and MQ are certainly in bed together and against the MT. 

All MTs should do all worktypes. - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There should be no one working who cant type the basic 4 worktypes.

Not talking about the basic 4, talking about lab, etc., that - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
people have never done before,people need to be exposed to the language of that specialty before they can be expected to do it FTR. As well as unfamiliar doctors constantly, that they have never heard before, not doctors who speak clearly either. Used to be these were separate departments.

I think that's an excellent idea if you are serious about an MT career - I do not see it as a problem

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought most transcriptionists have that as a goal, to be able to do all kinds of medical dictation. If it were easy, anyone could do it, but if you want to be one of the best, keep working at it until you can do it all.
Well, don't you sound good. Done this for at least 20 years, - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
already good, but never get a chance to make money with mq, they are always throwing unfamiliar accounts, doctors, or types of work at, never getting chance to be familiar with. I know what I am talking about and don't need the "speech." AHDI is not for the transcriptionist and since when do they set all the rules for us. A long time ago I belonged to them and I have never seen one thing they have done for us, who are they to tell MQ what we should and should not do. You must be mgmt or one of them, I disagree with you. One more thing, if we are to be so darn good and do so many things, why aren't we paid well for what we do, and we certainly are not, my pay has been drastically reduced because mq wants to save money, let them take it out of their own bonuses, mgmt, etc. You don't see that happening, do you.

All specialities, bologna - Heywood Yablowme

[ In Reply To ..]
WRONG, They have been in bed together for a long time. Used to be AAMT, standing for American. Not anymore. I was never certified because of that B-0-L-O-G-N-A. Why give them 1 cent for their crapola.

agreed, BOLOGNA - Nottonight Gottaheadache

[ In Reply To ..]
Ha! Good name.

I am sticking my baloney out there too . . . - Baloney bologna . . . .

[ In Reply To ..]
It takes YEARS to learn the different specialities. No one can even think about sitting down and knowing everything. And who does do EVERY SPECIALTY all at the same time anyway?

AHDI is a joke.

They won't get any more of my money.
Still wondering what happened to the - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
INCREASED pay for knowing "everything" and being a Tier 3 and typing all the hard crap. Now we just type the hard crap and hand back 3 cents if we can't understand one word out of 70,000.

I love Belowknee - Itsalwaysu Whataboutme

[ In Reply To ..]
I love this game
Okayyyyy,so below-knee amputation - Iamgoingtowet
[ In Reply To ..]
LMAO Keep your bologny inside please. hahaha

Similar Messages:

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Transcriptionists With ADD.... I Think Im One Of Them!
Feb 10, 2010

make a living being an MT?  In addition to how low our pay has gotten, and the myriad other problems that we all deal with, if you can't focus, do you think that is cutting into your finances as well? I've always had a suspicion that I have ADD.  Was a totally hyper kid.  Daydreamer in school.  High IQ (148), labelled as "gifted" in 1st Grade, yet with each passing year did less and less well in school.  Looked out the window and zoned out more than I paid att ...

When There Are No More US Transcriptionists...
Aug 19, 2013

M*Modal will call the shots.  No doubt they'll start jacking up prices to the clients then.  That's the way it usually works. Should only take a few more years.  Save a bit now, spend a lot more down the road.  Lol.  Shortsighted fools. ...

EMR's , Will This Mean The End Of Transcriptionists Or Is There Something We Can Do To Stay In
Nov 10, 2009

I am curious what the thoughts are about this. Will is be mandatory in a few years that all doctors offices go to EMR? Will this be the end of the medical transcriptionist or is there something we can do now to prepare for the change and still be in this field? ...

Ever Forget How Much Transcriptionists Really Know?? Sm
Feb 25, 2010

I am training someone and I am now reminded how far I have come, how much I have learned, and the things I take for granted and assume others know.   Basic things, just proper English, not even taking into consideration the medical terminology.  Knowing whether a sentence makes sense or not.  We really should be paid better.  But it is nice to feel smart sometimes....and you know anyone who can do this job really does have to be pretty darn intelligent.   Fello ...

SHREVEPORT, LA TRANSCRIPTIONISTS
May 20, 2010

If there are any MT's in the Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana area on this board, there are a few local employment agencies, in particular Jean Simpson and Career Adventures that are looking for transcriptionists for positions at physician's offices.  I recently got an in-house position and just want to pass along the news to anyone in this area that may be looking for a position.    ...

Axolotl Transcriptionists
May 26, 2010

I wouIld like to know what your opinion is on M-modal.  Do you like it or not?  Is it helpful to you?  Are you being nit-picked to death about it? ...

This Is Actually The Future For Transcriptionists, Sm
Aug 03, 2010

Go to this website.  Transcriptionists will no longer be needed in the future for transcribing or editing.  One of my friends told me the hospital she retired from is going to this system and their transcription department will eventually no longer exist.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGMEf11GmBo ...

Fellow Transcriptionists . . .
Oct 11, 2011

I am now down to 3 companies (from 4) trying to make a living at this, wondering what I should do next.  I'd like to go get my coding diploma and move on from there as I cannot take this anymore.  Four jobs and between all of them I got $700 last week and am still waiting for checks to arrive.  I asked one of them why it wasn't DD and they said they would cut and mail the check.  Lord knows when the other one will arrive.  I don't know, don't YOU ...

Anyone Know What They Pay The Global Transcriptionists?
Nov 16, 2012

How can they possibly get paid less than us? We get paid peanuts and if it is so lucrative for this company to send stuff offshore just wondering what they pay the indian transcriptionists?  ...

Pathology Transcriptionists Please Help
Mar 13, 2014

I work in the path department and when a malignant case comes up that requires a CAP, I defer to the CAP summary.  The docs dictate "lymphovascular . . ." but the CAP summaries will have "lymph-vascular . . ."   The problem is today I was checking the CAP protocol for the Lung CA and the word was used both ways.  In the actual protocol itself, there was the hyphenated version as a header, i.e., but then in the explanatory notes at the end of the protocol  there' ...

Future Ad For Transcriptionists
Mar 31, 2014

Ok, I am just venting some frustration here   Wanted: Experienced medical transcriptionist, VR experience.  Just for the privilege of doing transcription for us we will only charge you 3 cpl.  You may pay us by direct deposit each Friday.  The personal satisfaction you will receiving from being a part of making our company succeed and be profitable, along with satisfying the facility you are striving to put out perfect reports for should be enough for you, as we are t ...

UPMC Transcriptionists
Jul 28, 2014

I would like to get some information from the UPMC transcriptionists that lost their jobs at UPMC when their jobs were outsourced to Nuance. Please respond via email. I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks! ...

MModal Transcriptionists
Jan 01, 2015

Curious as to the workload of MModal now.  I reitred almost a year ago after issues with speech recognition versus transcription. ...

AHDI BOS
Dec 04, 2010

What is the most recent AHDI BOS?  Is it the 3rd edition?  What has changed from the 2nd to the 3rd edition.  When will a new edition come out and will it be AHDI? Thanks in advance, Barb ...

What I Want From AHDI
Jun 14, 2012

People ask me what I want from AHDI or if it's worth being a member. I am a member. I ask myself why I still pay my membership dues and what I hope to get in return for that money. That's a tough question. Years ago I learned from their journal. I met lots of great people at conventions and seminars. Then the journal and web site started being more promotional instead of educational or professional. There was always something new that was going to change our lives if we would just sig ...

Thank You AHDI
Sep 10, 2013

MMODAL for taking my profession of being a skilled worker making a living rate, and turning it into a menial, pull them off the street, minimum wage worker. We are the new gutter rats. I have no good will toward this company any longer, and as for AHDI (only a fool joins them), I think you know what you can do, ditto MM. ...

AHDI BOS 3
Oct 10, 2014

I recently began a new position where they adhere to the AHDI Book of Style 3 guidelines.  Obviously, not having used this version before I was not aware one of the wonderful changes AHDI has made.  I understand AHDI exists to set the standards as one of their main objectives.  I also was under the assumption that AHDI had been made up primarily of MTs (at least that is who made them to start with) and has grown to include MTSOs.  What I find so infuriating and baffling at t ...

EPIC-new EMR With No Transcriptionists Needed??
Jan 26, 2010

Hello! Just wondering if anyone has heard of "Epic" a new EMR. I work for a doctor's office and was told no need anymore for transcription. Checking to see if anyone is in the same boat I am or heard of this new EMR. Thanks ...

Nurse Medical Transcriptionists ??
Jun 26, 2011

I came across an ad recently catering to unemployed new registered nurses who need jobs badly. I am understanding that the market for RNs and healthcare in general is saturated and then some; however, this article specifically stated "Nurse Medical Transcriptionists." I saw it on All Nurses forum; I don't remember the company . . . BUT a lot of nurses were responding with interest because they can't get jobs. The only thing that was running through my mind was "you have no idea people ...

Are There Any Jobs Out Their For New Medical Transcriptionists?
Sep 16, 2010

I've recently graduated with an Associate of Applied Science degree and I received my Certificate in Medical Transcription. I've taken several tests for companies over the Internet but they all say the same thing in response to me, "gain more experience, and then come back to us." How can I gain more experience when no one will hire a newbie? If anyone has any advice on this subject, please let me know. ...

Pay Type For Medical Transcriptionists
Jan 25, 2011

Why do medical transcriptionists have to be paid by line.  Who started that?  Why can't they be paid per hour like other jobs?     ...

TRANSCRIPTIONISTS CAREERS ENDING?
May 02, 2011

HAS ANYONE HEARD THAT TRANSCRIPTIONISTS WILL NO LONGER BE NEEDED IN THE YEAR 2013 AS PHYSICIANS WILL BE GIVEN INCENTIVES TO CARRY LAPTOPS AND ENTER ALL INFO IN? ...

Keystrokes 4/25/2011 Ad For 50+ Transcriptionists
May 05, 2011

Anyone heard back from this ad?  I received a letter stating they were reviewing my resume.    ...

Union For Medical Transcriptionists
Jul 11, 2011

I know this idea has been tossed around a lot but yet nothing has been done about it (to my knowledge - if someone knows different, please correct me). I am in agreement that we as transcriptionists need to band together so that we don't get treated unfairly and not paid what we are actually worth. I know there are many of us that have chosen medical transcription as our career and are still holding on and sticking through the changes. How do you go about creating a union for transcriptio ...

Med. Transcriptionists Required To Get Flu Shots?
Oct 01, 2011

HI all, I could've sworn I read this somewhere that medical transcriptionists - even the REMOTE ones WORKING AT HOME ! - are REQUIRED by some employers to get annual flu shots. Is this true?? Does anyone have any experience with this? I found it quite odd, to say the least. Also, does anyone know if this is true of med transcriptionists that work IN A HOSPITAL - this I know, that some hospitals these days are requiring vaccinations of all workers. Ready and waiting to read your input :&nb ...

How Many Canadian Medical Transcriptionists?
Mar 02, 2012

I was just wondering if there are very many Canadian medical transcriptionists who visit this forum. In Canada we are not "certified" i.e. I took a six month course at college and have a certificate, but we do not have a professional organization as such. I wish we did! Sometimes I can find a word here when asking the other girls in the office doesn't come up with any new ideas. ...

Medical Transcriptionists Not Getting Paid
Aug 20, 2012

Please do not work for PreciseMT based out of Nebraska!!  Please forward this e-mail around so no one else falls for this!  This loss of wages has put such a burden on me and my family.  I don't want anyone else to suffer.   http://www.wowt.com/factfinders/headlines/Medical-Workers-Not-Being-Paid-166705406.html ...

Patient First Ad For Transcriptionists. Not Sure If There Really Are Jobs.
Nov 07, 2012

Maybe old posting on the internet...not sure, or if all jobs are taken.  Hard time finding the "transcription" postings and then led to a test.  Not that long of a test but then states you did not pass then prompts you to a sign-up for medical terminology classes.  Not sure if this is just a class sign up come on.  If I were going to take a class, it surely would not be in transcription as there are no jobs out there.  We are given other avenues  ...

Any Hospitals That Still Hire Transcriptionists
Feb 19, 2013

Does anyone know of any hospitals that still hire transcriptionists? Please help if so...Thanks! ...