A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

casting a vote for carriage returns - ...

Posted: Jan 01, 2012

Long posts without paragraph breaks are difficult to read.  I just want to cast a vote in favor of our friend, the carriage return.

I'll second that - enter, enter, enter

[ In Reply To ..]
My eyes are older than my body.

:) Enter-enter. Great! I'm with you--here's a vote also for - saving patient lives with accessible data. If

[ In Reply To ..]
we're wearied trying to read little posts for fun, how about harried clinicians trying to get what they need to know from those lethal (despicable) page-long history and assessment/recommendation paragraphs?

readable, accessible data? - very unhappy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
I was new to an account, on 100% QA, typing a "strictly verbatim" account. The doc went on and on and on, and I put in a paragraph break or 2 in the HPI section of the report, strictly to make it more readable. Got "dinged" by QA. Since the doc didn't say "paragraph" when I put in the paragraph break, I had broken the strictly verbatim rule.....
sorry this happened to you - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
I would attribute that to small-minded QA; it's hard for me to understand how exercising good format subverts the idea of verbatim transcription.

Anyway, the original post was directed to posters who write lengthy narratives without paragraph breaks.

Similar Messages:

Ever Tempted To Leave Out The Spaces And Hard Returns
Nov 15, 2013

I am so tempted to leave out the items we are not paid for and see how they like it.  I am also tempted to submit jobs just as ASR creates them and let them see what a mess it is.  Sadly, I cannot do that as I have a work ethic that prevents me from doing so, despite the fact that I believe they deserve it!  Wouldn't it be a riot if we all did that for 1 whole day - that would keep "them" busy for a while and off our backs!  Ok, back to this extremely boring and mind num ...

House Delays Vote On ICD-10
Mar 27, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/house-delays-vote-sgr-icd-10?topic=13%2C29 ...

AHDI Casted A Historic Vote For
Aug 15, 2010

2010 House of Delegates Outcomes Support of Mandatory Credentialing At last week’s Annual Convention & Exposition in Austin, Texas, the AHDI House of Delegates cast an historic vote in support of the association’s efforts to promote mandatory credentialing in the industry. While the association is not a regulatory body and would not have the ability to control the credentialing of the industry’s workforce, AHDI leadership unanimously supported AHDI’s efforts to ...

Vote If You Agree There's A Foul Mood In The Air
Dec 24, 2013

like if you agree dislike if you don't agree   I'm blaming it on indigestion of a bit of bad potato.  Bah Humbug! ...