A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx and MedQuist benefits questions.. - speedtyper18

Posted: Jul 28, 2011

hi all,  I am torn between WMX and MedQuist.  Can you tell me:

• Cost of Medical per pay (or month) for each level: Single / Employee-Spouse / Employee-Child / Family
    • “In-area” vs. “Out-of-area”…..any difference in price?
    • Deductible
    • How long to wait before they kick in?

I just want to make the right choice!  Thanks.

I work for MQ. They no longer have a "regular" - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
health plan. All they offer is a health reimbursement plan, which is basically not much more than a catastrophic plan. It stinks. Not sure the deductible, but it's high and yes more if out of network. NOt sure about family (maybe someone else will) but for single I pay about 160 per month and then STILL have to meet deductible before insurance kicks in. I'm not happy with this insurance at all, it's only a little better than none at all in my opinion. And all you have to do is take a peek at the MQ board and you will probably choose WMX regardless. Good luck in your decision.

Thank you KiKi - speedtyper18

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the feedback!

Kiki - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
In my 10 years at MQ, I never felt that they truly cared about/did anything for their employees except exploit us. The day I served my notice was the happiest day of my life. I do not know anything about WMX, but I can tell you this, I would pump gas or flip burgers before working for MQ again.

WMX/MQ - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Kiki I have worked for both WMX and MQ, I agree with Nick about MQ and WMX was good until the last 6-7 months or so. I left before the _____ hit the fan and am glad I did. If at all possible I would looke elsewhere. WMX was a good company for the 4 years I was then, but as I said, I would think twice about accepting a job there. Hope this helps.

Similar Messages:

Webmedx Benefits- Sm
Jan 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Webmedx benefits are any good?  I have medical issues, so I definitely need somewhere that has good medical benefits at least.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Benefits At Medquist
May 23, 2010

If you return to MQ within 6 months of leaving, do you have to wait 90 days again for benefits to begin?  Thanks. ...

Medquist Insurance Benefits
Jan 12, 2011

I have a friend who works for a local hospital, but the hospital is outsourcing the transcription to Medquist beginning in April.  So, even though she isn't happy about this, she has no choice in the matter.  One of her concerns among others is how much the health insurance is for family coverage.  I searched and the post I saw was from 2008 so it has probably changed since then.  If anyone would be so kind as to share what the cost is now and the deductible and gen ...

Webmedx Accts To Medquist
Sep 02, 2010

I think it is a shame that the accounts lost were both to Medquist - the company that screwed the MTs with line counting and pay and screwed its customers by cheating them out of millions of dollars (see Kaiser settlement of $2 million dollars last week).  These accounts are going off shore with lesser skilled labor and quality.   What is ironic is that while MedQuist continues to shrink in revenue growth from quarter to quarter, they will still pick off a few accounts from hospitals ...

Interviewing For Both Webmedx And Medquist???
Oct 23, 2010

Logged on and saw a recent post from someone saying they have an upcoming interview with Webmedx and Medquist and are wondering which is the best company.  My jaw just dropped.  Didn't Webmedx just lay off MTs?  Do I not read post after post about no work at Webmedx?  Whats up with that?  I recently joined Softscript and am so glad I did.  Plenty of work, nice people who actually treat you like a person and not just a number...did I mention plenty of ...

I've Tested For MedQuist, Webmedx And Amphion And - Sm
Feb 16, 2011

I've failed each test.  I actually passed the first set of tests for Webmedx, but then they gave me a VR test, and I've never done that before, so I failed.  I even got turned down at a local hospital.  I've been out of the field for the past 2 years taking care of my baby, so I'm very rusty right now.  I used to be a very good transcriptionist.  I've only worked from home once before.  The rest of my time has been spent working at a hospita ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Benefits For PT
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know of any companies that have benefits available for part-time, even at a cost? I love my full-time IC position, but no benefits.  I would be willing to work a part-time position and pay for health coverage, even if a majority of my pay went to covering it.  Thanks! ...

TAA Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay.  Let's face it everybody, we don't qualify for the benefits because we are not being laid off.  We are not being laid off because MQ hasn't said anything about laying us off.  I have a call in the HR, and expect to get an answer today, but do you really think MQ is just going to start giving out letters saying we are in fact going to be laid off?  Don't think so.  Everybody, STOP.  Stop hoping for benefits that will retrain us.  I' ...

Need Job With Benefits
Aug 28, 2012

Need to have a job with benefits due to going through a divorce. Any companies out there still offering, medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick time these days? ...

BENEFITS ?
Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know when benefits end if I quit or get fired?  End of month or immediate? Thanks ...

Benefits Of Becoming An IC?
Sep 19, 2013

do you prefer IC or employee status? ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

New Benefits Rate
Jan 11, 2010

I received my news benefits rate today - down another dollar from last time.  Pretty soon I won't even be getting minimum wage.  ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

Just Saw A New Ad ... .07 Cpl, Without Spaces, IC, No Benefits And Want (sm)
Jan 16, 2010

Five years experience and especially experience in basic 4.  Surely you jest! ...

TransTech Benefits
Aug 16, 2010

Hello!  I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this for me.  Could someone tell me what the employee cost of family health insurance for TransTech is?  Thanks so much!  I hate to waste my time with applying and testing only to find out the insurance is too expensive! ...

Benefits ? From Newbie
Aug 26, 2010

I got "imported" from Spheris buy-out.  Curious as to what happens w/ insurance when you don't meet min line counts.  Am OOW @ least 2 days a wk now, and yes, I punch out on time clock.  Can anyone help?  Also, has anyone taken MME test, and if so, how bad is it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Benefits?
Jun 21, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the cost of benefits are for a single person? Also, do you have 401K matching or anything like that? How much vacation after 5 years of employment? Thanks! ...

TRANSCEND BENEFITS
Dec 13, 2010

I'm a newer employee of 4 months and STILL trying to meet my full time status by making $900 a pay period. I really don't want to work more than 40 hours a week to do this. I am on BeyondTxt and about 3/4 of my work is Voice editing everyday. Can anyone tell me their experience with meeting this $900 goal? I really need benefits and am starting to wonder if this is realistic. I think there might be a straight typing platform at Transcend, anyone know about that? Of course, the pay per ...

Switching To FT With Benefits
Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know the process of switching to FT with benefits?  Do you just have to let your CCM know and she does the paperwork and switching or is it a big hassle?  I lost my medical benefits recently and that is the reason I need to go FT.  I looked in the HR section of Medquist mail but can find nothing relating to this.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

New Benefits Link
Jan 14, 2011

Has anyone been able to access their info yet?  I got another e-mail overnight saying we could do it but I still can't.  What am I missing? ...

Benefits Rate
Feb 15, 2011

Anybody know when we'll get our letters regarding our new benefits rate?  I thought it was in January, but obviously not. ...

Cashing In Benefits
Jul 18, 2011

I'm full-time with benefits.  I'd like to know if we can can be paid in cash instead of getting health insurance, dental insurance, and eye care.  Can I cash in whatever life insurance policy I have had with them for the past 11 years?  I just figured out with the new pay cut I will no longer be able to afford them, but will Medquist pay me for not getting them?  They would save on their end not having to contribute. ...

Nuance/WMX - BENEFITS
Nov 21, 2011

I understand the new benefits are lower than prior.  Has anyone figured out for 1 person if you got the medical, dental and vision what the cost would be every 2 weeks?  Thanks. ...

Benefits Of Bayscribe?
Jan 28, 2012

The company I work for is switching to Bayscribe.  I have heard people say it is easier to get more LPHs with this platform, and I really need the help with my line count. Can anyone tell me what makes it easier to get more lines with it?  I am so hoping it makes a difference for me.  ...

Health Benefits
Mar 02, 2012

As June is approaching us, I suggest that anyone who has health benefits appeal to upper management (I emailed Vern and got a decent reply) to please consider better benefits.  They way they are now, if you are a single parent with young children, this plan could be catostrophic in a way worse than if you had no benefits or job to speak of.  I am not single nor have young children but am currently in debt of over 2,000 to a health provider.  I will probably still be paying it off when we use ...

401K/benefits
Mar 12, 2012

It is nice, I suppose, for those able to participate in the 401K, and those who would gain from the benefits. There are paychecks where I have earned $8 and 9 an hour (I'm a tier 3) because of being jerked around on multiple unfamiliar accounts and crappy dictators. I recently applied for food stamps (or go hungry), and had to borrow against a small line of credit to make my rent.  All this "improvement" doesn't help me pay for just the basic high cost of living we all are struggl ...

Keystrokes Benefits
Mar 12, 2012

Can anyone provide me with info about the benefits at KS?  I know it is not actually health insurance but a "mini medical" - how about holiday pay, etc?  Thanks in advance.   ...