A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Health Benefits - just me

Posted: Mar 02, 2012

As June is approaching us, I suggest that anyone who has health benefits appeal to upper management (I emailed Vern and got a decent reply) to please consider better benefits.  They way they are now, if you are a single parent with young children, this plan could be catostrophic in a way worse than if you had no benefits or job to speak of.  I am not single nor have young children but am currently in debt of over 2,000 to a health provider.  I will probably still be paying it off when we use up that little HRA account again next year.  Honestly, I think I will die before I ever go the ER again.  Collectively we may be able to convince them that it is the only right thing to do. 

health benefits - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually ended up putting my kids on medical assistance through Medicaid. Didn't even realize I was eligible to do that here in PA until I applied for energy assistance due to our now horrific pay. I was notified they were eligible and so I took them off of my benefits (didn't even have to wait until open enrollment). Pretty pathetic and at first I was embarrassed to tears, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I notified my CCM and everyone in this company I could think of about what I had to do, no one seemed to care. No surprise there.

health benefits - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry . . . didn't even realize til after posting that we have the same screen name!!!

Horrible Health Benefits - ae

[ In Reply To ..]
They are not going to change the health benefits to anything better. This fits them just fine. I have had to join a local community clinic because I ran out of money through MModal's health insurance and I cannot afford to contribute any money into the plan. I have chronic medical conditions and one that is life-threatening without treatment. I can use up the $500.00 this plan gives us in one doctor/lab visit. Some people say this is just the way it is nowadays with companies. I say baloney. My 2 sisters have wonderful health plans, my best friend has a great health plan. This is the way it is with companies that dont give a darn about their employess, only about making a profit for the shareholders.

it is that way with other companies - nonMT companies

[ In Reply To ..]
We pay 100 a week through my husbands insurance for him and I, and we have a 10,000 deductible. Then, after that, we have to pay 80% up to 14,000, and then they cover 80% after that, so essentially we pay $5200 a year premiums, and $14,000, and then 20%. How bad is MModals???

I agree with the original poster...not ALL other companies have - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
such horrible insurance. I can think of 4 people right off hand in my family who have MUCH MUCH better insurance than this crap. Even employees at hamburger joints get better.

What really stinks is that it wasn't always like this with MQ, they used to have decent insurance and they TOOK IT AWAY. It's not like it was just always like this....they specificially decided to find something much cheaper. And you can bet your bottom dollar the suits have different and BETTER insurance than the lowly MTs.
They are probably self-insured now --- more - money for THEM.
[ In Reply To ..]
Charge huge premiums, pay no benefits until after $14,000, and pocket profits.

How bad is MModal insurance..well.. - ee

[ In Reply To ..]
It is catastrophic insurance. They give you 500 dollars in your account and that it is. Anything else you have to put in with payroll deductions. The deductible is 5000 dollars and once you reach that, they will pay 70% of your bills. So, essentially once you use up the 500 dollars, you are on your own paying ALL your doctor visits, lab visits, medications, ER visits, etc.
Obviously you cant read. Its better than what I have. - read before replying
[ In Reply To ..]
If you read the post, you would see that MModals insurance is not as bad as other companies. I pay $5200 a year for the premium and the first 14,000 in a deductible and 20% after that. MModals sounds good to me compared to that.
I did read all posts - ee
[ In Reply To ..]
I did read all the posts, not just yours. I have used MModal insurance for a few years now and IMHO, no insurance is as bad as MModal. Other companies that I have checked out have much better insurance and all my friends and family that have employer insurance have better insurance than MModal. Also, the fact that the suits/salaried/hourly workers of MModal have different insurance proves they dont give a darn about their MTs.

Similar Messages:

Health Care Benefits -- HA!
Apr 26, 2011

First I had to switch from Kaiser last year and now the new doctor I found with United Healthcare is OUT OF NETWORK and the new and only coverage sucks.  I guess it is time to go.  Any good company's out there with decent insurance?  This is pitiful. ...

Health Benefits Problem
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone had to deal with the health benefits persons for MQ?  I am now eligible for health insurance (3 months is up) and when I try to enroll, it tells me the time is up for the benefit plan and I cannot access the page to sign up.  I called the health benefits number and spoke with someone.  He told me I am locked out and he did not know why and told me he would call back.  That was 4 hours ago.  I also sent an email and no response.  I have 3 days to sign up o ...

Health Benefits For PTers
Oct 08, 2012

Know of any companies offering health benefits for PT transcriptionists?  Even if the premium is paid by the employee?  Group plans are supposed to be preferable to individual plans is my understanding. ...

Amphion Has Decent Health Benefits?
Nov 22, 2011

Can anyone share if Amphion has decent health benefits and what full-time employees must maintain to keep benefits? Thanks! ...

MModal Benefits - Health/Dental
Apr 04, 2014

I've been working for MModal for a few years but have yet to look into employee benefits. Could someone tell me what their health plan is like and what it takes to enroll? Thank you! ...

MModal Health Benefits For 2014 Email
Oct 19, 2013

I have been offered a new job, aka escape route out of MModal. Everything about the new job makes me happy EXCEPT the high premiums for their insurance plans. Can we really believe the email from a couple days ago promising that our premiums for 2014 would stay the same as they were in 2013???? What's the catch? Is it an outright lie? ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Benefits For PT
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know of any companies that have benefits available for part-time, even at a cost? I love my full-time IC position, but no benefits.  I would be willing to work a part-time position and pay for health coverage, even if a majority of my pay went to covering it.  Thanks! ...

TAA Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay.  Let's face it everybody, we don't qualify for the benefits because we are not being laid off.  We are not being laid off because MQ hasn't said anything about laying us off.  I have a call in the HR, and expect to get an answer today, but do you really think MQ is just going to start giving out letters saying we are in fact going to be laid off?  Don't think so.  Everybody, STOP.  Stop hoping for benefits that will retrain us.  I' ...

Need Job With Benefits
Aug 28, 2012

Need to have a job with benefits due to going through a divorce. Any companies out there still offering, medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick time these days? ...

BENEFITS ?
Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know when benefits end if I quit or get fired?  End of month or immediate? Thanks ...

Benefits Of Becoming An IC?
Sep 19, 2013

do you prefer IC or employee status? ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

New Benefits Rate
Jan 11, 2010

I received my news benefits rate today - down another dollar from last time.  Pretty soon I won't even be getting minimum wage.  ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

Just Saw A New Ad ... .07 Cpl, Without Spaces, IC, No Benefits And Want (sm)
Jan 16, 2010

Five years experience and especially experience in basic 4.  Surely you jest! ...

Benefits At Medquist
May 23, 2010

If you return to MQ within 6 months of leaving, do you have to wait 90 days again for benefits to begin?  Thanks. ...

TransTech Benefits
Aug 16, 2010

Hello!  I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this for me.  Could someone tell me what the employee cost of family health insurance for TransTech is?  Thanks so much!  I hate to waste my time with applying and testing only to find out the insurance is too expensive! ...

Benefits ? From Newbie
Aug 26, 2010

I got "imported" from Spheris buy-out.  Curious as to what happens w/ insurance when you don't meet min line counts.  Am OOW @ least 2 days a wk now, and yes, I punch out on time clock.  Can anyone help?  Also, has anyone taken MME test, and if so, how bad is it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Benefits?
Jun 21, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the cost of benefits are for a single person? Also, do you have 401K matching or anything like that? How much vacation after 5 years of employment? Thanks! ...

TRANSCEND BENEFITS
Dec 13, 2010

I'm a newer employee of 4 months and STILL trying to meet my full time status by making $900 a pay period. I really don't want to work more than 40 hours a week to do this. I am on BeyondTxt and about 3/4 of my work is Voice editing everyday. Can anyone tell me their experience with meeting this $900 goal? I really need benefits and am starting to wonder if this is realistic. I think there might be a straight typing platform at Transcend, anyone know about that? Of course, the pay per ...

Switching To FT With Benefits
Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know the process of switching to FT with benefits?  Do you just have to let your CCM know and she does the paperwork and switching or is it a big hassle?  I lost my medical benefits recently and that is the reason I need to go FT.  I looked in the HR section of Medquist mail but can find nothing relating to this.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

New Benefits Link
Jan 14, 2011

Has anyone been able to access their info yet?  I got another e-mail overnight saying we could do it but I still can't.  What am I missing? ...

Webmedx Benefits- Sm
Jan 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Webmedx benefits are any good?  I have medical issues, so I definitely need somewhere that has good medical benefits at least.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Benefits Rate
Feb 15, 2011

Anybody know when we'll get our letters regarding our new benefits rate?  I thought it was in January, but obviously not. ...

Cashing In Benefits
Jul 18, 2011

I'm full-time with benefits.  I'd like to know if we can can be paid in cash instead of getting health insurance, dental insurance, and eye care.  Can I cash in whatever life insurance policy I have had with them for the past 11 years?  I just figured out with the new pay cut I will no longer be able to afford them, but will Medquist pay me for not getting them?  They would save on their end not having to contribute. ...

Nuance/WMX - BENEFITS
Nov 21, 2011

I understand the new benefits are lower than prior.  Has anyone figured out for 1 person if you got the medical, dental and vision what the cost would be every 2 weeks?  Thanks. ...

Benefits Of Bayscribe?
Jan 28, 2012

The company I work for is switching to Bayscribe.  I have heard people say it is easier to get more LPHs with this platform, and I really need the help with my line count. Can anyone tell me what makes it easier to get more lines with it?  I am so hoping it makes a difference for me.  ...

401K/benefits
Mar 12, 2012

It is nice, I suppose, for those able to participate in the 401K, and those who would gain from the benefits. There are paychecks where I have earned $8 and 9 an hour (I'm a tier 3) because of being jerked around on multiple unfamiliar accounts and crappy dictators. I recently applied for food stamps (or go hungry), and had to borrow against a small line of credit to make my rent.  All this "improvement" doesn't help me pay for just the basic high cost of living we all are struggl ...