A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever tried to buy their Medquist computer from Medquist - when they left?

Posted: Jul 18, 2011

?????

They won't let you - HIPAA No No

[ In Reply To ..]
I have asked.

Why would that be a HPIAA no-no, considering how many MTs use their own - computers? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Medquist Provided Computer?
Jan 16, 2010

Does Medquist still provide a computer to transcriptionists.  If so, is there a rental fee or deposit fee?  Also,  is this only for full-time or also for part-time?  Thanks! ...

MedQuist Employee Computer Use
Jun 08, 2010

I am a new hire with MQ and they sent me a computer to use.  How strict are they on the thing about being forbidden to use it for anything personal?  It says no personal email, chat, web surfing, etc; however, I had to shut down and pack up my personal computer because I had no space for both right now, so this makes things sort of a pain for me.  I'm on here now from the MQ computer, but I probably shouldn't be.  Do they have a way of keeping tabs on that? Thanks. ...

When Leaving Medquist Has Anyone Ever Purchased The Computer?
Apr 17, 2011

Wondering if anyone heard of option to purchase computer when leaving.  Mine Medquist computer is pretty old, but faster than our others at home.  Thanks. ...

Got My New MedQuist Computer Today. Just Wonder What's Coming
Nov 02, 2011

CCM has been pretty mum about it all.  She emailed me to confirm my address for them to send it to me, said the one I have now isn't powerful enough.  Anyone have any ideas or any inside info on what's coming up? ...

Medquist HR
Jan 20, 2010

I was wondering if someone can give me the email address of human resources.  I used to work for Medquist and I left due to not having any work about a year ago.  I am looking at contacting someone someone in HR to see if I could possibly work for them again if possible.  Thanks ...

Gee, Thanks Medquist For Getting Rid Of MT's.
Feb 28, 2010

Yes, I know, THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND ACCEPT CHANGE!  That is why I am getting out of this profession and going back to school. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-launches-ehr-integration-for-dictations-associated-with-template-based-clinical-documentation-85476462.html MEDQUIST HAS THEIR OWN EPIC SYSTEM COMING OUT.  GETS RID OF DICTATION. MedQuist Launches EHR Integration for Dictations Associated with Template-based Clinical Documentat ...

Who Is New To Medquist?
Mar 01, 2010

How long did it take you to get up and running with the Q?  Why are they hiring?  I have been asked twice to test with them, but I always see NJA on this board!  Do you have plenty of work since you started, and how long has that been?  I don't want to go through the testing and hiring process and then sit there with no work available. ...

Medquist Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

I work for Spheris but was bought out by Medquist and I was wondering if anyone knows their cpl on TR and SR.   I have 2-1/2 years experience with Spheris.  THANKS!  ...

For MedQuist ASR, How Do You
Dec 09, 2010

synchronize text with speech/speech with text? I tried ctrl+M and ctrl+shift+M and nothing happens. What trick am I missing? I am trying to put yellow highlight in sync with the where I am at in the text on very long report.  Thank you ...

New To Medquist
Jan 10, 2011

Hi.  I am new to MedQuist.  Can people out there who do not hate the company please tell me if they have had a good experience or not?  So far, I am worried that I will not be able to make decent money, but I am hoping that when my speed improves, that will not be the case.  I have many, many years of experience, so that is not the issue.  Sound quality seems to be a problem, and I am finding that editing takes an inordinate amount of time.  I am a fast typist, so I ...

Job Op With Medquist
Feb 13, 2011

I currently work for a company that pays pretty much the same as Medquist.  I hardly have to deal with ESL docs and if I work my butt off I can make some decent money.  I'm very reluctant to quit my current job and work for Medquist after reading some of these posts.  I have no idea what kind of account Medquist is going to assign me to which has me nervous.  Also I'm about to be a single mom and I'm very worried about making the wrong decision.  ...

Medquist Pay
Mar 29, 2011

Does anyone know if Medquist pay is by VBC lines? ...

My Former Job At Medquist
Mar 30, 2011

Good afternoon all.  I left for SoCal in early August to care for an elderly family member and let my supervisor know about 3 weeks in advance but never heard a word from her.  I was flex-part-time.  We got back to NC about 3 weeks ago, and I'm going nuts trying to find a job.  Would you believe I received a termination notice in late October after not having worked August, September, or October?  What took them so long?  I was going to ask if anything had imp ...

If I Ran MedQuist
Jul 10, 2011

If I ran MedQuist:  Pay Rate:  No Tier 1, 2, 3.  All MQ MTs would have to be Tier 3 and paid as such.  Starting off at 9cpl with cost of living increases.  ASR rate would be paid 25% less MT rate.  25%!!!!!!!  Minimums:  Minimums will be set up at $$ amount each day, ASR or MT lines, daily minimum must me met at least 4/5 days worked and will be set at $100.00 (based on the new pay rate would be doable). Incentive:  Absolutely floors me this is a p ...

What Medquist Is Doing To Us
Jul 12, 2011

I want everyone to think about what Medquist is doing.  It does not matter what your job is for this company, they are systematically getting rid of the US employees because it comes down to the almighty dollar for this company.   It is not a US based company, the upper echelon is India.  This company sold out to its US workers long ago.  Shame on Medquist, but that is what they did.  It will not matter if we stay or go, they will be fine.  What each of us has ...

About MedQuist
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone have anything good to say about MedQuiist? ...

Thank You Medquist
Aug 12, 2011

For once again proving to me how idiotic your polices and practices are. Heads up to all those who recently left the Q employment. Be wary of your exit interview. I received a phone call from a Private No., which I foolishly answered. Someone, who first off, I had trouble understanding, asked a gazillon questions, mostly YES or NO answers, or a Good, Satisfactory, Very Satisfactory, etc., to rate the company and my employment. Naturally assuming (when I heard the word Medquist), that it was ...

Medquist Really That Bad?
Aug 17, 2011

I was rather dismayed to see all the negative comments here about MedQuist. Hasn't *anyone* had a good experience? I was all set to sign on as an FT employee benefited but decided I should check on here.   I have had a big cut in pay due to staff reduction at my current job and have to hurry up and find something else before our wallet starts bleeding too much.   Thanks for any constructive feedback you can offer.   Penny ...

Medquist CCM
Aug 26, 2011

Work for Alltype, just bought out by MQ.  Any other ppl whose company was bought out, did your previous managers come along and stay?  I have a GREAT manager at Alltype and I wonder how likely I will get to keep working with her? ...

New PC Sent To Me From Medquist -- WHY?
Oct 29, 2011

Anyone know why Medquist is sending a new PC without any advanced notification to at least expect it by FedEx? ...

WHERE CAN I GET MORE $ THAN MEDQUIST?
Dec 13, 2011

WAS EARNING OVER 12 CPL AT MEDQUIST, BUT WITH RECENT CUTS, NOW DOWN TO THE MAX OF 10.5 CPL.  CONTEMPLATING LEAVING MQ, BUT WHERE CAN I GET THE SAME RATE AT ANOTHER MTSO, OR EVEN CLOSE TO IT?  HAVE 30+ YEARS EXPERIENCE, ALL IN ACUTE CARE. ...

Medquist W2
Jan 24, 2012

Will we be receiving W2 forms Medquist in the mail? ...

MedQuist
Mar 17, 2015

When I left MM over a year ago, they were increasing the accuracy requirement to 99.7%.  I see now it is back to 99.5.  What happened? ...

Working A Second Job While At Medquist
Oct 13, 2009

Does anybody else work a second transcription job while working for Medquist?  What happens when the job you're applying for wants to contact Medquist for references?  Does Medquist frown on people having a second transcription job?  ...

Sorry, Another Medquist Question
Oct 14, 2009

I have taken the tests, had a phone interview, and the person from the phone interview said my next step was to fill out an application on line. I am confused, as I thought I had filled out an application before I took the test? Can anyone explain the hiring process steps for Medquist? This is all very new to me. I have been at the same office for many, many years and have never tried to work for an on line company before.  Any help/comments would be appreciated! ...

MedQuist And Testing
Nov 18, 2009

Is anyone here familiar with MedQuist's pre-employment testing or their pre-employment process? Does anyone know how much they pay? Thanks!! ...

HI! MedQuist Questions
Nov 18, 2009

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to test with MedQuist in the next few days. I am wondering if anyone can give me a general idea of what to expect as far as testing goes? Also, since this is my first MT job, I'm unsure how to handle wage expectations. I hope to work third shift and each weekend. Should I ask for a certain amount per line or try to negotiate a certain amount? How should I handle this? If you were a newbie who worked third shift (including every weekend), how much would you ask f ...

Is MedQuist's Platform
Jan 04, 2010

compatible with Windows 7? ...

Medquist And San Diego
Jan 08, 2010

Anyone out there that used to work in San Diego between 1990-2000?  Just wondering where everyone ended up, or if you are still working for Medquist?  ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...