A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Left Medquist (M*Modal) to work for Webmedx (Nuance). Now thinking of going back. sm - nn

Posted: Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore.

Wrote something very similar a few weeks back - on the MM board.

[ In Reply To ..]
It was more of a musing than a question but, yes, same boat--MM to WMX, thinking about going back to MM. Someone responded that s/he works for both now. Both have pros and cons and seem to balance each other out. I have been monitoring the MM board for an idea of how things are there. About ready to ask the Magic-8 ball if I should stay, go back to MM, or get out of MTing altogether. At age 50, I better make a decision soon.

I'm heading over there to read your post. sm - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
We do have something in common, even the same age! One thing I heard positive about MM is their insurance is much better than ours. I can't even afford my medications with this crappy insurance.

MM - na

[ In Reply To ..]
I heard that MM just laid off a bunch of MTs. You may want to check this out before making a move.

M modal to Webmedx - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I was in the same boat....left when Medquist took over my little company (that by the way I loved and paid me fairly)....to come to Wedmedx just December 2011. Try as I might (and I'm still trying), I cannot make a living wage at this job (and I have more than 25 years under my belt so I am not a novice) and am heading to bankruptcy court next week.

In hindsight, I probably made a mistake leaving Medquist but ... In this day and age no one knows what kind of business you are working for until it is too late.

You should - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The benefits, the pay seem to be better at MModal

Similar Messages:

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Webmedx Accts To Medquist
Sep 02, 2010

I think it is a shame that the accounts lost were both to Medquist - the company that screwed the MTs with line counting and pay and screwed its customers by cheating them out of millions of dollars (see Kaiser settlement of $2 million dollars last week).  These accounts are going off shore with lesser skilled labor and quality.   What is ironic is that while MedQuist continues to shrink in revenue growth from quarter to quarter, they will still pick off a few accounts from hospitals ...

Interviewing For Both Webmedx And Medquist???
Oct 23, 2010

Logged on and saw a recent post from someone saying they have an upcoming interview with Webmedx and Medquist and are wondering which is the best company.  My jaw just dropped.  Didn't Webmedx just lay off MTs?  Do I not read post after post about no work at Webmedx?  Whats up with that?  I recently joined Softscript and am so glad I did.  Plenty of work, nice people who actually treat you like a person and not just a number...did I mention plenty of ...

I've Tested For MedQuist, Webmedx And Amphion And - Sm
Feb 16, 2011

I've failed each test.  I actually passed the first set of tests for Webmedx, but then they gave me a VR test, and I've never done that before, so I failed.  I even got turned down at a local hospital.  I've been out of the field for the past 2 years taking care of my baby, so I'm very rusty right now.  I used to be a very good transcriptionist.  I've only worked from home once before.  The rest of my time has been spent working at a hospita ...

Webmedx And MedQuist Benefits Questions..
Jul 28, 2011

hi all,  I am torn between WMX and MedQuist.  Can you tell me: Cost of Medical per pay (or month) for each level: Single / Employee-Spouse / Employee-Child / Family “In-area” vs. “Out-of-area”…..any difference in price? Deductible How long to wait before they kick in? I just want to make the right choice!  Thanks. ...

M*Modal And Medquist
Sep 16, 2011

What do you make of the merger between these 2 companies?  I have worked on M*Modal before and loved it but have never heard anything but bad things about Medquist.  ...

M*Modal = MedQuist?
Feb 15, 2012

So, I take it MedQuist is now M*Modal?  I was about to apply, but I think not! ...

I Know M*Modal Is The New Name For Medquist But
Sep 18, 2012

Reason I'm asking is this company I am applying to says something about signing on to M Modal. ...

Medquist/modal
Oct 03, 2012

I would love to know something about Medquist, now MOdal.  I have tested several times and even though got a high score did not get in?  what is their deal?  LP ...

Medquist/M*Modal Merger
Jul 12, 2011

So now Medquist and M*Modal are merging. Wonder what this is going to mean for all of us working for companies that utilize M*Modal. Now I understand why WMX sold out to Nuance. Seems to me no one wants to hire Medquist because of their terrible quality so now they are swallowing up competitors platforms and bullying their way into accounts. They have already stopped allowing other companies to use their DocQScribe platform. Interested to know anyone else's thoughts. ...

Medquist Now M Modal. Very Interesting!
Jan 24, 2012

. ...

Don't Be Fooled, MedQuist Is Now M-Modal
Jan 27, 2012

We MTs logged in on Tue and lo and behold...everything Medquist is now M-Modal. Wonder why they decided to change the name (not).  Just an FYI to any job seekers. ...

Left M-Modal A Year Ago
May 30, 2013

office.  I used to come back to this board all the time.  I find I come here less and less.  It has been a while, but I notice everything seems exactly the same and once again I am glad I made the choice I did.  Keep looking for jobs and take them no matter if you do have to get dressed and drive to an office and pack your lunch.  It is worth, worth, worth it.  Sorry for those still struggling and those who have NJA.  I really am.  Been there.  ...

M-Modal Is Getting Worse Since Medquist Bought The
Aug 19, 2011

company.  I think I would be so ashamed to be associated in any way with this program that I would consider quitting.  I know they make money, but the garbage they are turning out is the poorest quality I have ever seen.  I thought they hired an MLS to be on their staff, but obviously she is not or does not know anything about transcription.  The owners certainly do not care as long as they get their money.  There is no way to get any speed with editing on that platform ...

Medquist/M Modal..how Long Does Hiring
Mar 13, 2012

the hiring process take.  What is the time frame from the time you apply to the time you type your first report.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Left And Come Back
Oct 23, 2012

Has anyone ever left MModal or Medquist and returned?  I left on good terms and gave my 2 week notice and worked it.  I know, I know why do I want to come back?  Well, I was hired at a job and its just not working out.  I know MModal had its issues, but they are the only place I've worked for since I started transcription. Yes, I intend to get out of this profession.  But for right now I need something coming in while looking to get back into school. TIA ...

So, Is This Correct, M-Modal Is A Medquist Product...or Confused?
Dec 05, 2011

I have gathered that there is a connection from info on here that M-Modal is part of the medquist group... and also Epic... which is pretty much the death march for us and work...of all the things that scare me... Epic is the worst, as far as taking the work from us.  FAST!! ...

Medquist M*Modal Bought My Employer Today
May 18, 2012

Medquist just bought the company I work for today. Do they do IC or employees? I know there is a lot of stuff out there on Medquist, and I tend to believe it, but does anyone have; how long before volume of work goes down on your account (presumably shipping lines over to the motherland Indian), and when does pay get adjusted downward (this ALWAYS happens in mergers, I have seen it twice). What is the transition period of time before they take the reins, essentially. I have heard for over a deca ...

How Long Does It Take Modal To Get Back To You If You Got A Ticket Number. I Had A Problem
Apr 19, 2013

and called last evening and still have not gotten called back. ...

Pt W/ Suspicious Lesion On Left Upper Back. We Did An (spells Out E-y-e- Excision"...
Nov 30, 2009

Thanks so much!!!! ...

Webmedx/Nuance Have Seen Ads For Both???
Sep 08, 2011

I know Wmx was bought by Nuance, but are the 2 companies not blended?  They each doing their own hiring?  ...

With Webmedx/Nuance, Is Anyone
Sep 22, 2011

I know it seems like a silly question these days, but I really do need to know based on something that was said (not here).  If not, what would you estimate an average hourly salary is with this (these) company(ies)? ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Questions For Nuance And Webmedx MTs
Jun 27, 2011

WMXers, those of you who use VR, are you continuing to use Wmx's program for now?  Are you being told whether you'll eventually move to Nuance's product? Is Nuance's VR program Dragon?  How well does it work?  Nuance put out Powerscribe which is a terrible program so I'm wondering whether Dragon (or whatever else they may use) is more efficient. ...

WEBMEDX BOUGHT BY NUANCE
Jun 21, 2011

God help us all. ...

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

Webmedx/Nuance Combination ?
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone work for Webmedx and happy there?  Doesn't sound like there have been many changes yet with their buyout by Nuance.  Are you having enough work (or on a fairly regular basis)?  I know this varies by each area, but in general are most of you keeping out of the soup lines? If you hire on PT to try it out, can you switch to full time or do you have to wait so long? Is second shift the better shift to get more steady workflow? What is the difference in hiring on w ...

Webmedx Changes From Nuance To Start
Nov 02, 2011

Changes to start November.  Anyone have an idea what we might expect?   ...

Webmedx/Nuance Question
Nov 15, 2011

It seems like lately no matter what account I am working on I am left with only the hardest to understand dictators and/or jobs with bad audio quality. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I find it hard to believe that there are only ESL doctors at all 5 of the accounts that I work on. I'm sure there must be some good dictators somewhere, but I don't get them anymore. Anyone also notice the quality of ISR is absolutely pitiful? Getting more frustrated by the minute here. Jus ...

Question For Webmedx/Nuance MTs
Jan 24, 2012

How many of you received the bonus for last pay period? I did not because my QC percent was too high (was told there was an error in how this was calculated and that the bonus would not be in this check due to this error but would be paid at a later date). ...