A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx Accts to Medquist - angry white man

Posted: Sep 02, 2010

I think it is a shame that the accounts lost were both to Medquist - the company that screwed the MTs with line counting and pay and screwed its customers by cheating them out of millions of dollars (see Kaiser settlement of $2 million dollars last week).  These accounts are going off shore with lesser skilled labor and quality.  

What is ironic is that while MedQuist continues to shrink in revenue growth from quarter to quarter, they will still pick off a few accounts from hospitals that want the cheapest rates and put up with the lowest standards - convincing themselves they will be the exception to the rule when it comes to offshore issues and problems.

While painful to anyone who has lost a job, the good news is that in the near future - these accounts will be replaced and surpass the volume lost and at higher rates than Medquist "bought the business" with.  That means a healthier, long term company and more stable workforce, while Medquist races to the bottom with lower and lower skilled and paid workers.

Other than being forced to pay the bills, why anyone would work for Medquist domestically as they move more and more offshore is beyond me.  No-one takes their car to be repaired at the place that was just on the 6 oclock news for scamming car owners !

Your beef should be with Medquist's and their settlements over improper billing, improper pay and stated goal to move as much work India as possible while using US MTs to prop them up when needed.

Plus, MQ moved in on smaller MT companies! - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yup, I've been bit by the Q working for a small company - Still trying to rebound 2 years later!

[ In Reply To ..]
I would normally be saying good for the MQ MTs as their workload is going to be picking up but chances are the work will be going offshore and the poor MQ MTs will still be sitting there with NJA and the poor WEB MTs are definitely without work.

I work for neither of these snakes and I'm so angry right now for all the MTs and QAs. I so feel their pain.

Great Post Angry White Guy!

you said it! except - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
one can't pay the bills working for MedQuist any more. I am gonna be cheering when hospital boards wise up and see how much quality is suffering and they lose all their customers. I worked for them for over 10 years and what they've done in the last 2 years borders on criminal.

I've lost faith in the health care system since it seems they no longer care about quality.

I think we should be outing them to their clients, - and pushing for in-hospital MT work.

[ In Reply To ..]
As long as the fox (MQ and the like) is in control of the henhouse, we're all gonna be headed for the fricasee pot.

So you'd really rather see... - snowbird

[ In Reply To ..]
You'd really rather see a (for-profit) hospital as fox to the MT henhouse?

Talk about jumping out of the fricasee pot and into the fire.

Well, that's to be expected from for-profit medicine - (Good Post, Angry White Guy)

[ In Reply To ..]
Only fools ever expected anything else.

Plus, let's not forget all facilities struggling for survival these days are being forced to settle for less. St. Rose Dominicans is a non-profit religiously supported system trying to care for one of the fastest expanding populations in the country. They've been cutting back everywhere else, including even laying off nurses and shorting themselves on supplies, so hoping sloppier but cheaper transcription through MQ will work is just part of finding a way to make it all work.

Similar Messages:

Interviewing For Both Webmedx And Medquist???
Oct 23, 2010

Logged on and saw a recent post from someone saying they have an upcoming interview with Webmedx and Medquist and are wondering which is the best company.  My jaw just dropped.  Didn't Webmedx just lay off MTs?  Do I not read post after post about no work at Webmedx?  Whats up with that?  I recently joined Softscript and am so glad I did.  Plenty of work, nice people who actually treat you like a person and not just a number...did I mention plenty of ...

I've Tested For MedQuist, Webmedx And Amphion And - Sm
Feb 16, 2011

I've failed each test.  I actually passed the first set of tests for Webmedx, but then they gave me a VR test, and I've never done that before, so I failed.  I even got turned down at a local hospital.  I've been out of the field for the past 2 years taking care of my baby, so I'm very rusty right now.  I used to be a very good transcriptionist.  I've only worked from home once before.  The rest of my time has been spent working at a hospita ...

Webmedx And MedQuist Benefits Questions..
Jul 28, 2011

hi all,  I am torn between WMX and MedQuist.  Can you tell me: Cost of Medical per pay (or month) for each level: Single / Employee-Spouse / Employee-Child / Family “In-area” vs. “Out-of-area”…..any difference in price? Deductible How long to wait before they kick in? I just want to make the right choice!  Thanks. ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

Too Many Accts!!!
May 27, 2011

Only done 11 jobs this morning, but on 6 different hospitals!  How are we ever supposed to gain a rhythm? ...

Starting New Accts
Jul 01, 2010

I was just wondering how hard is it to find new accounts in order to do medical transcription out of your home?  Just about anyone that I have contacted has the new EMR or they already have someone doing their transcription. ...

Are All WMX's Accts On Enterprise?
May 23, 2011

Any on Meditech or something else? ...

What Companies Have Accts That Use Dictaphone? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

nm ...

Transcend Peds Accts
Feb 07, 2011

For those working on the Transcend Peds accounts, especially the newest one, are you finding enough work to fill your shift? ...

How Many Transcend MLS Are Off Primary Accts
Nov 19, 2012

to make my production now and don't know what to think.  What is going on here?   Is this going to be the new trend?  Impossible to get a straight answer and my gut is telling me this just the beginning.  Should I be looking for a new job? ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

4 Different Accts, 8 Hospitals, No Work
Feb 05, 2015

TT IMEDX ...

What's The Word On Landmark Oncology Accts
Apr 05, 2012

I see they are advertising for oncology but thought I read recently there was no work. Anyone currently work there that can shed some light on the subject? ...

Rotating Seamlessly And Effortlessly Between Accts
Apr 16, 2012

Well, good luck with that. If my regular accounts are out of work (because some other MTs seamlessly and effortlessly rotated on and it's all caught up), great. I'm at my scheduled post Monday morning and I'm expected to seamlessly and effortlessly rotate to an unknown, unfamiliar account. I'm expected to spend my time reading the exhausting and incredibly detailed acct specs for this new account, and produce. Have any of you *decision makers* actually sat and read any of t ...

Nuance - Bayscribe Accts LOW VOLUMES
May 05, 2014

It used to be January was a slow month on Transcend/Nuance Bayscribe accts but for the last 3 months the work has been nearly invisible.  They want you to make the LPH, and hour hours, but the work is not there.  I anyone else seeing this?  What have you heard from your TSM.  Worried! ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...