A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Interviewing for both Webmedx and Medquist??? - Working Steady

Posted: Oct 23, 2010

Logged on and saw a recent post from someone saying they have an upcoming interview with Webmedx and Medquist and are wondering which is the best company.  My jaw just dropped.  Didn't Webmedx just lay off MTs?  Do I not read post after post about no work at Webmedx?  Whats up with that?  I recently joined Softscript and am so glad I did.  Plenty of work, nice people who actually treat you like a person and not just a number...did I mention plenty of work?  They are also totally domestic, no off-shore.   Maybe it would be smarter just to keep this to myself, but I am not afraid of this company overhiring. 

Quit Webmedx - You can take this job and...

[ In Reply To ..]
Beware. If you like sitting around eith no work and being considered lower than dirt then good move. You can take the jobs of those leaving. There may be lots of openings as more jump ship.

Enough! Working steady, seek advice from people doing well. - Note others for further consideration only. Pragma

[ In Reply To ..]
There are many reasons people are not doing well throughout the industry, and anyone guided by the negatives won't identify a single company worth applying to.

It really riks me - memt2

[ In Reply To ..]
It really irks me if they are hiring again, according to the labor board in my state regardless of where they are based they are supposed to offer positions to laid off employees before hiring anyone new. I will be calling the labor board on Monday morning and requesting they investigate this. I have lost my income, my health insurance, my life insurance so they can cut corners and now are hiring again? This really irritates the heck out of me and probably others who were laid off.

sorry it doesn't rik me, it irks me - memt2

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Well, it RIKS me, which means I am SO irked - I am backwards. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
irks me - cookie
[ In Reply To ..]
I asked a questions of how the company was to work for.. etc. as lookging for new job. I had no idea about lay offs, etc. now on the site someone ran with the notion that they are hiring and not calling back old employees.

Thanks for responding know to look elswhere, had no clue they laid off and have no work. WAS NOT MEANT TO START THIS KIND OF RUMORS...............
Thanks cookie - Appreciate you clearing that up
[ In Reply To ..]
Webmedx used to be a very good company indeed, but of late it is struggling like many MTSOs (we believe, anyway, those of us who work there don't get a lot of information, not sure why that is). If it gets back on track again I am sure you will find out. This board has a lot of complaints, but I do think you hear some good things too, but right now there seems to be precious little to recommend this company or indeed many others. Disappointing if you are looking for a job (which I may be doing soon if they have another layoff).
In Reply to: irks me - cookie
[ In Reply To ..]
I was scouting other services and got pretty muchs same response. Is just a sad field anymore, used to be good field to work in.

Are you SURE your labor board requires them to call you, Memt2? - Very unusual practice except for union employees.

[ In Reply To ..]
If all the people who threatened to file complaints with their labor boards actually did and them came back to report what happened, we'd all be a lot more informed (and posts by people thinking they had a case would mostly disappear.)

BTW, if you don't like the way employee rights have been pared down by big business influence over the past 30 years, don't forget to vote for people-friendly representatives.

Untrue - MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
If you lay off employees, you are supposed to get them off the dole and bring them back to work. She would have a case if they don't offer her a position first. Most definitely NOT only for union employees. Believe me, I spent 2 years sitting across from an employee I no longer wanted but couldn't seem to get rid of without them throwing her back in my pond.
No. In the vast majority of states this is NOT the case. Plus, - who was actually "laid off"?
[ In Reply To ..]
We've been throwing that term around here a lot. I'd guess close to 100% of the "layoffs" reported lately were actually terminations of employment. Why put yourself in a position of HAVING to rehire anyone, even when you know you'd want to?

They don't have to contact you specifically but you - can apply again. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

documenting - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
The problem I see in all of this is that we hear of a friend of a friend, or vague comments that Webmedx is hiring. I looked on the community page and no jobs were listed, which does not mean that they are not hiring, but we need facts, not some vague allegation. So, if anyone actually is getting interviewed for job positions with Webmedx, it would help to get it documented with facts, and yes please if anyone learns specific state laws involving this, please do post them!

Where is this post? Can you link it? Webmedx is not hiring. nm - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

They sent me an email. - Monday

[ In Reply To ..]
In the email was a link to test so I guess they are hiring.

So they ARE hiring??? - Unbelievable. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

How can they be hiring after they just laid off so many people? - Honest question - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
They only laid off around 20 people, and they just signed new business.nm - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

don't go with either one - MTMom

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a complainer, but don't go with either one. This is from experience. WBX has no work, literally and MQ is an Indian company now and I really don't think they care a whole lot about US employees. This is from experience.

That was probably a fake post by the company - Huge layoffs and tons have quit but STILL NO WORK

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll notice like one of the responses to your post, that WebmedX trolls the boards to try and dispell all the TRUTH about what is going on, how crappy they are treating their employees, and the lack of work suddenly over the past month, even post layoffs and mass exodus.

Similar Messages:

Interviewing With Medquist Tomorrow.
Jan 10, 2011

Interviewing with Medquist tomorrow.  Good or bad idea to take position if offered?   ...

Webmedx Accts To Medquist
Sep 02, 2010

I think it is a shame that the accounts lost were both to Medquist - the company that screwed the MTs with line counting and pay and screwed its customers by cheating them out of millions of dollars (see Kaiser settlement of $2 million dollars last week).  These accounts are going off shore with lesser skilled labor and quality.   What is ironic is that while MedQuist continues to shrink in revenue growth from quarter to quarter, they will still pick off a few accounts from hospitals ...

I've Tested For MedQuist, Webmedx And Amphion And - Sm
Feb 16, 2011

I've failed each test.  I actually passed the first set of tests for Webmedx, but then they gave me a VR test, and I've never done that before, so I failed.  I even got turned down at a local hospital.  I've been out of the field for the past 2 years taking care of my baby, so I'm very rusty right now.  I used to be a very good transcriptionist.  I've only worked from home once before.  The rest of my time has been spent working at a hospita ...

Webmedx And MedQuist Benefits Questions..
Jul 28, 2011

hi all,  I am torn between WMX and MedQuist.  Can you tell me: Cost of Medical per pay (or month) for each level: Single / Employee-Spouse / Employee-Child / Family “In-area” vs. “Out-of-area”…..any difference in price? Deductible How long to wait before they kick in? I just want to make the right choice!  Thanks. ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

Interviewing
Aug 16, 2010

Hi.  New here.  Was wondering if ya'll knew about these companies, pros/cons to work for.  I have interviews scheduled this week with Softscript and DSG and know next to nothing about both.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing Soon And Nervous
Oct 01, 2010

I have an interview coming up and I am a little nervous.  I have not had an interview in years and I don't know what to expect.  The last two times I had interviews with an MTSO, they did not really interview me but instead just told me about the account and wanted to know what shift I wanted to work. For those of you who have been interviewing recently, what was it like?  What questions can I be expected to answer.  Thanks. ...

Interviewing Tomorrow A.m.
Oct 19, 2010

I'm interviewing tomorrow morning with Amphion.  Even after all of these years in the MT business, I admit that while I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous.  Has anyone else interviewed with Amphion recently and can clue me in on what to expect?  I was told the interview process would take about 30 minutes but no other details.  Thanks for any input anyone can offer :-) ...

Interviewing With Softscript.....what's The SCOOP!
Oct 19, 2009

Interviewing with Softscript.....what's the SCOOP!  TIA! ...

Amphion - Thinking About Interviewing With Them
Feb 04, 2011

I am thinking about interviewing with them. Does anyone have any info they could share with me? Thanks. ...

If An Employer Interviewing You Asked For Your
Mar 25, 2012

This story has been popping up in the news lately, and I find it very distressing!  How low will a company stoop to find a way to practice hiring discrimination?  Imagine yourself interviewing in an office or on the phone, and they ask if you use Facebook, Twitter, etc., and request you to hand over your password!  Would you do it?  I sure hope not!  Most likely I would lose my cool and laugh in their faces, but still no way would I ever do that.  WHAT an invasion ...

I'm Actually Interviewing With Another Company During This Call
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

Got A Call From Axolotl Today About Interviewing
Sep 30, 2010

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing. Have heard good things in the past, but saw they were just acquired by another company. Any current employees with advice? Pay rates/platform? Is it straight MT or do they have VR also? Affordable benefits? Would appreciate any information. Comfortable(ish) at current job, would hate to leave and then have transcription phased out or pay cut. Thanks in advance for any info! ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Comparison Of ASR With Webmedx And MQ.
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone else working for/or have worked for both who has noticed a difference in the quality of the ASR on one as compared to the other.  I may be crazy, but I think I make far fewer corrections to the ASR on MQ work.  Maybe just lucky, but I tend to be a mouse user  (I know - shame on me, but I am getting better) and I find my right hand lets me know when I have been using the mouse more. ...