A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TT/IMEDX "Merge" was March 2014. - Thoughts?

Posted: Feb 11, 2015

I am not up on my business particulars, but when this "merge" - ahem - took place March 1 (I think) of last year, could all contracts have been resigned for a specific period of time, say 1 year, or did contracts just continue as is until they were up, more than likely ending on various dates? 

Could we be looking at our 1 year anniversary where all contracts come to an end?  Are there legalities that go along with a 1-year period for employees?  Employer tax breaks?

There is at least one account that the managers have been saying is being watched closely by the client through this month, which also coincides with that date.  Then, is it a good way to let us go with it being the MTs fault b/c we could not handle the work on this acct (all of a sudden after years and years).

Just throwing out some ideas....seems like a LOT of accts all gone within the last two weeks, all just a few weeks before the one year anniversary of us finding out we had "merged." 

Thoughts?

tt/medix merge - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
Bet I know one of the accounts you are talking about. almost wish they would lose it - but that would put a lot of people out of work. I looked at my line counts from a year ago, and it was really slow on my 2 main accounts then, too. But I was still making more money because I flexed when there was no work, rather than trying to struggle through this account. Looked into phone sex operators once - they make $40,000 a year. Now, there's the ultimate at-home job. Don't know if I could do it without laughing, though.

Are you allowed to say hurry up and get it over with? - LOL!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

TT/imedx merge - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
To be serious, I try not to think too hard about it. Don't feel like losing sleep over something I only have so much control over. I'm just squirreling away money as much as possible and trying to come up with different backup plans in case I get kicked to the curb again.

Don't you think part of what is going on now is:
1. People don't have the money for elective surgery until they meet their deductible, so aren't coming in?
2. Most of us don't have any PTO time built up enough yet to take time off, so there are more of us trying to get 40 hours in a week.
3. The fact there will be less dictation to go around anyway, since the hospitals have to get their EMRs up and running.

I wouldn't think all the accounts' contracts would be up on the same day. Would all depend on when they were acquired. But can't say never.

The one account I'm thinking of that is currently being watched, there was a lot going on at the time. i was putting in bonus time on the account - noticed a lot of reports that were 3 to 4 weeks old, so doctors waited till the last minute to dictate.

Another factor would have been the fact there were a lot more people off than would have been normally, trying to use up vacation time rather than lose it, thanks to imedx. So, that made a lot of accounts short staffed. It's not that people weren't working - there were only just so many to go around, and MTSOs seem to forget - we are humans, not machines that can work 24 hours a day.

No, that is not what is going on. - Accounts are being taken or opting out

[ In Reply To ..]
... of iMedX. It is historically slow in February, yes, but that's not what is happening now. In the years I've been with TTMS, I've always managed to make up the slow work one way or another by clocking in off my schedule, but there's no work when I do that now even.

The clients that have left or have been taken over by imedx --- all those MTs suddenly out of work have been placed on other accounts, thereby taking work away from those people who worked those accounts as their primary.

I've been through too many of these buyouts - and I can promise you... it has nothing to do with the weather and everything to do with the other clients that are gone - and everyone is now swooping in like vultures... all on one account now.

Similar Messages:

Nuance And IMedX Are Involved In Talks To Merge.
Mar 11, 2014

I heard from a good source that Nuance and iMedX are currently involved in the details of a merge. Hang onto your hats MTs. I had a sense that something was very fishy with iMedX and their relationship with "former" Nuance suits. ...

North Merge
Jan 18, 2010

Seems to me that the "new and improved" North area was a ploy to dump us all back in the cesspool.  In 8 hours, I had only one job from my primary (which is not off-shored).  I just LOVE reading one CP after another!  ...

S1/S2 To Merge Of Scalps???
Jun 26, 2011

I heard "heart regular rate and rhythm normal. S1/S2 to merge of scalps" Is that right? This is for the review of systems of a 3-month-old baby. ...

S/l March Saline Sutures???
Jun 10, 2010

Whatever they are, they are attaching a skin graft to the mandible.  Thanks! ...

SO...anyone Get Arrested In The March...hmmm? NM
Oct 26, 2011

x ...

Uniworx To Merge With Viva
Feb 18, 2012

Anyone on here currently working for Uniworx? I'm curious as to your thoughts of the merger with Viva. I'm having a hard time with getting on the new email account they set up for me (sometimes I can get in, other times it tells me that my username doesn't exist).  I thought maybe if anyone that peruses this site works for Uniworx maybe we could all share our thoughts together of the merger, yet still be anonymous and feel safe about it. MTs working at home don't have th ...

No Bonus For Last 2 Days Of March....
Apr 10, 2013

On the timesheets they presented today approval they didn't have the QA payroll bonus for the past week. Don't I remember they told us everyone was getting it for the first quarter...which would have technically ended 3/31? I've sent an e-mail to my supervisor and manager asking as I don't want to sign off if they're trying to pull one on us and "forget" to give it for those last 2 days of the quarter which of course was in a different pay period. Will let you know wha ...

Probity-Nuance Merge
Feb 11, 2014

Any comments from present or former employess or either Probity or Nuance?   ...

Another Morning No Work. CSM Says Will Be Better Middle Of March,
Feb 21, 2013

Guess we will have to wait and see.  Tuesday 3 hours of work because of doctor's appointment and could not make up time if there was any work.  Today second job, cannot make up time.  All morning no work.  Will have to work more hours at second job I guess.  Retail, not guaranteed hours but better than what I am getting at MModal.  ...

Nuance Bonus For Qtr Ending In March ?
Mar 18, 2013

Did I totally misunderstand or are we being grandfathered in for the bonuses of the 1st quarter to help with adjustment to the new rating system where an error in a short report is a KILLER? ...

I Think The Company Heads That Merge With Transcend Are Lied To As Well. Sm
Nov 25, 2009

I did not blame the company I worked for for selling out to Transcend as I figured they were told the same thing we were told, which was that nothing would change and their transcriptionists would be treated fairly.  I think when things do change you can't blame your old company for that since they are probably surprised by it all just like you are. ...

Anyone A Little Worried And Frustrated With The Ingenix/Axolotl Merge?
Oct 06, 2010

I have been with this company for a while now and completely loved Ax before this merger happened.  I just wondered if anyone else was feeling really stressed out and out of sorts because of all of the changes taking place?  So many things are up in the air.  Too much stress.  ...

What Was The Reason For The Transcend/Nuance Merge Or Buyout?
Mar 10, 2012

Are they saying its because of technology reasons? ...

New Graduate March 2013 And Unable To Find A MT Job
Aug 24, 2013

I would like to know how anyone who graduates from Career Step and can not find a job for a MT...I am a graduate of March this year however not with honors. But still every job I have read you need three years experience or more. Very upset all the money put out for extensions, etc and it was a waste of life and time.. Any suggestions on places who give graduates a chance?? ...

Anyone Answer Ad Posted In March For Company STAT Transcription, Inc--be Aware
Jun 14, 2013

I sent my resume in and just heard back last week asking if I was still interested. She sent a brief little word document with some account specs, cpl and paydates--no contract, HIPAA agreement, etc. I did three voice files the first day. She sent back a copy of my transcription, supposedly with corrections, but there were no QA markings or corrections. I did 15 voice files the next day and again she sent back a copy of my transcription with no obvious corrections. I asked her how I was sup ...

2014 EHR MANDATE
May 17, 2012

Has anyone heard what the specifics are for all medical records being EHR by 2014?  I am currently transcribing, no VR, and this would hugely affect my job.  After 28 years in this profession, I never thought I would be in this position at age 50.  I'm just sickened.  I just want to work, I HAVE to work, and feel I am just, along with everyone else, in a horrible spot.  I don't have any college education and if I lose this job, I have no idea what I will d ...

Best Way To Charge In 2014
Jul 21, 2014

Hi - I was just contacted by a neuropsychologist I worked for years ago in the office, about transcribing reports for him from home.  I have scoured the boards and I did not see anything current about what to charge. I live in western PA.  He says the reports are somewhat repetitive. If you charge by the page, does that mean half a page is the same price as a full page? I thought by the page would be simplest for calculating what they owe, but not sure.  Setting up how to receive ...

What Happens When Obamacare Starts In 2014?
Apr 02, 2011

I was wondering what my fellow MTs think is going to happen starting 2014 when Obamacare kicks in.  I had read an article in the NY Post a while back that 74% of MDs surveyed plan to work part time, retire from medicine, or go in a new direction careerwise.  Do you think we'll see a decrease in work available, even SR editing work?  Do you think that if a great amount of MDs cut back or retire from medicine that would cause our profession to lessen in demand? ...

How Will The Increased Level Of A&P Be Used In 2014 With ICD-10?
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know exactly why ICD-10 will require a greater knowledge of A&P? What else are we going to need more of? Why? ...

If You Are Working A Platform Other Than DEP, By 2014, All Will
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

New QA Standard January 2014
Sep 23, 2013

They are now going to require 99.6% up from 99.5%.  Oh yeah.  How is this going to go?  Looks to me like a lot of us will be out.  Is this even humanly possible?  Maybe I should be a weatherman.  They can be wrong 50% of the time and keep their jobs.  HA. More stress for us.  It makes me physically ill anymore.  Too much stress. ...

Yikes, April 2014 And Windows XP
Dec 06, 2013

Who besides me has an Mmodal (and personal) XP system.  Apparently Microsoft will no longer be supporting this after April 2014.  What will we be doing for security? ...

Windows 7 And Mmodal And April 2014
Dec 23, 2013

I recently freaked when I found out MS was not going to be supporting XP after April 2014...I have a personal XP system and an Mmodal XP system. My supervisor said Mmodal would support XP after that; don't know what that means, but she will not let me exchange my Mmodal XP for a Windows 7 machine. I bought a Win7 laptop on Ebay.  So far, so good.  There are some new and some manufacturer refurbished still out there.  Also if you look on the Dell.com website, you c ...

DOES NEW QUARTER FOR FIESA START 01/01/2014?
Jan 01, 2014

Can't find this info anywhere ...

Amphion Line Rate As Of 2014
Feb 01, 2014

Can anyone tell me what Amphion pays per line for acute care transcriptionist with 30 years experience?  And, do they still only pay based on a 65-character line with no spaces paid for?     ...

Electronic Medical Records Become Very Hot Since They Will Become Mandatory By 2014
Dec 22, 2009

How many amongst you have used any of the popular EMRs like practice partner(http://www.practicepartner.com),infraware (www.infraware.com). EMRs have suddenly become very hot since they will become mandatory by 2014. I had read some where that there are some security issues with them.What do you think are pros and cons with EMRs?     ...

MModal Health Benefits For 2014 Email
Oct 19, 2013

I have been offered a new job, aka escape route out of MModal. Everything about the new job makes me happy EXCEPT the high premiums for their insurance plans. Can we really believe the email from a couple days ago promising that our premiums for 2014 would stay the same as they were in 2013???? What's the catch? Is it an outright lie? ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

HCPCS 2014 Brings Two New Codes For Pain Management Effective July 1
Aug 12, 2014

The latest HCPCS code update that went into effect on July 1, 2014 is important for pain management practitioners and coders since it modifies the way you report some morphine and propofol administrations. Read more.. ...

LOL! I Just Heard March 31, 2015 Is "Quit Your Crappy Job" Day!
Dec 03, 2014

I'm not even kidding ... there is actually a "day" for quitting our crappy job.  Here's our chance, guys! ...