A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HCPCS 2014 Brings Two New Codes for Pain Management Effective July 1 - George

Posted: Aug 12, 2014

The latest HCPCS code update that went into effect on July 1, 2014 is important for pain management practitioners and coders since it modifies the way you report some morphine and propofol administrations. Read more..

Similar Messages:

Pain Management Anyone?
Jul 30, 2012

Dictated:  Lumbar transforaminal epidural injection.  Use "Magnahist."  He says it clearly enough.  On search, I get a few sites for "MagneHis" but not enough information to confirm. Any help appreciated, thank you. ...

Pain Management Drug Help Please
Nov 02, 2009

Dictated .... "I am going to try her on s/l Ambeta, Anbeta, which is a slow release morphine at 30 mg." TIA ...

Pain Management Meds
Apr 20, 2010

We will order the s/l P5C_____ which contains lidocaine 10%, ketamine 2%, s/l bif-o-caine_____2%, amitriptyline 5%, gabapentin 4%, ...

PAIN MANAGEMENT: SOAP R TEST??
Feb 25, 2010

Learning a new acct and not familiar with pain management.  S/L SOAP R TEST.  Appreciate help on this.  Thanks.   ...

Moderator, Where Did The Post Go Concerning The Job Ad For Pain Management MTs? (sm)
May 06, 2010

Just curious if you were able to confirm that it is a legitmate ad since the company's web site states different and the job ad remains on the board.  Thanks so much!!! ...

Pain Management Post On Job Board
May 06, 2010

just want to know what's up with that job post on the job board.  I've sent my resume twice and came back as undeliverable.  I got so excited because I have experience with PMs.  Now I'm disappointed.  Any thoughts?- tx, nw ...

Questions For Coders/billers RE Pain Management
Oct 28, 2010

Are there any billers/coders out there who specialize in pain magement, ie, facet injections/aspiration and lavage, etc, for outpatient pain management physicians? I have questions about documentation needed for injections and such with the 'add on codes', for example with the injections, there are codes for the first level then additional codes for second and subsequent levels. Is it necessary for every single charge to have a report on it? It's causing severe headaches for the ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...

This Is For Radiology. Is It SNI Codes Or DSNI Codes.
Dec 19, 2009

are codes usually listed as - 123.45 or 12345 since he doesn't say. ...

ICD-10 Codes Replacing ICD-9 Codes
Jul 14, 2012

Good morning all, I am a long-time MT considering medical coding as a new career as I love the medical language profession and do not want to leave, however, keeping a long-time MT job that makes money I can live on is becoming almost nonexist. By sheer luck, I met a manager of a small clinic that offered me a medical coding entry level job $16/hour with medical insurance paid for in full for a family. Only thing I have to do is pass the exam and become certified. She had to become ce ...

She Brings With Her A Very Good Detailed Consultation Notes And Other Medical Records From The Air F
Oct 28, 2009

She brings with her a very good detailed consultation notes and other medical records from the Air Force including evaluation at the S/L FEZDA. ...

99.7 Effective Now
Jan 20, 2014

Nice knowing ya'll ...

How Is .02 CPL Cost-effective? (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

I don't think many with experience would accept .02 CPL.  I would imaging this forces MTSOs to train newbies.  I'm sure they have to pay QA far more than .04 CPL to correct and go over the work.  Even if they did pay QA only .04 CPL to do this, they are paying at least .06 CPL total.  By the time the new editor is sufficiently trained to go off 100% QA they have had more than enough time to realize that they will never make a living doing this kind of work, the lies ...

Resignation Effective Immediately
Jun 07, 2014

I have handed in my resignation effective immediately. I am so tired of hearing these foreign doctors, failing my audits and working every darn weekend. I have had enough. No, I don't have a job but I am hopeful and I will be getting my husband's SS soon. I just can't take this BS anymore. ...

The Tax Loopholes HAVE BEEN CLOSED Effective 2011!!
Aug 26, 2010

The bill has finally passed.  It is not illegal for companies to offshore, it is just not so profitable for them to do so.   ...

Update On Resignation Effective Immediately Molleycat
Jul 08, 2014

Hi everyone! Last month, I posted on here that I resigned effective immediately. I had had enough of the crappy ESL doctors, the audits, the poor VR, etc., etc. I just want everyone to know there is hope. I found out today that I will be getting my husband's SS with a lump sum at the end of this month and monthly payments starting in August. The payments may be more than what I originally thought. I have also put out about 40 resumes and have only gotten one bite. that one bite is a ...

* Imedx Reduces Bonus Incentive Effective Now
Feb 12, 2015

Email just sent, welcome to the beginning of the very end..... ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

July 4th
Jul 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me if July 4th is a holiday and Q with 'extra' $ for working ...

4th Of July
Jun 02, 2010

Does anyone have off on Monday July 5th since the 4th is on Sunday?  ...

How Does Ahdi Want July 4th?
Aug 30, 2010

When a Dr is dictating about "July 4th" is it correct to say July 4th? or should it be transcribed as July Fourth? ...

4th Of July Premium Pay
Jul 08, 2012

Did anyone receive holiday premium pay from Transcend side for 4th of July?  I did not receive any holiday bonus for working 8 hours that day. ...

Retiring In July!!!!!
Apr 29, 2013

Taking a 25% cut in social security from my husband and semi-retiring in July.  Will be making almost as much off social security as I am now making at MModal.  Going to work at my part time job until I turn 65.  I can still earn 1260 a month without losing any social security.  Yeah!!!!!  If I did not have credit card bills to pay I would not have to work at all but I am not sure I would like not working.  ...

Bonus On July 31
Jul 17, 2013

Be interesting to see if I qualify for this.  I got one last time, but it seems like every one of my reports is being audited and they are marking off for such stupid stuff and 0.25 adds up after awhile.  Everything from invalid blanks to "failure to flag"  Something has definitely changed over the last few weeks, never has it been like this before.  I have always had 99 to 100% but I can't seem to even get to 98% now what with all their mark offs.  So stupid. ...

Bonuses For July?
Jul 08, 2014

Does anyone know when the bonus checks go out for the 99.5% April-June period?  I never had one before so never paid attention lol ...

2014 EHR MANDATE
May 17, 2012

Has anyone heard what the specifics are for all medical records being EHR by 2014?  I am currently transcribing, no VR, and this would hugely affect my job.  After 28 years in this profession, I never thought I would be in this position at age 50.  I'm just sickened.  I just want to work, I HAVE to work, and feel I am just, along with everyone else, in a horrible spot.  I don't have any college education and if I lose this job, I have no idea what I will d ...

Best Way To Charge In 2014
Jul 21, 2014

Hi - I was just contacted by a neuropsychologist I worked for years ago in the office, about transcribing reports for him from home.  I have scoured the boards and I did not see anything current about what to charge. I live in western PA.  He says the reports are somewhat repetitive. If you charge by the page, does that mean half a page is the same price as a full page? I thought by the page would be simplest for calculating what they owe, but not sure.  Setting up how to receive ...

High Quality, Cost Effective And Customer Focused - Words That Spell Exploitation. . .
Nov 06, 2011

Am I the only one that feels this way??? Tell me, please, how do they expect us to make a living when they are paying squat to keep their cost of service down?? T ...

Is July 4th A Paid Holiday Nm
Jun 30, 2011

aa ...

Is 4th Of July A Day Off (holiday) For MTs? I Cannot Find It
Jun 28, 2012

New here.  Cannot find list of holidays on the intranet.  What is the policy for fourth of July?  Thanks in advance. ...