A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yikes, April 2014 and Windows XP - The Typing Dead

Posted: Dec 06, 2013

Who besides me has an Mmodal (and personal) XP system.  Apparently Microsoft will no longer be supporting this after April 2014.  What will we be doing for security?

Security - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You probably will be getting a new PC (Windows 7) because there will be no more security patches from Microsoft. I just got a new PC at work, my employer gradually phased out all of the XP boxes. My home PC is Windows 7. My XP home computer still works but I'm not using it. If M-Modal's platforms are not compatible with Windows 7, they will need to upgrade.

I know they MM is compatible with Windows 7, - The Typing Dead

[ In Reply To ..]
but all I can find to buy are Windows 8 systems. Win8 is apparently designed primarily for use with tablets, i.e., no mouse or keyboard.

I guess they made this along with Bing since apparently a lot of people no longer know how to read. Oh my.

Windows 7 - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Try Dell - I was on their web site yesterday and they are selling Windows 7 systems. You can also buy used/refurbished Windows 7 systems almost anywhere, or have one custom built.
re: XP - metoo
[ In Reply To ..]
An OS migration may be possible. This is what many hospitals are doing with their XP systems. They are hiring people/sending them to classes to perform the migration. Migrations, if feasible, can be performed and one can keep all the old information (favorites, files, etc.) and transfer it to the new system (same computer hardware). Sounds complicated but really is not.

Similar Messages:

Windows 7 And Mmodal And April 2014
Dec 23, 2013

I recently freaked when I found out MS was not going to be supporting XP after April 2014...I have a personal XP system and an Mmodal XP system. My supervisor said Mmodal would support XP after that; don't know what that means, but she will not let me exchange my Mmodal XP for a Windows 7 machine. I bought a Win7 laptop on Ebay.  So far, so good.  There are some new and some manufacturer refurbished still out there.  Also if you look on the Dell.com website, you c ...

Yikes!
Apr 23, 2012

Ok, so I've been spoiled. I was one of the few MQ employees that was only recently transferred to voice wreck from a transcription only account. After 2 weeks of MINIMAL training, I was thrown to the wolves practically without any assistance to master "the beast".  After these 2 weeks of training, I'm BARELY producing 1200 lines per day...and realize I need to be producing 2400 a day to achieve a lower limit of the salary I WAS achieving. Yes, I've been spoiled. My question i ...

YIKES! NJA
May 07, 2014

Have not had this for qiute some time.  Hope it starts to trickle in soon.  Hate using PTO for NJA. ...

Yikes, Sure Took Them Long Enough.....sm
May 04, 2011

I had taken Medgarde's test back in January of this year. Got an email TODAY with a questionnaire, which was the next step in the hiring process.  I DO have a job, out of the home but hey, weekends would be doable. Certainly couldn't hurt ...

YIKES...bilateral Mammary Hypertomy?
Nov 09, 2010

Please help, bilateral mammary hypertomy?  Anyone hear of that? ...

Yikes. EWord Claims Their Prices Are Equal To ILP.
Mar 31, 2014

I did not bother testing as the stated compensation was $0.005 per word. This is the equivalent of about $0.05 per line and a little over $1 per page (single spaced). ...

It Is April 1
Apr 01, 2013

So much for the trolls ...

Please Add An APRIL Tab
Apr 09, 2013

Sent First Report Since April 1st To QA (It Was Really Bad)
Apr 15, 2010

Was a horrible ER doc mumbling all over the place.  Nothing in a "previous note" would help that.  So I sent it, expecting the worst.  Just wanted to report that the QA filled in the 7 blanks, labeled them all "dictator effect" and scored it 100%!!  Yeaaaaaaaa.  QA been getting a bad rap lately.  Thought I would brag on them for a change.    ...

April Layoffs
Jul 24, 2013

I was laid off April 4th.  Supervisor was sorry she had to make the call as there was no problem with my work.  Had been with company 16 years and worked 7 days a week, third shift, split shift, part time.  It is all working out though, collecting unemployment and in school thanks to TAA.  Everything is paid for: books, tuition, supplies and if school is 50 miles from home, a gas allowance is available.  UE office said I could attend any college I chose and that thi ...

To Those Of You Who Are ICs, Do Any Of You Get Refunds Next April?
Mar 08, 2015

Hi all, I'm sure I'm asking a dumb question, but I just left an employee position to be an IC.  The last time I was an IC I held out 25% of my wages in a savings account, didn't pay quarterly, and my husband's refund went all to taxes, plus I had to pay more than what I had saved up.  Not happy campers.  My husband is an employee, making much more than I (about 2-3x more), and I'm not sure how to pay quarterly to ensure that he still gets a refund at the ...

Where's April And Early May?
May 11, 2015

Why isn't April showing up in the Archives?  I don't see anything from about May 1-5 either.  ...

I Wish Those Laid Off From April Till Now
Aug 15, 2013

Care to elaborate on some things.  I'm trying to figure out a pattern to the layoffs.   When were you let go? What tier level? Higher end of tier pay or lower end? What region? How many hours? Was it a state that they had to pay up to 4 hours? There has to be a pattern to all of this, and it could help those of us hanging by a thread. ...

Lockout Starts For Our Region April 7th-FYI
Mar 29, 2010

Just got the email today regarding the swap board and lockdown of schedule. ...

2014 EHR MANDATE
May 17, 2012

Has anyone heard what the specifics are for all medical records being EHR by 2014?  I am currently transcribing, no VR, and this would hugely affect my job.  After 28 years in this profession, I never thought I would be in this position at age 50.  I'm just sickened.  I just want to work, I HAVE to work, and feel I am just, along with everyone else, in a horrible spot.  I don't have any college education and if I lose this job, I have no idea what I will d ...

Best Way To Charge In 2014
Jul 21, 2014

Hi - I was just contacted by a neuropsychologist I worked for years ago in the office, about transcribing reports for him from home.  I have scoured the boards and I did not see anything current about what to charge. I live in western PA.  He says the reports are somewhat repetitive. If you charge by the page, does that mean half a page is the same price as a full page? I thought by the page would be simplest for calculating what they owe, but not sure.  Setting up how to receive ...

Beginning April 1 The Percentage Score Goes From 99.6 To 99.7, Just Got The Email. NM
Mar 20, 2014

NM ...

What Happens When Obamacare Starts In 2014?
Apr 02, 2011

I was wondering what my fellow MTs think is going to happen starting 2014 when Obamacare kicks in.  I had read an article in the NY Post a while back that 74% of MDs surveyed plan to work part time, retire from medicine, or go in a new direction careerwise.  Do you think we'll see a decrease in work available, even SR editing work?  Do you think that if a great amount of MDs cut back or retire from medicine that would cause our profession to lessen in demand? ...

How Will The Increased Level Of A&P Be Used In 2014 With ICD-10?
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know exactly why ICD-10 will require a greater knowledge of A&P? What else are we going to need more of? Why? ...

If You Are Working A Platform Other Than DEP, By 2014, All Will
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

New QA Standard January 2014
Sep 23, 2013

They are now going to require 99.6% up from 99.5%.  Oh yeah.  How is this going to go?  Looks to me like a lot of us will be out.  Is this even humanly possible?  Maybe I should be a weatherman.  They can be wrong 50% of the time and keep their jobs.  HA. More stress for us.  It makes me physically ill anymore.  Too much stress. ...

DOES NEW QUARTER FOR FIESA START 01/01/2014?
Jan 01, 2014

Can't find this info anywhere ...

Amphion Line Rate As Of 2014
Feb 01, 2014

Can anyone tell me what Amphion pays per line for acute care transcriptionist with 30 years experience?  And, do they still only pay based on a 65-character line with no spaces paid for?     ...

Electronic Medical Records Become Very Hot Since They Will Become Mandatory By 2014
Dec 22, 2009

How many amongst you have used any of the popular EMRs like practice partner(http://www.practicepartner.com),infraware (www.infraware.com). EMRs have suddenly become very hot since they will become mandatory by 2014. I had read some where that there are some security issues with them.What do you think are pros and cons with EMRs?     ...

MModal Health Benefits For 2014 Email
Oct 19, 2013

I have been offered a new job, aka escape route out of MModal. Everything about the new job makes me happy EXCEPT the high premiums for their insurance plans. Can we really believe the email from a couple days ago promising that our premiums for 2014 would stay the same as they were in 2013???? What's the catch? Is it an outright lie? ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

HCPCS 2014 Brings Two New Codes For Pain Management Effective July 1
Aug 12, 2014

The latest HCPCS code update that went into effect on July 1, 2014 is important for pain management practitioners and coders since it modifies the way you report some morphine and propofol administrations. Read more.. ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...