A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance and iMedX are involved in talks to merge. - messenger

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

I heard from a good source that Nuance and iMedX are currently involved in the details of a merge. Hang onto your hats MTs. I had a sense that something was very fishy with iMedX and their relationship with "former" Nuance suits.

Could MModal also... - ThingsThatMakeYaGoHhhhmmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
be a part of this? It seems odd that MModal is now offering training for coding to its MTs and then a 2year contract to stay "no compete" (per boards). Isn't iMedX heavy in the coding aspect of healthcare? I just think it is odd that all of these changes are happening at the same time. Just throwing it out there as an observation - could be completely off base.

hmmm, indeed. Could be possible. - messenger

[ In Reply To ..]
Since iMedX has two higher ups that are from MedQuist (now MModal) and Nuance. The perfect storm may be brewing in the industry.

Can you give initials or hints as to these two higher ups? - TY...N/M

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I think Keystrokes might be in that mix, too. sm - hmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have it from a very good source that a few higher-ups at KS were wearing Nuance badges at HIMSS, and that they have been in talks for a while.

What is going to happen to this industry? I was hoping that a few would make it without selling out but I guess not. Maybe some of the MModal accounts will go to small companies?
sm RE KS - Mandy
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think KS would do that - at least not wear those badges. KS is still acquiring new accounts even as of this week. Does your source work at KS?
Here are the names you requested. - messenger
[ In Reply To ..]
Christopher Foley, CEO (formerly VP Medquist).
Jeff Hopkins, VP Engineering (formerly senior positions with Nuance)
Patti Clemens, US Transcription Operations (formerly Medquist new client implementation)
See the link for more staff.

Similar Messages:

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Probity-Nuance Merge
Feb 11, 2014

Any comments from present or former employess or either Probity or Nuance?   ...

What Was The Reason For The Transcend/Nuance Merge Or Buyout?
Mar 10, 2012

Are they saying its because of technology reasons? ...

TT/IMEDX "Merge" Was March 2014.
Feb 11, 2015

I am not up on my business particulars, but when this "merge" - ahem - took place March 1 (I think) of last year, could all contracts have been resigned for a specific period of time, say 1 year, or did contracts just continue as is until they were up, more than likely ending on various dates?  Could we be looking at our 1 year anniversary where all contracts come to an end?  Are there legalities that go along with a 1-year period for employees?  Employer tax breaks? There is at ...

If Your Doctor Talks To You
Sep 10, 2010

Do you feel compelled to talk back out loud?  I have a new doctor that talks to me, and if he says thank you, I find myself saying "you're welcome" out loud!  He also asks questions, as in, "did I remember the vitals" and I say "no you didn't".  My dog kind of looks at me funny, like, are you talking to me?  ...

Help!! Can't Understand..she Talks Way Tooo Fast
Oct 23, 2009

PHYSICAL EXAM VITAL SIGNS: Blood pressure 112/80, weight is 155 lbs and height is 5'6" GENERAL APPEARANCE: Is well developed, under no additional apparent distress. HEART: Regular rate and rhythm, no murmurs. NECK: Carotid, no bruits bilaterally orientation ___ are normal fundi with short disk margins 2 full visual fields greater at 346 ___ are intact, no nystagmus, EYES: Pupils equal, round, reactive to light. Patient walks to the right occasionally. She has trouble getting starte ...

Which Is Better -- ImedX Or Nuance?
Apr 25, 2012

I am training at Nuance right now, but have been offered a position at ImedX.  Would you stick with Nuance or do you think ImedX is better.  I am not worried about making a lot of money at this point.  Just want a little spending money on the side.   Seems kind of discouraging working at Nuance from all the negative posts.  Seems like there are many unhappy campers at Nuance -- too bad for them.     ...

IMEDX - TTS - Nuance
Dec 23, 2014

I see complaining and complaining on these companies a lot in the last few weeks/months, but I dont understand it.   First you are offered pennies on the dollar and then fuss about no Christmas gift.  (duh if they cant pay a decent wage, what makes you think they will splurge on a gift).  Then repeatedly people come on here and warn you about taking a job with these companies, and yet you do it anyway and then all i see are vents and people upset with their job.    C ...

IMedX Versus Nuance
Feb 06, 2014

I have been offered a position with both companies and I have heard some really rough things about Nuance and was wondering if anyone had the choice between these two which one would you choose? ...

IMedX The New Nuance? I'm Afraid So
Aug 29, 2014

After 20+ years in the industry, I've seen a lot of changes, but these big companies take the cake. They all want to be the big dog and think that eating up smaller companies, dropping everybody's wages, and sending the work to India and generally becoming a company that MTs ran from should be a goal or something to be proud of. Sure, boast that your company made 50+ million dollars last year and then tell your MTs in the same breath that they are not worth paying. As if one Nuance wer ...

NJA Has Become Rather Involved An A Lot Of Work.
Aug 31, 2014

File Remedy ticket. Wait for incident number (usually fast, though) Enter incident number on time card Create PTO work availability "request" Wait for "PTO" to be approved. Now you can finally approve your time card. Send NJA notice to schedule compliance so I won't get one of those nasty "you did not comply with your scheduled hours" emails. Find a way to "make up" hours. Oh, and don't forget to get the NJA paid time correct on the time card -- 0.1 hours (6 minutes). ...

What All Is Involved With Being An Independent Contractor
May 21, 2010

I would like to know what all is involved with being an independent contractor.  I have been toying with the idea a lot lately but have no clue what needs to be done or what is required of me.  If anyone could give me some insight into this, I would so truly appreciate it.  Thanks... PS:  I have been an MT for over 20 years so not new to the scene but always figured employee status was better.  ...

What All Is Involved In A Phone Interview/screen?
Jul 20, 2011

For MQ? ...

Does Anyone Know What Is Involved In A VA 'low Risk" Background Check? Sm
Jan 27, 2011

Apparently anyone doing VA work has to have one.  Is it strict?  I am not proud of it, but I had a DUI about 20 years ago -- would that be something that would keep me from transcribing for the hospital?   Thanks. ...

North Merge
Jan 18, 2010

Seems to me that the "new and improved" North area was a ploy to dump us all back in the cesspool.  In 8 hours, I had only one job from my primary (which is not off-shored).  I just LOVE reading one CP after another!  ...

S1/S2 To Merge Of Scalps???
Jun 26, 2011

I heard "heart regular rate and rhythm normal. S1/S2 to merge of scalps" Is that right? This is for the review of systems of a 3-month-old baby. ...

Uniworx To Merge With Viva
Feb 18, 2012

Anyone on here currently working for Uniworx? I'm curious as to your thoughts of the merger with Viva. I'm having a hard time with getting on the new email account they set up for me (sometimes I can get in, other times it tells me that my username doesn't exist).  I thought maybe if anyone that peruses this site works for Uniworx maybe we could all share our thoughts together of the merger, yet still be anonymous and feel safe about it. MTs working at home don't have th ...

I Think The Company Heads That Merge With Transcend Are Lied To As Well. Sm
Nov 25, 2009

I did not blame the company I worked for for selling out to Transcend as I figured they were told the same thing we were told, which was that nothing would change and their transcriptionists would be treated fairly.  I think when things do change you can't blame your old company for that since they are probably surprised by it all just like you are. ...

Anyone A Little Worried And Frustrated With The Ingenix/Axolotl Merge?
Oct 06, 2010

I have been with this company for a while now and completely loved Ax before this merger happened.  I just wondered if anyone else was feeling really stressed out and out of sorts because of all of the changes taking place?  So many things are up in the air.  Too much stress.  ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

Any MLSs Involved In The So-called "In-Touch Program"?
Oct 14, 2014

Out of reportedly 2000 contacts, there has to be at least one of them here, right? ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

Imedx?
May 07, 2012

Anybody have any words about this company, good or bad? ...

IMedX
Jul 02, 2012

Was just informed that my current employer has merged with  iMedX.  Does anyone know anything at all about this company? ...

IMedX PTO
Mar 03, 2014

My company has been acquired by iMedX. How much PTO do we get? Thank you. ...

IMedX Pay
Jul 17, 2014

Has anyone else  who works at iMedX noticed that pay is usually less than the invoice? This is a consistent occurrence for me. ...

Imedx ??
Jul 18, 2014

What info does anyone have on imedx? Good and bad ?  Thank you  ...

SGS/IMEDX
Jul 31, 2014

What we were told is that it was a "partnership".  They were just described to us as a new HR company taking over our HR Department.  I hadn't heard anything about people getting layed off, but it doesn't surprise me.  We just elected our health benefits with United Health Care and now they want us to they want to choose health plans all over again with Aetna!! ...

TT/Imedx
Dec 19, 2014

Things are just too quiet. So many problems, and I feel like they just quit talking about them.  No more mention of shutting down TT e-mail, etc.  I agree with a poster below who stated she feels like she works for a nonentity.   I realized today I haven't even seen an e-mail from DH in a month.  Starting to wonder if even she jumped ship or was told to get off the ship.   ...

TT/Imedx - How Many W2s? Not That I've
Jan 19, 2015

I was lucky enough to get out of MT and TT/Imedx just before Christmas.  I can't remember how many payroll companies there were last year and how many W2s to expect.  Guess I'm just trying to block out the whole experience of TT/Imedx!  TIA ...