A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So I turned in my resignation due to lack of work - - meezer

Posted: Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough money, where is all the work I was told they had, blah, blah, blah.  Then she sent me another email stating how sorry she was to hear I was leaving and that she tried to reach out to me, but I didn't respond.  Hello - THERE IS NO WORK!  How is responding to her stupid emails going to create work for me?  She's ticked off!?  I can't pay my rent this month!  I am so pissed and I really want to respond back to her and give her an earful, but not sure if I should go that route or just let it go. Damn these arrogant people!  BTW, NOT ONE WORD FROM THE OWNER - nada, nothing. 

I don't blame you! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I would acknowledge that the email was sent to you, but do it in this way - calmly "reply all" so they know you saw what she said, but comment that you had discussed this exact problem 3 weeks earlier via email with the AA, it wasn't solved, and thus that is why you had to give your notice.

Meezer - No work

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you should respond and attach a copy of her e-mail to the owner stating she is "ticked off", along with a copy of the e-mail discussing the lack of work. They think we are stupid - throw it back at her and see if she replies.

TTS? - Sounds exactly like 2 people I know

[ In Reply To ..]
TTS is so crazy and it is so like them to get angry at the MT. Plus they are extremely arrogant. Owner leaves the dirty work to her friend and assistant.

How do you make this about TTS, sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
from the above post? Firstly, we hardly ever run out of work, and if we do, they are right on it training us on a secondary account!! Secondly, why do you have to manufacture a reason to bash this company? For your own mental health, you should let go of whatever is eating you.

Totally agree with Anon - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I love TTS, no problems whatsoever. They leave me alone to do my work. I receive my weekly QA with any errors which I make note of and keep working. I get my pay on time and I work my schedule. If for what ever reason, I cannot work, I email them and get nothing but a nice response from them and they leave me alone.

I have experience with TTS. I know they - run out of work and the dynamics there

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you in denial? Why do you suppose they CONSTANTLY are looking for MTs?

Don't worry about my mental health, worry about those who seem to have their head in the sand when it comes to the real TTS.
I know for a fact the work load on my particular - account has just increased, needing more MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
might be why. Just told this past week about how on just 1 account we were taking on this hospital's (we had this one already) H&Ps, consults and the like.
They CONSTANTLY run ads. Turnover is the reason - the company is not growing
[ In Reply To ..]
Been and done that. Know people who have quit because of lack of work as an IC and micromanagement where MTs are treated like a child who needs constant direction.
If all do not have the same experience you had - do you think it might be
[ In Reply To ..]
you? I never have any trouble with them. I work, they leave me alone, I get my pay, all sugar and spice.
Lots of people have had the same experience - Of course it has to be the MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
It couldn't possibly be the management. That is TTS mantra. If something is wrong, it is the MTs fault.

Thank you - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
Same here. I have no problem whatsoever. I do my job and they leave me alone. There have been a couple of occasions that I have fallen below their requirements but I just got a phone call from very nice supervisor and gave me some hints and was very nice and that was it. They are a very good company to work for
I can tell you this - Snow Bunny (the original)
[ In Reply To ..]
The current ad is probably running because they just landed an account and are looking for 25 MTs. At least, that's what I was told.

Maybe they run ads all the time because they are expanding.
Who gave you that privileged information? - The ads are constant not sporadic
[ In Reply To ..]
No one has ever divulged specific company information regarding landing accounts.

NEVER EVER.
Thru an email just learned about taking on - more work on a particular account
[ In Reply To ..]
so not sure where you are coming from.
Wrong. I was also told when I was hired that one acct is - expanding and another coming on. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
no ostrich here sm - Snow Bunny (the original)
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe those who have had problems with the company are those who feel they're supposed to edit things (the AAMT mindset); all that superiority is coming back to bite people in the tush.

Bring it on!
Who is getting bit in the tush? - Sounds like TTS is.
[ In Reply To ..]
It's pretty apparent TTS has made many enemies. I don't even know what you are talking about regarding AAMT mindset and superiority. Are you talking about MTs?

In any case, the only people I see getting bit in the tush is TTS with their constant search for MTs as evident in their constant ads on this site and other MT sites.
TTS defender- are you getting paid to defend TTS? - wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you defend them so strongly. If someone doesnt like TTS, then let them dislike. The more I see you defend makes me wonder why. The same thing has been said by many different people. TTS will tell you theirself that they have a high turnover. They cannot keep people. Period. Dot. End of story. Whatever the reason, TTS doesnt work out for majority of the people. Of course they will have enough work to not ever run out because they cant keep people on the accounts. They are horrible. Enough said.
Not pulling the ole you must be in management - now it is getting paid to defend
[ In Reply To ..]
I think the same about people who constantly bash TTS, wonder why they couldn't make a go with them, lack of knowledge, not able to produce like they should, inexperienced, bad attitude so you see this works both ways and some can like it they want.
Companies are like singers - Snow Bunny (the original)
[ In Reply To ..]
Some have their followers (for whatever reason) and others can't stand them.

YMMV.

IT IS NOT TTS! nm - meezer

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My advice is to avoid TTS because it sounds - like the company you left.

[ In Reply To ..]
Live and learn.

do you have copies of the e mail chain with - the AA where you talked about it

[ In Reply To ..]
Reply to the email she sent your boss and accidentally sent you and attach copies of those e mails wherein you discussed the lack of work.

It's very possible that the boss doesn't know that you had those conversations with her. I was in that same position with Transform or whatever they call themselves now and had been dealing with the woman who was training me who was the "assistant" to the team lead and when I went above everyone's head and complained, the team lead acted like this was all new information to her.

I would definitely reply back to her email that she - included you on in error noting

[ In Reply To ..]
her incorrect statement and clarifying what actually had transpired. If she realized after it was sent that you were included in error, she's probably hoping you didn't notice or see it.

TTS - Question mark

[ In Reply To ..]
FYI, I had an interview set up with TTS about a month ago, and the interviewer never called. After reading the comments here, and with my own limited experience, I'm glad they didn't call. It doesn't sound a very organized company to me.

You might not have had what they wanted, lack of - skills, not enough experience

[ In Reply To ..]
Why does it always have to be "their" fault? You said it yourself "own limited experience." I have worked there for years and you apparently did not fit their requirements.
TTS obviously has a huge turnover. - Ever wonder why?
[ In Reply To ..]
They lose MTs for a combination of bad accounts and truly loony micromanagers who do not respect the work the MTs do.
You misunderstood me - I was referring to
[ In Reply To ..]
my limited experience with TTS. I have almost 28 years of transcription experience, hardly a limited experience.
You are dealing with a crabby management - person trying to put out TTS fires
[ In Reply To ..]
No sense in trying to reason with illogical people who need remedial reading classes. That is so typical of TTS and proves my point. It is always someone else who is at fault and never management.
I quoted just what you posted, did not put my - words there, you did
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would you say limited experience with TTS in the first place? You were trying to hire on there so naturally there would be "limited experience" with TTS as there was no experience but that is not what you posted.
The poster was perfectly clear. I understood - limited experience with TTS
[ In Reply To ..]
Not in the MT field. Her experience with TTS is limited and after reading posts on MTStars she is happy her experience with TTS was limited.

Got it? The trick to reading posts is understanding the entire context instead of a phrase. This allows you to know what she meant by limited experience.

Perhaps a nap?
Just unable to make it, that is lack of - experience
[ In Reply To ..]
From her post: "After reading the comments here, and with my own limited experience, I'm glad they didn't call."

How you can get anything other than limited experience I have no clue.

As far as a nap, no thanks, I sleep as late as I want, no kids around to bother me, work part time only, have lots of time for me.

I understand English very well, thanks anyway for trying to show an adult how to read something when it is not there.
In CONTEXT here is the posters full comment - Read carefully
[ In Reply To ..]

Posters full comment:   FYI, I had an interview set up with TTS about a month ago, and the interviewer never called. After reading the comments here, and with my own limited experience, I'm glad they didn't call. It doesn't sound a very organized company to me.

TRANSLATION: The poster had an interview set up BUT the interviewer never called (that is her limited experience with TTS).  After reading comments regarding TTS here, she's is glad the interviewer did not call because it does not sound like a very organized company to her.  Laughing

At this point you took something out of context to switch it to suit your TTS agenda and it does not make you look very smart to try to twist and turn a person's words to defend TTS (or you truly cannot comprehend her statement).  In any case I can only think the only person who is dumb enough to try to twist and turn a person's words to suit TTS would be a dumbazz or shady TTS management person,  if not the owner.

Amen ! Point on! Glad someone finally said what I have tried to say - yipee
[ In Reply To ..]
It is not just one person saying this. There are several out there saying the same things and only 1 or 2 people trying to defend TTS. I can see trying to defent but to go out and accuse people of not having enough experience or saying the person doesnt have the good enough skills is crazy. TTS manager needs to try to rebuild their reputation instead of trying to put the blame on MTs. They need to look at the managers and look at what they are doing and figure out why it isnt work and fix it!
Maybe MTSO had a feeling and went with it and - did not call back. Intuition. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Maybe MTSO should not schedule appointments - they do not intend to keep.
[ In Reply To ..]
Surely they reviewed the OP's resume prior to contacting her.

TTS is a rude disorganized company run by crazy people who do not respect the MTs. That is evident by the lack of courtesy in scheduling an interview and not getting back to the MT. It is TYPICAL of TTS owner and assistant. That is why there are constant ads for help.

So your theory is there is some super smart person who decides by "intuition" that they should not interview an MT after they invited an MT. And common courtesy has no place in this decision?

You belong in TTS management. Tell Linda to give you a job at the top. Twisting and turning, shady and sneaky is the name of TTS game. And you admire this behavior?
And maybe elephants can fly. If apt was set up, it should have been - canceled or honored
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no connection to TTS, but common sense says that management by definition should be responsible (i.e, professional) in honoring appointments or canceling them if they had an "intuition." :-/
Elephants CAN fly. Just stick em on a plane. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Why is everyone on this board so freaking RUDE?! - seriously
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never seen such a concentration of so many mean-spirited women doing everything they can to put each other down and kick them once they're down there.
I do believe that some people lack reading skills - and want to defend TTS
[ In Reply To ..]
Some shady stuff going on with TTS defenders attacking another MT or suggesting she is lying. Can't figure out why. I can figure out I want nothing to do with TTS if this is an example of their behavior, their employees and if the management is posting these attacks it falls right into what other posters have been saying about the company.
Not even 30 minutes later, knew to good to be - true
[ In Reply To ..]
I find it hilarous that people tend to yell management (as I was saying in my posting above about 30 minutes prior to yours) when they cannot find anything else to say.

I personally do not care if no more are hired on there, more work for me. We are asked constantly if we want overtime. Yep.

are you kidding me? - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
It's one of the most organized companies I've ever worked for.

I'm totally baffled at all the negative feedback 'cause I have none at all.

And for the record, more often than not they are sending email out to everyone working on the account asking them to PLEASE jump on board and try to help.

Lack of work is something that rarely, if ever, happens.
Maybe the no lack of work is because another - MT was micromanaged and left
[ In Reply To ..]
TTS has always had negative feedback and always has ads looking for MTs. Put those facts together and buy a clue.
Disgruntled ex-Mts, and expanding accts add up - for me. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Why are MTs disgruntled and why do they leave - TTS is the question.
[ In Reply To ..]
TTS accounts are "expanding" because of turnover.
More work for me - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
Please don't throw me in the briar patch. HEHE.
Usually MTs are disgruntled and leave cause they dont have the - chops to do the job and SM
[ In Reply To ..]
don't like being told what they are doing wrong, again, and again, and again.....
Delusional - micro mismanagement of TTS
[ In Reply To ..]
It all starts at the very top and trickles down to assistant and supervisors.

Constant turnover is caused by the above. To blame MTs is clearly TTS management style.

so why is TTS so much harder to work for? if that is the case - tired of TTS cheerleaders
[ In Reply To ..]
if they cant handle the work at TTS, that means they would not be able to work anywhere else. Why is TTS so much different that someone cant "handle" the work?

Transcription is transcription. Either you can do it or you cant. If you cant make it at one company, then you would not make it anywhere.

You need to quit making assumptions about the MTs.
I agree. I think disgruntled TTS MTs posting here are - probably not the best of the best SM
[ In Reply To ..]
and probably have worked for many different MTSO. It seems just a few are here running down TTS. There are always going to be those, in any profession, who are just right on the fringe of being good. I think those people having more trouble than others staying at any job. I think that is who is running down TTS.

Of course, we will hear how they have worked for XXX MTSO for 15 years and they are the best of the best.
TTS has LOUSY MANAGEMENT AND OWNER - who do not care about MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
The insane management is the difference between TTS and other companies. It is not the "disgruntled" MTs who are on the "edge of being good" who are complaining. I have never been on the edge of being good at anything. I am good. That is why TTS hired me. My background and my references were EXTREMELY GOOD.

It is the owner and her manager who are the problem with TTS. They aren't even on the edge of being good but are clearly on the edge of incompetency.

Would that be Landmark - Depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
just wondering :(

lack of work/resignation - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
My MTSO owner always blames the MT for any problems that come up, low on work, why didn't you call? problems with connection, you should have called, etc. I always feel like saying, you mean I should call before I even know there is a problem! Geez, I am calling about low work and get told all the time to just keep checking. After 100 times hearing that, I quit calling. I think it is the new way to manage. I've seen it in-house too. So frustrating.

Similar Messages:

JLG - Resignation
Mar 08, 2011

Can anybody share their experience when they left JLG?  Did you give a 2 week notice and did they let you work or did they shut you out right away?  ...

Resignation
Apr 03, 2015

Does anyone know if it is still customary to give 2 weeks' notice when you resign from a job.  I think I have had quite enough of MMODAL.  ...

MM Resignation Inquiry?
Feb 08, 2012

I wonder if MQ/MM does a follow-up inquiry after a person quits, to find out why.  Does anyone know? ...

Who To Send Resignation To?
Sep 20, 2013

I just got a call that I am hired for a job that I interviewed for yesterday (YAY!).  My question is besides my CCM or whatever her title is now who else do I copy on my letter of resignation?  And where do I find their names because I don't know who is above her.  Thanks in advance!  P.S. If you are looking for a job just don't give up.  I've been looking for 3 years! ...

Anybody Ever Sent A Tell-it-all Resignation Letter?
Oct 21, 2014

s ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Letter Of Resignation - VR Style.
Jul 09, 2013

This was just too funny not to share!  :) To Wombs it May Concerta: I would like to deworm you cat eye am resounding from my apposition from the nuisance Company effective repeatedly. Thank you for the rapport of tougher impunity that you improvised me during my torture with your company.  If I can be of any resistance during this opposition, please field free 2 fret me know.   I would be graduate to dismiss you any day I can. ...

Post Resignation Interview
Dec 05, 2013

Just got the call asking why I left MM and how I felt about the company.  Hard to answer thoroughly with the choices given but let her know that I thought their policies were despicable.  The interviewer said she heard that all the time (not that this is news to anyone).  Would I ever work for them again?  Ho, ho, ho! ...

Resignation Effective Immediately
Jun 07, 2014

I have handed in my resignation effective immediately. I am so tired of hearing these foreign doctors, failing my audits and working every darn weekend. I have had enough. No, I don't have a job but I am hopeful and I will be getting my husband's SS soon. I just can't take this BS anymore. ...

Nuance Resignation Policy
May 28, 2015

To All Nuance Employees: Please be aware if you do not fulfill your 2-week notice requirement, you will not be eligible for rehire.     ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

Happily Sent My Letter Of Resignation To SS Today. I Do Note Sm
Feb 09, 2011

that their current ad no longer promises an abundance of work ... finally .. truth in advertising!  LOL   Happy Days are here again ... lalalala ...

Update On Resignation Effective Immediately Molleycat
Jul 08, 2014

Hi everyone! Last month, I posted on here that I resigned effective immediately. I had had enough of the crappy ESL doctors, the audits, the poor VR, etc., etc. I just want everyone to know there is hope. I found out today that I will be getting my husband's SS with a lump sum at the end of this month and monthly payments starting in August. The payments may be more than what I originally thought. I have also put out about 40 resumes and have only gotten one bite. that one bite is a ...

Turned Down Again
Feb 15, 2011

Applied for in-house office clerk job.  Recruiter said I looked great and she would send the application to the department head.  Never heard.  Checked the online status.  Message the next day after meeting with recruiter said "thanks but no thanks, you are not being considered for this position." So she lied I presume?  I guess the next thing to try is cashier for the Dollar store.  I feel so low.  What do people think we are doing all these years in ...

Turned It Down
Mar 11, 2014

Life is too short to spend hours every day flipping through pages to see if it is a 123.9 or a 674.4b.  Dont want to spend my time applying sticky notes on the edges of the pages. Coders I know hate it and don't recommend it, too much hassle, grindingly boring.  So whoever gets my chance by default, love and luck to you always.   ...

I Somehow Turned My Expansions Off
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn them back on?  TIA ...

Turned In My Notice
Aug 18, 2010

I finally turned in my notice. I actually starting leaving abt 4 mos ago.  Took a PT gig w/another company and just love it. I had gotten to the point that I hated to come to work. I found that I did not hate my job I hated the company that I worked for. My husband told me to stop complaining and find something else and I did.  I went fulltime w/this company and am already making $4/hour more than I was at MQ and get this doing ASR....I hated ASR w/MQ. This companies system is so ...

Turned In My Notice...
Aug 30, 2011

I've said this before w/in the last week, but again, I never bashed my former employers on here until the last few weeks.  I've been "owned" by MQ for awhile since they bought my previous (wonderful) employer maybe a year ago, and I've finally had it.  So excited to leave, but wishing those of you who are sticking it out the best.  If you're going to be nasty, don't even bother.  I've had enough life sucked out of me to argue w/ you.  Again, ...

Help Please! I Accidentally Turned Off
Feb 25, 2013

the capitalize first letter of each sentence function. I don't know how I did it or I could probably turn it back on. ...

Light Just Turned Red
Apr 17, 2013

They are aware of the problem.  I bet.  ...

What Have You Turned To Once Leaving MT
Jun 25, 2014

Just wondering what those of you who have chosen to leave the MT field entirely and go into some other business have found to do when you've been doing MT for 30 years?  I'm not asking you to tell me which company/field specifically (not looking to swipe your job, etc.) but just wanted to see what else is out there that one of us has found easy to transition to, etc.  My goal was to quit MT and start making custom-made cat furniture/trees but that has gotten put on the back b ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...

Help!!!! I Accidentally Turned Expanders Off!!!
Nov 19, 2009

I cannot find anything on this junk desk!!!!!  Please help!!! ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Turned Down From Precyse Email
Feb 05, 2013

What does this mean?  What the heck ?  Why do they let us waste our time on testing when you get this:  Thank you for your interest in Precyse. After reviewing your assessment, we have concluded that this particular opportunity is not a direct match with your background. Before anyone asks or make comments, I have been transcribing for almost 2 decades, the reports were not hard, could not hear dictator in one because of screaming child that was playing nearby when they were dic ...

Nuance Is Like What Spheris Turned Into
Jul 16, 2013

Nuance now reminds me of the old Spheris, when micromanaging and nitpicking became the norm.  It became impossible to just work and so many left.  Last I heard, Spheris went under.. ...

Can Fuzzy Result Be Turned Off?
Feb 25, 2014

Can our cc look up be put back the way it was?   Thanks in advance. ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

Yay Me. Took The Plunge And Turned In My Notice.
Jun 13, 2014

Had enough and moving on. Will miss working with my TSM. She's great. Other than that, can't think of anything I will miss about Nuance. ...