A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

update on resignation effective immediately Molleycat - molleycat

Posted: Jul 08, 2014

Hi everyone! Last month, I posted on here that I resigned effective immediately. I had had enough of the crappy ESL doctors, the audits, the poor VR, etc., etc. I just want everyone to know there is hope. I found out today that I will be getting my husband's SS with a lump sum at the end of this month and monthly payments starting in August. The payments may be more than what I originally thought. I have also put out about 40 resumes and have only gotten one bite. that one bite is a straight typing job and other duties. this is not medical transcription but typing for a title company. I will go in on Thursday and train and by the end of the day, if they and I are satisfied with each other and it is a good fit, I will start next week full time. The pay is not going to be much but that's okay because I can't make more than a certain amount with SS coming in. I just want to let everyone know that there is hope. You don't have to take Immoral's inhuman treatment at all. I have come on here from time and time and what I have read has not made me regret one bit leaving immediately. Even though I haven't had enough money and am behind on the rent, behind on bills, etc. I have had good friends and neighbors and my church family helping me and supporting me all the way. You do have support in the community even if you do not know it and your friends, family and neighbors. I will check back from time to time just to see how things are going. I truly truly wish the very best for each and everyone of you and hope that you find a way to leave this company behind. Love to all Molleycat

Glad to hear molleycat! - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's the 40 resumes and 1 bite that keeps us all in this place. Living in a small community doesn't even provide me 40 places to send resumes, lol! Good to hear, though! Like all the others, it's just reinforcement and hope to all of us still here, that some way, some how, if the ax falls, it may be meant to be and eventually, things will work out!

Wishing you all the best on your new adventures!

Update - Happy Camper

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit too on the spot and never looked back and had a hard time for about a year, but finally things fell into place. The minute I quit, I felt relieved and not afraid of my job any longer. I noticed someone posted not everyone is unhappy at M*M; well sista, you may be the only one that I know of. As Molley said, read this board! Don't give up, keep at it, it can happen and you will be so thankful and look back and wonder why you ever lasted as long as you did or take the abuse that was dished out to you! Rock on MTs, get away from this place NOW!

How old are you? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
what type of benefit are you getting? I'm close to 60 with a survivor benefit and I'm always interested to hear stories!

Old I am - molleycat

[ In Reply To ..]
I will be 61 this month. The only thing I am getting is survivor's benefits. I had to wait until I turned 60 because my husband died when I was 56 and I did not qualify to get bennies because I was too young.

how old are you - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are getting SS from spouse you need to apply about 3 months before your 60th BD as it takes a while to get the paperwork going. I am getting my husband's SS starting this month and it will be a little bit more after taxes than MT is giving me now.

Can only make $15,480 a year yourself to get SS (otherwise they get $1 for every $2 you are over) but with MT that is not a problem anymore.

I am only on 1 straight typing account now and have only 2 to 3 hours or work all day, but I will keep that job and working on call at the bus station across the street either driving bus 4 days a month or dispatching. Totally different from MT and I really enjoy it.

Good luck on your SS, but apply early.

Similar Messages:

Resignation Effective Immediately
Jun 07, 2014

I have handed in my resignation effective immediately. I am so tired of hearing these foreign doctors, failing my audits and working every darn weekend. I have had enough. No, I don't have a job but I am hopeful and I will be getting my husband's SS soon. I just can't take this BS anymore. ...

99.7 Effective Now
Jan 20, 2014

Nice knowing ya'll ...

Part-Time Let Go Immediately
Aug 15, 2013

I just received the dreaded call. I was let go immediately effective now. Anyone else? I truly do hope that this leaves more work for the full-time employees and I do mean that respectfully as that is the reason I was let go. ...

Immediately File For TAA And Unemployment
Aug 19, 2013

make your voice heard... ...

How Is .02 CPL Cost-effective? (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

I don't think many with experience would accept .02 CPL.  I would imaging this forces MTSOs to train newbies.  I'm sure they have to pay QA far more than .04 CPL to correct and go over the work.  Even if they did pay QA only .04 CPL to do this, they are paying at least .06 CPL total.  By the time the new editor is sufficiently trained to go off 100% QA they have had more than enough time to realize that they will never make a living doing this kind of work, the lies ...

Electronic Medical Records Came In And We Were Immediately Out Of A Job
Jul 26, 2012

I don't see much talk about EMR taking over the MTs job.  This has happened to me with my last three companies (small transcription companies) that I have worked for.  With my last job we had an account with a large hospital that had a cardiology group we transcribed for.  EMR came in and we were immediately out of a job.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience...pretty much sucks  ...

The Tax Loopholes HAVE BEEN CLOSED Effective 2011!!
Aug 26, 2010

The bill has finally passed.  It is not illegal for companies to offshore, it is just not so profitable for them to do so.   ...

Ortho MT Needed Immediately Post-Anyone Hear Back?
Oct 28, 2010

I sent my resume for this position.  I am just curious who else did, and if you heard back from the person who placed the ad.  Thanks! :) ...

* Imedx Reduces Bonus Incentive Effective Now
Feb 12, 2015

Email just sent, welcome to the beginning of the very end..... ...

The Loss Of The Flexor Digitorum Profunda S/l *tails* Immediately Noted.
Oct 15, 2011

xx ...

JLG - Resignation
Mar 08, 2011

Can anybody share their experience when they left JLG?  Did you give a 2 week notice and did they let you work or did they shut you out right away?  ...

Resignation
Apr 03, 2015

Does anyone know if it is still customary to give 2 weeks' notice when you resign from a job.  I think I have had quite enough of MMODAL.  ...

HCPCS 2014 Brings Two New Codes For Pain Management Effective July 1
Aug 12, 2014

The latest HCPCS code update that went into effect on July 1, 2014 is important for pain management practitioners and coders since it modifies the way you report some morphine and propofol administrations. Read more.. ...

MM Resignation Inquiry?
Feb 08, 2012

I wonder if MQ/MM does a follow-up inquiry after a person quits, to find out why.  Does anyone know? ...

Who To Send Resignation To?
Sep 20, 2013

I just got a call that I am hired for a job that I interviewed for yesterday (YAY!).  My question is besides my CCM or whatever her title is now who else do I copy on my letter of resignation?  And where do I find their names because I don't know who is above her.  Thanks in advance!  P.S. If you are looking for a job just don't give up.  I've been looking for 3 years! ...

Anybody Ever Sent A Tell-it-all Resignation Letter?
Oct 21, 2014

s ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

High Quality, Cost Effective And Customer Focused - Words That Spell Exploitation. . .
Nov 06, 2011

Am I the only one that feels this way??? Tell me, please, how do they expect us to make a living when they are paying squat to keep their cost of service down?? T ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Letter Of Resignation - VR Style.
Jul 09, 2013

This was just too funny not to share!  :) To Wombs it May Concerta: I would like to deworm you cat eye am resounding from my apposition from the nuisance Company effective repeatedly. Thank you for the rapport of tougher impunity that you improvised me during my torture with your company.  If I can be of any resistance during this opposition, please field free 2 fret me know.   I would be graduate to dismiss you any day I can. ...

Post Resignation Interview
Dec 05, 2013

Just got the call asking why I left MM and how I felt about the company.  Hard to answer thoroughly with the choices given but let her know that I thought their policies were despicable.  The interviewer said she heard that all the time (not that this is news to anyone).  Would I ever work for them again?  Ho, ho, ho! ...

Nuance Resignation Policy
May 28, 2015

To All Nuance Employees: Please be aware if you do not fulfill your 2-week notice requirement, you will not be eligible for rehire.     ...

Update On Update Three Reports A Day
Aug 10, 2012

Hi everyone I just wanted to stop by really quick and let you all know that finally, FINALLY I am off QA. I was given two accounts today in addition to the one they had initially given me. I can now type w/o counting my reports and waiting for feedback first. It remains to be seen of course, whether or not there will be as much work as I was told but so far, this company has been true to their word. Still, four days on a very restrictive QA protocol was quite scary. I am a LOT grayer now ...

So I Turned In My Resignation Due To Lack Of Work -
Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

Happily Sent My Letter Of Resignation To SS Today. I Do Note Sm
Feb 09, 2011

that their current ad no longer promises an abundance of work ... finally .. truth in advertising!  LOL   Happy Days are here again ... lalalala ...

Probably My Next To Last Update
Mar 16, 2010

Just a quick line to let you all know that there are better things out there for you.  I am now 79 days away from graduating with my MD.  The only blocks I have left are orthopedics and pain management.  I have worked my way through medical school, which of course means I did not have much time to study.  None the less, I am in the top 10% of my class, and I attribute it to the information I learned transcribing.  Even if you feel you do not have the 4+ years to put ...

Dqs Update
Apr 08, 2010

Having problems doing the upgrade.  Support is working on it.  In the meantime, does anybody know if not having this installed will create problems with getting jobs?  CCM doesn't know.  So far I've been able to work as usual.  I'm just scared I'll go to log on and be locked out because I don't have the upgrade working yet.  Thanks ...

UPDATE Help Please
Oct 14, 2010

So, I logged on and promptly got booted right off.  Message says I need to "update" (again??) before I can continue.  I am in MQ central as I type but cannot find any update anywhere. Does anyone know where it is hiding?  (under what category or tab...)   Thank you all so much for always helping this old gal!  ...

Help With The Update!
Oct 14, 2010

Okay so when I logged in this morning, I get the message to upgrade.  I am currently using Vista.  When I go to Docqmanage to upgrade, I get the message "The version of DocQscribe you are trying to install requires the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package SP2." I tried to install it, but it says its not compatible with Vista! Somebody Help!!  ...