A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yay me. Took the plunge and turned in my notice. - wannie

Posted: Jun 13, 2014

Had enough and moving on. Will miss working with my TSM. She's great. Other than that, can't think of anything I will miss about Nuance.

Good for You. I hope I'm next - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Yay you - Good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
Only 6 more working days for me in this cesspool. Can't think of a thing I'll miss about this place.

Wannie/Nuance - Disillusioned

[ In Reply To ..]
I am thinking of doing the same. Have been there 6 months and was so depressed and disillusioned with my pay check and not meeting "incentive" that I thought, after 4+ years of transcription, I was inept and talentless. I found reviews by employees on glassdoor.com yesterday and realized that the source of my dismay was NOT because I am a talentless hack. Am beginning to search for other companies. HOWEVER, Nuance seems to be buying up all transcription companies...outsourcing to India for very cheap labor. So, worry about them buying up any other company I may work for.

I know Nuance buying smaller companies is - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
a real possibility. For my own sanity, though, I have to take that chance and get away from Nuance for now at least. I dread getting up in the mornings and signing on, looking at FIESA, et cetera. I have been doing transcription for 15+ years and have many, many times questioned my abilities because of FIESA. I know there are things that have been counted against me that I absolutely did NOT do. Mistakes found that I know I didn't make, just can't prove it. Anyway, counting down the days now and feel much better. Actually taking a cut in cpl just to get away.

I know Nuance buying smaller companies... - Disillusioned

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found many points taken off on FIESA that have been in account specifics, or one QA will like something a certain way and another QA will mark off for it. I tried to correct their error once, but found it too much of a hassle. I really get frustrated during my shift. There was a promise of the new CEO (?) that these issues are being addressed, and a hint of a pay "change" come October. It just builds anxiety so much that it is hard to concentrate and have a good work attitude. I wish you luck!!! :)

Similar Messages:

Turned In My Notice
Aug 18, 2010

I finally turned in my notice. I actually starting leaving abt 4 mos ago.  Took a PT gig w/another company and just love it. I had gotten to the point that I hated to come to work. I found that I did not hate my job I hated the company that I worked for. My husband told me to stop complaining and find something else and I did.  I went fulltime w/this company and am already making $4/hour more than I was at MQ and get this doing ASR....I hated ASR w/MQ. This companies system is so ...

Turned In My Notice...
Aug 30, 2011

I've said this before w/in the last week, but again, I never bashed my former employers on here until the last few weeks.  I've been "owned" by MQ for awhile since they bought my previous (wonderful) employer maybe a year ago, and I've finally had it.  So excited to leave, but wishing those of you who are sticking it out the best.  If you're going to be nasty, don't even bother.  I've had enough life sucked out of me to argue w/ you.  Again, ...

I Turned In My Notice Yesterday
Feb 19, 2015

I just have to get through to next Friday.  I don't have anything I going to yet, but could not do this any longer as my blood pressure is extremely high.   I wish all of you who decide to stay in the torture chamber a while longer good luck.  ...

Have Turned In Notice ---sssoooo Hard To Make Myself Work.
Dec 05, 2009

I have always been pretty rigid about exact time schedule, but now.... Well, let's just say I am trying to honor my notice.  That, plus the fact I don't want my last check before Xmas to be "held up" for any reason.   Am I alone, or have others had trouble honoring their last 2 week schedule? ...

Taking The Plunge
Feb 20, 2011

After having been an MT for over half of my life and constantly reading these forums and realizing the shortcomings we are all facing in this industry, I'm taking the plunge. Yesterday my husband and I bought 2 domain names, ordered 500 business cards, my husband is researching MT salaries nationwide, and we're going to start our own MTSO.  An MTSO run by HUMAN BEINGS for HUMAN BEINGS.  A small one, we're looking at probably 20 or less ICs to ensure ample work for every ...

Taking The Plunge.
Nov 03, 2012

I've decided I will go through Andrews school for coding. All that I have to do now is wait until Monday to sign up and enroll. I am so excited!! I was wondering if anyone who has gone though or is currently in the coding course through Andrews could give me some advice. I am currently a medical transcriptionist,so I have medical language behind me...but that is about all. Any study tips or anything else for that matter would be well appreciated. Thanks. ...

I Am So Relieved. I Finally Took The Plunge And Dropped To PT So
Nov 20, 2011

I can start looking for another job.   Well, since you have to give 30 days' notice, I can't start PT until Dec 20, but whatever.  My CCM didn't really seem to like it.  Calling me up, "just want to know if there's a problem, so why are you going PT....are you looking for another job?"  So many questions.  I wish I hadn't answered the phone.  Um, DUH, it's because I don't feel stable in this job.  Tired of worrying if I w ...

Taking The Plunge To Editing Voice Rec.
Apr 29, 2013

After 30 years of "traditional" transcription now moving on to editing work done by physicians on work recognition.  I'd love if some of you can share your experience. Also I know about the learning curve, but wonder how financially this works out for you all. After your learning curve, working the same amount of hours are you seeing more or less or about the same in your paycheck?  Thanks! ...

Turned Down Again
Feb 15, 2011

Applied for in-house office clerk job.  Recruiter said I looked great and she would send the application to the department head.  Never heard.  Checked the online status.  Message the next day after meeting with recruiter said "thanks but no thanks, you are not being considered for this position." So she lied I presume?  I guess the next thing to try is cashier for the Dollar store.  I feel so low.  What do people think we are doing all these years in ...

Turned It Down
Mar 11, 2014

Life is too short to spend hours every day flipping through pages to see if it is a 123.9 or a 674.4b.  Dont want to spend my time applying sticky notes on the edges of the pages. Coders I know hate it and don't recommend it, too much hassle, grindingly boring.  So whoever gets my chance by default, love and luck to you always.   ...

I Somehow Turned My Expansions Off
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn them back on?  TIA ...

Help Please! I Accidentally Turned Off
Feb 25, 2013

the capitalize first letter of each sentence function. I don't know how I did it or I could probably turn it back on. ...

Light Just Turned Red
Apr 17, 2013

They are aware of the problem.  I bet.  ...

What Have You Turned To Once Leaving MT
Jun 25, 2014

Just wondering what those of you who have chosen to leave the MT field entirely and go into some other business have found to do when you've been doing MT for 30 years?  I'm not asking you to tell me which company/field specifically (not looking to swipe your job, etc.) but just wanted to see what else is out there that one of us has found easy to transition to, etc.  My goal was to quit MT and start making custom-made cat furniture/trees but that has gotten put on the back b ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...

Help!!!! I Accidentally Turned Expanders Off!!!
Nov 19, 2009

I cannot find anything on this junk desk!!!!!  Please help!!! ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Turned Down From Precyse Email
Feb 05, 2013

What does this mean?  What the heck ?  Why do they let us waste our time on testing when you get this:  Thank you for your interest in Precyse. After reviewing your assessment, we have concluded that this particular opportunity is not a direct match with your background. Before anyone asks or make comments, I have been transcribing for almost 2 decades, the reports were not hard, could not hear dictator in one because of screaming child that was playing nearby when they were dic ...

Nuance Is Like What Spheris Turned Into
Jul 16, 2013

Nuance now reminds me of the old Spheris, when micromanaging and nitpicking became the norm.  It became impossible to just work and so many left.  Last I heard, Spheris went under.. ...

Can Fuzzy Result Be Turned Off?
Feb 25, 2014

Can our cc look up be put back the way it was?   Thanks in advance. ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

Did The Headline Print Get Turned Yellow?
Jan 28, 2014

or did my machine do some freaky change?  I can't seem to get it back and can't read the yellow without putting my cursor over it.  ...

So I Turned In My Resignation Due To Lack Of Work -
Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

MIND LOCK - Last Night I "Just Turned It Off"/Abandoned My Shift: What Now?
Apr 06, 2010

Posted: Apr 6th, 2010 - 10:35 am I signed on for my normal shift at Midnight and got immediately hit with an unknown hospital,  uknown dictator from outside my CCM's 'book of work.'  I couldn't understand the dictator who was a ESL, thick accent interspersed with serial "mumbles with thick accent."  Looked for an old report, put in all the correct information, even tried adjusting it several times -- came up with no old reports.  At this point, mental in ...

Pt Had Tumor Right Leg. Tumor Was Grossly Resected. It Turned Out To Be An S/l RCA Resction. TIA
Nov 19, 2009

xx ...

Anyone Notice This Lately
May 19, 2010

In almost every ASR report lately, there have been gross errors in the dosages of medications.  In 1 report today, it had Colace 70 mg when the dictator clearly said 100 mg.  Then in another report, it had Protonix 3 mg daily when the dictator said 40 mg daily.  Watch your dosages closely!!!!  Something is up! ...

Anybody Notice This With 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

remember the system used to automatically capitalize the first letter as you were typing..i.e. after a period (.) etc. well, it is no longer doing this....wonder why? wonder if there is a way to get it to do this as I found this to be a time saver...   ....upgrade?   things are seeming to take longer to me ??? ...

Did Anyone Else Notice This On 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

For some reason I keep thinking they covered this on the tutorial...but I'm a shift and don't have time to figure it out.  When I did the spell check at the end (which took an exceptionally long time), it appeared all my text turned BLUE (liike it does when you highlight) and then disappeared! I didn't just lose my stuff, did I?Also so far, I don't see a big change in the headings. I'm typing them like normal.  And I couldn't remember the new numbering sy ...

NOTICE: Regarding Job Ads -- SM
Jun 15, 2011

Posters, MTStars has a a few requirements for the job ads that are placed on our Job Seeker's board.  These are in place to provide a minimum of information for you (company name, city and state of business and a visible email address) to do your research on before applying.  We also have a minimum pay that can be posted (5 cpl for transcription and 3 cpl for editing, QA, etc.). You can see all of the ad requirements by reviewing the sticky note at the top of the Job Seeker' ...