A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance Resignation Policy - HR

Posted: May 28, 2015

To All Nuance Employees:

Please be aware if you do not fulfill your 2-week notice requirement, you will not be eligible for rehire.

LOLOLOLOL - snort

[ In Reply To ..]
x

First laugh of the morning goes to "snort" HA HA - Thanks. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
However, I can see the scenario where someone leaves the N, finds a wonderful transcription job with another company, then gets gobbled up by the N, and so on, and so on. So, HR, it is probably good advice to work the 2-week notice if possible so you don't have to IMMEDIATELY look for a new job if this were to happen.

Bet you anything if your MTSO gets gobbled - they will take you back

[ In Reply To ..]
You know why? Otherwise you would get unemployment, that's why, since you would not be quitting, they would be refusing to hire you, hence you would be eligible.

We all know Nuance absolutely hates paying UE, so I do not think that not hiring you back thing would apply in that instance.
You know, I think you are right. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

How can anyone work out a 2-week notice when they are - usually locked out SM

[ In Reply To ..]
the moment they give said notice?

Explain that one. It's been the usual practice so many here have experienced; give a notice and immediately locked out of everything.

What a bunch of morons.

I wasn't locked out. Gave 2 weeks, worked the 2 weeks - dz

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That's hilarious. - Because

[ In Reply To ..]
we all know we wouldn't want to burn that particular bridge. LOL

No worries there. There will not be a bridge left - to burn. Evidenced by continual

[ In Reply To ..]
repeated ads pleading for help. Nuance is burning their own bridges just fine.

Must be mass exodus going on - me

[ In Reply To ..]
For HR to get on here and post that I have to assume more MTs or QCs are just leaving when it is convenient for them and not Nuance. Do you think Nuance has the faintest clue why people want to leave? Fiesa and this fantastic grid that MTs have been on and now they are sharing with QC!!! Even my dog understands the issue here as she lays by me and hears me gripe about it on a daily basis.

This is funny. Send your resignation to TSM and they - are to busy planting gardens to

[ In Reply To ..]
acknowledge or notify the appropriate people.

vacation - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
Interestingly, my TSM always seems to be on vacation after big bombs drop. Dang, they get a lot of PTO time.

Who would want to be rehired? - Minimum wage jobs are easy to find elsewhere

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll do what is the right timing for me and my family. If Nuance cared whatsoever about the employees, they would pay a reasonable salary for the work. I won't lift one finger to help this company ever again.

To Nuance HR - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Kindly supply a break-down of how we are paid. Since all non-production-based work as well as supposed paid breaks are factored into our cpl, we'd like to know what that looks like broken down. How much are we paid to actually produce?

Anxiously awaiting a straight answer,
Nuance Production-Based Employees

Do you promise? That is an incentive in itself. - Lazy TSMs would not know if we were here or not

[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM is too busy planning vacations and kid activities. Why must all that info be shared with us? Don't they have any real work to do?

Maybe you can just add a column to your grid - for those rehires with no 2 weeks notice.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

LOL! - Thank you for the laugh! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Who cares? - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Now really. Do you think that if we didn't fulfill a 2-week requirement, we'd WANT to come back? Come now. Low wages, poor benefits, crappy time off where all you get the first year is 5 days ... for everything, sick, holidays and if there's anything left, maybe a couple of days of vacation. Nope--if I leave with no notice, there will be no coming back. On MY part, not yours.

When I was told that, I let them know there was - no chance in h*** I would ever go back.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Darn! I was looking forward to getting crapped on again. - Oh well.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Thank you for this belly laugh of today. ha ha ha ha ha - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

That's like telling a victim - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
of domestic abuse that they can't come back to get beaten again.

Now that's some funny .... right there - wallflower

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

except for one problem... - WideLoad

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked in HR years and years ago. When a prospective employer asked us about any former employee of ours, all we were permitted to tell them was: (1) duration/dates of employment, and (2) whether the former employee was eligible for rehire or not. If you're looking for a new job and this is all the info your prospective employer can get from Nuance, it seems to me that if you are "ineligible for rehire," that could kill your chance to get the new job. I mean, if you were the prospective employer, wouldn't that give you pause? just sayin'. So it might be worth it to give the 2wk notice if you're looking for another job.

Most companies know the Nuance reputation and - actually congratulate you for

[ In Reply To ..]
looking to escape. The majority of companies don't call anymore anyway. If you are willing to accept their pennies, they are eager to sign you up.

but consider - QC2015

[ In Reply To ..]
That might be correct, but if I bring or submit the grid and all emails to a potential employers, I think they would definitely understand why I left, even without notice.

Again, when I tell anyone in business about this change from hourly to production, everyone states, "is that even legal."

So, make sure to take your documentation with you to an interview, state that you did resign without notice because of a change in pay that affected your livelihood.

I have left 2 jobs with no notice, but got jobs again after I explained the situation. Be truthful and tell them before Nuance does, and they appreciate your honesty.

I get the same response - qc.out

[ In Reply To ..]
So far every single person I have told this to has asked me if it is legal.
That's the least of our problems. When I apply - for a job out of the MT field, -sm-
[ In Reply To ..]
and they see that I was an MT for 37 years, what they want to know is, "Have you ever had a REAL job?"

That's what they all think of MT experience... worthless.

No one should ever trust Nuisance for any reason - especially to tell the truth SM

[ In Reply To ..]
for anything, especially giving a reference. HR can and likely will say any darn thing they want and you have no way to prove or disprove what was said. You have no idea what your account manager said about you in their files.

Do NOT EVER trust Nuisance to do the right thing. Don't be that stupid. Don't.

Nuance Resignation Policy - HR - dowdylady

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, that made me actually laugh out loud!

Rehire - FedUp

[ In Reply To ..]
And this is bad why?

To Nuance HR - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I want the remainder of my internet reimbursement and back pay for unpaid breaks. I also keep good records and may go after you for OT. Know what else? You have to pay all of that within 3 days of my final day, the same day if I get fired for some reason. Have a nice day!

Don't throw away the hammer or you won't be able to hit yourself in the face at a future d - Bite me, Nuance.

[ In Reply To ..]
I would rather suck on razor blades than slave for you again. That is the TRUTH.

Similar Messages:

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

NJA Policy Nuance
Dec 25, 2012

New to the company. No work available. What is the no jobs available policy? Spend the rest of your night checking back for work or do you get paid for work availabilty? ...

What Is The Nuance Policy On Holidays?
Oct 29, 2014

I'm sure this is in the handbook and will look there as well.  Does anyone know the Nuance holiday policy?  I was told they try to not have you work 2 holidays in a row and if you do it is for a half day each holdiay back to back.  Thanks!  ...

Question On Nuance QA Policy. I Am On Transcend Side
Oct 16, 2012

QA policy or certain percentage allowed to send to QA.  What exactly is the Nuance QA policy.  Does it only apply to bonus?  Thanks for any info you can share on this. ...

Question About Nuance Policy On Qualified (template) Lines
Dec 03, 2014

I was originally with one of the ambulatory groups that came through the back door of Nuance.  Our old ways of doing things have slowly been phased out since Nuance acquired us.  Currently I get 8.5 cpl for standard lines and 1 cpl for qualified (template) lines.  I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, but I've been reading on here about the new 7 cpl rate. What about template lines? Does Nuance pay for template lines? Thanks...  ...

JLG - Resignation
Mar 08, 2011

Can anybody share their experience when they left JLG?  Did you give a 2 week notice and did they let you work or did they shut you out right away?  ...

Resignation
Apr 03, 2015

Does anyone know if it is still customary to give 2 weeks' notice when you resign from a job.  I think I have had quite enough of MMODAL.  ...

MM Resignation Inquiry?
Feb 08, 2012

I wonder if MQ/MM does a follow-up inquiry after a person quits, to find out why.  Does anyone know? ...

Who To Send Resignation To?
Sep 20, 2013

I just got a call that I am hired for a job that I interviewed for yesterday (YAY!).  My question is besides my CCM or whatever her title is now who else do I copy on my letter of resignation?  And where do I find their names because I don't know who is above her.  Thanks in advance!  P.S. If you are looking for a job just don't give up.  I've been looking for 3 years! ...

Anybody Ever Sent A Tell-it-all Resignation Letter?
Oct 21, 2014

s ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

Letter Of Resignation - VR Style.
Jul 09, 2013

This was just too funny not to share!  :) To Wombs it May Concerta: I would like to deworm you cat eye am resounding from my apposition from the nuisance Company effective repeatedly. Thank you for the rapport of tougher impunity that you improvised me during my torture with your company.  If I can be of any resistance during this opposition, please field free 2 fret me know.   I would be graduate to dismiss you any day I can. ...

Post Resignation Interview
Dec 05, 2013

Just got the call asking why I left MM and how I felt about the company.  Hard to answer thoroughly with the choices given but let her know that I thought their policies were despicable.  The interviewer said she heard that all the time (not that this is news to anyone).  Would I ever work for them again?  Ho, ho, ho! ...

Resignation Effective Immediately
Jun 07, 2014

I have handed in my resignation effective immediately. I am so tired of hearing these foreign doctors, failing my audits and working every darn weekend. I have had enough. No, I don't have a job but I am hopeful and I will be getting my husband's SS soon. I just can't take this BS anymore. ...

So I Turned In My Resignation Due To Lack Of Work -
Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

Happily Sent My Letter Of Resignation To SS Today. I Do Note Sm
Feb 09, 2011

that their current ad no longer promises an abundance of work ... finally .. truth in advertising!  LOL   Happy Days are here again ... lalalala ...

Update On Resignation Effective Immediately Molleycat
Jul 08, 2014

Hi everyone! Last month, I posted on here that I resigned effective immediately. I had had enough of the crappy ESL doctors, the audits, the poor VR, etc., etc. I just want everyone to know there is hope. I found out today that I will be getting my husband's SS with a lump sum at the end of this month and monthly payments starting in August. The payments may be more than what I originally thought. I have also put out about 40 resumes and have only gotten one bite. that one bite is a ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What The NJA Policy Is?
Jan 01, 2010

I can't seem to find anything on MQ Central.  I just started last week and already have no work.  What am I supposed to do?  I cannot get ahold of manager.  TIA ...

OT Policy
Mar 19, 2011

Let me see if I have this right - I am thinking about going FT and this never applied to me much before.  So if we work overtime we get paid our benefit rate x 1.5 - we don't get paid per line for anything over that.  Correct? ...

What Is The Policy Of NJA?
Mar 23, 2011

For the past few weeks I have been getting NJA all night every night!  I am barely making my hours or money that I need.  Am I allowed to make up some of this time during the day.  I have fixed my schedule so the time I work is the time I have allowed myself with my 3 kids and all the demands of my household.  I really can't work any extra at night.  I barely sleep as it is with getting off the computer at 1 am and putting the kids on the bus at 6:30 am.  I thi ...

QA Policy
Dec 29, 2012

Our company was just bought by MModal.  Can anyone explain to me the 5% policy on sending reports to QA? ...

Possible Use Of New NJA Policy?
Sep 05, 2013

I know this isn't what they intend, but I'm wondering if we need to stick to our schedules anymore.  If we can "make it up" in the same day, is it necessary to wait til our scheduled start time if we usually run out?  I mean, why wait til our scheduled second shift hours if we're afraid of running out?  Can't we get on earlier ("same day") and get whatever is available then?  I'm not saying this is fair to those who are scheduled earlier, but there� ...

PTO Policy
Sep 10, 2013

So help me understand this "new" policy.  Are we taking a cut in what we accrue for PTO?  I have over 15 years with this company and find it hard to believe longevity/loyalty do NOT count.  So as I read it, the person that started yesterday will accrue at the same rate as me?  "full time employees will accrue 0.059 hgours of PTO for each paid hour up to a maximum of 4.62 hours  acrrued in a pay period."  HUH?  Not real clear to me.  So we only get 4.62 hours per pay period?  Havin ...

New NJA Policy
Feb 03, 2014

I would love to know how people are handling this new NJA policy.  As I understand it, if we get NJA during our work schedule, we are supposed to keep checking back for work through our shift.  We are allowed to work at any time up until midnight to get in our hours for the day without approval.  I really think if they have no work during your shift, they should pay your benefit rate for the hours there is no work.  I know some states have this, but mine does not.  It just does not seem rig ...

New PTO Policy???
Jan 21, 2015

Anyone heard when the new PTO policy is going to be rolling out.  I thought they said it would be in January, so does that mean in Nuance time March/April?   Maybe they have to wait until they have "perfected" Fiesa.  This post audit M crap .. I feel soooo sorry for them having problems. My TSM has been on conference calls a lot the last week or so.  Much more so than usual, but getting no info from her.  Anyone else have a TSM that is sharing info? ...

No Work Policy
Dec 02, 2009

Can anyone explain the no work policy?  If you are not in one of those few states listed, does that mean you recieve your state's minimum wage rate for hours missed?  Am I reading this wrong? ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

Downtime Policy?
Nov 04, 2010

Can someone tell me the policy for downtime?  Do we log out?  How much downtime do we get paid?  Cant get into MQ Central to find policy. ...

What Is MQ's Bereavement Policy?
Nov 14, 2011

My father passed away this morning.  ...