A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Turned down for MT because I live in CA - mtbyheart

Posted: Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work.

CA IC should not be a problem. Most of the laws - do not apply

[ In Reply To ..]
to California workers on IC status. Unless the companies are trying to treat the IC employee as a regular employee, but that's something else altogether. FutureNet is CA based I believe, but it's mostly editing.

Which companies said no to CA workers? - future job hunter

[ In Reply To ..]
Wondering who not to bother applying with.

Would be interested to know if there are - any ICs in CA currently

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked as an IC in CA some years ago for 3 months. I had to get Workers Comp on myself (expensive) and then after 3 months, the company wanted me to be incorporated. That was the end of that. Have things changed?

Similar Messages:

Turned Down Again
Feb 15, 2011

Applied for in-house office clerk job.  Recruiter said I looked great and she would send the application to the department head.  Never heard.  Checked the online status.  Message the next day after meeting with recruiter said "thanks but no thanks, you are not being considered for this position." So she lied I presume?  I guess the next thing to try is cashier for the Dollar store.  I feel so low.  What do people think we are doing all these years in ...

Turned It Down
Mar 11, 2014

Life is too short to spend hours every day flipping through pages to see if it is a 123.9 or a 674.4b.  Dont want to spend my time applying sticky notes on the edges of the pages. Coders I know hate it and don't recommend it, too much hassle, grindingly boring.  So whoever gets my chance by default, love and luck to you always.   ...

I Somehow Turned My Expansions Off
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn them back on?  TIA ...

Turned In My Notice
Aug 18, 2010

I finally turned in my notice. I actually starting leaving abt 4 mos ago.  Took a PT gig w/another company and just love it. I had gotten to the point that I hated to come to work. I found that I did not hate my job I hated the company that I worked for. My husband told me to stop complaining and find something else and I did.  I went fulltime w/this company and am already making $4/hour more than I was at MQ and get this doing ASR....I hated ASR w/MQ. This companies system is so ...

Turned In My Notice...
Aug 30, 2011

I've said this before w/in the last week, but again, I never bashed my former employers on here until the last few weeks.  I've been "owned" by MQ for awhile since they bought my previous (wonderful) employer maybe a year ago, and I've finally had it.  So excited to leave, but wishing those of you who are sticking it out the best.  If you're going to be nasty, don't even bother.  I've had enough life sucked out of me to argue w/ you.  Again, ...

Help Please! I Accidentally Turned Off
Feb 25, 2013

the capitalize first letter of each sentence function. I don't know how I did it or I could probably turn it back on. ...

Light Just Turned Red
Apr 17, 2013

They are aware of the problem.  I bet.  ...

What Have You Turned To Once Leaving MT
Jun 25, 2014

Just wondering what those of you who have chosen to leave the MT field entirely and go into some other business have found to do when you've been doing MT for 30 years?  I'm not asking you to tell me which company/field specifically (not looking to swipe your job, etc.) but just wanted to see what else is out there that one of us has found easy to transition to, etc.  My goal was to quit MT and start making custom-made cat furniture/trees but that has gotten put on the back b ...

Help!!!! I Accidentally Turned Expanders Off!!!
Nov 19, 2009

I cannot find anything on this junk desk!!!!!  Please help!!! ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Turned Down From Precyse Email
Feb 05, 2013

What does this mean?  What the heck ?  Why do they let us waste our time on testing when you get this:  Thank you for your interest in Precyse. After reviewing your assessment, we have concluded that this particular opportunity is not a direct match with your background. Before anyone asks or make comments, I have been transcribing for almost 2 decades, the reports were not hard, could not hear dictator in one because of screaming child that was playing nearby when they were dic ...

Nuance Is Like What Spheris Turned Into
Jul 16, 2013

Nuance now reminds me of the old Spheris, when micromanaging and nitpicking became the norm.  It became impossible to just work and so many left.  Last I heard, Spheris went under.. ...

Can Fuzzy Result Be Turned Off?
Feb 25, 2014

Can our cc look up be put back the way it was?   Thanks in advance. ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

Yay Me. Took The Plunge And Turned In My Notice.
Jun 13, 2014

Had enough and moving on. Will miss working with my TSM. She's great. Other than that, can't think of anything I will miss about Nuance. ...

I Turned In My Notice Yesterday
Feb 19, 2015

I just have to get through to next Friday.  I don't have anything I going to yet, but could not do this any longer as my blood pressure is extremely high.   I wish all of you who decide to stay in the torture chamber a while longer good luck.  ...

Did The Headline Print Get Turned Yellow?
Jan 28, 2014

or did my machine do some freaky change?  I can't seem to get it back and can't read the yellow without putting my cursor over it.  ...

So I Turned In My Resignation Due To Lack Of Work -
Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

Have Turned In Notice ---sssoooo Hard To Make Myself Work.
Dec 05, 2009

I have always been pretty rigid about exact time schedule, but now.... Well, let's just say I am trying to honor my notice.  That, plus the fact I don't want my last check before Xmas to be "held up" for any reason.   Am I alone, or have others had trouble honoring their last 2 week schedule? ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

If You Live In Texas And Own An RV
Apr 06, 2013

If you live in Texas (or maybe Louisiana) and own your own RV, consider being a gate guard at a natural gas field. The pay is about $15 an hour and that's 24 hours a day. And while you're sitting in that RV, guess what you can be doing. ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...

Go Live Checklist?
Jun 27, 2014

I have a new transcription service that I recently acquired (nothing large but big enough to pay the bills :)  I am a little lost on what I should be doing as far as a checklist for go live?  So far, I have requested samples of physicians, inquired on their volume, and discussed delivery. What else am I missing? ...

If You Live In Texas
Jan 11, 2015

Baylor Grapevine is looking for a coder, either CCS or CPC, with only ONE MONTH of experience. ...

Live System Over The Internet
Mar 24, 2010

What is meant by "live system over the Internet" in some job ads.  TIA! ...

Go Live A Dead Issue?
May 25, 2010

It seems the schedule reservation "go live" in my area has now been cancelled until further notice.  I'm in the north region and wonder if any other areas have been using it successfully.  With all these so called improvements coming our way, I'm having a hard time remember what's what.  Does this mean the swapboard isn't going to work anymore or just the schedule/DQS factor with the work allowance of 15 minutes prior/after scheduled shift?  I'm ...