A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

resignation - phatty

Posted: Apr 03, 2015

Does anyone know if it is still customary to give 2 weeks' notice when you resign from a job.  I think I have had quite enough of MMODAL. 

Hope this helps - Good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
http://jobsearch.about.com/od/resignation/qt/reasons-not-to-give-notice.htm

Notice - Yes

[ In Reply To ..]
Two weeks notice is still the norm as far as I know. I don't blame you - there is enough grief in a person's life besides putting up with BS from any company or employer.

Best Not To Burn Bridges - Flo

[ In Reply To ..]
You just never know how desperate you might get.
p.m. Meant to add - Flo
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't you want to sleep on it? Today might have been horrible, but tomorrow may be a little bit better. I had a horrible day yesterday and 1 job even reduced me to tears -- but today is not as awful. Oh, and have some wine!
yes - wine
[ In Reply To ..]
or beer or xanax, can help get through a work shift, lol. i'm not really laughing though. but 2 weeks is best, just in case. i want so badly to just tell them to ef off, but i've learned to keep my tongue...most of the time.
meant to add - phatty
[ In Reply To ..]
You known I went from full time to part-time because of bad dictation. I actually LOVE to work. I have even delivered telephone books, so I do not mind working hard. I simply DETEST bad dictation, and I'm thinking that at 62 I'm simply burned out on poor dictation. I haven't cried in a while, but I have been mad as you know what LOL.
try something new - barry
[ In Reply To ..]
Wine is a good idea! I've decided to give up on MT and try something easier, something that doesn't require skill, like writing. I think there is good money there, too. I have ideas.
burn bridges - phatty
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I'm semiretired, kids out of college, and my Mom gets a good pension. However, I like to be able to do EXTRA things for family and friends. Think I'm simply burned out by bad dictation and 15 different accounts to deal with!
Burn Bridges - Some you can burn
[ In Reply To ..]
I WOULD never be desperate enough to return to this company to work. There are plenty of horrible, low paying jobs out there that are equivocal to this one in pay and you don't have to know as much or be treated like you are dirt. Why would anyone want to return to MM is beyond me or Nuance for that matter. Walmart, et. al. is hiring and that to me is better than working for MM.

I quit immediately - val

[ In Reply To ..]
With the threat of losing $ and the endless loop of "performance management," I could not tolerate any more.
Losing $$ - TJ
[ In Reply To ..]
Good point and I think of that too. This QA business has gotten so ridiculous that you don't know from 1 month to the next if the other shoe is going to drop. When I quit it will be immediately.

phatty - notice

[ In Reply To ..]
I am simply tired of the awful dictation. Some days I feel that whoever assigns the dictation has a target on my back (lol). I know everyone gets bad dictation, but over 90% of my work is just that bad. I started keeping a log for sound issues, and dictators that just do lousy work, and it is amazing how much bad dictation there is. I just believe I can do better.

Thank you for the replies.
Notice - Nana
[ In Reply To ..]
I was similar to you. Went to part time, mainly for money to spend on kids and grand kids. I did give two week notice, only because the mandatory shift change wouldn't begin for two weeks. If it had started immediately, I would have quit immediately. I come here to check on how things are going and it looks like it is getting worse all the time. It just reinforces my decision, not that they left me an alternative. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

This was my experience at MM - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The minute I heard our company was bought, I gave my notice. However, I had a great supervisor I loved (who was kept by MM) and told her I would give it a try. Two years later, with many days of tears, frustration, and saying to myself "I have to give my 2 weeks notice", I actually ended up quitting effective immediately. It was the second week of a new platform and 9 new accounts added to the 18 primaries I already had, the holidays (which of course I had to work) so QC, supervisor, etc. were all on vacation so no response to questions, I was making minimum wage (after 20 years!), and offshore auditors corrected my Past Medical History "errors" by changing all my commas to semicolons.

My supervisor was actually very understanding...and the ending? I'm now at a wonderful, family-owned MT company with a flexible schedule, assigned dictators, straight accounts, and no QA grading - they just answer questions, give feedback, and fill in blanks. I am happy to say I enjoy my job again.

this was my experience - phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
I am actually very happy for you. It gives me hope that maybe I can do the same thing -- find something decent to do. My experience with this company has been dismal, to say the least. Whenever I have gotten my line count up, new an account inside and out, I get yanked off of them. You would not believe the number of accounts I have worked on in just the past 6 or 7 months. Cannot figure out what is going on with this company.

Resignation - I just quit!

[ In Reply To ..]
When I absolutely couldn't take it any longer and after six months of applying to every MT job out there and finally found one, I just e-mailed my supervisor, whatever they were called back then and told her I quit. No notice, no nothing. In fact, I am sorry I did that much, as I never heard one word back from her. I could have cared less about ever coming back to work for this horrible company, nor do I need to use them for a reference as the job I took is now my reference and I have been with her for almost four years now, so Medquist (which it was when I worked there) can go take a flying leap into the depths of hades. To this day, I still hate this company and will never, ever say one decent thing about them. I had a horrible supervisor who is still with them from what I understand, only in a different capacity, the account I was on, (hospitals in northern Calif) they lost, and the pay and rules and QA were beyond belief. I never was sorry for one second I quit and when I did go to work for another company I found out I was still a good MT, with good QA and if I had to QA something, I wasn't picked to death or docked for a misplaced comma. No Book of Style garbage either. Just transcribe the report as dictated and if you need to correct something, either correct it or send it in for review and again, no backlash. I used to cringe every time I got an email from those horrible people. Good luck, move on and get out of here. Get your life back. They don't deserve any decent MT who works for them.

Similar Messages:

JLG - Resignation
Mar 08, 2011

Can anybody share their experience when they left JLG?  Did you give a 2 week notice and did they let you work or did they shut you out right away?  ...

MM Resignation Inquiry?
Feb 08, 2012

I wonder if MQ/MM does a follow-up inquiry after a person quits, to find out why.  Does anyone know? ...

Who To Send Resignation To?
Sep 20, 2013

I just got a call that I am hired for a job that I interviewed for yesterday (YAY!).  My question is besides my CCM or whatever her title is now who else do I copy on my letter of resignation?  And where do I find their names because I don't know who is above her.  Thanks in advance!  P.S. If you are looking for a job just don't give up.  I've been looking for 3 years! ...

Anybody Ever Sent A Tell-it-all Resignation Letter?
Oct 21, 2014

s ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Letter Of Resignation - VR Style.
Jul 09, 2013

This was just too funny not to share!  :) To Wombs it May Concerta: I would like to deworm you cat eye am resounding from my apposition from the nuisance Company effective repeatedly. Thank you for the rapport of tougher impunity that you improvised me during my torture with your company.  If I can be of any resistance during this opposition, please field free 2 fret me know.   I would be graduate to dismiss you any day I can. ...

Post Resignation Interview
Dec 05, 2013

Just got the call asking why I left MM and how I felt about the company.  Hard to answer thoroughly with the choices given but let her know that I thought their policies were despicable.  The interviewer said she heard that all the time (not that this is news to anyone).  Would I ever work for them again?  Ho, ho, ho! ...

Resignation Effective Immediately
Jun 07, 2014

I have handed in my resignation effective immediately. I am so tired of hearing these foreign doctors, failing my audits and working every darn weekend. I have had enough. No, I don't have a job but I am hopeful and I will be getting my husband's SS soon. I just can't take this BS anymore. ...

Nuance Resignation Policy
May 28, 2015

To All Nuance Employees: Please be aware if you do not fulfill your 2-week notice requirement, you will not be eligible for rehire.     ...

So I Turned In My Resignation Due To Lack Of Work -
Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

Happily Sent My Letter Of Resignation To SS Today. I Do Note Sm
Feb 09, 2011

that their current ad no longer promises an abundance of work ... finally .. truth in advertising!  LOL   Happy Days are here again ... lalalala ...

Update On Resignation Effective Immediately Molleycat
Jul 08, 2014

Hi everyone! Last month, I posted on here that I resigned effective immediately. I had had enough of the crappy ESL doctors, the audits, the poor VR, etc., etc. I just want everyone to know there is hope. I found out today that I will be getting my husband's SS with a lump sum at the end of this month and monthly payments starting in August. The payments may be more than what I originally thought. I have also put out about 40 resumes and have only gotten one bite. that one bite is a ...