A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Post resignation interview - old and burned out

Posted: Dec 05, 2013

Just got the call asking why I left MM and how I felt about the company.  Hard to answer thoroughly with the choices given but let her know that I thought their policies were despicable.  The interviewer said she heard that all the time (not that this is news to anyone).  Would I ever work for them again?  Ho, ho, ho!

Interview - Just goes to show you

[ In Reply To ..]
it doesn't matter what the reason or what anyone says, they aren't going to change. An exit interview, really? What for???? Just to justify someone's job probably. I am sure they have had a gazillion different situations where people have quit and yet_. I knew an MT when it was Medquist and she was offered a CCM position; she lasted four hours and quit! Didn't make one speck of difference and she had been with the company for years, back when it was Transcription's Ltd, or something like that. They give nothing and expect everything. Should have told them off!

I did the best I could - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
but the interviewer was from an independent company and the format of the interview was the choice between Very Satisfied, Satisfied, Dissatisfied, etc. There was no real opportunity to make detailed comments about the companies policies.

I have a friend who also worked for them for years as TL. She was hired, fired, hired, fired, hired and then quit. She also had the CCM job which she said is absolutely horrible.

Hmmm - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
Did not think they would hire you back if they fired you. Interesting.
Good point ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Even if you quit you have to wait an entire year before you can reapply. To be fired and rehired so many times sounds really odd to me.
I got rehired after 4 months - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They might have changed their policy, but I quit back in 2009, went to Spheris, got on an account that didn't have any work and after 4 months when then Medquist called me to see if I would consider going back to it, I said sure, gave my 2 weeks notice and came back. I did give 2 weeks notice when I quit then Medquist originally. My supervisor at the time said if I wanted to be considered for rehire that I needed to give 2 weeks notice and not just quit on the spot.
Nevertheless, - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
it happened. She was not an MT but in a management position. It happened right after we were sent home to work and our office closed. They were reorganizing at the time and eliminated her job, then found her another job then eliminated that. The final time she became a CCM and then quit because they expected her to work 24/7.

Similar Messages:

JLG - Resignation
Mar 08, 2011

Can anybody share their experience when they left JLG?  Did you give a 2 week notice and did they let you work or did they shut you out right away?  ...

Resignation
Apr 03, 2015

Does anyone know if it is still customary to give 2 weeks' notice when you resign from a job.  I think I have had quite enough of MMODAL.  ...

MM Resignation Inquiry?
Feb 08, 2012

I wonder if MQ/MM does a follow-up inquiry after a person quits, to find out why.  Does anyone know? ...

Who To Send Resignation To?
Sep 20, 2013

I just got a call that I am hired for a job that I interviewed for yesterday (YAY!).  My question is besides my CCM or whatever her title is now who else do I copy on my letter of resignation?  And where do I find their names because I don't know who is above her.  Thanks in advance!  P.S. If you are looking for a job just don't give up.  I've been looking for 3 years! ...

Anybody Ever Sent A Tell-it-all Resignation Letter?
Oct 21, 2014

s ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Letter Of Resignation - VR Style.
Jul 09, 2013

This was just too funny not to share!  :) To Wombs it May Concerta: I would like to deworm you cat eye am resounding from my apposition from the nuisance Company effective repeatedly. Thank you for the rapport of tougher impunity that you improvised me during my torture with your company.  If I can be of any resistance during this opposition, please field free 2 fret me know.   I would be graduate to dismiss you any day I can. ...

Resignation Effective Immediately
Jun 07, 2014

I have handed in my resignation effective immediately. I am so tired of hearing these foreign doctors, failing my audits and working every darn weekend. I have had enough. No, I don't have a job but I am hopeful and I will be getting my husband's SS soon. I just can't take this BS anymore. ...

Nuance Resignation Policy
May 28, 2015

To All Nuance Employees: Please be aware if you do not fulfill your 2-week notice requirement, you will not be eligible for rehire.     ...

So I Turned In My Resignation Due To Lack Of Work -
Jun 14, 2014

sent it to the owner of the company and cc'd her admin asst, who hired me.  The AA accidentally replied back to the owner on that same email chain and forgot to delete my name so it was sent to me too, stating she was "ticked off" that I quit, that they had done "so much for me" and basically that it was my fault because I didn't communicate to them that I didn't have enough work.  Mind you, we had discussed this via email 3 weeks prior, that I wasn't making enough ...

Turning In My Resignation, What Should I Say? Nice Or Nasty. NM
Dec 09, 2014

xx ...

Happily Sent My Letter Of Resignation To SS Today. I Do Note Sm
Feb 09, 2011

that their current ad no longer promises an abundance of work ... finally .. truth in advertising!  LOL   Happy Days are here again ... lalalala ...

Update On Resignation Effective Immediately Molleycat
Jul 08, 2014

Hi everyone! Last month, I posted on here that I resigned effective immediately. I had had enough of the crappy ESL doctors, the audits, the poor VR, etc., etc. I just want everyone to know there is hope. I found out today that I will be getting my husband's SS with a lump sum at the end of this month and monthly payments starting in August. The payments may be more than what I originally thought. I have also put out about 40 resumes and have only gotten one bite. that one bite is a ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Interview With MQ
Mar 11, 2010

Is there anyone that actually enjoys working for MQ?  I lost my job this week and so I am looking for something to start quickly, and so far the only interview I have set up is with MQ.  Please give me some hope! ...

MD-IT INTERVIEW
Apr 15, 2010

Hi--I have a phone interview next week with MD-IT. Can anyone tell me what to expect.  Im kinda a little nervous.  ...

I Have An Interview With MD-IT
Jun 02, 2011

I have an interview with MD-IT and wondered about some posts in the archives that are quite recent that stated there has been a lack of work and layoffs with no warning.  I am wondering whether I should even bother interviewing.  I am looking for a new job because of lack of work, not wanting to walk into another similar situation.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. ...

Interview With MQ CEO.
Aug 02, 2011

I encourage all MQ employees to register with this newspaper (link below)and voice your opinion of MedQuist. It is our chance to be heard and let the public hear the "other side" rather than the "rosy" talk of Mr. Davenport. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110731/BUSINESS/307310032/MedQuist-tip-health-records-evolution?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs ...

Job Interview?
Oct 30, 2012

Was wondering if Nuance is a reliable place to work for? If anyone else works for them?  I was emailed for an interview, and was just curious.  Any and all info appreciated.. ty~ :) Gina ...

Need To Interview An MT
Nov 14, 2013

I am looking for a Transcriptionist (whether recently employed or been working as a transcriptionist for years) to interview for my final semester to understand the changes and demands of the transcription filed. I also want to know how you feel about the way things have changed. You can either reply here or through my email Some questions: 1. What education and/or training did you go through to become an MT? 2. Where are you employed (hospital/clinic) and how long have you been working ...

Job Interview Help
Apr 09, 2014

I have an interview next week for a coder 1 position.  Have had my CPC-A for a few months, but not much luck getting a position.  This is the 1st interview I have even been offered.  Any tips on how to land this job?  I have many year experience as a medical secretary, transcriptionist, editor, but getting that 1st coding job in the area where I live is very difficult.  Small town, not much opportunity.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ...

Got An Interview
Aug 04, 2014

for an ophthalmic scribe/technician position for Wednesday.  Fingers crossed it pays decently and I get it!! ...

I Have An Interview For A Non-MT Job....they Are Going To
Oct 28, 2014

of my former employer (MModal)--- can anyone tell me what this is?  I can't find it anywhere.  I have an address on my tax form that says New Jersey, but didn't they move to Tenessee or ? .  Also,  I see so many numbers for MModal....but which one would I give to the person who is interviewing me to call and check on my employment?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in Advance!   ...

Interview
Jan 26, 2015

Hello, Does anyone have any helpful tips for me? I'm on my way to a job interview for transcription. I'm a former MT wanting to get back into it. I have experience, but haven't worked in the MT business for 1 year now. I do know I am the only person interviewing because the job isn't posted.  I have my updated resume, nice dress outfit, hair and nails groomed, and shoes polished.  Any helpful advice to calm my nerves? I really want this job.    ...

PF Interview
Feb 03, 2015

Just found out today that I have an interview with Patient First on Friday!  Any idea what to expect for the interview?  I tested a few weeks ago and had given up hope!   ...

I Have An Interview With MQ Monday...
Dec 19, 2009

Is anyone happy at MQ?  I have been an IC for the past two years and have to have benefits including insurance.  Any suggestions or ????  Thanks ...