A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help!!!! I accidentally turned expanders off!!! - sebadoo

Posted: Nov 19, 2009

I cannot find anything on this junk desk!!!!!  Please help!!!

F4 - suez

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Help Please! I Accidentally Turned Off
Feb 25, 2013

the capitalize first letter of each sentence function. I don't know how I did it or I could probably turn it back on. ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

Ugh, I Just Accidentally Hit A Key Combo That
Feb 21, 2015

report to upload.  I hope that automatically pends to QC so it doesn't go to the client like that.  To the QC who gets this report...I apologize!  I hope you don't have to edit the report--hopefully you can send it right back to me?  I alerted my TSM in Spark and he just said "don't worry it will autopend."  ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

VR Question...accidentally Activated Something
Aug 10, 2011

To make a LONG story as short as possible...  Background info: I am an MT who works from home for a hospital. I have full-time employee status, and we do have a Union.  After several years of working onsite, I finally started working from home in May of this year. I am not a "Medical Records" MT. I was/am considered a "specialized" MT as I was hired to transcribe for two different specialties (20 hours each week for both spec ...

How Is Accidentally Omitting The DOS In The ADT A Critical Error?
May 14, 2012

x ...

My Doctor Accidentally Encrypted His Dictation
Sep 04, 2014

Hi I posted this once but not sure if it went through.  I use Olympus Transcriptoin Kit and can usually transcribe any type of voice file by dragging it into the system.  One of my doctors accidentally encrypted his dictation and now my transcription module asks me for a password to decrypt it.  The problem being of course he doesn't even know how he did that and I am not sure how to get this encrypted from here. I don't think I can do it on my end and to ask him to figu ...

Prevent Accidentally Saving Over Template
May 10, 2015

I have tried to train my brain to use Save As to prevent saving over my templates but I still save over them all too often.  I am using Instant Text but still don't have shortcuts for a lot of my doctors in there yet.  Any advice is much appreciated. ...

HIPAA Violation? My HMO's Records Dept Accidentally Sent
Jan 10, 2015

instead of my own.  I called and told the person (it was the exact person that I had send the records)  and he acted like it was no big deal -- he just goes, "oh could you bring that back here today?"  Of course I will bring them back, but I think it was funny how he made it seem like there was nothing wrong with the scenario.  He probably thought I had no idea about HIPAA.  ...

Turned Down Again
Feb 15, 2011

Applied for in-house office clerk job.  Recruiter said I looked great and she would send the application to the department head.  Never heard.  Checked the online status.  Message the next day after meeting with recruiter said "thanks but no thanks, you are not being considered for this position." So she lied I presume?  I guess the next thing to try is cashier for the Dollar store.  I feel so low.  What do people think we are doing all these years in ...

Turned It Down
Mar 11, 2014

Life is too short to spend hours every day flipping through pages to see if it is a 123.9 or a 674.4b.  Dont want to spend my time applying sticky notes on the edges of the pages. Coders I know hate it and don't recommend it, too much hassle, grindingly boring.  So whoever gets my chance by default, love and luck to you always.   ...

I Somehow Turned My Expansions Off
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn them back on?  TIA ...

Turned In My Notice
Aug 18, 2010

I finally turned in my notice. I actually starting leaving abt 4 mos ago.  Took a PT gig w/another company and just love it. I had gotten to the point that I hated to come to work. I found that I did not hate my job I hated the company that I worked for. My husband told me to stop complaining and find something else and I did.  I went fulltime w/this company and am already making $4/hour more than I was at MQ and get this doing ASR....I hated ASR w/MQ. This companies system is so ...

Turned In My Notice...
Aug 30, 2011

I've said this before w/in the last week, but again, I never bashed my former employers on here until the last few weeks.  I've been "owned" by MQ for awhile since they bought my previous (wonderful) employer maybe a year ago, and I've finally had it.  So excited to leave, but wishing those of you who are sticking it out the best.  If you're going to be nasty, don't even bother.  I've had enough life sucked out of me to argue w/ you.  Again, ...

Light Just Turned Red
Apr 17, 2013

They are aware of the problem.  I bet.  ...

What Have You Turned To Once Leaving MT
Jun 25, 2014

Just wondering what those of you who have chosen to leave the MT field entirely and go into some other business have found to do when you've been doing MT for 30 years?  I'm not asking you to tell me which company/field specifically (not looking to swipe your job, etc.) but just wanted to see what else is out there that one of us has found easy to transition to, etc.  My goal was to quit MT and start making custom-made cat furniture/trees but that has gotten put on the back b ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Turned Down From Precyse Email
Feb 05, 2013

What does this mean?  What the heck ?  Why do they let us waste our time on testing when you get this:  Thank you for your interest in Precyse. After reviewing your assessment, we have concluded that this particular opportunity is not a direct match with your background. Before anyone asks or make comments, I have been transcribing for almost 2 decades, the reports were not hard, could not hear dictator in one because of screaming child that was playing nearby when they were dic ...

Nuance Is Like What Spheris Turned Into
Jul 16, 2013

Nuance now reminds me of the old Spheris, when micromanaging and nitpicking became the norm.  It became impossible to just work and so many left.  Last I heard, Spheris went under.. ...

Can Fuzzy Result Be Turned Off?
Feb 25, 2014

Can our cc look up be put back the way it was?   Thanks in advance. ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

Yay Me. Took The Plunge And Turned In My Notice.
Jun 13, 2014

Had enough and moving on. Will miss working with my TSM. She's great. Other than that, can't think of anything I will miss about Nuance. ...

I Turned In My Notice Yesterday
Feb 19, 2015

I just have to get through to next Friday.  I don't have anything I going to yet, but could not do this any longer as my blood pressure is extremely high.   I wish all of you who decide to stay in the torture chamber a while longer good luck.  ...

Termination For Using Expanders?
Nov 06, 2009

Did anyone get the message today that using expanders over 75 characters will result in immediate termination? ...

Question About Expanders For VR.
Aug 13, 2010

Can someone suggest a "free" text expander for VR.  I've seen some around on the internet, but as far as which one would be a little better than the other?  I'd love to get Shorthand for Windows, but the truth of the matter with my very meager check I'm getting now on VR, there is not much leftover, if any, to spend on buying software.  Let's put it this way, I'd love to get the Ferrari, but the reality is that I can only afford the Pinto or the Yugo right ...

Question About Expanders
May 13, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 5 years now.  I have never used an expander yet, but I am just wondering about them.  I think that if I were to use an expander, I would be way too paranoid about it and it would end up taking longer double checking than if I were to just type the whole sentence or paragraph out myself.  My question is this:  What kind of expanders do you use and does it really cut down on the time for each report?  Are there any easy littl ...

Who Has The Best Word Expanders?
Oct 04, 2012

Who has the best expanders and compatible with most transcription programs including Meditech, etc?  Shortcut, Shorthand, or InstantText Pro 7?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

MediSoft And Expanders
Nov 18, 2012

Are there any expander programs that work within MediSoft?   One of my doctors is switching to this software, and while I'm happy to be included in the transition rather than kicked to the curb, I will miss the heavy assist I get from Word AutoText and AutoCorrect. The guy who gave me the 15-minute mini-training said no expanders would work with MediSoft, but that was after finally getting him to understand I was not asking about spell-check... so I'm not sure he even knew what ...

Typing Expanders
Sep 07, 2013

Shorthand or SwiftText?  (Or maybe something else affordable.)  I need something that I can obtain a disc in case of reinstalling.  I just had to do a system restore and was using Instant Text Pro V 7.  Of course, there is no disc for this program.  As they described it, I was "renting" the program and would need to pay the full price again to reinstall on the same computer.  (A bunch of crap in my opinion, but what does my opinion matter to them?)  My Word Aut ...