A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SmartMed. What platform do they use? Thanks. nm - looking

Posted: Oct 21, 2011

xx

When I left there, they were using their own. It was horrible and no tech support to speak of (sm) - Aunt Sooz

[ In Reply To ..]
They may have changed it since then, but I don't think so.

No.....it's still theirs. - TXMT

[ In Reply To ..]
And it IS horrible. There is absolutely no tech support. If you have a problem, you are on your own. They've cut all benefits, if you want them, you pay in full even though you are an employee. There is no communication. The company has gone downhill in the last several years, losing several major accounts to name one. There is 1 account which is a huge teaching hospital. When the work runs out, that's it. You have to wait until the work comes in which happens all summer. You end up working 12 to 14 hours just for what they consider full-time.

Thanks. I guess I'll pass. nm - looking

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

this is nothing recent but they've been having problems since 2005 - that I know of

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometime back then is when they changed their name from Transclutions to SmartMed (usually done to start over with clean slate)and gave us some really really lame reason, but told a more truthful one not too much later when they had to cut back on ALL benefits. They were in trouble. I see by these posts they've pulled out of that one and held on till now, albeit by a thread. But back then they still had several accounts and full staff on each - working there was still good no matter what heppened behind those scenes. Now, not so sure...how long do you have to wait before filing and reopening again?

Good luck to you, Tate. I'm sure you'll be fine no matter what the future holds. It's happening everywhere.
I totally agree with you !!! - lizzie
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly how I feel about them. Sucky company,about to go under, 1 main account left - who in their right mind would even want to work there?????????????

Similar Messages:

Smartmed, LP
Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone have thoughts on Smartmed? Good or bad? ...

Anybody Know About SmartMed?
Sep 20, 2010

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Email me if you want. ...

SmartMed - Anything About Them?
Dec 13, 2012

Anybody know anything about SmartMed out of TN? TIA ...

Any Smartmed Employees Here?
May 06, 2010

Wondering what everyone is thinking about the no work again and NO other accounts to work on. ...

SMARTMED RADIOLOGY
Oct 03, 2010

Anyone worked for Smartmed (former TSI) out of Texas doing radiology? Could you tell me how the platform is, dictators and pay.  Thanks ! ...

SmartMed Recommendation
Feb 07, 2012

I see they have an ad.  I worked there but left for family tragedy.  I am giving them an unsolicited endorsement.  Wonderful, friendly women.  they do have teaching accounts so not for newbies.  If you want to work for a good company and deal with sane individuals, I recommend them.  I did not make tons of money there (but where can you anymore) but it was certainly refreshing to deal with adults.   ...

SmartMed - Any Info?
Aug 16, 2012

Any info on SmartMed would be appreciated. ...

SmartMed Has A Job Ad And Am Wondering If Sm
Sep 05, 2012

anyone is working for them now.  Archives give good and bad, but would like to hear from someone who is currently employed.  Would anyone give some input please!  Sounds good!  Thx ...

SmartMed Job Listing
Sep 11, 2012

I see there are 2 dislikes on the Smartmed job listing that was posted tonight.  I sent in my resume a little bit after it was posted and before I saw that.  Anyone work for them currently?  I couldn't find much in the archives about them.  My only problem is that I have no recent acute care experience, I did work at a hospital from 1995 to 1997 and the rest of the time I have done various clinic jobs.    I just want to break into a company and get some acut ...

Anyone Have Information On Smartmed? - Sm
Nov 05, 2014

I have not seen anything about them on the board.  Maybe that's a good thing?  Was wondering if anyone has worked for them or currently works for them.   ...

Any Smartmed Employees Out There Left?
Nov 08, 2011

I feel there is something else brewing with this place.  It's gone downhill for awhile but lately, I get a bad vibe that something's going down.   ...

SmartMed Out Of Brenham,Texas
Nov 28, 2011

Question short and sweet.  Anybody familiar with this company? ...

Hey Smartmed Employees - Question !!
Dec 24, 2012

Has anyone actually been charged $5 per report for skipping? They keep threatening this and I was told they actually charged someone close to $50 for skipping reports. ...

What Kind Of Platgform Does SmartMed Use?
Feb 08, 2015

nm ...

SmartMed Links On Job Page Do Not Work
Oct 20, 2011

The links to apply for job posting on the job page for SmartMed do not work, they bring up mtstars page.  I hope you are aware of this. ...

Info On TransTech, Diskriter, SmartMed
Oct 24, 2011

Any info on TransTech, Diskriter or SmartMed? Tested will all 3 and am interviewing soon.  Need positive feedback as well as bad...Thanks ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...

DQS Platform
Nov 02, 2010

Needing a general consensus on whether or not you like the DQS platform...what about it's ASR generated reports.  I personally like the platform and think the ASR reports aren't as bad as some platforms I have been on...I just hate the rate of ASR pay.  Though it is estimated the production increases with ASR, for most, that simply is not the case and, per a study I found online, quite the opposite.  Please see results from that independent study below.   En ...

MD-IT Platform
Oct 07, 2011

Does anyone have experience with the MD-IT platform? If so, is it easy to work with? Thanks for any info. ...

Which Is The Best Platform For EMR For IC/MTs?
Aug 29, 2012

In your experience, which platform would you recommend an IC/MT suggest a physician's office utilize? This would be probably for four docs per office or less and one to four MTs. I am hoping to "sell" some local private doctor offices with this form of EMR so it may save my current small job and also allow me to obtain more work. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to "sell" this idea to them. Thank you for any help you may be able to share with me. ...

Best Platform For MT???
Aug 29, 2012

Small and independent and was wanting some opinions/information on the best platform to use. I am currently using one now but was curious about webchart, chartnet, and scribemanager. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  ...

FFT Platform?
May 25, 2015

Sooo, anyone care to share which companies use the FFT (Fluency) platform other than the company formerly known as The Big Q? ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

SoftScript Platform?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know what platform SoftScript uses?  TIA. ...

What Platform Does Chronicle Use?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have info about them, good or bad? ...

Is MedQuist's Platform
Jan 04, 2010

compatible with Windows 7? ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

What Platform Does Zylomed Use? Does Anyone Know?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone know what platform they use?  Any other info, like pay scale?  Thanks. ...

Platform With Inscribe Out Of KY?
Feb 08, 2010

Was wondering what platform this company uses, does anyone know?  It is Inscribe out of Kentucky.  I've talked with two different people at the company and they are saying they don't know what platform they use.  However, a Dictaphone 15-pin foot pedal is required, so would that be ExText?  Thanks in advance.... ...

What VR Platform Does TransTech Use?
Feb 19, 2010

nm ...