A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SmartMed job listing - JB

Posted: Sep 11, 2012

I see there are 2 dislikes on the Smartmed job listing that was posted tonight.  I sent in my resume a little bit after it was posted and before I saw that. 

Anyone work for them currently?  I couldn't find much in the archives about them.  My only problem is that I have no recent acute care experience, I did work at a hospital from 1995 to 1997 and the rest of the time I have done various clinic jobs. 

I just want to break into a company and get some acute care experience.  The company I work for right now is getting less and less every day.  Today they only let me type 330 lines and told me to call it a day.  I would just love to be able to do 2 transcription jobs and quit my early morning stock job at Menard's.

Wonder what they are really looking for? - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent a resume last week when they had an ad posted and never received a response. I have 25+ years acute care experience, do not job hop, the only times I have changed jobs is when the company went out of business or was bought out (which just happened to me) and did not here from them. Wishing you luck, maybe they will at least contact you.

oops - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe I answered my own questions or observation, cannot type evidently since I did not here from them instead of hear!

LOL...I didn't even notice the here - JB

[ In Reply To ..]
It is rough trying to find another job. I have been typing for this one physician for the last 11 years, so I don't job hop either. I guess the only thing I can do is apply for what I think I am qualified for and see what happens.

I just took a look at it. What I don't like is that the - pay per line diminishes as - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
line production diminishes. First of all, usually the reason for lower line counts is crummier dictators, crummier software, or ridiculously complicated, 50-page job descriptions for each client. Or the fact that the MT may be working on multiple hospital accounts, and rarely get the chance to get the same dictator twice. Yet she's working harder, researching more.

And it's a double-whammy - even if all MTs make the same cpl regardless of line count, they're going to make less when their production is lower. To give them less per line penalizes them TWICE.

Also, the fact that you don't become full employee until you can do 1300 lines per day without fail for 3 months is kinda harsh.

They need to offer potential employees a better deal than that, if they want to start getting some "likes".

Yes - Nameless

[ In Reply To ..]
You raised some good points. I will just add that they outsource to Philippines and India. When you actually start working with them and they send mass e-mails to the contractors they have on this account, the picture gets clear.

I can tell you their software is their own made-up crap. s/m - beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
They made this platform years ago. It had numerous upgrades. You work from a pool. You work a work order. But when the supers are not on, there is a tremendous amount of cherry picking. People skip short reports and difficult dictators. This has been going on forever. They threaten and nothing happens. Years ago, they cut all benefits and perks because they were operating in the red. At one time, I had a primary account and 5 back ups. They lost all of them. I was put on a huge teaching hospital that totally sucks. No back up accounts. I finally had enough after 14 years and left.

Wow...it just gets worse - JB

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the input on the place. I will just keep on looking.
P.S. Regarding "benefits"........ s/m - beentheredonethat
[ In Reply To ..]
They do offer medical, dental, etc. BUT you have to pay in full. They do not pay an employer portion. One of the things we lost back in the "running in the red days." They do give 1 PL day a month and pay on time. That's about the only 2 positive things. Not enough to warrant working for them.

Smartmed - atomic

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them for a while recently. They have a middle manager who is crazy, arbitrarily giving and taking away a 1 cpl raise. The atmosphere was chaotic and often hostile (thanks to the middle manager). After 9 months, I'd had enough. Really crappy place to work.

Similar Messages:

Med Listing S/l Procetil Nm
Nov 08, 2009

xx ...

Weakness And Listing
Nov 11, 2011

The doctor is saying weakness and listing to one side...is it listing or am I not hearing it right? ...

Question About A Job Listing
Mar 15, 2014

I was looking at the ad for Babbletype...Does anyone know anything about them ...

Need Help With Medication Listing
Sep 17, 2014

Under the medication heading the doc ditates: Medication 50 mg, quantity 60 for 30 days, take 1 capsule by mouth twice a day, with 1 refill Every medication is listed this way and there are approx. 8.  I have not seen this before and an usure how it should be transcribed.  Would it be as typed above with a semicolon between each, each typed as a sentence, or what?   Thanks! JB ...

Number Sign And Listing In ASR
Jan 28, 2010

In ASR I was told that when there is a list (docs usually say "next number"...) and the machine puts the # sign, that the "system would automatically make a numerical list, converting the # sign to an actual number".: #.... #.... #... One one report I had a report that had #, about three or four of them and I sent it through.  I got negative feedback, because I had left the # in and didn't type out the number.  Yet on others, nothing ever came back!  Which is correct? & ...

Medication Listing Question
Aug 25, 2012

When typing out medications patient is taking. Can you type it like this? LESCOL ZANTAC TOPROL LASIX etc. Or does it matter? ...

Listing The Thoracic Vertebrae
Mar 11, 2015

How are the thoracic vertebrae listed if dictated individually, i.e.  T 8, 9, 10 and 11, or T8, T9, T10 and T11?  In other words, should the "T" be added before each numeral?  Thanks. ...

MCOD Medical Coder Job Listing
Mar 12, 2013

x ...

Got A Reversal Only Because They Made A Mistake Listing Me As The Dictator
Feb 18, 2015

I can just see their smug red face conceding they made a mistake. Makes my day. Now back to my dictating! ...

Smartmed, LP
Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone have thoughts on Smartmed? Good or bad? ...

Anybody Know About SmartMed?
Sep 20, 2010

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Email me if you want. ...

SmartMed - Anything About Them?
Dec 13, 2012

Anybody know anything about SmartMed out of TN? TIA ...

Anyone Have A Good Site Listing Cardiac Catheters And Sheaths?
Nov 17, 2010

It seems like every time I transcribe a cardiac cath report, there's yet another new sheath, catheter, introducer, etc., that I've never heard of.  Does anyone have a go-to website listing these? ...

Any Smartmed Employees Here?
May 06, 2010

Wondering what everyone is thinking about the no work again and NO other accounts to work on. ...

SMARTMED RADIOLOGY
Oct 03, 2010

Anyone worked for Smartmed (former TSI) out of Texas doing radiology? Could you tell me how the platform is, dictators and pay.  Thanks ! ...

SmartMed. What Platform Do They Use? Thanks. Nm
Oct 21, 2011

xx ...

SmartMed Recommendation
Feb 07, 2012

I see they have an ad.  I worked there but left for family tragedy.  I am giving them an unsolicited endorsement.  Wonderful, friendly women.  they do have teaching accounts so not for newbies.  If you want to work for a good company and deal with sane individuals, I recommend them.  I did not make tons of money there (but where can you anymore) but it was certainly refreshing to deal with adults.   ...

SmartMed - Any Info?
Aug 16, 2012

Any info on SmartMed would be appreciated. ...

SmartMed Has A Job Ad And Am Wondering If Sm
Sep 05, 2012

anyone is working for them now.  Archives give good and bad, but would like to hear from someone who is currently employed.  Would anyone give some input please!  Sounds good!  Thx ...

Anyone Have Information On Smartmed? - Sm
Nov 05, 2014

I have not seen anything about them on the board.  Maybe that's a good thing?  Was wondering if anyone has worked for them or currently works for them.   ...

Any Smartmed Employees Out There Left?
Nov 08, 2011

I feel there is something else brewing with this place.  It's gone downhill for awhile but lately, I get a bad vibe that something's going down.   ...

SmartMed Out Of Brenham,Texas
Nov 28, 2011

Question short and sweet.  Anybody familiar with this company? ...

Hey Smartmed Employees - Question !!
Dec 24, 2012

Has anyone actually been charged $5 per report for skipping? They keep threatening this and I was told they actually charged someone close to $50 for skipping reports. ...

What Kind Of Platgform Does SmartMed Use?
Feb 08, 2015

nm ...

SmartMed Links On Job Page Do Not Work
Oct 20, 2011

The links to apply for job posting on the job page for SmartMed do not work, they bring up mtstars page.  I hope you are aware of this. ...

Info On TransTech, Diskriter, SmartMed
Oct 24, 2011

Any info on TransTech, Diskriter or SmartMed? Tested will all 3 and am interviewing soon.  Need positive feedback as well as bad...Thanks ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...

Back Pain And "listing" While Walking
Mar 09, 2010

Dr. states "back pain and listing while walking".  Is listing correct??? ...