A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SmartMed recommendation - Hoda

Posted: Feb 07, 2012

I see they have an ad.  I worked there but left for family tragedy.  I am giving them an unsolicited endorsement.  Wonderful, friendly women.  they do have teaching accounts so not for newbies.  If you want to work for a good company and deal with sane individuals, I recommend them.  I did not make tons of money there (but where can you anymore) but it was certainly refreshing to deal with adults.  

They went to VR 2 weeks ago - no work - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
At least for radiology that is. I don't know about acute care.

You must be management. - beenthere

[ In Reply To ..]
The ONLY account left is a large teaching hospital. The only benefit you'll get is partial pay on health insurance. The rest of insurances, life, dental, etc. you pay 100%. They have fired several long-time employees lately for "not doing enough difficult dictators" among other vague reasons, those employees were grandfathered in on the pay scale, and yes, they are hiring newbies for peanuts. There is NO tech support whatsoever. And friendly women? Please. Those attitudes changed years ago. I would work at McDonald's before working for them.

SmartMed - Yorkiemom

[ In Reply To ..]
I work there and know for a fact they have more than that one account. Pay at 9 cpl is peanuts? Better than I see other places advertising at 6 and 7 cpl. I also have tech support when I need it.
Then you must be one of the lucky ones to a decent supervisor/manager. - beenthere
[ In Reply To ..]
We were repeatedly told if we lost this account, there were NO other accounts to work. Three years ago, I had 1 main account and 4 backup accounts. Smartmed lost all 5 accounts so I was put on that teaching hospital. That supervisor has such a bad attitude, I dreaded every day I had to work. I still have friends there and they say it's not any better. Yes, the pay is good and they do pay on time. Is the 9 cpl for employee status or IC? Glad you have tech support. After the "tech" died 4 years ago, when we had a problem, we were pretty much on our own because whoever is the tech now never could figure out the problems we were having. You're lucky to be on a different part of that place.
Must be for IC. - beenthere2
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked employee status and averaged 11 cpl on the pay scale. Still would never go back there. Unorganized, crappy accounts left that they didn't lose, and snotty rude people.
hate it. with a passion. - amtherenow
[ In Reply To ..]
no work. what a joke.
why do you hate it? - amtherenowtoo
[ In Reply To ..]
i am there too and not sure what to think. some days i want to quit on the spot - other days i just roll with it. there are some policies i think are just pure bunk.

Similar Messages:

Recommendation/Suggestion
Apr 16, 2013

Everyone should make a habit of getting a letter of reference from CURRENT employers even before you are actually looking for another job.  All you have to say is that you are updating your resume and want to be sure you have current letters of reference attached as well.  It doesn't matter if you are working as an "employee", if they are happy with you and with your work, they should have no problem giving this to you.  If you are an "IC", it should be even easier since you ...

Recommendation For Those Ever-recurring Little Corrections.
Oct 25, 2009

You know, where you have to stop and type in a "his," "the," "no," "were," "and," or separate a run-on into 2 sentences, add a "She" to a sentence, change a letter, join 2 sentences into one, etc., because VR goofed. This has been working well for me:  Use SINGLE LETTERS (T, E, F, and so on) for the very most common words and corrections. Like T for "the," N for "no," E for "was", J for "has," F for macro that toggles letter from lower to upper and upper to lower ...

Coding Books Recommendation
Jun 09, 2010

Does anyone recommend any beginning coding books to explore the field of coding and possibly get a head start while I am awaiting school?   Thanks so much. ...

Transcription Program Recommendation?
Feb 22, 2012

Currently, I receive voice files by email, transcribe with Express Scribe, and print.   My doctor would like a way to be able to see what she has sent and what has been typed to be sure we are not missing something in the email, keeping up with tat and etc.     Hoping someone can recommend the best way to send and receive voice files so we both have access to the same information and with that information in an orderly fashion, something easy to understand and master the process ...

Need Recommendation To Replace SH Program...
May 29, 2012

I'm a Webmedx transplant.  Since early next year we will be unable to continue using Shorthand 10.0 program for word expansion, can someone recommend a good substitute that will be compatible with the Enterprise program and Escription?  Years ago I used PRD. Thanks in advance!     ...

Any Recommendation Wrt E-mail Services?
Sep 23, 2014

When I updated to windows 7, I lost outlook express email on my laptop and discovered -- Microsoft is not endearing in just this way -- that it cost about $35-40 as a stand alone. I don't really want to use G-mail for "everything" for privacy reasons -- any recommendations? Firefox offers "Thunderbird" and has a half-dozen recommendations .. "cheap" annual subscription, but not free. ...

Need Keyboard Recommendation For Issues With De Quervain's
Mar 26, 2010

I have been a MT for close to 15 years & have used a Kinesis keyboard for the majority of that time. I am currently using the Advantage. I actually have a couple of these with the same keyboard layout. I have suddenly developed De Quervain's of my left thumb. (Apparently, I backspace more than I thought I did!) I was placed in a brace but cannot use it while typing. I am using some compression gloves when I work and just do not use my thumb. I have remapped a key in ...

Billing/Coding School Recommendation Sm
Jun 28, 2010

Thinking of taking billing/coding courses since transcription is going downhill.  Any good on-line schools that are AHIMA accredited?  Do you have to take courses only accredited by AHIMA?  What about their courses?  Any suggestions and/or help would be appreciated.  (Also, I don't want to take a course that takes years to complete.)  Thanks in advance! ...

Line Count Program Recommendation
Nov 09, 2011

Can anybody recommend a reliable line count program that will count in the Word 2010 program?  I used to use Abacus which you could access directly in Word if you inserted a shortcut to it.  This way I could finish a document, count it, then close it with a password.  Abacus apparently doesn't work in Word 2010 and I've been experimenting wtih other counting programs but haven't found one that is as easy to use ... everything so far seems to require many more steps.  I use a g ...

Recommendation For Line Count Software
Jun 15, 2012

I've searched on MTStars high and low already and only get posts that are so old the links no longer work or the product is no longer available. My question is can someone recommend an inexpensive (under $50) Line Counting Software that counts headers/footers?  And could you please include a link so I can find this software?  It does not even have to gin up an invoice but just counts lines (including headers/footers).  Many thanks. ...

Career Step Graduates Recommendation
Aug 11, 2012

Any graduates of Career Step that can recommend the course?  Also, is it a licensed school.  I am told that it is based in Provo, Utah. ...

Recommendation For Web-based Email Service...SM
Dec 16, 2012

Hi All, My Cox email service has been out since Friday night with no end in sight.  Can anyone recommend a web-based service like Yahoo, etc., that is simple and safe, so I can open a temporary email for the meantime.  Thanks. ...

Smartmed, LP
Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone have thoughts on Smartmed? Good or bad? ...

Anybody Know About SmartMed?
Sep 20, 2010

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Email me if you want. ...

SmartMed - Anything About Them?
Dec 13, 2012

Anybody know anything about SmartMed out of TN? TIA ...

Any Smartmed Employees Here?
May 06, 2010

Wondering what everyone is thinking about the no work again and NO other accounts to work on. ...

SMARTMED RADIOLOGY
Oct 03, 2010

Anyone worked for Smartmed (former TSI) out of Texas doing radiology? Could you tell me how the platform is, dictators and pay.  Thanks ! ...

SmartMed. What Platform Do They Use? Thanks. Nm
Oct 21, 2011

xx ...

SmartMed - Any Info?
Aug 16, 2012

Any info on SmartMed would be appreciated. ...

SmartMed Has A Job Ad And Am Wondering If Sm
Sep 05, 2012

anyone is working for them now.  Archives give good and bad, but would like to hear from someone who is currently employed.  Would anyone give some input please!  Sounds good!  Thx ...

SmartMed Job Listing
Sep 11, 2012

I see there are 2 dislikes on the Smartmed job listing that was posted tonight.  I sent in my resume a little bit after it was posted and before I saw that.  Anyone work for them currently?  I couldn't find much in the archives about them.  My only problem is that I have no recent acute care experience, I did work at a hospital from 1995 to 1997 and the rest of the time I have done various clinic jobs.    I just want to break into a company and get some acut ...

Anyone Have Information On Smartmed? - Sm
Nov 05, 2014

I have not seen anything about them on the board.  Maybe that's a good thing?  Was wondering if anyone has worked for them or currently works for them.   ...

Any Smartmed Employees Out There Left?
Nov 08, 2011

I feel there is something else brewing with this place.  It's gone downhill for awhile but lately, I get a bad vibe that something's going down.   ...

SmartMed Out Of Brenham,Texas
Nov 28, 2011

Question short and sweet.  Anybody familiar with this company? ...

Hey Smartmed Employees - Question !!
Dec 24, 2012

Has anyone actually been charged $5 per report for skipping? They keep threatening this and I was told they actually charged someone close to $50 for skipping reports. ...

What Kind Of Platgform Does SmartMed Use?
Feb 08, 2015

nm ...

SmartMed Links On Job Page Do Not Work
Oct 20, 2011

The links to apply for job posting on the job page for SmartMed do not work, they bring up mtstars page.  I hope you are aware of this. ...

Info On TransTech, Diskriter, SmartMed
Oct 24, 2011

Any info on TransTech, Diskriter or SmartMed? Tested will all 3 and am interviewing soon.  Need positive feedback as well as bad...Thanks ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...