A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

JLG Medical- Seeking opinions on this company - PJ

Posted: Dec 17, 2009

I am trying to find a nice company to apply with who is not doing layoffs.  Are there any companies out there who have remained stable during these poor economic times?

They never respond to emails... - All I know

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you applied & they've contacted you back? I tried applying, have 15 years of acute care experience, and couldn't get anyone to even respond.

JLG ?s - JFM

[ In Reply To ..]
DSG is or may be hiring, they do NO OFFSHORING whatsoever. I have been with them almost 2 years and absolutely love, love it. Was with that J company, they offshore now, plus ran out of work an awful lot.

Yes, DSG does offshore. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I second that yes to DSG offshoring work - former DSGmt

[ In Reply To ..]
They deny it, but they ship their work to India. Also have heard they own a company in another country.

Well then, that would not be JLG (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't even give them a second look. They laid me off after 7+ years with them. They send a significant amount of work offshore and leave the poor accounts for the American MTs to do. About the only thing you can count on with JLG is that Giselle Gay gets her new Mercedes every year and her private sport box at the Tampa arena.

Laid off - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you were laid off because you were not meeting production. Did you forget about that little pesky requirement?

Wasn't working on production - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was being paid hourly and I was meeting, not to say exceeding, all requirements of the position with excellent annual reviews.
Production - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you were QA, I heard the required production is 80 reports per day.
What is it you didn't understand (sm) - Long time MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was meeting and exceeding all requirements of the job. I was not let go for failing to do anything correctly, and I wasn't the only one who was let go.
? - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
What reason did they give for letting you go?

RE: PESKY REQUIREMENT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So why is it that production/line count requirement is not mentioned when the MTSO/company is unable to provide an adequate amount of work but requires the MT to still put in his/her "required" time?

Were you laid off recently? So sorry, hope you - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
found something better!

Do you think you were laid off b/c you were hourly? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Very few MTs are paid hourly anymore. Wonder if she chose the ones that were paid hourly so she could keep the ones paid by production at lower rates.

She was not hourly MT. She was hourly QA. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Hmmm. She never said anything about being QA. - Where did you get that?
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have inside information and why are you so adamant that she did something wrong??
If I had to guess (sm) - Experience counts
[ In Reply To ..]
These posts from anon (and probably the original post too) are all from either the owner of JLG or her little toadie assistant, Rude Rose, trying to keep the name of her company out there in the MT community. That's the way she rolls, always dissembling and subterfuge.
The rude R is still there? ugh - things never change NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nonononono
Hourly - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know that JLG does not pay hourly for MT, so I assumed this person was QA.

hourly rate MT - MT who knows

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that hourly MTs were probably targeted. I think that any MT who appeared or voiced that by-the-line production pay would be okay or any MT that seemed passive about the entire situation and the management thought would just go with it were probably not laid off/fired and the other MTs who were perceived as probably "trouble makers" and would verbally protest being changed from hourly to pay-by-line were let go. I also think that management probably tried to make it out that the MT(s) they let go had some kind of "issue," because the company/organization/hospital did not want to appear to be the "bad guy" and could still save face with the other workers. Then, after the hourly MTs were gone, sh_t hit the fan and little by little the pay-by-line production was reduced even more and requirement changes were made. I think that the "mind game" of dependence played a role here and that most of the MTs, who were kept on, have some kind of self-concept/self-confidence issue/ dependency issue.

JLG - Long timer

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them a few years ago for about 2 months. I can no longer remember the specifics of what happened, but I do know that my experience with them was horrendous. There was constant friction for a variety of reasons. When I decided to go elsewhere, I got a very scathing letter from the owner, basically putting all the blame on me for everything and pumping herself up. Before this experience, no one had ever attempted to "bring me down" on a personal level before. Thank goodness I wasn't just starting out in this profession at that time, and I had had enough positive experiences to feel secure in myself and my abilities.

I had the same experience (sm) - Tippy tapper

[ In Reply To ..]
I would have to say that my time with JLG was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had in this field. It wasn't until afterwards that I found out from a friend of mine she had been let go along with a number of other very qualified MTs (on Halloween) when the owner decided to start shipping a significant amount of work offshore and started shedding her American MTs while still indicating on the website that they only hired Americans.

horrendous, horrendous ESL dictators - Ornery

[ In Reply To ..]
been doing this 20 years worked 15+ companies (that's not counting multiple hospital accounts). They assigned me a cancer hospital with indecipherable dictators and acted like I was the one at fault for leaving blanks, as if.

Yep, Ornery, it's coming back to me now sm - Long Time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It was ALL me. It was MY fault that there were blanks. Something had to be wrong with ME, and I mean on a personal level something had to be wrong with ME. On and on and on....

Why were there no more postings by "PJ"? - Color me suspicious

[ In Reply To ..]
PJ apparently had nothing more to say after her initial post where JLG's name figured prominently. Just strengthens my suspicion that it was a JLG employee who posted it. Guess you got more than you bargained for, didn't you? You can't keep s***ing on good people and expect your dirty dealings aren't going to get around what is still a relatively small community. Thank god for these boards. One of the happiest days of my life will be when I read on one of these boards that JLG has finally gone under.

Similar Messages:

Remote Medical Jobs Company
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Remote Medical Jobs? I've seen several medical transcriptionist job postings by this company over the past several months.  ...

Non-payment By DW Medical Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

Did some weekends ER reports to DW Medical Transcription, Atlanta, GA from June 20 to Dec 15. They still owe $1,400 for Oct to Dec work. Their accountant lied  "Your check has been mailed. Please do not send any Emails telling me when and what I need to mail to you" and the owner/manager, Felicia made false promise “A check will go out to you next Friday on the 15th of this month”. NOT RECEIVED THE PAYMENT SO FAR AND NO RESPONSE FOR MY EMAILS. Their attorney said ...

Any Info On SR 11 Medical Transcription Company?
May 06, 2011

nm ...

Cypress Medical - Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company?  They are hiriing "summarizers".  Would like to know if anyone has taken the test and/or been hired by this company and what you think.  Thanks ...

MT Company Fired By Boston Medical
Apr 30, 2014

Security breach by MDF Transcription for having no encryption and exposing all patient records to the internet.  Story at Masslive.com.  Apparently happened back in early March.  Anyone ever heard of this company?  ...

Cypress Medical - If This Company Is Really Legit
Jun 24, 2014

Does anyone know if this company is really legit. There is nothing that comes up on Google as far as a company website, or any information really. They give no contact name really. It seems odd. If anyone knows of a website or other company information, would be great. Thanks very much. Lots of scams out there these days. ...

Anybody Have Experience With National Medical Transcription Company?
Oct 07, 2010

I received a job interview for an IC position with a company called National Medical Transcription with headquarters in New York.  Has anybody worked with this company? My main concern was that the company does not offer direct deposit but rather issues a check via mail.  Next concern is a "transparent" means of tallying up productivity for 65 character lines and spaces included. I would appreciate any feedback from present or past contractors. Thank you. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

Medical Data Services? Company Or A Small Owner?
Dec 03, 2010

7 cents a line for independent contracting and for radiology?  What is going on with this business?  The hospitals at least treated us with hourly wages and health benefits.  Now what gives?  For years we fought in-house over knowing that you cannot treat radiology the same and line count it the same either, yet you work just as hard.  Now, 7 cents without taking out taxes?  Every hospital I know has no transcription radiology department any more anyway, so may ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

What Licenses Do I Need To Start A Medical Transcriptionist Company From Home?
Jan 06, 2012

I am interested in starting a small transcription company in my hometown. I will be advertising to the doctors in my town. I was told to check with my local City Hall. I have been transcribing for 12 years for a local hospital, but I am interested in venturing out on my own. Thanks in advance for the advice. Mel ...

Ready To Make A Move To A Company With Medical Benefits. SM
Sep 04, 2012

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 25 years now.  I started young right out of high school and during college, and have been in this profession ever since.  I have always had my own physician clients or worked for small or local transcription services.  I need to make a move soon to a company who offers decent pay and healthcare benefits, as my husband can retire in a few years and I need my own insurance.   I'm younger than my husband, so at age 47 I still have ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - Company That Will Hire With No Experience
Jan 30, 2014

Just graduated from MT school and I am having a lot of trouble finding a company that will hire with no experience... any advice?? thanks!   Jenn ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...

Help - A Non-medical Word In A Medical Report
Jan 25, 2013

It's on a wrist injury.  The word sounds like (it's slurred), but has the sound of - "inishits" The sentence is He has instability of the distal radial ulnar joint.  He had an MRI, which did reveal tear of the TFCC, which _____ with his clinical picture. Anywone have any guesses as to what that might be?  I'm just at a loss. Thanks,   ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Scan Medical In MI - Anyone Still Working At Scan Medical
May 29, 2011

Is anyone still working at Scan Medical.  I lost my account and just wondered if she is getting more accounts. ...

Medical/Rx
Dec 21, 2010

I did some searching for older posts, but cannot seem to find a very accurate answer.  Will someone share how the health insurance benefits are at MQ?  Do you have to produce so many lines to qualify for insurance?  Do they offer Rx coverage?  Is it affordable?  Oh, how long does a new employee have to work before obtaining insurance? Any answer (s) is greatly appreciated. ...

QT Medical
Feb 06, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on QT medical?  Thanks! ...