A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help - a non-medical word in a medical report - help

Posted: Jan 25, 2013

It's on a wrist injury.  The word sounds like (it's slurred), but has the sound of - "inishits"

The sentence is

He has instability of the distal radial ulnar joint.  He had an MRI, which did reveal tear of the TFCC, which _____ with his clinical picture.

Anywone have any guesses as to what that might be?  I'm just at a loss.

Thanks,

is consistent with? - momofjacks

[ In Reply To ..]
that would be my guess.

Thanks - going with that. It makes sentence - :-)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

it sounds like - momofjacks

[ In Reply To ..]
Based on your sounds like, it actually seems like "initiates" which doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the context, but then again how often do these doctors make sense? Thought I'd post though just in case.

which certainly fits with his clinical picture - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Errors In My Medical Report
Mar 29, 2012

I wanted some opinions, please - what would you do if you viewed one of your medical reports on line and discovered it was full of errors?  I fell at work several months ago and needed surgery on my ankle.  As it was work related, I was requested to have a closing exam by an "independent" provider chosen by my employer's industrial insurance.  The final report was available for me to review through their website and I did so today.  It is full of mistakes, ranging from a ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Medical Dictionary For Word 7
Aug 15, 2011

Anybody have experience with adding a medical dictionary that works with Word 7 and doesen't require a home equity loan to download? ...

Getting Medical Transcription Word Expanders
Nov 21, 2011

I am finally getting smart (after 26 years!!!) and looking into getting transcription expanders (but don't have much money) and have no idea what is best all the way around (user friendly, cost, easy to learn as you go, etc.).  Any ideas?  Thanks :) ...

Medical Spellcheck Program For Word?
Jan 08, 2013

Hi all  Can someone recommend me a good program to get for microsoft word 2010 that will allow Word to check the spelling of medical words? Any help is appreciated, thanks ...

Does Anyone Use Stedman's Medical Word Spellcheck
Feb 05, 2014

I always had this through work, and now I need to buy my own.  Are you allowed to borrow, or people share a license?   I don't know how this works, I've never done it. Is there another program similar to it, maybe a bit less in price?  I definitely do NOT want to spend $100 on it, let alone have to pay to renew any licensing or get upgrades every year.   I'd really like to buy it once and be done with it,  is that possible? What happens if you ...

WORD 2003 Medical Spell Checkers
Feb 18, 2010

I am trying to find a good spellchecker to download for Word 2003.  I had previously been working out of WP5.1 and then Pscribe, so there was no need for me to purchase one.  TOO many out there, would like opinions from  MTs who actually use them, not the manufacturer saying "its the best one available" and end up paying for something that is garbage.  Starting a new position on Monday where I will be typing in Word 2003.  Any suggestions greatly appreciat ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...

Scan Medical In MI - Anyone Still Working At Scan Medical
May 29, 2011

Is anyone still working at Scan Medical.  I lost my account and just wondered if she is getting more accounts. ...

Word Help For Gynecological Report
Nov 05, 2010

Wanted to know if anybody has ever heard of this before: "Her last Pap smear in June was active but negative high-risk HPV." Has anybody ever heard of an "active" Pap smear?   Thanks ...

Word Missing In Report
Jul 19, 2014

Hi, I am transcribing a report where it says "this ia a 70-year-old male with history of a-fib, on Coumadin, with (warmth) on the day of admission. Can someone guide what this word can be? ...

Word Help On STAT PICU Report
Feb 04, 2010

Have never done peds really and definitely not PICU so I am stumped here. A 5-day-old girl with hypoplastic heart syndrome, just had a stage I Norwood procedure (whatever that is) with shunt placement.  "Her creatinine was 0.82 and preoperatively was 0.67 so not much of a change there. Her s/l "flank nares" have remained in the 60s."   ...

Word Help In Nasal Fracture Report
Mar 15, 2011

I am currently in school for medical transcription and in one of my practice dictations there is a doctor dictating about a nasal fracture.  I am having some trouble finding a correct word.  Any help would be greatly appriciated.  Here is the sentence: "The nose was further decongested and ______(sounds like ness a tized) using 10% cocaine pledgets." Can anyone help me out?   ...

VR Report - 24 Minutes - Almost Every Other Word Is Missing.
May 17, 2012

It's easier and quicker to just move the crap down and start typng it.  Garbled speech.  Repeating sentences.  "Oh let's say this before that last paragraph". All this for 4 fricken cents.  GOD I LOVE MY JOB. ...

Word Help For Future, Too Late For This Report Sm
Nov 20, 2014

He is stating "...otherwise beta blockers will be "coursely" reinstituted.  I understand what he means, but trying to figure out how to put it correctly.  Would it be "course-like" as in a course-like manner, how the medication is to be taken?  Thanks for your input.  As always, it is truly appreciated.  ...

Well I Just Checked A Report Against Microsoft Word Document Sm
Sep 06, 2010

and always MQ gave us more even just a little more in line count.  My line count was less than what it was in Microsoft.  So we are not getting paid for something.  Need to get out of this company and fast! ...

Word Show Up On Spell Check That Isn't Even In Your Report?
Sep 11, 2011

Have you ever had a word show up on spell check that isn't even in your report?  I am really baffled by this.   ...

Medical/Rx
Dec 21, 2010

I did some searching for older posts, but cannot seem to find a very accurate answer.  Will someone share how the health insurance benefits are at MQ?  Do you have to produce so many lines to qualify for insurance?  Do they offer Rx coverage?  Is it affordable?  Oh, how long does a new employee have to work before obtaining insurance? Any answer (s) is greatly appreciated. ...

QT Medical
Feb 06, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on QT medical?  Thanks! ...

AP Medical
Mar 29, 2011

Has anyone heard of AP Medical in Pennsylvania.  Any info would be appreciated.  TIA. ...

Anyone In CA Who Is PT -- Do You Still Get Medical....
Aug 29, 2011

for PT?  I'm getting conflicting information from other employees, friends and my CCM.  CCM says no medical for PT and someone I know in HR says in CA you are eligible for medical for anything over 24 hours per week, albeit at a higher premium.   Yet another person says a company doesn't have to offer medical to anything less than FT.  Sigh......   ...

Another Medical Must, LLC
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone heard of this company? ...

Medical
Oct 04, 2012

Has anyone had any problems with medical issues with Nuance or Transcend either one?  Like if you had to miss  for doctors visits etc.  I do not want to go into details on here. ...

Medical INK
Apr 28, 2015

Anyone know if they assign you specific dictators or if you work from a pool? Also, is there a minimum daily line count? Thanks! ...

Medical Equipment
Nov 16, 2009

The patient should be on a s/l wearing program for his brace and s/l prayfolus.  Patient with flexion at the hips and knees and possible contractures. ...

Medical Acronym
Dec 02, 2009

Anyone heard of AYR?  What is it?  HELP! ...