A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT company fired by Boston Medical - NQC

Posted: Apr 30, 2014

Security breach by MDF Transcription for having no encryption and exposing all patient records to the internet.  Story at Masslive.com.  Apparently happened back in early March.  Anyone ever heard of this company? 

I just found it by Googling but don't want to post it - me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Here's the link - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/04/29/boston-medical-center-fires-vendor-after-data-breach/jboHN1Aq1x2JAE5amyEHiO/story.html

MT Company fired by BMC - MThypno

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not familiar w/this company... Does anyone have info about how many MTs are now suddenly without employment? This seems like a sad situation for a lot of innocent people (patients and employees). Was it just a matter of the company not taking a few added security steps?

Similar Messages:

I TRULY Believe Getting Fired From This Company
Mar 08, 2013

Really...in the current situation that this software company disguised as an MTSO is perpetrating on its highly trained MTs..there is no other way out. We can earn min wage elsewhere without the STRESS of 99.5% QA hanging over our head and line counts AND a schedule that is guaranteed. I am out from this company as well...and now I am FORCED to get off my dead ass, my lack of confidence in my appearance, improve my MS Office software skills (which I am..and I am proud and surprised how easily ...

FIRED DURING COMPANY-APPROVED LEAVE OF ABSENCE...IS THIS LEGAL?
May 28, 2013

I was "terminated" after within 1 week of my company-approved (FMLA) leave of absence.  The excuse they used was that my company "could not accommodate" a leave of absence for the extended period of time that I would be out of work.  I needed the extended leave of absence because I had CMC arthroplasty with pin placement.  My surgeon gave me a written note that stated I would be in a hand cast for 6 weeks followed by 6 weeks of physical therapy, and he would not ...

Boston Scientific Is Now...
Apr 09, 2012

Instead of "Boston Scientific," ASR put "lost and signed 10 thick."   It just keeps getting worse.     ...

Boston Loupe?
Nov 10, 2014

used in context of vaginal hysterectomy...does anyone know if this is correct?  Can't find it anywhere! ...

Hoffman Transcription Out Of Boston
Jan 25, 2015

I have seen requests for info on Hoffman Transcription with no replies. Does anyone have any pros/cons on this company? They have an ad, but I have never heard of them before now. I would just like to know a little bit about them from someone working there. Anyone out there? ...

Saying Prayers For Those Hit With Tragedy In Boston Today.
Apr 15, 2013

Trying to concentrate but hard to when this is going on. ...

JLG Medical- Seeking Opinions On This Company
Dec 17, 2009

I am trying to find a nice company to apply with who is not doing layoffs.  Are there any companies out there who have remained stable during these poor economic times? ...

Remote Medical Jobs Company
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Remote Medical Jobs? I've seen several medical transcriptionist job postings by this company over the past several months.  ...

Non-payment By DW Medical Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

Did some weekends ER reports to DW Medical Transcription, Atlanta, GA from June 20 to Dec 15. They still owe $1,400 for Oct to Dec work. Their accountant lied  "Your check has been mailed. Please do not send any Emails telling me when and what I need to mail to you" and the owner/manager, Felicia made false promise “A check will go out to you next Friday on the 15th of this month”. NOT RECEIVED THE PAYMENT SO FAR AND NO RESPONSE FOR MY EMAILS. Their attorney said ...

Any Info On SR 11 Medical Transcription Company?
May 06, 2011

nm ...

Cypress Medical - Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company?  They are hiriing "summarizers".  Would like to know if anyone has taken the test and/or been hired by this company and what you think.  Thanks ...

Cypress Medical - If This Company Is Really Legit
Jun 24, 2014

Does anyone know if this company is really legit. There is nothing that comes up on Google as far as a company website, or any information really. They give no contact name really. It seems odd. If anyone knows of a website or other company information, would be great. Thanks very much. Lots of scams out there these days. ...

Anybody Have Experience With National Medical Transcription Company?
Oct 07, 2010

I received a job interview for an IC position with a company called National Medical Transcription with headquarters in New York.  Has anybody worked with this company? My main concern was that the company does not offer direct deposit but rather issues a check via mail.  Next concern is a "transparent" means of tallying up productivity for 65 character lines and spaces included. I would appreciate any feedback from present or past contractors. Thank you. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

Medical Data Services? Company Or A Small Owner?
Dec 03, 2010

7 cents a line for independent contracting and for radiology?  What is going on with this business?  The hospitals at least treated us with hourly wages and health benefits.  Now what gives?  For years we fought in-house over knowing that you cannot treat radiology the same and line count it the same either, yet you work just as hard.  Now, 7 cents without taking out taxes?  Every hospital I know has no transcription radiology department any more anyway, so may ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

What Licenses Do I Need To Start A Medical Transcriptionist Company From Home?
Jan 06, 2012

I am interested in starting a small transcription company in my hometown. I will be advertising to the doctors in my town. I was told to check with my local City Hall. I have been transcribing for 12 years for a local hospital, but I am interested in venturing out on my own. Thanks in advance for the advice. Mel ...

Ready To Make A Move To A Company With Medical Benefits. SM
Sep 04, 2012

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 25 years now.  I started young right out of high school and during college, and have been in this profession ever since.  I have always had my own physician clients or worked for small or local transcription services.  I need to make a move soon to a company who offers decent pay and healthcare benefits, as my husband can retire in a few years and I need my own insurance.   I'm younger than my husband, so at age 47 I still have ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - Company That Will Hire With No Experience
Jan 30, 2014

Just graduated from MT school and I am having a lot of trouble finding a company that will hire with no experience... any advice?? thanks!   Jenn ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Got Fired From The Q - Ha Ha
Feb 24, 2010

Well, I was officially fired yesterday.  Up until last summer, I was one of their top producers, never having an accuracy problem.  The reason I got fired?  I got sick. Early last summer, I let a UTI go for 10 days (lived off Rx strength OTC Pyridium) until I was severely septic and urinating almost pure blood and clots.  I also had a kidney infection, kidney stones and bladder stones.  Thought it was over.  IIRC, the urinary organism was proteus mirabilis.  I ...

Getting Fired
Apr 01, 2010

Isn't it odd that being fired from MQ isn't a disgrace?  Being fired from any other place would be total humiliation, but I don't think anybody here would ever look down on another MT who was let go.  MQ doesn't discriminate.  They justly fire bad MTs, but they also fire good MTs who are stuck with crummy accounts, accounts that constantly have NJA, and probably a ton of reasons that are beyond our control.  ...

Fired
Apr 28, 2010

I was hired by company initials "P" under the conditions that my computer meet their specifications.  I was told my computer met their specification and then offered employment.  I accepted. Their technicians worked on my computer for 2 weeks straight and installed faulty software, and then I was told my system would not meet their specifications and I needed to have my computer XP deleted and reinstalled or buy a new computer.  I had my computer checked out and was told my c ...

I Don't Really Want To Get Fired From Q
Dec 08, 2010

it really wouldn't be such a bad thing ...

I Was Fired
Jun 14, 2011

I was fired. I started with Medquist in 1998. They fired me in 1997. I was hired and Spheris and became a Medquist employee after they bought Spheris. I was fired again today. I just hope Medquist eventually stabilizes and the employees are happy again. I hope I find something suitable for me. I wish the best for all. It's been one hell of a bumpy and uneven ride. Bon voyage to me!!! ...

Getting Fired??
May 05, 2012

If you have had a written warning on 3/31 and I am going to assume after a failing audit score on 1 report I did, is firing next?? Really can use input regarding this and unemployment, or really anything you can think of? ...

Getting Fired....
Jun 28, 2012

this may sound stupid, but how does one go about getting fired from this God-awful company?...i sit here in tears daily, and can't look for another job because i am tied to this desk 14 hours a day and not even making minimum wage...i want to be able to collect unemployment for just a few weeks until i can find a real company to work for... ...

When You Get Fired
Nov 04, 2012

does mmodal pay unused acrued pto. when do they pay you for work performed before being fired? ...

How To Get Fired
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone been fired and able to draw unemployment from this ridiculous company? I just can't take it anymore, want to quit, but think if I can somehow draw unemployment that would be great for me. If I do not show up to work will I be let go? I know this seems ridiculous to be asking, but hey, these large do-not-care-a-bit-about-you companies bring out the worst in some of us.  This one is definitely the worse company I have ever worked for, and it shames me to have to work ...