A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can someone suggest a company that hires IC? I can't work for a company that offers insurance. - Oldie

Posted: Feb 17, 2014

Xx

Try TTS - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I work as an IC for TTS part time and I know they are hiring. They just recently posted an ad on this board somewhere. They are looking for both full and part time

Yeah, for 3 cents a line - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
N/M

why not? - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I know! I know! - class slurpie

[ In Reply To ..]
If surance available, can't use the Obamacare.

or get a - subsidy.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
The reason I can't work for a company that offers insurance is sm - oldie
[ In Reply To ..]
My husband's employer, a big university, told their employees that due to the ACA, if their spouse had access to insurance through their employer, they would be thrown off the university insurance, which is super-great insurance. Therefore, I cannot work for a company with insurance, unless I want to lose my current insurance due to the decision based on ACA. Thanks a lot.
Something similar - However
[ In Reply To ..]
I had a similar situation last year, however, it was because the institution, (not ACA)that decided to do this. As it turns out, I was able to stay on Hubby's, but I did have to prove I was legally married and had citizenship status. Perhaps you should check with HR to make sure you understand.
The rule is if you can get insurance through your employer you cannot stay on your husband's. S - Oldie
[ In Reply To ..]
I know of several people who have lost their insurance because of this new rule and they were told it is because of the increase in rates due to the ACA. Our portion of the premium is going up 100%
Check with HR - I interpreted it wrong too
[ In Reply To ..]
It is your institution. (Unless you live in a red state, then who knows?)
Live in red state and I could stay on - my husbands. Do not know
[ In Reply To ..]
what is the difference between the blue and the red states. Give me more insight.
I live on the border - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
between a "Pro-blue" Obamacare state and an "Anti-red" Obamacare state. The "anti-red" Obamacare state has been making everything more difficult for people to sign up. It would not surprise me if the "anti (red)" state required the universities to take away family health insurance coverage.

The "pro" blue state has been running commercials and has hired "navigators" to help people get signed up. I do have friends who have said they would like to move across the border from the red to the blue--you can see the difference between the states just by driving across the border.
Red state bad enough but now to be having the - confederate flag on car plates again
[ In Reply To ..]
I hate that we in the south are looked upon as a bunch of backwoodsy, countrified people and heard today our great state is once again bringing back the confederate flag to put on the car tags. I know for some this is a emblem of hatred and I have no clue why the higher ups would decide to do this. Am ashamed, just ashamed. I never investigated the new insurance because knew I could stay where I was and PPO, BXBS, am very pleased with what I have. Don't know if I posted above but when time for me to get Medicare also notified by the company I still could keep on with the insurance I have. Happy.
ACA did not make up "the rule" - Employer did
[ In Reply To ..]
Your husband's company has chosen to change the company's policy. It is just another example of employers reducing benefits to their employees to whatever they can get away with. If they can blame it on the government, they will.
Am on my husband's insurance and they contacted - me to let me know I
[ In Reply To ..]
was still able to stay on his insurance. Not just that, I was able a few years back to go on Medicare which I did not want to do. They contacted me then and told me I could continue like I had on his insurance. Best of this story, his insurance is one of the perks of his job, no out of pocket pay for us.
Employers like this can hire the best people - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and seems more rare all the time. Employers who offer good benefits, insurance, time off, good matching 401K or pensions are more likely to be able to hire the most qualified people who will then be the most loyal. Isn't it ironic how the MT industry, basically no one has any loyalty anymore? We don't even want to take their insurance because it is so sub-par.
You can work for a small company - that is exempt
[ In Reply To ..]
You could then accept a position as an employee.
Does the university pay your entire premium? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Most companies who include spouses allow them to be on the plan but the spouse of the employee still has a premium.

If that is the case, if you have to attain insurance through your employer, the premium may be the same or less than what your husband's policy is charging for you. I pay about 125 per month with my employer.

Now, of course the quality of the plan may not be as good, so I can't speak to that.

I don't know if this helps, but just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the ideas. Nm - Oldie
[ In Reply To ..]
Xx

But that's not true - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You can work for a small company as an employee, receive ACA and a subsidy. I do.

So when the OP is looking for a job, she should not limit herself to just IC if she can find a small company.

Company uses IC - Gypsy

[ In Reply To ..]
Future Net Technologies in Diamond Bar California. HAVE worked for them for 5 years as an IC I like the work, their setup is great, they use MTs and MEs for voice recognition software. I've had no problems with them at all. Great company to work for!

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Work For A Company That Offers Kaiser Insurance To Their Employees?
Apr 03, 2010

I live in California and MedQuist has just decided to cancel their contract with Kaiser which we have had for years.  I really don't want to start over finding a new doctor but I am willing to find a new place of employment so I can keep my insurance with Kaiser.  Thanks for the info.  It is very hard to find this information on the internet. ...

When A Company Offers - Sm
Dec 10, 2009

pay for an IC for a 65 readable character line, does that mean they don't pay for spaces?  ...

Anyone Work For A Company That Offers Quarterly Bonuses? 
Oct 14, 2011

Anyone work for a company that offers quarterly bonuses?  ...

Is This Legal For A Company Who Hires IC's? Sm
May 07, 2011

We are REQUIRED to fill out a monthly schedule (on Bayscribe) telling how many lines we plan to do each day. I have talked to others who have missed working on a day they said they were going to on the schedule, and the management has confronted them about that. We are IC's. That isn't legal, is it? ...

I Hate When A Company Hires You And Says...
May 12, 2015

There will be plenty of work...then hire several more MT's, and you discover that you all were most likely hired to clean up a backlog. And then you end up with several MT's fighting over a few jobs. Ugh. I can't wait to get out of this industry. ...

Newly Graduated, Again Is There A Company That Hires New MTs
Jul 11, 2010

From this board, one would assume that there are quite a few graduates out there looking for jobs. I find myself in this uneviable position. Are there companies who hire new grads? I am beginnning to believe that are none.   ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

At A New Job, Can Insurance Company Deny You Because Of
Oct 14, 2012

x ...

My Company Sent Out Health Insurance Enrollment
Nov 08, 2011

for a family plan will be in the range of $48K+ to over $50K per year. The company pays 3/4, something like $36,000+/year,  leaving me  about $1,000/per month to pay for the cheaper plan, $12k a year, for a policy with $2500 individual deductibles/$5000 per family before it even starts paying, plus copays. I wish I could get the company to pay me that $36K to go in the bank instead. If my husband had health insurance, I could go employee alone for $100/month (1/10th as much), but he ...

What Company Is Nuance Health Insurance Thru?
Oct 04, 2012

nm ...

What Company M-Modal Uses For Dental Insurance
Aug 28, 2013

Can anyone tell me what company M-Modal uses for dental insurance ...

Any Advice On A Company With Good Health Insurance?
Jul 26, 2013

I am wondering if there are any companies left that provide FT employees good health insurance?  The kind that does not make you wait months or a year to be covered for preexisting conditions.  Thank you in advance for any input on this. ...

Company Health Insurance Question For Self And Spouse
Oct 16, 2013

What is the cost per paycheck for company health insurance for self plus spouse?  Any feedback on the quality of coverage?  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.  ...

Does Any Company Offer Med Insurance For Part-time?
May 20, 2015

x ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

Company Requires "professional Liability Insurance" Through Employer.
Jun 04, 2010

Does anyone have experience with this? I am not sure what to think.  I feel that the record is the responsibility of the author and/or the supervising physician.  ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Headphones. Can Anyone Suggest A
Dec 31, 2009

to buy, perhaps from Radio Shack or online?  The headset that came with my Bayscribe pedal is just a standard transcription headset.  Since many of the dictators think that whispering or talking with their mouths away from the microphone is acceptable, I need to upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Suggest Me A Site
Oct 08, 2013

Guys,   Need a help.  As you know, UPIN (upin.ecare.com) has been discontinued.  Plz suggest me a site like UPIN which was very useful in searching docs, especially name spellings.     Thnx in advance,   Cindy ...

For All Who Would Suggest Not Paying For An MT Program
Dec 28, 2012

So for those here who would suggest not paying for an MT program and I definitely understand why what would you suggest as the way to get any type of experience so that I might have a better chance to get an MT job ? Even part time would be helpful at this point ! ...

Can Anyone Suggest A Good File Transfer Program?
Jan 11, 2010

x ...

Time To Update My Ref Books, Dictionaries, Etc. What Do You Suggest?
Jan 18, 2011

My reference resources are starting to show their age and I've decided to update them this year. I would like an opinion as to what is really worth the $$. Ability to use within Word 2010 is a plus and CD's are preferable to books. *Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book ($41.95) vs QuickLook ($49). I currently have Saunders and really love it due to the fact that it regularly self-updates, shows methods of admin, dosages, gen/Rx, and indications for use, but is expired now and drugs are ...

Looking For A VR Company
Nov 02, 2009

I have never done straight typing, my first MT job was with VR (even though I didn't even know they had stuff like that, LOL) now I love it and I am looking for some VR companies that are good to work for. If anyone could point me in the direction of some companies.  Thanks so much ahead of time ...

Looking For A Company With No ASR And All USA
Nov 18, 2009

I have over 30 years in this field and it seems that a lot of companies are either cutting the MT's pay to edit on ASR and/or are offshoring work out to India, Pakistan, Philippines, etc.  I don't believe in sending our jobs overseas, and I've also given ASR at whirl (a long whirl lol) and I still couldn't increase my lines per hour to compensate for the cut in pay that I had to take by doing ASR.  So what I'm looking for is a company that does not do ASR, do ...