A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any MDI MTs not sending their paperwork in? - Jeannie

Posted: Nov 28, 2009

Just curious:  Any MDI MTs not feeling like jumping through the hoops, printing out the paperwork for Transcend on THEIR deadline even though we don't become official employees until Feb 1?  Anybody going to just quit and save yourself the hassle?  Doesn't seem quite fair to want MDI MTs to just say "how high"  when they say "jump" does it?  I'm just put out at how we've been treated.  Yeah, it's business, and that usually means it is okay to lie if it makes you more $$$.  Just sayin'...

just those of us who don't want a job.nm - anon but like a paycheck

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Jeannie - there are other jobs out there - Tinydancer

[ In Reply To ..]
I was put out with how a friend and I were both treated. She darn near lost her house because she could not pay her house note and the bank threatened to foreclose. All this while MDI told her they did not know why there was no work all summer. (ha!) I decided that, while it was D's absolute right to sell her company to anybody she wished, I did not like the way it was handled. So I went out and got me a job as an employee with a mid-sized American company that does not offshore. I am not paid 11 cpl like at MDI, but I am getting a good bit more than 8 plus a great bennies package. There ARE good companies out there. Just rememeber, most of them are small to mid-sized. It seems that when a company gets too big, its humanity decreases inversely proportional to its growth. Good luck to you. Just remember, MDI/Transcend is not the only game in town. I don't know if it is good or bad and I don't care to find out. Just sayin', is all.

MDI/Transcend - MDIMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi Tinydancer:) How long were you with MDI before you quit? I don't make 11 cpl, and I know a lot of people who also don't make that amount. I think that if I personally did, I would not look for another job, because from personal experience jobs in this field that pay 11 cpl are not readily available. I can see why you did this though, and I wish you all the luck in the world, but most companies are sending work offshore and do have voice recognition, or are headed in that direction. I am glad there are still small companies around that do not off-shore, and have some integrity. I also feel badly for your friend, and wish her all the best too.

Care to share which company? s/m - Interested

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to know which company you are working for. It's good to have options.

Really - Lori

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been quite impressed how we have been treated since they announced the merge. I like to think about the glass half full. I am thankful to have a job, and thing they have bent over backwards to give us info. I have been in on some of the conference calls and cannot believe some of the things asked over and over again. I am suprised that they continue to have so many with some of the questions. Really, I was upset at first but feel very good about this merge. I believe in giving things chances, and until I feel otherwise, I will do what I have to do to keep a job.

I totally agree. - MDIer32

[ In Reply To ..]
I think Transcend has been more than patient and helpful during this transition time. I called Sue, at her invitation, and she talked with me about my personal concerns. I am also thankful to have a job and will do all I can to make this work. It is refreshing to see someone post a positive note. Thanks!

I agree - MDIerToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree !! I am quite pleased with the way things have been handled. There will always be unhappy people no matter where you go, but I'm glad to have a job, I'm glad to have some bennies, I'm glad to be able to take some time off with my child and actually get paid for it, and, quite frankly, I'm glad to have a job. I'm not signing my life away in blood and, if the time comes and I am no longer happy, I will check out the waters then. Remember ladies and gents, the grass isn't always greener on the ole' proverbial other side of the fence. I'm taking all the bennies except for the added life insurance and I only had to print out 26 pages or so. Heck, my child and I can waste that much paper and ink in a day without even trying !!

I quit after receiving the paperwork. sm - bassettmomma

[ In Reply To ..]
I had another job on the side anyway. They cut the pay 10 cents a report, even if we were staying IC. I think I'm going back to school to do nursing or something else in the medical field. I've been doing transcription for 15 years, been at home 10 of those years, and sorta getting burned out.

Similar Messages:

Training Without New Hire Paperwork
Feb 16, 2010

I was hired into a company last week.  Now, I am asked to be trained without signing any new employee paperwork and to get started immediately.  I was told my paperwork would come via email and I should sign and send it back, but I have yet to receive anything,but I am being pushed to start transcribing reports.  Might this be so that they can decide if they want me to stay or not.  Are they trying to see my work first before they send me the full employee packet.  ...

Can They Legally Do This? My Hire Paperwork
Mar 02, 2010

states my pay per line, nothing about 5% submission rate.  Can the rules be changed so drastically, virtually cutting my pay in half for ASR (I make 6.3 cpl for ASR)? ...

According To MM's Paperwork, Their Latest Version Of
Feb 14, 2015

Fluency now works with Windows 8 and 8.1 64-bit.  Has anyone verified this or had any trouble with it?  TIA! ...

I Just Faxed My Paperwork To OTI. Does Anyone Know How Quickly I Might Start After That? TIA Nm
Feb 11, 2011

Anyone Know How Long It Takes For Raise To Go Through Once Paperwork Is Submitted By CCM?
Nov 13, 2009

It has been 9 years since my one and only raise, so after hassling CCM for last few months, she finally got on the ball with it.  First, I had to have an audit, which was done on 10/01 and my score was 99.89, so she went ahead with the paper work.  She told me a couple of days ago via IM that the paperwork had been submitted (however she failed to say when).  Soooo, my question is....how long does it take for it to go through? ...

I Am Putting In My Paperwork For The Andrew's School For Medical Coding And I Am Nervous
Oct 01, 2013

Hi Friends: My name is Suzanne and I am sending in my paperwork to enroll in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding and I am nervous.  I am nervous because I do know I can do it, but what about my age of 57.  I am too old for studying for this field?  I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for 12 years and I am a fast thinker and learner and I know I can do it, but what about the Affordable Care Act and the jobs being outsourced like medical transcription. Can you ...

In Filling Out Paperwork For SoftScript, I Note I Have To Give Them Permission To Check My Driving
Sep 24, 2010

record.  That's a new one on me.  I work at home and no driving is involved, so why would they care?  It's bad enough companies routinely check credit scores, now this.  More and more it feels an invasion of privacy, and if I am using my own equipment in my own home, why would anyone care if my credit sucks or if I am a horrific drive?  Oh well ... ...

Is It Me Or ? Anything I Am Sending To QA Is Being
Dec 09, 2014

Is this something new? ...

SENDING BLANKS THROUGH
Mar 04, 2010

I'm just sayin....as a radiology MT in this company for 14 years...we have always sent radiology reports straight through to the docs to review and sign (because of turnaround time)....never knew they did QA until I got new accounts 2 years ago....and have had some pretty bad foreigners.  I believe it is docs job to go over his reports anyway...he is legally responsible.. ...

Question About Sending To QA
Mar 06, 2010

Just wondering about the sending of blanks.  I had a few blanks due to inaudible dictation.  I know QA wouldn't be able to get it either, but when I uploaded the job the QA box was checked and I tried to uncheck it and it wouldn't let me.  So, how do you just send it straight to the client and not to QA? ...

Who In Their Right Mind Will Be Sending Anything To QA?
Mar 19, 2010

Are they kidding?  Who is going to be sending ANYTHING to QA and take a chance of having their pay cut? Especially if it's the beginning of the work week! Yes, the clients will be getting blanks and I know they will be complaining.  The Q keeps sending us e-mails telling us to cut down on QA submissions. Are they kidding? No amount of "tips" will help if the dictator mumbles, sneezes, is ESL, etc. Don't they think we know all the "tricks" already? Besides that, we can't ...

Sending Jobs To QA..
May 22, 2010

I feel that I flag a lot and send to QA a lot.  I've been at this for about a year, do acute care, lots of ESL etc so I think it's a reasonably difficult account; but I ask myself do really experienced MTs, e.g. those at this for 5 years or 10 years or more, send so many jobs over to QA?  I mean, do you get to the point where you can pretty much understand everything these guys are saying, even when they're chewing, slurring, belching etc.?  I would love to make it ...

MQ Sending More To India
Nov 20, 2010

My husband is in the stock market and has been checking up and reading things about MedQuist.   MedQuist is now in a transition of sending more to India than ever before.  According to the CEO and COO, they are looking to increase their volume of 15% of MQ total work to 45% in the next 6 months.  The purchase of Spheris was a smokescreen.  The contract with Spheris was that they could come in and set up shop with their own people and move the MQ folks out.  Which is ...

TTD NOT SENDING 1099s
Feb 08, 2013

Has anyone out there gotten a 1099 from TTD?  I assume not, but I only saw one post below with 1 response.  Has anyone reported her to the IRS criminal division yet?  This is just plain sickening. ...

Sending A Letter To
Aug 19, 2013

Idea to contact CNN and see if we could get the attention of Dr Sanjay Gupta to do an investigative piece on offshoring. After all, this is his country, and it might interest him for many reasons. We'll see if we can get some attention, and maybe you guys can also send in requests at this link. http://www.cnn.com/feedback/show/?s=storyidea Found this on a website. ...

What A Mess They Are Sending!
Aug 27, 2013

Okay.  Finished report that original MT was in India.  Went to 2 different QA editors, nothing corrected.  Came to me.  I made over 50 corrections.  If this is any indication of their work, our jobs are safe.  Ridiculous and diiscouraging at the same time. ...

Thanks Transcend For Selectively Sending Out
Dec 27, 2009

gift cards.  It's nice to see that people who have been fired or quit received them, but some of us who slave day after day for you were forgotten.  Great quality control!  ...

Anyone Sending Questions To Corporate?
Mar 02, 2010

I want to send questions to TM although the email stated to send them to ccm.  I have tons of questions.  this is not fair at all.  we cannot help poor audio, hemming and hawing by the dictator, dictators who cannot dictate......who the heck is running this show, lucy and ethel??? bunch of creeps. ...

Sending Back Equipment???
Mar 11, 2010

I am working on sending back my equipment for MQ and just got the mailing slips in the mail today.  The sheet that comes along with it tells me I'm not required to send back the foot pedal, speaker, keyboard or mouse.  This makes no sense to me.....anyone been here before??  Did you just send everything back regardless??  Please help. ...

Need Clarification On Rules For Sending Cc's.. Sm
May 11, 2010

Okay, I got a ding today from my extremely sweet and helpful QATL.  It seems I did not send as a cc a requesting physician dictated.  I looked at the report and I did enter the requesting physician in the ADT and the body of the report.  I thought if they did not specifically request a cc be sent, then you did not.   Am I wrong?   Old dog needs help.  Also, I thought if the Req Physician was in the ADT it automatically received a carbon copy..  Hmmm.. ...

Getting Docked For Sending Work To QA :(
May 31, 2010

Why should we be docked for sending work to QA especially when there is an issue with poor audio quality, having a job that is incomplete or simply not being able to find the correct address even after we have spent time doing the propper research. This is as ludicrous as it would be if the phone company decided to charge us extra to call 911. ...

CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA
Jul 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/medical-transcription-heavyweight-cbay.html   CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA ...

Sending Work To India
Aug 16, 2010

Maybe I haven't done a thorough search.  I see a lot of posts about offshoring to India.  Not all of the work goes there.  AFAIK, the Philippines is quite a hot spot. India, Philippines--what the heck.  How's that global economy working for ya? ...

Help Me Please....FTP Site File Sending???
Sep 08, 2010

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to send completed typed files via a FTP site?  I was asked to test for a company through an FTP site that they sent me the link to so I could transcribe 2 files.  They said I could send the completed test back via the FTP site but I don't know what to do.  I did look it up on Google but am still lost! ...

Sending X-mas Cards To Accounts
Dec 16, 2010

Does anyone send Christmas cards to their accounts?  I work as an IC for an MTSO and this is the second year now that I have received a fruit basket from one of my long-term accounts.  I get nothing from my MTSO, however.  Last year I sent them a thank you card and maybe a Christmas card as well, but I can't remember.  Anyways, I was thinking of sending them a X-mas card with a thank you note in it for the fruit basket.  Thoughts?  Anybody else get x-mas gifts ...

Sending Work Offshore
Nov 04, 2011

There is one thing that people should know when it comes to sending work offshore, be it India or Pakistan or any other country.  The patient’s information is strictly protected.  It is true that the SSN number and the MRN number is being given away by the doctors while dictating the demographics, but at the same time a person transcribing those reports does a minimum of 20-25 reports a day, do you think he or she will even remember at the end of the day what number belonged to w ...

To Those Sending Out Backlog Updates:
Apr 17, 2012

It would be very helpful if you would state whether or not OT is approved.  Never sure if you're referring to part-timers & people who need to make up hours versus allowing us to hop on for OT. ...

Sending Records Offshore
Apr 17, 2012

Yes. The Privacy Rules allow hospitals to disclose patients' names and other directory information to anyone asking for the patient by name or to the clergy. Patients do not need to sign up to be included in the directory, but must be allowed to "opt out" and choose not to be listed.       For those of you who have been saying that sending transcription overseas is illegal or a HIPAA violation, this information was taken from the HIPAA Q & A board on ...

Anyone Having Problems With Jobs Sending
Jul 10, 2012

DEP light is green.  Hope it is just me and not the whole system again. ...

If You Keep Sending Problem Docs Through QA
Jul 11, 2012

So sick of these repeat bad dictators..If we keep sending them through QA then they never realize what a pain in the tail they are..I honestly think a lot, not all, if they realized how bad they sound would straighten up..Especially the English speaking "slurrers".. Im sending them the blanks,  Guarantee no one ever say he doc, can you just slow down to somewhere near the speed of light for a change then your reports would come back more accurate and in a timely manner instead of them being ...