A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just faxed my paperwork to OTI. Does anyone know how quickly I might start after that? TIA nm - MountainMT

Posted: Feb 11, 2011

Cool

Youll get an email from trainer with dates and times to train - within a day or two

[ In Reply To ..]
They get you up and running pretty quickly.

Thanks. I'm already using Bayscribe for another MTSO, so I'm hoping it will be fast. sm - MountainMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the response. I'm anxious to start working. :-)

I already had BS too so mine went fast - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I already had Bayscribe so all you'll have to install is the instant messenger. They'll email you all the instructions to download both. At about the same time you'll get an email from the trainer with some dates and times. The training only took about an hour (might be because I already knew Bayscribe). You'll be up and running in no time.

Welcome aboard :-)

Similar Messages:

OB Help Quickly Please T-pal?
Jun 08, 2010

Admitted as a 27yo gravida 7, para 0 with a s/l "t-pal" of 0-0-6-0 to the labor and delivery department in preterm labor. TIA!  ...

Need Tips On How To Edit VR More Quickly - SM
Oct 07, 2014

Hello.  I have just edited my first 5 VR reports ever.  It seems like ther must be a more efficient way to do it than what I was doing.  Every time I needed to make a change, I had to stop the recording and manually move my cursor to the right place.  I wish the Word cursor moved along with the dictation.  I'm sure this must be a learning curve thing.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Wow, They Shut You Out Of Webmail Quickly After You Quit
Mar 21, 2015

Like within 2 to 3 hours. It's not like I care about the e-mails in the account, but wouldn't they want to talk to me about getting their foot pedal back to them? Or removing software?   Anyway, I'm free! ...

Instant Text Tips About Getting Up And Running Quickly
Feb 21, 2011

I just got Instant Text and was wondering if anyone had any tips about getting up and running quickly with it.  Are there any shortcuts to choosing between the words that pop up besides mousing down and clicking?  I'm trying to decide if's actually slowing me down or if I actually transcribe faster without all of the constant reading and clicking.  Does everyone start out this way or am I doing something wrong?   ...

Any MDI MTs Not Sending Their Paperwork In?
Nov 28, 2009

Just curious:  Any MDI MTs not feeling like jumping through the hoops, printing out the paperwork for Transcend on THEIR deadline even though we don't become official employees until Feb 1?  Anybody going to just quit and save yourself the hassle?  Doesn't seem quite fair to want MDI MTs to just say "how high"  when they say "jump" does it?  I'm just put out at how we've been treated.  Yeah, it's business, and that usually means it is okay t ...

Training Without New Hire Paperwork
Feb 16, 2010

I was hired into a company last week.  Now, I am asked to be trained without signing any new employee paperwork and to get started immediately.  I was told my paperwork would come via email and I should sign and send it back, but I have yet to receive anything,but I am being pushed to start transcribing reports.  Might this be so that they can decide if they want me to stay or not.  Are they trying to see my work first before they send me the full employee packet.  ...

Can They Legally Do This? My Hire Paperwork
Mar 02, 2010

states my pay per line, nothing about 5% submission rate.  Can the rules be changed so drastically, virtually cutting my pay in half for ASR (I make 6.3 cpl for ASR)? ...

According To MM's Paperwork, Their Latest Version Of
Feb 14, 2015

Fluency now works with Windows 8 and 8.1 64-bit.  Has anyone verified this or had any trouble with it?  TIA! ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know How Long It Takes For Raise To Go Through Once Paperwork Is Submitted By CCM?
Nov 13, 2009

It has been 9 years since my one and only raise, so after hassling CCM for last few months, she finally got on the ball with it.  First, I had to have an audit, which was done on 10/01 and my score was 99.89, so she went ahead with the paper work.  She told me a couple of days ago via IM that the paperwork had been submitted (however she failed to say when).  Soooo, my question is....how long does it take for it to go through? ...

I Am Putting In My Paperwork For The Andrew's School For Medical Coding And I Am Nervous
Oct 01, 2013

Hi Friends: My name is Suzanne and I am sending in my paperwork to enroll in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding and I am nervous.  I am nervous because I do know I can do it, but what about my age of 57.  I am too old for studying for this field?  I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for 12 years and I am a fast thinker and learner and I know I can do it, but what about the Affordable Care Act and the jobs being outsourced like medical transcription. Can you ...

In Filling Out Paperwork For SoftScript, I Note I Have To Give Them Permission To Check My Driving
Sep 24, 2010

record.  That's a new one on me.  I work at home and no driving is involved, so why would they care?  It's bad enough companies routinely check credit scores, now this.  More and more it feels an invasion of privacy, and if I am using my own equipment in my own home, why would anyone care if my credit sucks or if I am a horrific drive?  Oh well ... ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

When Does PTO Start?
Apr 06, 2011

I was told when I was hired that PTO started acruing immediately.  But my sup says no, but doesn't seem to want to tell me when it starts.  I think it stinks I was told immediately and it evidently doesn't start immediately.  ...

Where To Start
Aug 23, 2011

I would like to how you became coders? I saw someone went to Andrews, is that where most of you went?  I was a coder at a local hospital about 12 years ago.  I was taught on the job, no schooling at all.  I know things are changing and have changed significantly since I coded, and the way it sounds ICD-9 is going to ICD-10.  What suggestions would you give someone like me?  I also did transcription and have been doing that for the last 25 or so years, but I do not like t ...

Trying To Start IC
Mar 15, 2012

Hi All, Some IC questions for all you ICers out there.... 1) I know cpl is a 65-character line by most standards, but how do you calculate headers and patient info such as DOB, PatientID#'s etc.? 2) Also, how do you write a contract up for places who want to hire you as an IC? 3) What are some of the most important things to include in your IC contract in your opinion? 4) Software...do you need "platforms" such as everyone talks about on these forums that they use for th ...

What A Way To Start A Day - OOW
Jul 04, 2013

So I get to stay tethered to my house while my hubs and son go to a state park for a party.  I wish I could just leave but I'm not the kind of person to do that, I'd feel too bad.  Oh well, time to play some games ...

Start Looking Now!
Nov 02, 2014

This is specifically for ambulatory care MTs.  The axe has fallen and it will probably get worse, if that is possible.  I got out a month ago and am I ever happy that I did, after hearing what the new exciting changes are.  But I started applying, testing and even trying out other places months ago, and it took a while to finally find a good small, keep-work-in-the-USA and care about our team company.  Start looking now, because the resumes will be flooding any and all good-s ...

Been Away From MT For 10 Yrs - Where Do I Start?
Jan 05, 2015

I was an MT for 14 years with multi-specialty experience.  I have been out of the field for 10 years.  I am interested in getting back to it.  I have some questions:  -Should I work on Certification before finding a job?  Should I get Registered before Certification? -What equipment/software is generally being used this days for at-home/contractor? -What is the average PPL?  -How does straight transcription compare to VR editor as far as pay? -Right now I live ...

Pay .07 Per Line To Start
Nov 02, 2009

I've never been paid by the line.  I have over 10 years radiology experience, and this company wants to hire me with radiology experience at .07 per line "to start".....is this decent pay?  I'd have to type at least 1500 lines a day to make decent money.  Is that a lot of lines to do in a day?  Med Trans?  Ever heard of it? ...

Going To Start Coding
Apr 04, 2010

I am wanting to start coding in the next month.  I have a question though.  Does it make a difference if you have a certificate or associates in it?  Is one better than the other? ...

My Job Will Not Load. What A Way To Start The Day
Aug 23, 2010

x ...

When Does The New Pay Period Start/end?
Dec 09, 2010

Just wanted to know when the end of the pay period was or beginning.  Is Monday, 12/13 start of the new pay period?  I know pay is every two weeks. ...

S/L Primiformis Start
Jul 11, 2011

underwent closed reduction and intramedullary nailing with a Piriformis start nail and ...

Start Your Own Business
Jul 29, 2011

I am really tired of working for other people and have them treat you like dirt all the while making millions of bucks off our hard work. Has anyone looked into starting their own company?  What resources are required and how does one go about licensing, getting clients, etc.? Any information on this topic would be helpful.  Please don't reply if you have anything negative to say.  Just want some good clean advice  :) ...

How To Start An Argument On
Dec 08, 2011

1.  Express an opinion. 2.  Wait. ...

Anybody Start With EDocScribe ?
Feb 03, 2012

I am wondering if anyone who works there, either recent hire or long-term MTs, would care to share their experience as to how they are to work for, how QA is, how productive the platform is, etc.  I would appreciate any feedback from recent experience.  Thank you in advance.  ...

So Nice To Start The Day With NJA. Nm
Mar 08, 2013

xx ...

Start-Stop
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone use Start-Stop?  If so, do you like it? Cathy ...

Start My New Job Next Week.
Aug 27, 2013

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, well wishes or just encouragement, I got the office position job I applied for, took my drug test yesterday and will be starting training next week.  I am so very excited to FINALLY be getting back out in the work force.  I tried to hang on to being an MT as long as possible, have been job jumping for some time, but thought it would get better.  It never has, for me, and I know it's time to move forward and be able to once again ...