A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Who in their right mind will be sending anything to QA? - Daisy

Posted: Mar 19, 2010

Are they kidding?  Who is going to be sending ANYTHING to QA and take a chance of having their pay cut? Especially if it's the beginning of the work week! Yes, the clients will be getting blanks and I know they will be complaining.  The Q keeps sending us e-mails telling us to cut down on QA submissions. Are they kidding? No amount of "tips" will help if the dictator mumbles, sneezes, is ESL, etc. Don't they think we know all the "tricks" already? Besides that, we can't possibly know every bit of terminology in every field and sometimes we just need another "ear." I can't believe they are jeopardizing patient well-being to save a few bucks. And then they have the nerve to say that we are not being "punished" for sending to QA. What? Are you kidding me?

totally agree with your post - NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm not sending ANYTHING to QA - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I had an ESL on a speaker phone, a very long report. The more I typed the madder I got. I left markers but nothing to QA. Why should I, or anyone else, be punished for lousy dictators. What's WRONG with the Q? We're the only ones who care about the patients and don't guess at things we're not sure about, but the Q doesn't give a crap about them - or us.

nothing to QA - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
No I won't send anything to QA either. Maybe once in a blue moon if there is something that I am curious about and can't get it another way, might - but it would not even approach 5%. I also stopped doing free work for MQ. If I have a few minutes to read something absolutely necessary, I will but it is in last place on my roster. No more free work from me!!!

MME thoughts - Are they out of their minds?!!

[ In Reply To ..]
As an MME, what bothers me the most about this whole thing, is to see the terrible quality of reports coming through for the ILPs, and to see Americans punished for just wanting to learn more. I'm just sitting at my desk shaking my head.

Similar Messages:

I'm Going Out Of My Mind!
Feb 03, 2014

Seriously, I honestly do not know what is going on in the western region.  It wouldn't be so bad if there was just no work in my BOB and I could ask for more back up accounts from other BOB but the whole western region is out of work!  It was the same way over the weekend, isn't there usually work on the weekends?  I'm a single mom and can't afford to take it off with no pay - I REALLY NEED THIS INCOME so I'm stuck taking it out of my PTO but I won't ...

Never Mind....
Oct 18, 2014

x ...

An Idle Mind
Jul 27, 2010

Okay, I just started my first job with an MTSO, and now I'm looking at an empty queue. This is the same running-out-of-work scenario that has been following me for the past 6 years, everywhere I go. Three on-site jobs have gone down the tubes because the clinics/hospitals were "streamlining" with VR, and making their remaining employees more "efficient." Every time this happens, I promise myself: Will retrain, will find a new line of work. This is a dying field. Every time, somethin ...

If You Don't Mind Me Asking What Is The Most And Least That You've Made?
Jan 12, 2011

I've worked at a hospital doing transcription and getting an hourly wage, and I've also done transcription at home.  At-home was not a good experience for me.  I about went bankrupt, but the good thing is that I have more experience now.  I'm trying to decide whether to go back to a hospital and get an hourly pay or work from home again...  Thanks for any input!  I appreciate it!  ...

My Racing Mind Just Got
Mar 22, 2012

Funny while editing SR, the "other side" of the brain wanders.  Just came up with a T-shirt idea in the form of D: dictated/T: typed by speech rec. Speech Recognition D: Speech "wreck" wrecks MT's lives. T:  Spit wreck rex empty wives. LOL. ...

Mind. Blown. (sm)
Aug 08, 2012

I'm trying to use more keyboard commands and less mouse action, right?  So I needed to highlight and delete a line of text, and I tried Ctrl Alt Right Arrow.  Try it.  Go 'head.  For the timid among us, I can report that that particular key combo makes your screen skew sideways.  I tilted my head to look at it, thinking furiously about how to correct it without having to involve the techs, so I decided to try Ctrl Alt Left Arrow.  ...and tilted my head the ...

Just Too Mind Numbing!
Nov 15, 2013

Editing MM's ASR is so mind numbing! I get back 1-2 reports a week from a client audit with stupid errors, errors I don't make when I am straight typing! And you can certainly tell the horrendous number of errors that I am correcting by my line count. The better the output, the better my count. I so wanted to pop off an angry email back about how mind numbing this is! I can't wait to do it the day I can quit. Who cares about burning bridges, if need be, there are plenty of M ...

Mouse Wi A Mind Of Its Own
Mar 27, 2014

My mouse seems to have a mind of its own.  Keep skipping all over on me.  Is this a virus or the mouse?? ...

Gee, Could They Make Up Their Mind
Aug 08, 2014

08/10, no 08/24, no 08/10, no cancel 08/10.  FAIL ...

I Don't Mind Clocking In And Out
Dec 02, 2014

I don't mind clocking in and out, everyone has to do that, but if there is down time that needs to be added to my timecard or the like then that should be their job not ours.  I don't have time for all this unpaid crap. I just want to clock in and do my work then clock out and forget about the rest.  They get paid the big bucks to take care of our timecards if there are additions that need to be added. ...

I've Made Up My Mind.
Dec 04, 2014

Eight years ago, I started school for medical transcription. I had grand dreams of being able to have a well-paying career while still staying home with my kids. After all, based on my husband's pay we could not afford for me to stay at home without bringing in an income and preferred to not have to pay for daycare for our 2 (now 3) kids. Now here I am, with my head in my hands, making exactly the same as I did when I landed my first MT job. This is the only profession I know of where you ...

Oops! Never Mind
Feb 17, 2015

x ...

I Wouldn't Mind
May 01, 2015

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO HARD!!!!???   i specifically got up today to log on for the hour of MOT.  then i see an email that says we don't need it, but its vague.  then another email says, we need it, but not until after 3 central time.  i even tried pulling in a 3:30 to 4 time from the swap board but it wouldn't let me.  my shift starts at 4.  so i wrote and said i'd just log in and do it and forget the swap board, but i'm told feel ...

I'm Losing My Mind Or What's Left Of It!
Oct 16, 2009

I can't take it anymore.  Three weeks with more jobs than we could handle and now...... only weekend work with the worst dictators I've ever heard.  I DO mean the WORST dictators I've ever heard!  I have actually made up NEW cuss words today.. strung together in a most creative way.  You wouldn't even believe it.  I MUST get off my dead butt and find a real job or go totally insane.. OH... the drama~!  But.. really..  $%^*((*&%^**.. I co ...

401K, For Me No Way, But I Might Change My Mind
Dec 04, 2009

I could have participated in my company's 401K for 3 years now, but when I went to sign the paperwork and read through the fine print there were things stated in there like I could lose everything that I put into it if the investiment company went bankrupt and that this "IS" an investment and not a promise to pay..... So I backed off.  I am very iffy on having one.  The only benefit is that my company will put 25% in it, but if there is a chance I could lose it is it worth it?&nbs ...

My Mind Went Blank........s/l Eye Cap....medication
Mar 03, 2010

. ...

You Know What Just Crossed My Mind Regarding That Email From
Apr 22, 2010

If some people are going so far above and beyond what is expected of them that they are giving 250%, how in the world are they not working more than the regular shift? Every day it is drummed into our heads that we have to watch our schedules so as not to go over.  If we're already working full time and giving 100% or more, how can we give 250% without going over?  Is she saying what I think she is saying?  Give 250%, but only put down 100% on your time card?   ...

Mind-numbing ESL Tonight
Apr 25, 2011

I remember reading recently on here about monotonous female ESL dictators. Well I have one right now and it sounds like she has placed her lips directly onto the receiver to speak. This is so frustrating! I'm about to tear my hair out. My shift can't end soon enough tonight. I am so burnt out from this job, just scraping by isn't getting it with my family anymore. And yes, I have been looking elsewhere but there's just nothing. My son wants to take his girlfriend to the ...

Do You All Mind Sharing With Me How Much You Take Home
Jul 10, 2012

I was laid off last week from my in-house MT job.  I have an interview this week at Nuance.  I am wondering how much you all bring home in a 2-week period?  I've never worked production so I don't know what to expect.  And could you please tell me if you're part-time or full. Thanks! ...

If You Wouldn't Mind Sharing...
Oct 02, 2012

I have seen a few posts where someone mentions another job board.  I know we cannot post them here, but if you wouldn't mind emailing me I would appreciate it.  Seems like a google search is like a wild goose chase with schools and such and I just want a few real job boards to watch. Thank you so much in advance. ...

I've Totally Changed My Mind . . . . Maybe
Apr 06, 2013

Thank you all for answering my questions lately.  I'm definitely at a crossroads with where I'm going.  I have an Associates Degree in medical transcription, have completed two A&P classes, two medical terminology classes, a pharmacology class, etc. and have worked as a transcriptionist for two decades.  I am now looking at either going to my local community college and adding on to my degree with a certificate program, or just recently I have considered Western Gove ...

Mind Numbing Boredom
Apr 19, 2014

I used to work on an account I loved and recently lost to EPIC.  I never minded voice recognition because the account was interesting and I took great pride in each report I typed.  Now, though, I understand what everyone is talking about when they say "mind numbing bordedom."  I must look at the clock 5000 times a shift and just keep counting the seconds until I can turn off the computer.  ...

Keystrokes - It Just Blows My Mind
Apr 30, 2014

that they are hiring at 7.5 cpl when just 2-3 years ago I got a job there I started at 9 cpl.  Why dose it seem that this is one of the only profession where wages go down over the years instead of up???   ...

I Am Bored Out Of My Mind And/or Can't Concentrate
Sep 16, 2014

I have literally put my face in my hands out of not being able to stand working today. Anything to help??? ...

I Do Not Mind Giving This Doctor's Name
Oct 02, 2014

Dr. M has got to be the worst dictator that NUisANCE has.  One can only hope he's a better doctor than he is a dictator. ...

If You Don't Mind My Asking, Did Anybody Choose IC Over Employee With Transcend? And Why?
Dec 02, 2009

Still weighing my options and am not sure which way to go.  I understand FT and PT got a cut in pay, but not ICs.  Is this true?  Any other downside to IC status other than the SE tax and being lowest on the totem pole to get work when it's slow? ...

Zowie .. I Don't Mind Testing For A Job, But I Have Had To Do Three Separate Log Ins And Sm
Feb 08, 2011

3 separate sets of screening and transcription tests on MT test ... seems a bit excessive!  I hope it is worth it.  We'll see ... ...

Anybody Mind A Little Production Comparison? I Mostly ASR And Find
Jul 13, 2011

and it is tough...I work doggedly to do this in the 8 hours I am allotted..not because it takes 8 hours, but because I have to do within 8 hours.  If I was given a block of time, like it has been suggested, I could easily get this done with 6 hours (on and off) of editing and/or the little bit of typing I get.  Do you mind comparing?  I like to know if I am in the average range of what I need to do. By the way, in the old days, a full day for me was never more than 30 ...

Anyone Else Find This Work Mind Numbing?
Sep 21, 2013

Does anyone else find themselves find this ASR to be mind-numbing?  I am so bored I cannot even concentrate on this garbage.  I am losing my mental capacity listening to this drivel all day every day.  I need to find a different career, 30 years of this is enough.  I love the odd, very rare, typing job that at least makes me think.  I literally want to call in sick every single shift so as to avoid ASR.  In addition, my blood boils when I think how little we make to ...

An Old Post You Mind Find Interesting!
Jun 16, 2014

"All the good work goes overseas to India where the owner is from. Basically, their little office in Massacheusetts is just a storefront and the American MTs they hire are window dressing." ...