A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DOLLAR" ... TRUE (literally) IN THIS JOB - Kitty

Posted: Jan 24, 2014

FrownCry........................................

and what company would that be we might discuss here? - anon NM

[ In Reply To ..]
?

Similar Messages:

All In The Name Of The Almighty Dollar
Nov 20, 2009

What has happened to quality?  Someone earlier today mentioned that she had a verbatim acct and was embarrassed to send out the report with her initials on it because the doctor's grammar was so bad. What happen to the time when we were allowed to type three, four, five, instead of 3, 4 or 5.  We get sentences such as "The patient was prescribed Ultram 50 2 times a day.  I'm going to type out two there because at least to me, it looks confusing. Whatever happened to be ...

Another Day, Another Dollar Not Earned. This Is More Than
Jan 04, 2012

ridiculous at this point.  Yes I am looking for something else and yes I did file for partial unemployment but have not been approved yet.  My husband and I just had a blowup because he wants me to just up and quit but I do not want to do that and we can't afford that but we can't afford for me to be going to work every day and not earning anything.  Sorry for venting but I'm losing my mind here.... ...

One Dollar Per Page
Sep 26, 2013

Just got an offer with a company for 1.00 a page for medical transcription.  I had thought when I applied it was some kind of insurance transcription but it turns out they are medical.  This is certainly not a good rate at all.  Anyone else got any offers like this?  This is not x-rays, it would be acute care.  ...

Expression Of Dollar Amount. Please See Msg.
Nov 16, 2009

Doctor says: "She is carrying about 12 to 15 thousand dollars in credit card debt." Do I put it $12 to $15 thousand, $12,000 or $15,000 or as above? Thanks. ...

S/l Lonsbury Silver-dollar Curette - Sm
Jul 30, 2012

Adherent placental tissue was noted and easily removed with a (s/l) "lonsbury" silver-dollar curette. ...

Nuance Million Dollar Club
Jul 15, 2013

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-million-dollar-club-winners-hospitals-saving-1-million-or-more-last-year-2013-06-27 ...

A Load Off Literally
Jul 17, 2013

Finally quit. Except for leaving MM I have never felt such a load taken off my shoulders. I am going to a hospital system where historically they do not treat people like robots, or slaves. I was going to try to hang on here, by hermiting (do my job and not look at e mails, etc) but decided to try to get out and with a lot of job hunting it worked. I still cannot believe how much pressure has lifted. Oddly I no longer feel depressed. I guess now I know what was causing my sadness... I am not say ...

I Am Literally Amazed That On One Screen
Jun 08, 2012

there is a whole long thread about people with NJA and no PTO time left because of it, people complaining about mandatory OT, AND comments about ads to hire more new MT's.  This company is truly weird. ...

Literally Physically Sick Of This
Jul 30, 2013

These are the last 3 days of my notice. I thought I would be elated. Instead, I had a really really bad day (again). I have always done well, been in the business forever. I learned to hang on here a year, rarely if ever paid mind to the nasty e mails because I kept my nose to the grindstone. I managed to get bonus almost every payperiod the last several months, and last time got the big bonus.   All of a sudden out of nowhere about 3 weeks ago I suddenly sucked so bad as an MT it seems I ...

Literally Instructed To Clock Into DocQScribe
Mar 25, 2011

Schedule Source.  That 4-5 seconds is really that important?  ...

I Am Literally Going BROKE Working For This Company
Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open ...

Literally Was Falling Asleep While Typing Just Now...
Dec 20, 2011

Was just falling asleep while transcribing a report.  I kept nodding off.  I had to rewind quite a few times to see what I may have missed.  I usually don't have this problem, but I went to bed really late and had to get up earlier than usual so didn't get the sleep I normally do.  What is a good wake up remedy?  ...

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

This Place Makes Me Literally Ill. No Joke
Oct 02, 2012

I don't think I am going back to working here. My son thinks it isn't right for me to leave b/c of a bad boss who micromanages everyone until they cannot breathe.  I have another source for money and for the little I make here it isn't worth the effort anymore. Just writing to warn others about the micromanaging done here.  The pay is so little, it isn't worth it. Thanks for listening. I know this is a negative move on my behalf regarding money but you cannot take m ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

Can This Be True?
Nov 11, 2010

I think full-time MT/ME's with benefits are required to do 150 lines per hour or 1200 for an 8-hour shift, right?  Full-time without benefits and part-time need 100 lines per hour. If the poster below is correct about newbies getting 4-cents per line ASR (no mention of how much for transcription), that means full-time with benefits will get $6 per hour = $48 per day = $240 per week = $12,480 per year, NOT including fed and state taxes, Medi ...

Is This True PTO
Mar 31, 2012

Ok I've been here like 3 months. Got my new manager's rules like 2 days ago. It said if you are scheduled to work holiday, you will (well obviously) but it also said you can request it off and will NOT be told yes or no until 3 days prior to the day. Three days? I mean I wasn't planning on taking major holidays off for a year since I'm new, but I can't plan my life around 3 days notice for Christmas and Easter. Second during a meeting she told people that all the ...

It's All True...
Jan 18, 2013

Everything that's been posted on here about the Softscript recruiter is absolutely true.  I accepted a job with them, then thought it over because of the lack of PTO, and wrote in to tell the person handling my paperwork that I had reconsidered due to the lack of PTO.  My email was forwarded back to the recruiter and she sent me a snarky email that said basically, you get 3.5 days the first year and 5 the second, and said, "please explain."  I told her that I had reconsidered ...

Is This Really True Then?
Apr 04, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/468952.html ...

Is It True
Sep 24, 2013

you don't have to be laid off or run out of work to file a TAA for school??   thanks! ...

I Wonder Why, If All Of The Posts Below Are True,
Nov 14, 2009

that MQ sent out that stupid letter stating not to worry, we will still need MTs, and that off-shoring will remain one of many solutions (including VR).  I really have no idea whether we will still be here after the first of the year or not (although that's what a lot of people on this board thought LAST year and it didn't happen....but WHY would they waste their precious money sending that letter to everyone if they planned on nixing us all soon?  Doesn't make sense.&nb ...

My Wish May Come True! Now I'm In A Pickle.
Mar 02, 2011

TWO job offers today. One is for my old hospital. I never thought it would happen again. I tried for 3 years to get my old hospital job back but never heard a peep. Thanks to still networking with my old cohorts, I got a call today. I might be a FT EMPLOYEE this time, not I.C. I had the choice of I.C., PT, or FT. I chose FT because of the insurance, but left it up to the HIM director "whatever she needed".   HaHa! Was so excited, I forgot to ask the pay rate. I hope I sounded cool as a cuc ...

Is AutoCorrect A True
Oct 25, 2012

The MTSO I will be starting with requires Word AutoCorrect as an abbreviation expander as we cannot download anything on their computer. I have never used AutoCorrect and do not know how to access it nor do I know what the keyboard shortcut keys to use. Is there any info anywhere on how to effectively utilize AutoCorrect as a word expander? I have Word 2010 ...

Are There Any True IC Positions?
Jul 22, 2013

I am looking for a true IC position where I can work when I am available due to being handicapped. I sometimes have some very bad days and can't get out of bed as a result of it and I keep losing jobs. I am also wondering if there are any companies that pay MTs what they're worth on VR. I feel like we do twice the work for less pay. It's a lot harder if you ask me, especially if you have an account full of doc's who suck at dictation and sound more like auctioneers than a do ...

OK ... What? Is What I Just Heard, True?
Mar 08, 2014

That if a company files bankruptcy, it could also protect them from paying unemployment benefits to employees?  If that's true, what's to stop them from letting most of us go without punity? You've GOT to be kidding ... this has GOT to be someone's idea of a sick joke ... ...

It It Really Verifiably True
May 20, 2014

the most difficult dictators, while the less difficult work is being offshored? Honestly, I'm not sure I'll make it through the night with my job intact. Nothing for my primary account, and just unfamiliar really difficult dictators for my secondary and third accounts, just one after another. ...

Unbelievable But True
Feb 02, 2015

So Mmodal decided to eliminate my position and I was without work for quite some time.  I took my 401K distribution to survive on.  Just figured out my taxes and low and behold I owe what my 401 K distribution was.  This country needs to get with it.  My family would not have survived without that 401K distribution to live on, yet the government feels that I am overpaid or something.  So sad.  I am so disgusted.  I put my heart in my job, lost it, and did what ...

If It's True That They Are Letting People Go Who
Jun 05, 2010

make the most per line - then isn't it ironic that they were offering pay increases to those who went through the (expensive) certification process?  That was a great way for ADHI to make $$ and then they would cut any MT who was making more! Catch-22! ...

The Ad Is True. The Response Is A Parody.
Aug 13, 2010

Anyone see the ad on this and another job board about needing an MT who speaks FRENCH? What the heck has our industry come to that MTSOs will suck up to any foreigner and do ANYTHING whether it's right or not just to make a fast buck. The medical record is supposed to be on the chart in English in this country for legal reasons.  I hope if anyone here speaks French they DON'T apply.  Let's keep to American values!  <<Parody over.>> Actually, I am d ...