A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My Wish May Come True! Now I'm in a pickle. - anonymous for now

Posted: Mar 02, 2011

TWO job offers today. One is for my old hospital. I never thought it would happen again. I tried for 3 years to get my old hospital job back but never heard a peep. Thanks to still networking with my old cohorts, I got a call today.

I might be a FT EMPLOYEE this time, not I.C. I had the choice of I.C., PT, or FT. I chose FT because of the insurance, but left it up to the HIM director "whatever she needed".   HaHa! Was so excited, I forgot to ask the pay rate. I hope I sounded cool as a cucumber when speaking with her. LOL

Hubby is not so sure I should on FT because I'm so close to retirement. I am now thinking the same thing, since I haven't had a job since Sept. last year and do like being home doing 'nothing', but things are tight here and like I said, we need the insurance. 

All this hinges on my being approved by the head honcho. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!  Still, if it doesn't work out, that will be okay too, I guess. I will be disappointed, but it just may not be in the cards.

wish - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
That's wonderful! If you can get by working part-time, I'd advise that. If not, maybe the least number of hours and still be full-time. Some hospitals jobs are still full-time at 36 hours.

My fingers are definitely crossed for you - cloverport

[ In Reply To ..]
:) You go girl!!! Please keep us informed of the outcome. I love to hear stories with happy endings, and I have a feeling your's is going to be one.

Fingers crossed for you. - It is gonna be good. :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Good for you - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm happy for you. I'm waiting to hear about a job at a hospital I applied for - I had a positive feeling about the interview. Anybody have any thoughts on how long after an interview it would normally take to hear back? I think the whole process moves too slowly - I want to know now!!!

Similar Messages:

In A Bit Of A Pickle
Jun 07, 2013

Where does one apply when you have already worked for just about every company over the years? Some lasted months, years, and even one lasted about 2 hours. Getting discouraged. ...

Can This Be True?
Nov 11, 2010

I think full-time MT/ME's with benefits are required to do 150 lines per hour or 1200 for an 8-hour shift, right?  Full-time without benefits and part-time need 100 lines per hour. If the poster below is correct about newbies getting 4-cents per line ASR (no mention of how much for transcription), that means full-time with benefits will get $6 per hour = $48 per day = $240 per week = $12,480 per year, NOT including fed and state taxes, Medi ...

Is This True PTO
Mar 31, 2012

Ok I've been here like 3 months. Got my new manager's rules like 2 days ago. It said if you are scheduled to work holiday, you will (well obviously) but it also said you can request it off and will NOT be told yes or no until 3 days prior to the day. Three days? I mean I wasn't planning on taking major holidays off for a year since I'm new, but I can't plan my life around 3 days notice for Christmas and Easter. Second during a meeting she told people that all the ...

It's All True...
Jan 18, 2013

Everything that's been posted on here about the Softscript recruiter is absolutely true.  I accepted a job with them, then thought it over because of the lack of PTO, and wrote in to tell the person handling my paperwork that I had reconsidered due to the lack of PTO.  My email was forwarded back to the recruiter and she sent me a snarky email that said basically, you get 3.5 days the first year and 5 the second, and said, "please explain."  I told her that I had reconsidered ...

Is This Really True Then?
Apr 04, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/468952.html ...

Is It True
Sep 24, 2013

you don't have to be laid off or run out of work to file a TAA for school??   thanks! ...

I Wonder Why, If All Of The Posts Below Are True,
Nov 14, 2009

that MQ sent out that stupid letter stating not to worry, we will still need MTs, and that off-shoring will remain one of many solutions (including VR).  I really have no idea whether we will still be here after the first of the year or not (although that's what a lot of people on this board thought LAST year and it didn't happen....but WHY would they waste their precious money sending that letter to everyone if they planned on nixing us all soon?  Doesn't make sense.&nb ...

Is AutoCorrect A True
Oct 25, 2012

The MTSO I will be starting with requires Word AutoCorrect as an abbreviation expander as we cannot download anything on their computer. I have never used AutoCorrect and do not know how to access it nor do I know what the keyboard shortcut keys to use. Is there any info anywhere on how to effectively utilize AutoCorrect as a word expander? I have Word 2010 ...

Are There Any True IC Positions?
Jul 22, 2013

I am looking for a true IC position where I can work when I am available due to being handicapped. I sometimes have some very bad days and can't get out of bed as a result of it and I keep losing jobs. I am also wondering if there are any companies that pay MTs what they're worth on VR. I feel like we do twice the work for less pay. It's a lot harder if you ask me, especially if you have an account full of doc's who suck at dictation and sound more like auctioneers than a do ...

OK ... What? Is What I Just Heard, True?
Mar 08, 2014

That if a company files bankruptcy, it could also protect them from paying unemployment benefits to employees?  If that's true, what's to stop them from letting most of us go without punity? You've GOT to be kidding ... this has GOT to be someone's idea of a sick joke ... ...

It It Really Verifiably True
May 20, 2014

the most difficult dictators, while the less difficult work is being offshored? Honestly, I'm not sure I'll make it through the night with my job intact. Nothing for my primary account, and just unfamiliar really difficult dictators for my secondary and third accounts, just one after another. ...

Unbelievable But True
Feb 02, 2015

So Mmodal decided to eliminate my position and I was without work for quite some time.  I took my 401K distribution to survive on.  Just figured out my taxes and low and behold I owe what my 401 K distribution was.  This country needs to get with it.  My family would not have survived without that 401K distribution to live on, yet the government feels that I am overpaid or something.  So sad.  I am so disgusted.  I put my heart in my job, lost it, and did what ...

If It's True That They Are Letting People Go Who
Jun 05, 2010

make the most per line - then isn't it ironic that they were offering pay increases to those who went through the (expensive) certification process?  That was a great way for ADHI to make $$ and then they would cut any MT who was making more! Catch-22! ...

The Ad Is True. The Response Is A Parody.
Aug 13, 2010

Anyone see the ad on this and another job board about needing an MT who speaks FRENCH? What the heck has our industry come to that MTSOs will suck up to any foreigner and do ANYTHING whether it's right or not just to make a fast buck. The medical record is supposed to be on the chart in English in this country for legal reasons.  I hope if anyone here speaks French they DON'T apply.  Let's keep to American values!  <<Parody over.>> Actually, I am d ...

My True Thank You To The MTSOs Who Acknowledge
Dec 20, 2010

It is truly appreciated by those in receipt.  Even if I am not one of them, I still want to thank the companies and managers who really do express gratitude in one form or another for a job well done. Whether you are an MT or an MTSO:  Gratitude goes a long way. Grateful MT   ...

True Blue Transcription
Jan 24, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a new company called True Blue Transcription.  I didn't find much when searching for them.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

IT'S TRUE ! HALLELUJAH ! - WithYouOnThis
Dec 02, 2011

about this as there is strength in numbers... MINIMUM WAGE - IT'S TRUE ! HALLELUJAH ! - WithYouOnThis Posted: Nov 28th, 2011 - 2:45 am I called my parents' lawyer; this post is RIGHT ON! MTSOs have used semantics to rip us off for the past decade.  They DO have to pay minimum wage !  We do NOT work "production", as MTSO's claim. The term for compensation method regarding our work type is "tiered incentive"; there is an actual base hourly rate, which is what PTO & ...

Wow ... It's True ... I Haven't Had The Same 2 Accounts All Day
Oct 24, 2014

I've been all over the place today, from California to New York and everywhere in between, and not a single report from ANY of my "primaries" ... not even one.  There doesn't seem to be ANY rhyme or reason to the type or location of the reports I've gotten ... it's crazy.  It's like a switch has been flipped since yesterday, and I also notice my Teamwork timecard has my manager's name changed to the new one.  Guess this is what my work flow will look ...

Is It True That We, As Nuance MTs, Can Be Prosecuted
Nov 20, 2014

such as accidentally sending a cc to the wrong doctor?  While I know that is a big no-no and I haven't personally done it (yet)...and hope I never will, isn't that an awful lot of responsibility to put upon us?  Shouldn't that be on someone else, like the hospitals.  I personally think we shouldn't be responsible for sending copies with a click of a key.  We should maybe ALERT the facility that a cc needs to be sent and let THEM take the responsibility sin ...

What's The Word On Ascend - Rumors About No Pay True?
Dec 21, 2009

Can't tell from the archives if only a couple people were having problems with not getting paid or if it was company-wide.  Nothing good in the archives though.  Anybody have anything to say about this company?  Just looking for truth before I apply. ...

Feel Like The Only One Working - I Know It's Not True Buttttt.....
Dec 24, 2009

anyone else having trouble focusing??? Though I need to finish because I have a gazillion things to do before bed tonight!! ...

Can This Be True? MQ Contributes 50% Match For 401k....
Apr 30, 2011

Out of curiosity I went to the Merrill Lynch site.  I was looking around on my personal page; I had NO idea how much I had in there, and it showed me (I was surprised as I thought it was much less) But what do I know about it...never really kept up on it..... However, I always thought MQ didn't contribute a CENT anymore?  I clicked on "Learn more about your company's match" and it said it matches 50% of the first 5% you contribute....WTH???  Can anyone confirm or refute ...

MINIMUM WAGE - IT'S TRUE ! HALLELUJAH !
Nov 28, 2011

I called my parents' lawyer; this post is RIGHT ON! MTSOs have used semantics to rip us off for the past decade.  They DO have to pay minimum wage !  We do NOT work "production", as MTSO's claim. The term for compensation method regarding our work type is "tiered incentive"; there is an actual base hourly rate, which is what PTO 'per hour' time is designated and paid out at (in my case $12.00, almost $4.00 more than minimum wage in my state), and anything over ...

Every Negative Post About Nuance Is True!
May 08, 2015

I am happy to announce that I just got offered a position with a different transcription company and finally get to leave Nuance! For those of you struggling there, there are other opportunities out there. Hang in there and keep looking. As for Nuance, generally what people have been posting about them is true. They do not value their employees, their new compensation plan is a joke. It is true that while some of their employees are starving and on welfare because they are OOW on a daily basi ...

What Allied Medical Schools Told Me... Is THIS True?
May 12, 2010

A representative from Allied Medical Schools told me this:   Our program is designed to prepare you for not only the career, but also for the AAPC’s CPC-A exam which is the first certification you can obtain as a new medical coder. The AHIMA certification requires a degree program that usually takes about 2 years to complete and to pursue that, you must already have your CPC-A certification. Some employers may ask for a AHIMA cert but there are plenty of employers that do not and th ...

I Just Ran Across A Company Who Sounded Too Good To Be True Until I Read ... (sm)
Dec 31, 2010

"Typist will be required to complete 2 hours of unpaid audio as probationary period."  Has anyone else ever heard of something like this? ...

Moderator, Can Post About Minimum Wage. It's True.
Nov 28, 2011

Then all who come here will know the truth about how we should be paid.  Thanks. ...

Cannot Figure True Line Count Anymore
Mar 26, 2012

Got an Escription "upgrade" and now cannot copy text into separate Word document to get line count.  Methinks I smell a dirty rat.  ...

True To Form, OTI Is Getting Ready To Overstaff Another Account.
Feb 13, 2013

pfooey ...

It's True. Night Shift Gets The Bottom Of The Barrel.
Sep 10, 2013

Just signed into my account to get some extra in because of OOW for the past month, at least.  Surprise, surprise. What I have been reading is true!  The worst of the worst dictators are on and only them.  Gosh, it seems like there is some cherry picking going on, perhaps from overseas?  Unbelievable.  Hardly worth the frustration. Not one good one out of the bunch.  Boy, don't we work for some POS people?  ...