Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Do Not Do It - They might be scammers

Posted: Aug 27th, 2017 - 1:05 pm In Reply to: I apologize for the rude responders here - MT

I am happy to hear that you have a legitimate request. It is just me but I would be very leery requesting info from strangers or providing information regarding my employment to a stranger on the internet. Many of these replies were harsh but unfortunately people are telling you the truth. MT wages are declining and jobs are limited due to the fact that so many places use speech recognition and much of the work is sent offshore. Also, transcription is a job that can take months or years to gain proficiency. At home, you will be on your own with no one to ask when you get stuck and on top of all the foreign accents you need to deal with, to some extent you will need to troubleshoot computer and network problems and also be expected to meet production quotas, maintaining quality standards can be difficult. There will be times when there will not be enough work and you will not be paid for downtime. Unfortunately, with many hospitals operating 24-7 you will probably be asked to work weekends and holidays and those daytime hours you want are rarely available. I have never worked at home for an MTSO but I know that this is the situation. What I would suggest although it's a shot in the dark, is to try and find an onsite job at a hospital or clinic that permits you to be home when your children get home from school. I work for a facility that outsources but we do keep some of the work on-site and employ a few people. I have a combo job where I work in medical records and back up transcription; something like that might be what you need to consider if your heart is set on becoming an MT. With some experience you might be able to work in QC. I'm close to retirement age so I'm doing what I can to stay viable but there is no future in this profession anymore. If Career Step tells you that there is money to be made or that you can work in your pajamas around your children's school hours, they are doing you and everyone else a disservice. Good luck with your future choices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)